Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sick day

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So glad I phoned in work sick today I have had a few extra hours in bed and now I feel great ready for the weekend ahead

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

And we wonder why we have so many immigrants working here.

over a year ago

"And we wonder why we have so many immigrants working here."

Why's that

over a year ago

Was tempted to pull a sickie myself, 24 hours awaits me

Mrs Dirty

over a year ago

"And we wonder why we have so many immigrants working here.

Why's that "

Because they don't think it's their God given right to have a few weeks off on the sick with full pay every year.

over a year ago

Why's that

Because they don't think it's their God given right to have a few weeks off on the sick with full pay every year."

Lol are you mad I have worked 12 hour days for 5 weeks if am feeling run down I am having a day off

over a year ago

Easy tiger

over a year ago

"Easy tiger "

Lol people jumping on there high horse when they don't have a clue

over a year ago

High horse?

You defrauded your employer out of a day's pay so you could have a long weekend.

I bet you would have gone in if you were going to lose a day's pay.

I've not had a day's sick in 16 years, despite working with broken ribs.

over a year ago

"High horse?

You defrauded your employer out of a day's pay so you could have a long weekend.

I've not had a day's sick in 16 years, despite working with broken ribs."

I've never worked anywhere I get sick pay, always unpaid

G x

By *iver2015Woman
over a year ago

middlesbrough

Bit of a leap from this man having one day off to immigrants coming here because of a lazy British work ethic.

By *he devil wears pradaWoman
over a year ago

gosport ish

Man up princess

over a year ago

"High horse?

Yes, well done. When the redundancy packages are offered out I'm you will get the same as the rest for your great effort.

Meanwhile your boss is probably working from home or the golf course that day.

over a year ago

"High horse?

Who said I was getting paid and I think if you spoke to my boss he would have nothing but praise for me I will have you know I don't get paid for weekends which I have worked for the last 4 weeks as we are moving premises but when your a small firm you do what you can to make it work I ft shit this morning

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

Every day's a sick day

By *elnkazCouple
over a year ago

cheshire

I have only ever taken sick days for what they are DAYS WHEN YOU ARE SICk The clues in the name.

Have never taken a day off work because I wanted to ready for something else or needed a rest because I am tired from doing to job i am paid to do. And yes I am in and have been in jobs where I would get full pay when off sick and yes have worked long long hours.!!!

Del

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

Well for the extra hours over the years that I have put in with my employee with no remuneration either time back or money the odd sick day isn't that bad.

TBH if I have been sick on day 1, I always take a day 2 as less likely to question 2 days sick than the odd day.

Never phone in sick on a Monday. Thursdays are a good day to phone in sick as you can take Friday off and no1 will question it.

I do get paid full sick and in last 3 years (i have had 3 days sick for flu headache like symptoms and that was last year) though I did have 3 weeks off with a fractured arm

I think over the 14 years of my working life probably had about 5 days where I have not been as sick as I have made out i was

By *ellowbabesCouple
over a year ago

newport/cwmbran

Car has thrown a sickie today so i,m having an unexpected day off.....does that count??

over a year ago

I love it everytime a thread pops up about sick days

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

"I love it everytime a thread pops up about sick days "

The ones that piss me off is the people that say they work from home - bollox do they

over a year ago

Bit of a leap from this man having one day off to immigrants coming here because of a lazy British work ethic. "

About as much of a leap as saying you can't get a job because immigrants stole them

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Some employers recognise the need for time off when the person is not really ill but, for one reason or another, needs a day off, be it for being tired or feeling a tad down. Some refer to it as "duvet day" (no, not in the fabs sense)

If I felt that I was not able to work on a particular day, yes I would take a day off, even two.

Nothing to do with immigrants taking jobs, people being lazy etc. It is a personal thing and should not be judged by others. It is between the employer and the employee I think

over a year ago

"Some employers recognise the need for time off when the person is not really ill but, for one reason or another, needs a day off, be it for being tired or feeling a tad down. Some refer to it as "duvet day" (no, not in the fabs sense)

If I felt that I was not able to work on a particular day, yes I would take a day off, even two.

Nothing to do with immigrants taking jobs, people being lazy etc. It is a personal thing and should not be judged by others. It is between the employer and the employee I think

"

over a year ago

I'm really lucky to be honest. I was off I'll three months last year...even this year I've had to have to odd couple of days where I've been bad enough not to be able to go.

My boss/manager has been really helpful and is always there to talk to if I need it.

Some people do take the piss though. Even though I was ridiculously ill people I work with still think you're taking the piss and trying it on.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Why's that

Because they don't think it's their God given right to have a few weeks off on the sick with full pay every year.

Lol are you mad I have worked 12 hour days for 5 weeks if am feeling run down I am having a day off "

Enjoy your weekend!

By *litheroevoyeurMan
over a year ago

Clitheroe

"Easy tiger

Lol people jumping on there high horse when they don't have a clue "

That's what fab forums are all about.

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I'm feeling really quite ill due to a flare up of a long term condition. It is affecting my mobility and I can't walk without severe pain today.

I've phoned work today to let them know (I work in a supermarket) and asked if they can arrange some lighter duties for me tomorrow. Just because i'm not able to do my normal role doesn't mean I can't do something else. I'm not going to feel any better if I call in sick, if anything I will feel worse because i'm sat at home feeling sorry for myself.

over a year ago

Why's that

Lol are you mad I have worked 12 hour days for 5 weeks if am feeling run down I am having a day off

Enjoy your weekend! "

I can't I am working

By *rcticFoxxxWoman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

Why's that

Lol are you mad I have worked 12 hour days for 5 weeks if am feeling run down I am having a day off "

Try 12-18 hour shifts for 7-9 days, sleeping in a tent for a few hours then trudging through shin deep mud

I love it actually, but that's just me.

Don't whinge!

By *rcticFoxxxWoman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

Why's that

Try 12-18 hour shifts for 7-9 days, sleeping in a tent for a few hours then trudging through shin deep mud

Don't whinge! "

Oh and repeat the above the following week...

By *inglehotchickWoman
over a year ago

blackpool

I usually take a days leave if I need a day off. Wouldn't dream of taking a day off sick or leave if I was feeling a little rundown or tired.

Boo hoo what a shame.

over a year ago

Why's that

Don't whinge! "

What do you bleeding do

over a year ago

"I usually take a days leave if I need a day off. Wouldn't dream of taking a day off sick or leave if I was feeling a little rundown or tired.

Boo hoo what a shame. "

over a year ago

There's some cheerful folk on here!

Op it sounds like you deserved a day of rest! Hope you had a relaxing day ready to face another weekend of working.

Mrs

over a year ago

"There's some cheerful folk on here!

Op it sounds like you deserved a day of rest! Hope you had a relaxing day ready to face another weekend of working.

Mrs "

It's been wonderful but I can't wait to be up and out for seven tomorrow morning

over a year ago

over a year ago

Is this competitive "never taken a sick day" day or something? I actually don't pull sickies because I only end up with more work to do when I go back, but if I'm feeling a bit run down or a bit shit then by far the best thing for me to do is go home early or take a day off. Otherwise I'm not performing well, might well affect other people's work and would be getting paid to not do a proper day's work.

over a year ago

Wish we had duvet days at our work or I did consider invoking menstrual days off, much to my male Directors embarrassment.

By *rcticFoxxxWoman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

Why's that

Don't whinge!

What do you bleeding do "

Festival work in the summer. My shifts are easy in the winter, 4 hours at a time

over a year ago

"Is this competitive "never taken a sick day" day or something? I actually don't pull sickies because I only end up with more work to do when I go back, but if I'm feeling a bit run down or a bit shit then by far the best thing for me to do is go home early or take a day off. Otherwise I'm not performing well, might well affect other people's work and would be getting paid to not do a proper day's work. "

I prefer people to be off when they're ill as otherwise everyone gets the cold or bug so it's counter productive anyway.

over a year ago

Why's that

Don't whinge!

What do you bleeding do

Festival work in the summer. My shifts are easy in the winter, 4 hours at a time "

Quality am sure it's hard work but must be fun

over a year ago

I do the rostering at work & people throwing sickies cause issues that can't be seen -it's absolutely infuriating- you have no idea the issues it cause in replacing your position to cover the work or the cost it cause gggrrrrrr ....

Post new Message to Thread