Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

if your invted to a party

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

are you one of those people that read the message and think not your thing and say no thanks or one that just does not get back to the sender or ones thats show up and have fun

if you have been to a party i want to know your best experiance and your worst as well

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I'm a no thanks sort.

I go to parties... but ones that have been organised by people I know. I met those people by going to socials. It worked for me.

I've had a couple of fairly random approaches from single men inviting me to parties that they're organising for couples... all sounds a bit fishy to me. I think if that's what people are doing then they need to think through the wording on their invitations.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

we always try to reply even if its a no ta

over a year ago

see its the single guy thing i held parties as a couple with my expartner and always had them full but now single its a bigger headacke than its worth sometimes

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

Been to quite a few, and was at a party thrown by friends on Saturday.

We love parties, and are always hoping for invites, whether or not we accept is down to work, family, and other commitments. Sometimes something comes up which means we cant make it, but we always let the hosts know. We have had invites from friends and strangers, and have to say that its a great way of meeting new people!

Random invites from males hoping to put a party together to get a shag would be filed under the button marked "delete" lol! Not all single males are like that, our invite to the party on Saturday came from a single male, but he is a much respected friend!

If you havent already figured it out, we are huge party fans lol!

A word of caution though...

We havent yet recieved an invite where they expect you to pay towards "expenses", but in time we probably will. Whilst its ok to ask us to contribute to the buffet by bringing along some food, or maybe chip in a couple of quid for the cost of equipment (some people hire in a hot tub or suchlike), there is no way we would pay some of the prices we have seen quoted (£30 or even £40!!), sounds way too much like a business. Our local clubs charge less than that !!!

There are "invited members only" clubs, which is kind of like a party invite, but to a club where you have to pay, but they are usually up front about it, and have great facilities, so you cant class them the same as the "pay to play" parties being run for profit.

over a year ago

any parties i have had have always and will always be free all i ever expect people to bring are there fav drinks and protections and ok course themselfs and a friendly nature

never fell out with anyone yet at a party as there always a easy going affair

over a year ago

Try to reply to all mails if we can and have attended a couple of parties now Thay are alot of fun.

But no one can accept all the invites that come through so have said no to a couple too.

over a year ago

I have yet to get invited to one I would go to.. Thing is.. the chances of us having time to go would be very slim, and I would not go without Master...

I do however always reply and say thanks but not for me.

I have had some bad experiences with house parties though.. and to be honest am not sure I would want to risk it anymore..

If I want to go to a big gathering I will go to a social.. but even if things get hot after..( ie the ones at chams) I dont play.

Katie. x

over a year ago

We echo what _thwalescpl said. We like going to parties and when we can't get to one we have been invited to we will always try to let people know asap.

We have however been to a few parties that we have paid between 20-25 pounds in an envelope to the organising couple. They have always been upfront as far as we know and explained their reasons. Usually the accom is rented for the weekend. They may turn a slight profit but I don't begrudge that as they have taken the time to organise it and most won't.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"I'm a no thanks sort.

I go to parties... but ones that have been organised by people I know. I met those people by going to socials. It worked for me.

I've had a couple of fairly random approaches from single men inviting me to parties that they're organising for couples... all sounds a bit fishy to me. I think if that's what people are doing then they need to think through the wording on their invitations. "

seconded

over a year ago

I would always reply honestly as its the correct thing to do.

I do find it highly amusing though when some people aren't invited or included and they make out they were busy or had far more serious things to do like watch the shed paint dry. I suppose its a perverse human trait but i think we all love to watch someone's disconfort when they have not been invited to a party and make excuses.

over a year ago

I think I am going to the wrong house parties as we always end up chatting in the kitchen lol. Have had a few great socials though. And yes I reply.

over a year ago

we never at a party because we never know where to go in the North east

over a year ago

I never been invited to one

I've seen on other threads about paying 30 or 40 quid, and i've seen them advertised on another site where single males are expected to pay upto 50 quid just to attend, and have to agree that it sounds like a money making scheme,i think i'd avoid those.

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

"are you one of those people that read the message and think not your thing and say no thanks or one that just does not get back to the sender or ones thats show up and have fun

if you have been to a party i want to know your best experiance and your worst as well"

The first one...we are pretty sociable and good fun but we would feel like a right couple of spares when everyone got down to it..

Post new Message to Thread