Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ghosts

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I do love a good ghost story or two, so tell me about your personal experiences =)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Dunno about ghosts but i once saw the scary apparition of Frock off at the Cannock social xx

over a year ago

"Dunno about ghosts but i once saw the scary apparition of Frock off at the Cannock social xx "

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Keep on topic please.

over a year ago

"Keep on topic please."

Ok sorry xx

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

[Removed by poster at 14/05/11 17:58:24]

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

one night i swore i saw the ghost of gloria gaynor stood at the foot of my bed ! at first i was afraid ,i was petrified ....

over a year ago

I was stopping in a really old farm house in Derry. The first night we were there. We'd all gone to bed and settling down to sleep. I heard a noise so turned over just to make sure nothing had fell over. Was greeted with a dark figure of a lady dressed in a cloak. She moved from the doorway across the room. Then just disappeard when she got to the middle of the room. Woke my then boyfriend cus i couldnt believe what id just seen. Plus was alittle scared. Never seen anything like that im my life. He said i must of imagined it. Took me ages to settle down i kept thinking everytime i closed my eyes it would be there again.

The next day we went site seeing. I cant recall whether it was in derry or not. But we came across a statue of a lady dressed in a cloak bent over. I told him that that was what/who i saw last night. He just laugh at me like i was bonkers. Maybe i am but i know what i saw that night!....

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Dont know about ghosts but plenty give me the willies

over a year ago

when i was in my teens, walked in through the front door and as i got ot the lounge door i saw my dads mate in teh room smiling , he spoke to me and asked me what sort of day i had........ i said a good one thank you, as i carried on walking and reached the kitchen door i froze as i realised he had passed away about 3 months prior!!! I was stuck to the spot, to this day i know i saw and spoke to him, he was as clear as the day is long, as i had no reason what so ever to have been thikning about him on that day.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive seen one ghost, i have one on going haunted experience that lasted the length of time i lived at the place and ive had two out of body experiences

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

"I do love a good ghost story or two, so tell me about your personal experiences =)"

I've had two experiences whilst working in Hotel management. One was in a hotel in S.E. London, a converted building, known then formerley as a Rowton House (i.e., where the tramps and rough sleepers used to stay). One room was adjacent to the Bar, used as a function room. One of the access doors would at might, open of its own accord, then shut again; you could hear the creak of thew hinges as it opened, even though there was no-one present. That room used to be the Morgue, where any resident who'd died, would be laid out and prepared for postmortem, before the undertakers would collect them. No matter how many heaters you put in that room, it was always cold!

The second was in a 16the Century hotel in Ipswich. I saw the resident ghost once; a headless man who'd walk through walls. We'd night time security at weekends; one guy had a guard dog with him at times; that dog cowered in fear at some times during the night, just before the ghost would move around!

over a year ago

"Dont know about ghosts but plenty give me the willies "

Err keep on topic please xx

Forum Mod

over a year ago

You want to work nights in a hospital,loads of ghost stories and very spooky,especially when patients ask who that was that just walked past and when you look theres no-one there,or when you look up because you hear footsteps and again no-one there!

over a year ago

i worked in a nursing home for 3 years, death was something ive become used too.. only experienced one ghost though. oddly me and 2 work mates her some children laughing and then saw a black cat on the end of a terminally ill client.. later that night she passed away.

ever since then we have heard clients saying 'tell the children to quiet down'

over a year ago

meant to say 'heard' not her.. god im stoopid lol

By *hiz2112Man
over a year ago

south wales and gloucestershire

when my mother was a child she said that she used to see a boy in her room at night and found out years later that a buy died in the house from polo ,so i do beleive there is some sort of afterlife!

By *heWolfMan
over a year ago

warwickshire

"when my mother was a child she said that she used to see a boy in her room at night and found out years later that a buy died in the house from polo ,so i do beleive there is some sort of afterlife!"

Not for him, he's trapped in the same house! Serves him right for eating all the Polos.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

we were walking home after a party and decided to take a shortcut through the cemetery just for laughs. Right in the middle of the cemetery we were startled by a tap-tap-tapping noise coming from the misty shadows. Trembling with fear, we found an old man with a hammer and chisel, chipping away at one of the headstones.

"Holy feck,mr", "You scared us half to death ... we thought you were a ghost! What are you doing working here so late at night?"

"Those fools," grumbled the old man, "misspelled my name...!"

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"when my mother was a child she said that she used to see a boy in her room at night and found out years later that a buy died in the house from polo ,so i do beleive there is some sort of afterlife!

Not for him, he's trapped in the same house! Serves him right for eating all the Polos."

but was it our original polo or the mint ones?

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

The house I currently live in is haunted. I believe by an older woman, my housemate thinks its a young girl.

Things get moved, you know you put the pen down, but turn your back and its gone. I now just ask her to put things back and she does. But not when you are looking!!!

I have a parrot, and when I'm in the bath he sits on the toilet (with the seat down), and chatters to himself. A little while a go, he stopped mid chatter, turned to face the door, which I'd left open, held his claw up, as if to step on your hand, and said Hello, in a clear voice. There was no one else in the house.

By *heWolfMan
over a year ago

warwickshire

My parents' house has some strange stuff going on too. I've never seen anything, but have lost stuff for 3 months, only to see it from the corner of my eye drop right beside me. That's unsettling!

I've heard people charging about, when there's no-one else home, banging doors etc, and when I shout for them to pack it in, they actually do stop.

My niece asked who the lady with grey hair is when she was a toddler...no-one had grey hair there at the time!

over a year ago

I'm happy for the ladies to come round to my house and see what goes bump in the night. They may even see some goolies and you never know what might pop up! They might even get covered in ectoplasm lol

over a year ago

Well ive heard things go bump in the night recently but it was only Fmuma fallin down the stairs xx

over a year ago

my nan used to say dont fear the dead they cant hurt you it the living that will do that ...

By *heWolfMan
over a year ago

warwickshire

Sorry to say, your nan was wrong. A really really proper fright can do you a whole lot of harm. (Not to mention the trauma of shitting your pants)

over a year ago

"Sorry to say, your nan was wrong. A really really proper fright can do you a whole lot of harm. (Not to mention the trauma of shitting your pants)"
lol but u will get over the fright and then clean up

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"Sorry to say, your nan was wrong. A really really proper fright can do you a whole lot of harm. (Not to mention the trauma of shitting your pants)"

hahaha, a splutter the voddy over the lappy moment.

(and soapy, I was pushed)

over a year ago

Ive never seen a ghost. I have spent the night in a haunted derelict mansion though.

Was a brilliant night, great laugh. Was one of those paranormal activity nights and we walked around certain parts of the mansion that werent too dangerous, by candlelight, held seances, went one by one into the cellar and stayed there for a minute each(that was terrifying, ghosts would have been welcome, I was more scared of the rats).

But, even after all the hilarity and the joking between myself and my two friends, we had to go outside in the grounds where they had erected a portaloo. There was only the 3 of us out there, and, and I know this is gonna sound completely stupid, but we all felt like we were being watched. It was probably paranoia, and we didnt see anything, but it felt very different out there. Each of us went to the loo, leaving the door open cos we were too frightened to close it, and rushed back to the others.

over a year ago

We were walking home along the promenade one quiet Autumn night with our dog at about 10pm.

We were just chatting when out of a hedge on our left appeared a glowing orb about the size of a football, travelling diagonally away from us about 2ft from the ground towards the beach wall.

I said "What the fucks that?" but Trace said she couldn't see anything.

However, I'm glad to say, our dog could see it because her ears were up and she was eager to be after it.

The orb made its way, at swift walking pace, towards the steps to the beach.

I set her after it and ran to look over the wall onto the beach with Trace.

Our dog was running up and down on the sand searching frantically for the orb but it had vanished.

If our dog hadn't seen it too I'd have doubted my sight! R

XX

over a year ago

My partner has had some wierd sightings in our house first sightin of a man sittin by our bedside right next to her he was an older man in a cloak he was there all night but gone by the mornin. The next sightin she saw this figure again but in our livingroom standin over her it had said somethin but she thought it was me but i was in the other room when she turned around again it was gone.

She has also seen a wee figure sittin on our sofa one night whilst sleepin in our livingroom this wee figure she thinks could be our little boy who had not long passed away , but shes not sure who the figure of the older man is .

Forum Mod

over a year ago

This thread is giving me the willies

over a year ago

"This thread is giving me the willies "

some peeps get all the luck tch

over a year ago

my ex once followed a ghost he saw in a graveyard, as he followed it moved faster and faster and he had a job to keep up with it (he'd been in't pub). .... to be continued

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Aawwww I want to hear the rest!

he fell down a manhole

over a year ago

well he followed the floaty glowing figure as fast as he could and it moved towards to the top wishing gate exit of the graveyard ............

over a year ago

When I was younger we used to stay in a caravan in Kendle somewhere. One night my brother told a ghost story about Red Cloggs and that if you say her 3 times at midnight then she comes to you that night. Or i think that was the story.

Anyway, my step brother and brother said red clogs 3 times thinking it was midnight. It wasn't it was just before 11 I think. I wasn't aware they'd done it cause I was already asleep.

Later that night I woke the whole caravan up. Aparantly I started low, calling for me mum getting louder and louder until I was screaming! When my mum came out she said I was huddled in the corner holding my legs against my chest rocking back and forth.

I didn't remember a thing the next morning!!! My mum said it was exactly midnight when it happened!

Whoooooooo,, Whoooooooooooooooooo

True story. I thought it was spooky at the time lol

over a year ago

ooops ....... so

.... As he passed through the wishing gate to leave the graveyard the ghostly figure turned once towards him and then moved away at incredible speed.

A sudden realisation came upon him that it was ...........

over a year ago

no such things as ghosts.

but there is such a thing as people on medication,alcohol or illegal drug which think they have seen things.

the same types of people who start these crazy theory stories on the internet about 9-11.

should be done with a cattle prod and locked up for a bit.

over a year ago

"no such things as ghosts.

but there is such a thing as people on medication,alcohol or illegal drug which think they have seen things.

the same types of people who start these crazy theory stories on the internet about 9-11.

should be done with a cattle prod and locked up for a bit. "

don't enourage em.

over a year ago

I was visiting my dad one time, and on the way up the stairs, i tripped over his little yorkshire Terrier. When I got to the top, my step mother was in the kitchen in tears, having just got back from the vets, where she had had him put to sleep.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Seen a few in gothicfilth's graveyard but then again they may have been funky's goats. At least they were smoking the grass instead of eating it, so I was too stoned to bother anyway....

Anyone got any biccies?

Post new Message to Thread