Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

When you're dead.......

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

........do you think you know you're dead?

Sorry if this sounds a bit deep.

I lost my dad at the beginning of the year, he was very philosophical and a mathematical genius. We often chatted about the reasons for our being here, our existence in the universe and all manner of profound stuff!

I miss him. And I just wondered if he knows he's not here anymore.

I know that physically we go back to dust again, but what about what was stored in the brain, the memory?

Nobody has ever, and never will, come back to tell us.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

"........do you think you know you're dead?

I lost my dad at the beginning of the year, he was very philosophical and a mathematical genius. We often chatted about the reasons for our being here, our existence in the universe and all manner of profound stuff!

I know that physically we go back to dust again, but what about what was stored in the brain, the memory?

Nobody has ever, and never will, come back to tell us. "

all i know is that some people keep their awareness intact after the body goes and some dont..lots of reasons i believe this, too long to explain here and lots of people get messages from loved ones. i cant tell you what to believe, but if interested you should go and see if you get a message from a spiritualist church or reputable medium and then you can go make up your own mind on the subject...i know several that have and have lived died and visited. ive had dreams of when people were going to go, to say they were going over.. and i have had people around who have witnessed these visits, with me too. death is a transition in energy, do you survive the transition intact. i feel thats to do with certain factors x

By *P1964Woman
over a year ago

gillingham

Sorry for your loss. It's a tricky question as no one really knows about the afterlife. I believe at times my parents are with me and they passed away in 2006/7. It's down to each individuals beliefs I suppose. Spiritual churches and mediums are good and I've attended these over the years and found some comfort from them.

over a year ago

Nobody has ever, and never will, come back to tell us. all i know is that some people keep their awareness intact after the body goes and some dont..lots of reasons i believe this, too long to explain here and lots of people get messages from loved ones. i cant tell you what to believe, but if interested you should go and see if you get a message from a spiritualist church or reputable medium and then you can go make up your own mind on the subject...i know several that have and have lived died and visited. ive had dreams of when people were going to go, to say they were going over.. and i have had people around who have witnessed these visits, with me too. death is a transition in energy, do you survive the transition intact. i feel thats to do with certain factors x"

Thank you Suzy, I shall bear this in mind.

I always remembered something from my school days.....' you cannot destroy energy, you merely change its form' xxx

over a year ago

Nobody has ever, and never will, come back to tell us.

Sorry for your loss. It's a tricky question as no one really knows about the afterlife. I believe at times my parents are with me and they passed away in 2006/7. It's down to each individuals beliefs I suppose. Spiritual churches and mediums are good and I've attended these over the years and found some comfort from them."

Thank you KP. I might do that, but they frighten me a bit. Frightened of unearthing my grief again I suppose. Xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hi OP, Just wanted to say, he is alive in your memory.

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

think about it oiled..you have your dads genes right..he made you so how can you be disconnected from him? i would say you were part of him x

and yes energy can only change, it can never be destroyed x

ive lost two people this year and frequently i feel them around, not when you would think but at odd moments out of the blue, when they were nowhere near my 'mind' i smile, cos i know they are aware, but i cant tell you how i know x

over a year ago

"think about it oiled..you have your dads genes right..he made you so how can you be disconnected from him? i would say you were part of him x

and yes energy can only change, it can never be destroyed x

ive lost two people this year and frequently i feel them around, not when you would think but at odd moments out of the blue, when they were nowhere near my 'mind' i smile, cos i know they are aware, but i cant tell you how i know x"

Well, like I've said, it's deep! And it does take some explaining! Xx

over a year ago

"Hi OP, Just wanted to say, he is alive in your memory."
Yes he is, very much so. Thank-you.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

First of all, I don't believe in religion etc. Atheist. I spent a lot of time with a close friend as she was dying. She agreed to come back to me if she could and let me know if she was still in some form. She passed in June. That Xmas I unpacked the tree and in the box was one card from the previous year. It was hers of course. I've always kept an open mind. I think you do have a valid point about changing energies.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

The spirit is eternal, but I never thought about the memory - I'm pretty sure that would all be included.

over a year ago

Some deep answers to a deep question!! Sorry to tax the old grey matter at this hour!

Yes I shall keep an open mind. X

By *ooking for bbwsCouple
over a year ago

secret garden chilling, always something to do in the garden

"Hi OP, Just wanted to say, he is alive in your memory."

U av memories of him like I av of my grandad it was back in April, an not felt him around in ages but just reading ur post reminded me! Also I no he is no longer in pain as it was a strugle for him... keep positive an if u need to plan to go back to either ur favriout place with him, an or something good an u will enjoy. Take care! Mrs

over a year ago

"Hi OP, Just wanted to say, he is alive in your memory.

U av memories of him like I av of my grandad it was back in April, an not felt him around in ages but just reading ur post reminded me! Also I no he is no longer in pain as it was a strugle for him... keep positive an if u need to plan to go back to either ur favriout place with him, an or something good an u will enjoy. Take care! Mrs "

Thank-you xxx

By *liciaKLWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

apparently we never really die but we live on in a different form....

Post new Message to Thread