Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Blue tits

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've just been in my bedroom getting dressed and could here a scratching noise outside which was a couple of blue Tits on the porch roof, but when looking round the garden there is about 10 of them just chilling in the garden. Nice cheary sight for a dull Sunday x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

How delightful.

Especially when I was expecting this to be a comment on how cold it is this morning, brrrrrr!

Mrs DDC

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Used to have them nest under my window when I lived at home, really nice to see them grow up and fly the nest.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

i see them in the tree outside the kitchen window...lovely distraction when im washing up!

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

They usually fly around in flocks during the colder weather. Don't forget to put sunflower seeds or nuts out for them.

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

"They usually fly around in flocks during the colder weather. Don't forget to put sunflower seeds or nuts out for them."
yes they form flocks with other tits which pretty well stay together during that season till people start feeding them, long tailed tits form their own flock be it in the auturm straight through to late winter thou some can nest in late feb early march if its warm enough these usually can get picked off by predators because they stand out to much.

By *atcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

"I've just been in my bedroom getting dressed and could here a scratching noise outside which was a couple of blue Tits on the porch roof, but when looking round the garden there is about 10 of them just chilling in the garden. Nice cheary sight for a dull Sunday x "

Yes a lovely sight. We had two goldfinch's in the garden yesterday and was great watching them so we know how you feel

Post new Message to Thread