Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Broken devices

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Not even a month old and my daughter managed to break her tablet last night, she said she dropped it off her bed which is a high sleeper, I did hear a bang and she was hysterical I thought she'd broken her leg. Anyway the screen is fucked it's got those 3 big lines through it and big black blobs, glass of the screen isn't cracked or smashed and I didn't buy cover for it which I should have I have an ereceipt from Argos but I bought it 29/09/16 and their cover is 30 days. It's an acer iconia 10 inch £119.99 and when I registered it it said it comes with a one year free warranty with acer but small print says it doesn't cover accidental damage it's more like faults with the device kind of thing.

What am I asking what am I asking, can I take it to like a phone shop and they repair it or is it proper fucked and I have to buy a new one?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ereforgigglesMan
over a year ago

Scotland

If it's just the screen a lot of the phone shops can do it.. just phone round and see..

over a year ago

"If it's just the screen a lot of the phone shops can do it.. just phone round and see.. "

She was playing a game and the sound was still working and you could see the rest of the game in the corners the touch screen isn't responding Nd it has those big black blobs through it?

Is stuff like that covered by my contents insurance? I've never made a claim on that.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My first sleepy thought was gosh your daughter is advanced for just one month old!

But if you do need to replace the tablet, check your house contents insurance policy if you have it...do you have accidental cover for electrical items on that? Tho an excess might be more than cost of tablet but worth checking?

over a year ago

It sounds propper fucked.

over a year ago

Doh just said same thing!

over a year ago

"My first sleepy thought was gosh your daughter is advanced for just one month old!

But if you do need to replace the tablet, check your house contents insurance policy if you have it...do you have accidental cover for electrical items on that? Tho an excess might be more than cost of tablet but worth checking?"

Yeah the excess will probably be almost as much as the tablets worth, god sake, she only had it middle of October on her birthday.

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

If the glass isn't broken, then it sounds like it might be the lcd behind, which is probably going to be more awkward and costly to repair.

When it's "only" £110 you're better off getting a new one.

And Black Friday is just around the corner

By *cduck and Blue eyesCouple
over a year ago

nr chester

"Not even a month old and my daughter managed to break her tablet last night, she said she dropped it off her bed which is a high sleeper, I did hear a bang and she was hysterical I thought she'd broken her leg. Anyway the screen is fucked it's got those 3 big lines through it and big black blobs, glass of the screen isn't cracked or smashed and I didn't buy cover for it which I should have I have an ereceipt from Argos but I bought it 29/09/16 and their cover is 30 days. It's an acer iconia 10 inch £119.99 and when I registered it it said it comes with a one year free warranty with acer but small print says it doesn't cover accidental damage it's more like faults with the device kind of thing.

What am I asking what am I asking, can I take it to like a phone shop and they repair it or is it proper fucked and I have to buy a new one? "

. Ok so this is a little dishonest, but what the feck wander into argoss with your best honest face and your daughters best sad face, and you say, she's only had it a couple of months, tried to switch it on today and it's doing this, ( say what it's doing lol) then quickly say, I don't want a refund, I just want to try a new one please , they should with it being so new not even quibble, irrespective of the 30 day thing, give it a go, what have you got to lose I put my sons Fitbit in the washing machine the other month, it was nearly but not quite 12 mths since I bought it, so said it won't charge, which in turn means it won't switch on five mins later, I'm walking out with a brand new good luck, Mrs blue eyes

By *ilfy85Woman
over a year ago

Beckwithshaw

Insure it with insure my bubble wait a while then claim if the excess is less

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Home insurance will often cover personal possessions in or outside of the home. But some bits are optional add-one, such as accidental damage. Theft, loss and other problems can be included. There are probably excesses, where you'd pay first part of the repair or replacement cost.

I'd check your cover, so at least you know what options you have.

over a year ago

"Not even a month old and my daughter managed to break her tablet last night, she said she dropped it off her bed which is a high sleeper, I did hear a bang and she was hysterical I thought she'd broken her leg. Anyway the screen is fucked it's got those 3 big lines through it and big black blobs, glass of the screen isn't cracked or smashed and I didn't buy cover for it which I should have I have an ereceipt from Argos but I bought it 29/09/16 and their cover is 30 days. It's an acer iconia 10 inch £119.99 and when I registered it it said it comes with a one year free warranty with acer but small print says it doesn't cover accidental damage it's more like faults with the device kind of thing.

What am I asking what am I asking, can I take it to like a phone shop and they repair it or is it proper fucked and I have to buy a new one? "

If you've bought it on a credit card I do belive many of them offer accidental breakage for 6 months

over a year ago

"Not even a month old and my daughter managed to break her tablet last night, .... "

You give a tablet to a baby a month old??

Post new Message to Thread