Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Question...

Jump to newest

By *rcticFoxxx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

"would you like any help packing?" In the supermarket...

Does it offend you when someone asks this?

Do you appreciate the offer or feel like they think you NEED help for some reason?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

When you've only got one item

over a year ago

No I assume it's a standard question they're supposed to ask everyone.

over a year ago

Hereabouts

"No I assume it's a standard question they're supposed to ask everyone."

It is it's the older men who get pissy with me when I offer...

over a year ago

""would you like any help packing?" In the supermarket...

Do you appreciate the offer or feel like they think you NEED help for some reason?"

It doesn't offend me but I insist on doing my own packing. I'm a good packer and do it according to recieving kitchen cupboard

over a year ago

I like a bit of help now and then if they're not too busy

over a year ago

Which is why they're being replaced by machines.

over a year ago

I'm still trying to figure out how anyone (other than those who actively seek to be offended) could actually be offended by this

I've always wondered so they call for someone to help with the packing or does the cashier do it?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Offend??? They ask you it as part of the course or they do where i live. Never gave it a thought

over a year ago

Hereabouts

"When you've only got one item "

I actually did do this today... Picked up the shopping bag to scan it as I was asking the question and then saw one item and the next customer sign thing... Felt like a tit!

over a year ago

Most of the times I say no but sometimes I have actually needed help and appreciated the offer. I think it's a nice thing.

I remember when you had to ask them to help and they would call someone to do it for you. At least they just do it themselves now.

over a year ago

I don't think it's offensive, I just thing it shows they've taken no notice of me and that I can more than likely pack my chewing gum all by myself.

over a year ago

Hereabouts

Do you appreciate the offer or feel like they think you NEED help for some reason?

It doesn't offend me but I insist on doing my own packing. I'm a good packer and do it according to recieving kitchen cupboard "

I pack logically for my customers. Bread and cakes and soft things in one bag, few cans and some lighter things on top in another, etc etc.

I used to pack my own based on the cupboards but I don't do the shopping anymore

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

They never pack it properly.

It's a standard "customer care" question, if you have your crutches then they might be even more likely to ask.

I used to take it as a challenge that I could pack faster than they could scan.

Mr ddc

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I say "Just a cheeseburger please"

They reply "Would you like fries with that"

By *huckzMan
over a year ago

spalding

It doesn't offend me but I insist on doing my own packing. I'm a good packer and do it according to recieving kitchen cupboard "

ditto

over a year ago

Hereabouts

"No I assume it's a standard question they're supposed to ask everyone.

Which is why they're being replaced by machines."

You'd be surprised actually. Tonight I was the only person on a till, and I had 5 people queuing for me when there were a few self service scanners free by the doors.. People who aren't in a massive rush like to see people rather than machines that never actually do what you want them to do

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

It was always greatly appreciated when I had the guide dog with me.

Now it's just nice to be asked even if it I'd a standard question.

over a year ago

Hereabouts

"I'm still trying to figure out how anyone (other than those who actively seek to be offended) could actually be offended by this

I've always wondered so they call for someone to help with the packing or does the cashier do it? "

Cashier does it takes a bit longer but it's not massively difficult

over a year ago

It is it's the older men who get pissy with me when I offer... "

I've massively offended an elderly man before by offering him my seat on the bus. They can be very proud.

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

We scan and pack as we go along so no need for the question.

over a year ago

It's a standard courteous question. I'm am however very offended by the self service machines and being asked if I want to use them. No I really don't!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Ditto. I don't like my bags to be mixed up. Plus, my four shopping bags are different shapes and sizes and I use them for different types of shopping. I don't want my fridge stuff ending up in the cleaning products bag.

By *huckzMan
over a year ago

spalding

Nowadays its cubs or girl guides offering to help for money no problem with that but I give to charities I want to not when its forced upon me ...every morrisons doorway has either greyhound collectors girl guides etcand im still paying for the poor donkey I saw on tv lol

over a year ago

Hereabouts

"Most of the times I say no but sometimes I have actually needed help and appreciated the offer. I think it's a nice thing.

I remember when you had to ask them to help and they would call someone to do it for you. At least they just do it themselves now. "

Mostly its the older folk that say yes to help, or those who have sore arms or hands for whatever reason (people share a lot!), but today a guy in his 30s said yeah just because it was easier for him.. I ask everyone as standard (unless there's like 4 of them or something, or if they start packing really quickly)

By *aughtyLondonGuyMan
over a year ago

london

I had a fb that was obsessed with self scanning......even when we were fucking she would say "unexpected item in the bagging area"

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

You'd be surprised actually. Tonight I was the only person on a till, and I had 5 people queuing for me when there were a few self service scanners free by the doors.. People who aren't in a massive rush like to see people rather than machines that never actually do what you want them to do "

They haven't got patience. That's why they won't use them... it's always 'it won't work' instead of... reading the screen for a step by step guide. I mean cmon, the thing speaks to them

over a year ago

Hereabouts

"They never pack it properly.

It's a standard "customer care" question, if you have your crutches then they might be even more likely to ask.

Mr ddc"

Drives me mad when people do that... Especially when they've got bloody carrots and bananas and rolls! Ive gotta find them all on the screen

over a year ago

You'd be surprised actually. Tonight I was the only person on a till, and I had 5 people queuing for me when there were a few self service scanners free by the doors.. People who aren't in a massive rush like to see people rather than machines that never actually do what you want them to do "

May just be where you are, I've been working in Brentwood and there are people that would queue for the self service machine and not got to the staffed checkout.

Suited me as I'm one of those that happily go to where the queue is shortlist

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

I rarely use the self service machines as I want to keep people in jobs.

Is the job working out for you?

over a year ago

I hate the machines. But the reality is that customer service is largely so shit in this country now that it's no difference.

Given the choice of a helpful, friendly human I'd take it every time. But they're few & far between in supermarkets.

over a year ago

Hereabouts

I've massively offended an elderly man before by offering him my seat on the bus. They can be very proud. "

I think it's worth risking pissing off a few to make sure people who need help, and may not look like they do, get help.

Oh and I apologise for sounding like a deep and meaningful customer service assistant tonight... I'm off my tits on codeine again

over a year ago

I've massively offended an elderly man before by offering him my seat on the bus. They can be very proud.

I think it's worth risking pissing off a few to make sure people who need help, and may not look like they do, get help.

Oh and I apologise for sounding like a deep and meaningful customer service assistant tonight... I'm off my tits on codeine again "

Definitely. And you're consistent in asking everyone, so even if they get pissy they really really shouldn't.

over a year ago

Hereabouts

"It was always greatly appreciated when I had the guide dog with me.

Now it's just nice to be asked even if it I'd a standard question."

One lady really appreciated that I asked her. She said "oh, nobody's ever offered to help me before, thank you but I'm ok". She was in a nurses uniform, and looked pretty fit and healthy, so she didn't really look as though she needed help

over a year ago

Hereabouts

It doesn't offend me but I insist on doing my own packing. I'm a good packer and do it according to recieving kitchen cupboard

Ditto. I don't like my bags to be mixed up. Plus, my four shopping bags are different shapes and sizes and I use them for different types of shopping. I don't want my fridge stuff ending up in the cleaning products bag.

"

I like you more and more every day

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

Mr ddc

Drives me mad when people do that... Especially when they've got bloody carrots and bananas and rolls! Ive gotta find them all on the screen "

That's why I always put all the veg together at the end of the conveyor, the checkout person thinks they're winning, then it's all tortoise & hare at the end

(I was slow-typing, so didn't see you were the person asking the question rather than being asked before I'd posted originally )

over a year ago

Each time I'm offered, especially when there's only a few items, I have to stop myself saying yes just for devilment.

over a year ago

Feel uncomfortable when local scouts,schools,charity etc have a fund raising drive...and are stood at the end of the till conveyor belt like vultures,and have been instructed to politely ask if i wish them to help with bag packing...

Feel as though i am obliged to hand over cash,although they dont take debit/credit cards,id much rather put some pocket change in a collecting tin with them stood by the exit

over a year ago

Hereabouts

You'd be surprised actually. Tonight I was the only person on a till, and I had 5 people queuing for me when there were a few self service scanners free by the doors.. People who aren't in a massive rush like to see people rather than machines that never actually do what you want them to do

I rarely use the self service machines as I want to keep people in jobs.

"

Yeah I like it being forced to smile all day makes my leg hurt a little bit less I'm assuming its endorphins.

Some really nice customers in there too. Had a chat with a family today, the dad and eldest daughter both loved Harry Potter and she's having a HP themed party. We were discussing our favourite characters and stuff

And loads of people keep commenting on my new tattoo. A bumblebee on my forearm.

I actually think I'm alright at this job too, and as boring as it sounds, I'm enjoying it x

over a year ago

Have to ask them. Think it's policy so we can get them through the checkout quicker so the wait time isn't as long for everyone else

over a year ago

Hereabouts

I hate the machines. But the reality is that customer service is largely so shit in this country now that it's no difference.

Given the choice of a helpful, friendly human I'd take it every time. But they're few & far between in supermarkets."

Come to me then! I'm lovely we can discuss the weather and the fireworks and how lovely your coat or hat is. And I'll say "ooh isn't that beautiful" if you buy an ornament or something. I'm a delight

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"Ditto. I don't like my bags to be mixed up. Plus, my four shopping bags are different shapes and sizes and I use them for different types of shopping. I don't want my fridge stuff ending up in the cleaning products bag.

"

Do you put it on the conveyor in discrete sections related to your bags?

Mrs ddc loves to mess up my system by deliberately putting a packet with the tins.

I swear the checkout person also deliberately reaches over stuff to scan things in the "wrong" order too sometimes

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"

Yeah I like it being forced to smile all day makes my leg hurt a little bit less I'm assuming its endorphins.

Some really nice customers in there too. Had a chat with a family today, the dad and eldest daughter both loved Harry Potter and she's having a HP themed party. We were discussing our favourite characters and stuff

And loads of people keep commenting on my new tattoo. A bumblebee on my forearm.

I actually think I'm alright at this job too, and as boring as it sounds, I'm enjoying it x"

Smile therapy and interacting with people is good for you. Only boring people get bored.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Ditto. I don't like my bags to be mixed up. Plus, my four shopping bags are different shapes and sizes and I use them for different types of shopping. I don't want my fridge stuff ending up in the cleaning products bag.

Mrs ddc loves to mess up my system by deliberately putting a packet with the tins.

I swear the checkout person also deliberately reaches over stuff to scan things in the "wrong" order too sometimes

"

of course I put them on the conveyor belt in bag packing order! I'm deeply offended that you even had to question that. Fruit and veg last as I don't want them squashed.

over a year ago

Hereabouts

Mr ddc

Drives me mad when people do that... Especially when they've got bloody carrots and bananas and rolls! Ive gotta find them all on the screen

That's why I always put all the veg together at the end of the conveyor, the checkout person thinks they're winning, then it's all tortoise & hare at the end

(I was slow-typing, so didn't see you were the person asking the question rather than being asked before I'd posted originally )"

Ooh you're evil!

I'm still learning where everything is but if you've got carrots, leeks, parsnips, onions, lemons, limes or bread rolls from the selection bit then you're fucked! I'm speedy!

I'll PM you with some tips

over a year ago

Given the choice of a helpful, friendly human I'd take it every time. But they're few & far between in supermarkets.

Come to me then! I'm lovely we can discuss the weather and the fireworks and how lovely your coat or hat is. And I'll say "ooh isn't that beautiful" if you buy an ornament or something. I'm a delight "

I'll look out for your name badge

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

Our supermarket sometimes has people packing for charity. I put a quid in the bucket for the stunning young lady who so expertly handled my coconuts and banana.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

of course I put them on the conveyor belt in bag packing order! I'm deeply offended that you even had to question that. Fruit and veg last as I don't want them squashed.

"

(I'm going to show Mrs ddc this post so she knows it's not just me)

over a year ago

Hereabouts

Come to me then! I'm lovely we can discuss the weather and the fireworks and how lovely your coat or hat is. And I'll say "ooh isn't that beautiful" if you buy an ornament or something. I'm a delight

I'll look out for your name badge "

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

if we didnt get asked the question for help packing the bags many would moan about it

sometimes I like to pack my own in the bags as I never over weigh them, however sometimes the shops over pack them and bags being split open through this dosnt help.

but on other times I have appreciated the help in packing the bags and said thankyou for it.

By *orwegian BlueMan
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

If having someone pack your shopping pisses you off, go to Aldis..

No time for packing there, they just throw your shopping at you...

over a year ago

I always say no thanks but I feel like the cashiers take it as a slight and start chucking my shit down really fast to try and beat the rate I'm packing!

over a year ago

It is it's the older men who get pissy with me when I offer... "

Been there myself at one time! Haha. Have to ask all the questions, just in case its the Mystery Shopper!

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"It doesn't offend me but I insist on doing my own packing. I'm a good packer and do it according to recieving kitchen cupboard "

OMG I might you

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

They always used to pack then used to ask and some don't bother asking these days. I prefer to do it myself anyway.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

Mr ddc

(I was slow-typing, so didn't see you were the person asking the question rather than being asked before I'd posted originally )

Ooh you're evil!

I'm still learning where everything is but if you've got carrots, leeks, parsnips, onions, lemons, limes or bread rolls from the selection bit then you're fucked! I'm speedy!

I'll PM you with some tips "

I used to be even better: I used to have the exact change ready before they rang up the total too.

Now I have my minion to deal with the 'paperwork'

over a year ago

"I always say no thanks but I feel like the cashiers take it as a slight and start chucking my shit down really fast to try and beat the rate I'm packing! "

No, most are relived. The majority of the ones who I'm friends with who still work there, only ask out of duty, and are relived when the customer says no

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Funnily enough I've always said no thanks but now I'm not able to walk properly no one has asked and they've just watched me struggle.

I can't stand and not hold on to something so it's all done with one hand.

Thankfully I'll be fixed after my op

over a year ago

Hereabouts

"If having someone pack your shopping pisses you off, go to Aldis..

No time for packing there, they just throw your shopping at you..."

over a year ago

Hereabouts

"I always say no thanks but I feel like the cashiers take it as a slight and start chucking my shit down really fast to try and beat the rate I'm packing! "

That's mean! I only do it quickly if they start packing really quickly.

I hate it when they try to take the things out of my hand instead of letting me put it down. I like to be one or two items ahead of the customer in case I get to a difficult item or something..

over a year ago

Hereabouts

Been there myself at one time! Haha. Have to ask all the questions, just in case its the Mystery Shopper! "

The mystery shopper terrifies me! I've only been there a week and I'm so glad there's reminders on the screen for things like "have you got your [loyalty card]?"... And everywhere in the staff area theres stickers saying "check your appearance" and "have you got your name badge? We could lose up to 10 mcm points if you don't have your name badge!!"

The mystery shopper is like the monster under the bed

over a year ago

Hereabouts

Mr ddc

Ooh you're evil!

I'll PM you with some tips

I used to be even better: I used to have the exact change ready before they rang up the total too.

Now I have my minion to deal with the 'paperwork'

"

Makes me chuckle how many people make comments like "nah I have him to do it for me", or when I ask do you have a bag, the guys say "no thanks I've got one" and point to their Mrs...

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Been there myself at one time! Haha. Have to ask all the questions, just in case its the Mystery Shopper!

The mystery shopper terrifies me! I've only been there a week and I'm so glad there's reminders on the screen for things like "have you got your [loyalty card]?"... And everywhere in the staff area theres stickers saying "check your appearance" and "have you got your name badge? We could lose up to 10 mcm points if you don't have your name badge!!"

The mystery shopper is like the monster under the bed "

I've trained people to be mystery shoppers. They're not supposed to be scary.

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

Given the choice of a helpful, friendly human I'd take it every time. But they're few & far between in supermarkets."

Occasionally if there is a bit of space on self service I,ll opt for it what gets my goat is people who are more familiar with the self service if they are in the que behind you 9 times out of ten they will have no patience and can,t resist muttering and moaning in the background much to my displeasure their not there one minute and there the next one of the things that puts me off the self service I wish it was thee other way round And I could moan Instead ...

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

"Feel uncomfortable when local scouts,schools,charity etc have a fund raising drive...and are stood at the end of the till conveyor belt like vultures,and have been instructed to politely ask if i wish them to help with bag packing...

Feel as though i am obliged to hand over cash,although they dont take debit/credit cards,id much rather put some pocket change in a collecting tin with them stood by the exit"

over a year ago

This does not offend me in any way -

is an offer of help why would someone be offended .......

and any man who says I have a bag with me and indicators his wife or partner ..... - she needs to venture elsewhere ....like FABs

over a year ago

Hereabouts

"

I'm sure the actual mystery shopper is a lovely person, or at least just like any other customer... But the fear being drilled into us (ok, it's not quite that horrific )... Management want perfect scores on the mystery shopper thing.

I'm a nice person, customer service isn't a heck of a lot more than being nice really, so I'm not all that worried about complaints or anything.

Although saying that, I didn't have any produce bags.. a woman asked for one for her meat and then got all like "well that's just not good enough. You'll have to ask your supervisor for some then won't you?" When I said I could call for some now, she tutted and rolled her eyes at me and said no...

over a year ago

"

It's not the mystery shopper who's scary. More the way the management drills it into you that you have to get perfect scores. If you fail two, we used to get a disiplinary, with the customer service and peoples manager both present to reprimand us. Luckily I never had to endure that, but I know some who got really anxious about the possibility of the mystery shopper turning up at their till. Even though they were friendly and chatty to the customers, some forgot to say something they should have.

over a year ago

Hereabouts

Given the choice of a helpful, friendly human I'd take it every time. But they're few & far between in supermarkets.Occasionally if there is a bit of space on self service I,ll opt for it what gets my goat is people who are more familiar with the self service if they are in the que behind you 9 times out of ten they will have no patience and can,t resist muttering and moaning in the background much to my displeasure their not there one minute and there the next one of the things that puts me off the self service I wish it was thee other way round And I could moan Instead ... "

Just go to people instead

over a year ago

Hereabouts

" This does not offend me in any way -

is an offer of help why would someone be offended .......

and any man who says I have a bag with me and indicators his wife or partner ..... - she needs to venture elsewhere ....like FABs "

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

It's not the mystery shopper who's scary. More the way the management drills it into you that you have to get perfect scores. If you fail two, we used to get a disiplinary, with the customer service and peoples manager both present to reprimand us. Luckily I never had to endure that, but I know some who got really anxious about the possibility of the mystery shopper turning up at their till. Even though they were friendly and chatty to the customers, some forgot to say something they should have. "

Hmmm, management need some training then.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

I'm sure the actual mystery shopper is a lovely person, or at least just like any other customer... But the fear being drilled into us (ok, it's not quite that horrific )... Management want perfect scores on the mystery shopper thing.

I'm a nice person, customer service isn't a heck of a lot more than being nice really, so I'm not all that worried about complaints or anything.

Although saying that, I didn't have any produce bags.. a woman asked for one for her meat and then got all like "well that's just not good enough. You'll have to ask your supervisor for some then won't you?" When I said I could call for some now, she tutted and rolled her eyes at me and said no... "

Check your station... and keep being polite and helpful.

over a year ago

Hereabouts

Although saying that, I didn't have any produce bags.. a woman asked for one for her meat and then got all like "well that's just not good enough. You'll have to ask your supervisor for some then won't you?" When I said I could call for some now, she tutted and rolled her eyes at me and said no...

Check your station... and keep being polite and helpful.

"

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Do you appreciate the offer or feel like they think you NEED help for some reason?"

Think it's a customer service question they have to ask. I was in banking and we had to ask stupid inappropriate questions too

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

Given the choice of a helpful, friendly human I'd take it every time. But they're few & far between in supermarkets.Occasionally if there is a bit of space on self service I,ll opt for it what gets my goat is people who are more familiar with the self service if they are in the que behind you 9 times out of ten they will have no patience and can,t resist muttering and moaning in the background much to my displeasure their not there one minute and there the next one of the things that puts me off the self service I wish it was thee other way round And I could moan Instead ...

Just go to people instead "

I normally do

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

"

Makes me chuckle how many people make comments like "nah I have him to do it for me", or when I ask do you have a bag, the guys say "no thanks I've got one" and point to their Mrs... "

oh ive used that many a time ive also done it whilst being with the daughter

ive also had a few slaps for it and plenty of digs for it

I like the cashier when they have a bit of light hearted fun and give some back when your teasing them

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"If having someone pack your shopping pisses you off, go to Aldis..

No time for packing there, they just throw your shopping at you..."

Absolutely

By *lan157Man
over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

If you are wanting to be particularly obtuse in answer to the question "do you want help with the packing " you could say "no thank you but would you like help with the till ? "

over a year ago

Appreciate the offer don't know how people can take offense to this.

over a year ago

Hereabouts

Bump

over a year ago

I think it's helpful and at times when my children were younger or when I've been very rushed I've really appreciated their help

Kinky

over a year ago

I take it on the chin... although when I say no and then start packing it's race on to pack before they ask for my card lol

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

"I had a fb that was obsessed with self scanning......even when we were fucking she would say "unexpected item in the bagging area" "

over a year ago

I'm not offended by it, I've only taken them up on the offer once and that was when my two year old was having a meltdown. OP, you seem like you really care about customer service so I wouldn't worry about mystery shoppers, like I tell all my team, if you treat all the customers as though they were mystery customers then you won't go wrong.

over a year ago

It certainly does not offend me, I only accept help when it's a charity type or local group trying to raise funds , I'm a bit of a big soft twat like that, always pay cash for shopping and always put whatever the change is in collection bin.

I would only use self serve if really in a rush as I enjoy the interaction with staff, love the surprise looks they give when you really engage with them , I think it's really sad that people generally don't seem to have conversations anymore.

over a year ago

Hereabouts

"I'm not offended by it, I've only taken them up on the offer once and that was when my two year old was having a meltdown. OP, you seem like you really care about customer service so I wouldn't worry about mystery shoppers, like I tell all my team, if you treat all the customers as though they were mystery customers then you won't go wrong."

That's what I try to do

over a year ago

Hereabouts

"It certainly does not offend me, I only accept help when it's a charity type or local group trying to raise funds , I'm a bit of a big soft twat like that, always pay cash for shopping and always put whatever the change is in collection bin.

I would only use self serve if really in a rush as I enjoy the interaction with staff, love the surprise looks they give when you really engage with them , I think it's really sad that people generally don't seem to have conversations anymore.

"

I love it when my customers chat to me. One lady was really happy and I commented on how lovely her smile was and she cried a little bit and said she had just got the all clear on suspected ovarian cancer! A complete stranger told me something so deep and personal, it's lovely that people find me approachable enough to share things like that.

And I'm working on the grumpy people... I'll soften them up eventually

over a year ago

It's the best way. Ive been in sales and retail management for years and despise crap customer service.

over a year ago

"It certainly does not offend me, I only accept help when it's a charity type or local group trying to raise funds , I'm a bit of a big soft twat like that, always pay cash for shopping and always put whatever the change is in collection bin.

I love it when my customers chat to me. One lady was really happy and I commented on how lovely her smile was and she cried a little bit and said she had just got the all clear on suspected ovarian cancer! A complete stranger told me something so deep and personal, it's lovely that people find me approachable enough to share things like that.

And I'm working on the grumpy people... I'll soften them up eventually "

Sums it up really

Keep up the good work fellow human

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

And I'm working on the grumpy people... I'll soften them up eventually "

I agree with this. For me the best part of the job is actually talking to the customers

over a year ago

or when you pack their shopping "wrong"..they hate that aswell lol

over a year ago

Hereabouts

And I'm working on the grumpy people... I'll soften them up eventually

I agree with this. For me the best part of the job is actually talking to the customers "

For somebody who hates people, I love most of the customers. They've all got a different story to tell, and they usually buy something I can start a conversation about, or say " ooh that's nice"

There was one oldish man who was so lovely, when I gave him his change, it was a new £5 note, and it was an AA serial number. I told him to have a look online for the new fivers with AA serial numbers. He said his grandson had mentioned that and he will have a look.. My good deed for the day

Post new Message to Thread