Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Dilemna

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Went to the cinema y.day with a friend who had a little bit to drink before the film.she had paid for tickets and I paid for food.she had booked premier tickets but when we got into the film there was a couple sitting in the seats allocated to us which she paid more for.there were plenty other seats but out of principle she said u are actually in our seats.the guy got quite defensive and a bit rude and told her just to sit anywhere so to save drama I tried to sit nearby but she didn't want to let it go and got security.they told them to move seats and then we sat in the correct seats.they then moved behind us.we left half way through the film and she got her money back it was kind of boring anyway.she then tried to say management didn't do enough for our safety.I just don't know what to think and have fallen out with them over difference of opinion now.I would of handled things differently.maybe the fact she was piddled didn't help.lol?isit causing drama unnecessarily or even though she was d*unk had a valid point :/???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have asked people to move when I have booked specific seats.

Sounds like she maybe went about it badly-which could be the booze, or her personality. Which do you think it is, and why does it matter?

over a year ago

If you've paid extra for Premium seats and others have taken them I can understand why she'd want them to move.

But if her personality and style in handling the situation isn't to your liking then you have to make a decision if it was likely to be a one off or a sign of things to come.

I'm not sure if it's just a friend or a "friend" (inverted commas). If it's a long term genuine friend is it really worth undoing all you have built up over one petty incident? We're all allowed an off day every now and then aren't we?

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

I don't like to cause a scene, so when this happened to us, & they refused to move, we just sat nearby. Then when the film started, the people whose seat we were in came in, and it all got a bit complicated. (although I just let the 2nd couple deal with the first )

So now I insist, and calmly explained why.

Mr ddc

over a year ago

"I have asked people to move when I have booked specific seats.

Sounds like she maybe went about it badly-which could be the booze, or her personality. Which do you think it is, and why does it matter?"

That's fair enough but the cinema was basically empty was loads of seats free,I think she done it just to prove a point.I dunno just feeling shit about it today and don't like falling out with people and try to see the best in people but that kind of behaviour will attract unnecessary drama.:/ I have been blocked on whatsapp but kept on facebook strange lol

over a year ago

"I don't like to cause a scene, so when this happened to us, & they refused to move, we just sat nearby. Then when the film started, the people whose seat we were in came in, and it all got a bit complicated. (although I just let the 2nd couple deal with the first )

Mr ddc "

This was my thoughts exactly when the guy was getting slightly annoyed about the situation and I was trying to sit elsewhere she did for all of a minute then she said nope I'm not having this lol

over a year ago

"If you've paid extra for Premium seats and others have taken them I can understand why she'd want them to move.

But if her personality and style in handling the situation isn't to your liking then you have to make a decision if it was likely to be a one off or a sign of things to come.

I'm not sure if it's just a friend or a "friend" (inverted commas). If it's a long term genuine friend is it really worth undoing all you have built up over one petty incident? We're all allowed an off day every now and then aren't we?"

This was an old flame but dated years back and wouldn't see her like that now just purely friendship.she used to be wild and like a drink and can be argumentative but thought she had turned a corner.my instincts r telling me just to leave her to it. :/

over a year ago

"I don't like to cause a scene, so when this happened to us, & they refused to move, we just sat nearby. Then when the film started, the people whose seat we were in came in, and it all got a bit complicated. (although I just let the 2nd couple deal with the first )

Mr ddc "

I had exactly that when our cinema was upgraded last year - it used to be sit anywhere but then became allocated seats. We were told at first to sit anywhere and found our seats taken. So we sat elsewhere until they came in wanting their seats and a whole merry go round kicked off

Now, like you, we sit in the seats we've paid for right from the start!

over a year ago

What film did you go to see? Perhaps she was just getting into the spirit of things, being dramatic & all

By *ack Genuine BullMan
over a year ago

Loughborough

Her trying to deal directly with the people sitting in the booked seats was a mistake.

She should have directly spoken to management who's job it is to sort out this type of thing.

A learning experience for the future!

over a year ago

"If you've paid extra for Premium seats and others have taken them I can understand why she'd want them to move.

I'm not sure if it's just a friend or a "friend" (inverted commas). If it's a long term genuine friend is it really worth undoing all you have built up over one petty incident? We're all allowed an off day every now and then aren't we?

This was an old flame but dated years back and wouldn't see her like that now just purely friendship.she used to be wild and like a drink and can be argumentative but thought she had turned a corner.my instincts r telling me just to leave her to it. :/"

Then you have answered your own question!

What film was it?

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

Mr ddc

This was my thoughts exactly when the guy was getting slightly annoyed about the situation and I was trying to sit elsewhere she did for all of a minute then she said nope I'm not having this lol"

I hate it when you're made to feel unreasonable even though it's the other person who is in the wrong. In an empty cinema, then insisting on sitting right behind you, does make the other couple look extremely petty. I'd have got a couple of booster seats so that they couldn't see

Sorry it ruined the film, but if she gets legless to go to the cinema, you might be better off out of it tbh.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think that she was right, the defensive guy was wrong. If you aren't happy with how she dealt with the situation that's a difference of opinion between you two. As far as making a complaint goes tell her you're not able to support her but if she wants to she should go ahead.

over a year ago

She was in the right if she paid more for particular seats. The guy shouldn't have got huffy, he should have asked for proof then apologised and moved.

The last time I went to the cinema I was told to stop talking - it was through the sodding ads and previews - so I didn't. Some people think they have more rights than others.

By *LUKCouple
over a year ago

Loughborough

I've had a few people "steal" my seat over the years at the cinema. I usually ask politely which sorts things out 90% of the time. If they refuse I get arsey and tell them to get out of the seats. That works the other 10%

over a year ago

This was an old flame but dated years back and wouldn't see her like that now just purely friendship.she used to be wild and like a drink and can be argumentative but thought she had turned a corner.my instincts r telling me just to leave her to it. :/

Then you have answered your own question!

What film was it?"

Ouija but we left pretty soon was very boring.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I have this problem all the time on trains....I ask politely saying sorry I think you may be in my seat and most people usual move

Sometimes the excuse me I reserved this seat and coaches u and f are unreserved is the next stage

I did the last time go ape shit because some bint decided that she had paid for a train ticket and wanted a seat even though the seats had been reserved and told her to fucking move but I had been decent, then assertive, then angry then rude

The train was packed solid so I can understand why she didn't want to move but that's her problem in the end I told her fuck it and fuck her self. I did put in a complaint to virgin and got money back for ticket

over a year ago

Mr ddc

This was my thoughts exactly when the guy was getting slightly annoyed about the situation and I was trying to sit elsewhere she did for all of a minute then she said nope I'm not having this lol

I hate it when you're made to feel unreasonable even though it's the other person who is in the wrong. In an empty cinema, then insisting on sitting right behind you, does make the other couple look extremely petty. I'd have got a couple of booster seats so that they couldn't see

Sorry it ruined the film, but if she gets legless to go to the cinema, you might be better off out of it tbh. "

The stupid thing is we had a few each and I was fine I think the wine messed her up the g and ts can't be that bad.she doesn't drink often.

over a year ago

"I have this problem all the time on trains....I ask politely saying sorry I think you may be in my seat and most people usual move

Sometimes the excuse me I reserved this seat and coaches u and f are unreserved is the next stage

I did the last time go ape shit because some bint decided that she had paid for a train ticket and wanted a seat even though the seats had been reserved and told her to fucking move but I had been decent, then assertive, then angry then rude

The train was packed solid so I can understand why she didn't want to move but that's her problem in the end I told her fuck it and fuck her self. I did put in a complaint to virgin and got money back for ticket

"

Sounded pretty heated :0

Post new Message to Thread