Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Christmas Decs watch

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

There's always a house that will whack em up straight after Guy Fawkes night, so have you spotted them yet, I'm talking in someone's house not public places like shops or hotel receptions.

So far I've spotted 2 on my way to work.

How many have you spotted and gone

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

Haven't spotted any round here

Bloody mental trimming is this early

Be glad when it's all over

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

None yet - the first around here usually pops up the last week of November, so not long!

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

I've seen a few

over a year ago

no comment

over a year ago

So far just the one

By *adyDangerWoman
over a year ago

land of debauchery and kink

"There's always a house that will whack em up straight after Guy Fawkes night, so have you spotted them yet, I'm talking in someone's house not public places like shops or hotel receptions.

How many have you spotted and gone "

Noooo OMG really I've seen one house by me setting them up. Liverpool town lights go on tonight x

over a year ago

There's one. They had them up during Halloween.

over a year ago

i take it the lazy beggars who leave lights pinned to the front of the house all year do not count?

over a year ago

"There's always a house that will whack em up straight after Guy Fawkes night, so have you spotted them yet, I'm talking in someone's house not public places like shops or hotel receptions.

Noooo OMG really I've seen one house by me setting them up. Liverpool town lights go on tonight x"

One on queens drive if you ever go down it, I like liverpools lights, won't see them till 10th December when I'm next in the city though

over a year ago

"i take it the lazy beggars who leave lights pinned to the front of the house all year do not count?"

Haha only if they've switched them on recently, we've a load of houses round here who do that, can't be bothered to take them down

By *adyDangerWoman
over a year ago

Noooo OMG really I've seen one house by me setting them up. Liverpool town lights go on tonight x

One on queens drive if you ever go down it, I like liverpools lights, won't see them till 10th December when I'm next in the city though"

Liverpool 1 lights and decorations are really good and they've got ice skating on again and winter wonderland x

over a year ago

Yep its started ....but i am ignoring it as it only the beginning of november

over a year ago

"no comment "

Bet yours is like Santas grotto

over a year ago

My tree is going up on Friday

over a year ago

"no comment

Bet yours is like Santas grotto"

not at all.. just a tree and around my tv unit.

the hallway over the next few weeks will become an arts and crafts gallery of xmas stuff that we make

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

"My tree is going up on Friday "

No!!

10th Dec here

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

My tree goes up around the 20th December

over a year ago

"My tree is going up on Friday "

woo hoo.. love it!

over a year ago

we put ours up on Easter Sunday

over a year ago

One on queens drive if you ever go down it, I like liverpools lights, won't see them till 10th December when I'm next in the city though

Liverpool 1 lights and decorations are really good and they've got ice skating on again and winter wonderland x"

Liverpool 1 lights are good, does outshine church street a bit, ours go up second Sunday of December, we go to delamere forrest to get ours, think the Griswalds in Christmas Vacation

over a year ago

Our local radio station was having a phone in to name and shame anyone with decorations up last week!

over a year ago

The town lights are up but not lit. Not seen anyone else with them up but heard a few people saying they had them up. We won't be having any Christmas decorations up this year

By *adyDangerWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool 1 lights and decorations are really good and they've got ice skating on again and winter wonderland x

Liverpool 1 lights are good, does outshine church street a bit, ours go up second Sunday of December, we go to delamere forrest to get ours, think the Griswalds in Christmas Vacation "

That's hilarious. I spent a fortune on my Xmas tree and decorations from taskers last year then when I moved house I seemed to have lost them , I feel like crying. Mine go up on my daughters birthday the 5th bit of a tradition x

over a year ago

I haven't seen any yet, and our trees and decs won't go up until the weekend of 10th Dec. However unlike friends who put theirs up in the next couple of weeks and take them down boxing day ours will stay up until the twelfth night.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Friend of mine posted a pic on FB of his neighbours' house fully decked out and lit up last Sunday.....mind you that's Stevenage for you!!

over a year ago

"Friend of mine posted a pic on FB of his neighbours' house fully decked out and lit up last Sunday.....mind you that's Stevenage for you!!"

There was a house over the road from ours that had their Xmas lights up this time last year, I've not seen them on yet this year though.

By *adyDangerWoman
over a year ago

"I haven't seen any yet, and our trees and decs won't go up until the weekend of 10th Dec. However unlike friends who put theirs up in the next couple of weeks and take them down boxing day ours will stay up until the twelfth night. "

Really annoys me that when people take them down day after Boxing Day yet put them up in November. I'm superstitious so mines the twelfth night too x

over a year ago

At least 3 so far

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

Stuff it mine is going up at the weekend

not really,hmmm or shall I

over a year ago

A family member of mine has them up already x

over a year ago

"I haven't seen any yet, and our trees and decs won't go up until the weekend of 10th Dec. However unlike friends who put theirs up in the next couple of weeks and take them down boxing day ours will stay up until the twelfth night.

Really annoys me that when people take them down day after Boxing Day yet put them up in November. I'm superstitious so mines the twelfth night too x"

I don't really get it, would rather wait and enjoy it over the new year too. Although I am usually itching to get it all down by the twelfth night.

over a year ago

yeah street near me.. been up since 29th October..thought they were Halloween decorations to start with.. now one on my road and one on the main road also been up since the weekend x

By *lceeWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Not yet...which is good. I'm putting mine up this weekend and I'll be pissed if someone beats me to it on my street!

By *callycatMan
over a year ago

Mid Wales

...premature illuminator here...

over a year ago

House round the corner from work has had them up and on before Halloween ??

Plus there rubbish which makes it worse

Post new Message to Thread