Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

selling clothes online, Q, rec.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

hi, sick of googling about this now, been doing so for a few weeks.

I'm selling clothes on ebay, doing quite well until you consider the charges taken by ebay and paypal and the postage costs.

anyway, wondering of there's any sites i can use that are better and where i won't get ripped off, or have some protection if i do.

not keen on craigslist, checked it out a few times and idk why but i just don't like it. can't find any local selling pages near me on facebook.

i'm mostly selling wet look, spandex, and basques, but also more conventional items of womens clothing too. if that helps with suggestions.

pretty sure you can mention sites that aren't swinger/sex sites on here else i wouldn't have posted this topic. like don't post a link, just the name of it and why you think it's good for me to use, thanks.

thanks for any tips/help already.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

You could stick with eBay and only sell when they do special deals on charges. Using PayPal does offer you some protection, as does using any method of tracked mail.

Postage charges shouldn't be a problem as the buyer pays anyway.

You could try Etsy but I have no idea what the costs are, or how easy it is to use.

Nita

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

fb - look up --- buy,sell, swap sites and add the name of your area- town - ive bought and sold stuff - just have to arrange pick up but cos its local never an issue i find - need a photo thats all - much easier than ebay

By *ong legs n LingeireWoman
over a year ago

it up to me neck. :-)

Try shpock. You post your pic and your price and if sold buyer collects.

over a year ago

"You could stick with eBay and only sell when they do special deals on charges. Using PayPal does offer you some protection, as does using any method of tracked mail.

You could try Etsy but I have no idea what the costs are, or how easy it is to use.

Nita"

right now it is free listing and you only pay if you sell the item, so i'm listing everything i can lol. i did have 75% off final fees activated but that seems to have disappeared within a day, wtf ebay.

yeah i do like the paypal protection as a buyer. as a seller i don't really have any protection if the buyer ever wants their money back, kind of sucky.

etsy is expensive, think it's dearer than ebay. thanks anyway. am gonna stick with ebay if i don't find anything else. at least i'm making something even if it's only as little as 50p.

over a year ago

Have you looked in to getting registered as a store on ebay? Might work out cheaper if you sell a bit more.

Amazon would be a mainstream option but their fees can be high though I'm not certain they are worse than ebay

over a year ago

"Try shpock. You post your pic and your price and if sold buyer collects. "

i like the look of this site, is it free to sell?

over a year ago

"Try shpock. You post your pic and your price and if sold buyer collects.

i like the look of this site, is it free to sell?"

Yes it is.

over a year ago

"Have you looked in to getting registered as a store on ebay? Might work out cheaper if you sell a bit more.

Amazon would be a mainstream option but their fees can be high though I'm not certain they are worse than ebay"

i sell about 4 to 8 items a week, am just having a clear out of my house really but got a lot of new and used vgc stuff. it's not worth that much but i know without fees i'd be making loads more.

like today i've made over £20 with sales but after all my fees and costs i've really only made about £6.

doubt it's worth becoming a store really (even less seller protection), i don't even have 100 items to get rid of altogether.

over a year ago

Yes it is. "

thanks for your help, gonna try this one.

over a year ago

Yes it is.

thanks for your help, gonna try this one. "

Try the mobile app. I've bought and sold a few things on there. X

over a year ago

"fb - look up --- buy,sell, swap sites and add the name of your area- town - ive bought and sold stuff - just have to arrange pick up but cos its local never an issue i find - need a photo thats all - much easier than ebay"

kind of embarrassed to be selling my items locally via facebook, i have some sexy stuff lol. but thanks for your suggestion anyway, i found more sites by adding swap to my search.

might give it a go if scplock doesn't get rid of anything for me.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/11/16 22:36:26]

over a year ago

Yes it is.

thanks for your help, gonna try this one.

Try the mobile app. I've bought and sold a few things on there. X"

will do. it's easier to get my pics onto the site if using phone apps as i take them with my phone.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"You could stick with eBay and only sell when they do special deals on charges. Using PayPal does offer you some protection, as does using any method of tracked mail.

Nita

right now it is free listing and you only pay if you sell the item, so i'm listing everything i can lol. i did have 75% off final fees activated but that seems to have disappeared within a day, wtf ebay.

yeah i do like the paypal protection as a buyer. as a seller i don't really have any protection if the buyer ever wants their money back, kind of sucky.

etsy is expensive, think it's dearer than ebay. thanks anyway. am gonna stick with ebay if i don't find anything else. at least i'm making something even if it's only as little as 50p."

To be honest, I've been using eBay for years and have had only a handful not happy and want a refund on return. Just make sure you use detailed listings with loads of photos, tracked mail stops the fake 'it never arrived crowd'.

A lot of the offers are very limited sadly

Schpok, or whatever it's called, is only for people close enough to collect I think.

Nita

over a year ago

Nita

etsy is expensive, think it's dearer than ebay. thanks anyway. am gonna stick with ebay if i don't find anything else. at least i'm making something even if it's only as little as 50p.

To be honest, I've been using eBay for years and have had only a handful not happy and want a refund on return. Just make sure you use detailed listings with loads of photos, tracked mail stops the fake 'it never arrived crowd'.

A lot of the offers are very limited sadly

Schpok, or whatever it's called, is only for people close enough to collect I think.

Nita"

it's ok. i looked at who is selling near me on splock and it gave me an idea of the type of people using that site near me. i think my adult items will sell on there if people like them. if not i'll try facebook, might try both at once actually and see how that goes. like sell my normal stuff on facebook and my sexier items on splock.

will go back to ebay if i have to, but would rather not. luckily all my customers so far have been genuine and not tried to rip me off and i've got good feedback too so know they won't be unhappy some time later.

but yeah i'm annoyed that 75% off thing went already, i hadn't even listed anything.

Post new Message to Thread