Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

dyslexic and Asperger's ?

Jump to newest

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

If you want to no sumthing about these fill free to arsk a quesjoun. I wood purfour yes or no arnsar quesjouns as thes condishouns r hard to explan if you have them but il try and arnsar them if it needs mor than a yes or no.

I have a job and can not spend all day on my fone so quesjouns may take time to get arnsared. So plees have that thing cald pashounce.

Any piss taking will just be enored !!

If anyone has dislecic or/and asparagus fill free to post sum info of your simtoums if you want to or even arnsar a quesjon. as its clear lots do not understand us and have no idea how hard it can be at times.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

Yes, I asked you this before, and you gave me a partial reply. So I will rephrase and ask again

Which one of the texts below do you feel most comfortable reading:

1) If you want to no sumthing about these fill free to arsk a quesjoun.

2) If you want to know something about these feel free to ask a question.

Is it (1) or (2)?

This is a genuine query; not a piss-take

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

"Yes, I asked you this before, and you gave me a partial reply. So I will rephrase and ask again

Is it (1) or (2)?

This is a genuine query; not a piss-take"

1 is a lot easyer had to stop to reed 2

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"Yes, I asked you this before, and you gave me a partial reply. So I will rephrase and ask again

Is it (1) or (2)?

This is a genuine query; not a piss-take

1 is a lot easyer had to stop to reed 2"

Thank you

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have dyslexia and dyspraxia and sometimes make spelling mistakes when I'm writing by hand, but I prefer to write in proper English.

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

Wen it coms to spelling spell check dus not always work nor dus alto spell. (But I do like alto spell out the 2) Sum times thay don't rekanise wot im spelling and. With spell check witch is only on a pc you get 3 to 4 words all spelt in a simyoular way but meen difrount things. If you cant spell it to start of with how r you ment to pik the crouct spelling out of a list witch has like just 1 letter difrounce in eatch word but all sound the same but have difrount meanings.

This is not a qursjon its just a small statmount.

Reply privately

By *GHertsCouple
over a year ago

North Herts

No questions OP but just want to say how much I admire your courage for not only this post but for participating in the forums as you do.

Mr G

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't know anything about the two conditions. If you're dyslexic does that mean you can never learn or remember things, like what exactly is the condition?

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

"I don't know anything about the two conditions. If you're dyslexic does that mean you can never learn or remember things, like what exactly is the condition? "

Dyslexic dus not meen you can't lurn or rember. It meens we lurn in a difrount way.... For me if you gave me a book to reed to lurn how to do sumthing it will tak agies and may not happon....but if I see/get shown how to do it and how its dun then I lurn it verry quickly. Quiker than thos hoo dont have dislexic at times its cald carnetik lurning I think. Less words Mor hands on. It's y im so good at my job (shef) cos its a partial job / hands on job and verrey litall reeding and to lurn a new resipey I get shon by he'd shef.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Good luck with this thread OP. I have Asperger's so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Thankyou for putting this up op.

Although my sons spelling isnt particularly bad, the other things you describe are exactly the same as him.

Youve already answered one of the questions i was going to ask so my question is.

If your reading a description of something can you visualize it with out pictures.

Also was your your dyslexia picked up at an early age

Reply privately

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

Dyslexia and Asperger's are not concomitant.

You should not conflate the two.

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

"Thankyou for putting this up op.

Although my sons spelling isnt particularly bad, the other things you describe are exactly the same as him.

Youve already answered one of the questions i was going to ask so my question is.

If your reading a description of something can you visualize it with out pictures.

Also was your your dyslexia picked up at an early age"

Quesjon 1 not always no. So I doo like a pik wen lurnong sumthing new. I don't meen a pitcher book but if im lurning a new resipey from a book for exzarmpall I do like a pik of the finished predict and piks of the ingredoince.

Quesjon 2 no it was piked up quit late wen I was in my arley teens. And my aspurgis was arfishiley disonosed just 2 years ago.

Reply privately

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

[Removed by poster at 07/10/16 09:49:02]

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Dyslexia and Asperger's are not concomitant.

"

i got the impression he was saying that we could ask about either.

He already said he would like questions in a simple form yet you chose to use words the op may not see all the while

Reply privately

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I was diagnosed with dyslexica and dyspraxia at 14. My parents were both special needs teachers so I have had help with 'coping strategies ' since then. I have also worked very hard on trying the write and spell properly.

My choose job meant I could not say ' oh I'm dyslexic ' for mistakes made.

We learn in a different way to others, I'm a very visual learner. A hand on approach works for me.

Even as an adult my reading age roughly of a 10 year old, this is high enough to get by and read tabloid newspapers.

Reply privately

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

He already said he would like questions in a simple form yet you chose to use words the op may not see all the while"

I'm not sure I follow?

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Are your employers good at understand.

My sons are excellent have put so much in place to help him

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

He already said he would like questions in a simple form yet you chose to use words the op may not see all the while

I'm not sure I follow?"

ofcourse you do

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

"Are your employers good at understand.

My sons are excellent have put so much in place to help him"

Well I work with a agentcey so my jobs r all over the place at times witch dus mak it hard at times cos my aspurgies keeps kicking off but my agent now's this and tells wear I go this b4 I go Thar so thay always understand my condishouns.

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

I personally think children should be tested for dyslexia at five and taught accordingly.

Your roughly the same age as my son and his wasnt picked up until later.

Its something that if picked up at an early can stop people feeling as though they are lazy and dyipif

Reply privately

over a year ago

I see the words you write/type and I notice sometimes you spell them differently. I can read phonetically so i can understand your posts.

i spell quite badly but thanks to predictive text, it's easier and I'm still learning my basic mistakes.

But I always spell my words (the ones i can't spell) the same.

Why do you change your spellings.

Serious question also.

Reply privately

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

"I personally think children should be tested for dyslexia at five and taught accordingly.

Its something that if picked up at an early can stop people feeling as though they are lazy and dyipif"

Absolutely

Reply privately

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

I'm personally dyslexic I have a clear yellow a4 sheet that I lay over all paperwork etc to enable me to be able to read it correctly

Have you ever tried issuing these colour sheets OP?

They also come in pink and blue depending on the severity of your condition you'll find you'll respond to one colour better than others. It's a really simply tool but as helped my English skills to come on in leaps and bounds. Yes I still make mistakes if I'm not. Concentrating well but I am only human mistakes happen to us all

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

"I see the words you write/type and I notice sometimes you spell them differently. I can read phonetically so i can understand your posts.

i spell quite badly but thanks to predictive text, it's easier and I'm still learning my basic mistakes.

Serious question also.

"

I never notised I did. but sum of it mite be down to the alto spell cos sum times it will change sumthing with out me noticing it.

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"I'm personally dyslexic I have a clear yellow a4 sheet that I lay over all paperwork etc to enable me to be able to read it correctly

They also come in pink and blue depending on the severity of your condition you'll find you'll respond to one colour better than others. It's a really simply tool but as helped my English skills to come on in leaps and bounds. Yes I still make mistakes if I'm not. Concentrating well but I am only human mistakes happen to us all "

they have all the coloured card for my son, they draw instructions but many show him hands on hes come on so well they have a dictaphone for him as well

They also recieved funding for it all

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

"I'm personally dyslexic I have a clear yellow a4 sheet that I lay over all paperwork etc to enable me to be able to read it correctly

They also come in pink and blue depending on the severity of your condition you'll find you'll respond to one colour better than others. It's a really simply tool but as helped my English skills to come on in leaps and bounds. Yes I still make mistakes if I'm not. Concentrating well but I am only human mistakes happen to us all "

I did have that test dun and it was sed I don't need cullor pappor ect. In fact if the papor has a cullor I find it mutch harder to reed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cream paper too. Can't you change your phone/tablet screen to a dyslexic friendly theme?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No questions OP but just want to say how much I admire your courage for not only this post but for participating in the forums as you do.

Mr G"

This.. and it grinds me when people pull the op up. X

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I see the words you write/type and I notice sometimes you spell them differently. I can read phonetically so i can understand your posts.

Serious question also.

I never notised I did. but sum of it mite be down to the alto spell cos sum times it will change sumthing with out me noticing it."

What phone do you use?

My iPhone accepts a certain way I spell something. It then learns for next time. For example, I once spelt realy wrong and now, each time I type it it puts 'my wrong spelling of it'. Do you use an iPhone?

Reply privately

over a year ago

This is a genuine question to you and other posters on this thread, not me being an arsehole:

Do you think because you've mentioned your conditions a lot that you've been given an easier ride on sympathy grounds than some other young men who would have been torn a new one by now for expressing some of the views you have?

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

"Cream paper too. Can't you change your phone/tablet screen to a dyslexic friendly theme?"

It's on white witch is ok for me but after I post it it go's blue on this and is a bit harder to reed. So white normall paper and background is fine for me.

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

Serious question also.

I never notised I did. but sum of it mite be down to the alto spell cos sum times it will change sumthing with out me noticing it.

What phone do you use?

My iPhone accepts a certain way I spell something. It then learns for next time. For example, I once spelt realy wrong and now, each time I type it it puts 'my wrong spelling of it'. Do you use an iPhone? "

No a smart fone.

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

Got work now by for now.

Reply privately

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

I'm glad I understand the conditions a little more thanks to this thread and also thanks to OP for his bravery and sharing.

Reply privately

By *ilacWoman
over a year ago

Cheshire

"No questions OP but just want to say how much I admire your courage for not only this post but for participating in the forums as you do.

Mr G

This.. and it grinds me when people pull the op up. X "

Ignore the people that pull you up on it, just puts them in a bad light.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This is a genuine question to you and other posters on this thread, not me being an arsehole:

Do you think because you've mentioned your conditions a lot that you've been given an easier ride on sympathy grounds than some other young men who would have been torn a new one by now for expressing some of the views you have?

"

Are you saying that if I was dyslexic and stepped in a boxing ring my opponent would go easy on me?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Colour is very important I find things easier when they are red tested and red seems to be my focus colour. I'm dyspraxic and find it jumble things mainly numbers around but like most find that physically doing is better than learning from books. I took 7 attempts to pass my theory for driving but 1st time on my test with a perfect mark

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

Mr G

This.. and it grinds me when people pull the op up. X "

Except for the fact that nobody has done anything such as that!

Reply privately

By *ilacWoman
over a year ago

Cheshire

Mr G

Except for the fact that nobody has done anything such as that!"

They have done on his other posts.

Reply privately

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

Mr G

Except for the fact that nobody has done anything such as that!"

Not in this thread but they have on some of the other threads the OPs posted on

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

Mr G

Except for the fact that nobody has done anything such as that!

Not in this thread but they have on some of the other threads the OPs posted on "

Oh, Ok, I did not see those

Not nice

Reply privately

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

"This is a genuine question to you and other posters on this thread, not me being an arsehole:

"

I've mentioned time and time again that I'm dyslexic and I personally don't think that I've received any sympathy or special treatment for it and to be honest I wouldn't want any, if people think I'm being an arse I'd rather people just tell me that

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

"

No I don't get any speshall easy tretmount espeshley wen I work in a kitchen.....but i do say im dislexic at work so if I haf to do any riteing thay have a good idear wot to expect wen it coms to paper work.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So how is technology helping with your online communication.

Writing by hand is difficult.

Are you not finding things easier with technology. As i have found my personal miss-spelling has vastly improved with my auto/predictive text.

Even the word Dyslexia or Dyslexic (which in itself is difficult to spell) comes out the same.

Why not switch your predictive text on and let it help you?

Reply privately

over a year ago

you need to delete everything your phone has saved in spell check. it's spelling things wrong because you have done this more than once yourself and it's saved those words as actual words.

this means you will have to understand how words should be spelt to be able to use spell check though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I wouldn't expect to be given an easier ride. But then I'm fairly neutral on here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wouldn't expect to be given an easier ride. But then I'm fairly neutral on here. "

We're not allowed to rip anyone a new one anymore. People cried about it.

*Passive constructive remember.

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

"So how is technology helping with your online communication.

Are you not finding things easier with technology. As i have found my personal miss-spelling has vastly improved with my auto/predictive text.

Even the word Dyslexia or Dyslexic (which in itself is difficult to spell) comes out the same.

Why not switch your predictive text on and let it help you?"

Talking on line is easyer than talking of line to me but at times my nurvs still kik in. A good exzarmpall... I find it still hard to even send a message to sum one on hear. As my nurvs kik in so I just carnt send it. It's that dornting 1st message to start a confarsashoun with sum stranger I've never met. Even going out sumwrar new is extremely nurvraking but this is not dislexic this is aspurgies. Witch I also have. It's also harder to exsplane.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's a horrible thing to have, feel bad for you dude, I do have empathy but I'm also a spelling and grammar nazi and being around this makes my chest feel tight.

Reply privately

over a year ago

My brother has dyslexia and is autistic not easy conditions to deal for both him and those around him at times i get what your saying about being shown rather than being told ive seen that my brother cannot pick things up through instructions but doesnt have any issues when you show him

On top of that unlike people without these conditions complacency and lazyness never seem to take hold if you show him how to do something he will do it the same way every time without fail very usefull in allot of jobs

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not trying to be unkind I promise, I just find it difficult to read especially cos my first language is welsh so when I see words in English I read them in welsh so it doesn't translate well for me and gives me a headache feeling in my chest. It's weird.

Reply privately

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"I personally think children should be tested for dyslexia at five and taught accordingly.

Its something that if picked up at an early can stop people feeling as though they are lazy and dyipif"

Unfortunately testing a child that young wouldn't always give an accurate result.

You have to have a certain level of reading and writing to be tested. Same with dyscalclus.

The dyslexica institute recommends the age of 7 for thier testing.

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"It's a horrible thing to have, feel bad for you dude, I do have empathy but I'm also a spelling and grammar nazi and being around this makes my chest feel tight. "
so you dont open the threads then by the op

Reply privately

By *ilacWoman
over a year ago

Cheshire

Talking on line is easyer than talking of line to me but at times my nurvs still kik in. A good exzarmpall... I find it still hard to even send a message to sum one on hear. As my nurvs kik in so I just carnt send it. It's that dornting 1st message to start a confarsashoun with sum stranger I've never met. Even going out sumwrar new is extremely nurvraking but this is not dislexic this is aspurgies. Witch I also have. It's also harder to exsplane."

There are quite a few of us on here with ASD and you'd be surprised how easy it is at swinging or fetish clubs. Somehow, I don't feel as socially awkward there as I do in a vanilla setting.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No I don't get any speshall easy tretmount espeshley wen I work in a kitchen.....but i do say im dislexic at work so if I haf to do any riteing thay have a good idear wot to expect wen it coms to paper work."

People with disabilities like dyslexia and Aspergers are not looking for sympathy, but understanding. It would be wrong to offer people with disabilities an easier time, but I feel if you understand a condition you can make adjustments for it.

People who have conditions such as dyslexia are not all the same. We are individuals. For example the OP finds written stuff difficult to read if spelt "correctly" as compared with spelling it the way it sounds? I have dyslexia just like him, but I do find words spelt the normal way easier to read than those spelt in any other way.

It's understanding about why people behave and think the way they do which is the most important thing. After you have that understanding then it becomes a lot easier to change things, just slightly, so that people with disabilities can fully engage in society.

I'm so pleased this thread is as popular as it is - Well done the OP and other posters.

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

No I don't get any speshall easy tretmount espeshley wen I work in a kitchen.....but i do say im dislexic at work so if I haf to do any riteing thay have a good idear wot to expect wen it coms to paper work.

People with disabilities like dyslexia and Aspergers are not looking for sympathy, but understanding. It would be wrong to offer people with disabilities an easier time, but I feel if you understand a condition you can make adjustments for it.

People who have conditions such as dyslexia are not all the same. We are individuals. For example the OP finds written stuff difficult to read if spelt "correctly" as compared with spelling it the way it sounds? I have dyslexia just like him, but I do find words spelt the normal way easier to read than those spelt in any other way.

It's understanding about why people behave and think the way they do which is the most important thing. After you have that understanding then it becomes a lot easier to change things, just slightly, so that people with disabilities can fully engage in society.

I'm so pleased this thread is as popular as it is - Well done the OP and other posters.

"

that was very well said

Reply privately

By *andom2chatMan
over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

I'm only commenting in order to keep an eye on this subject. No questions from me so far.

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Most of us adjust how we interact with others depending upon our experience and feedback that we pick up from them. So making adjustments for people who have these conditions isn't special treatment, it is just what we do naturally. Many of us just are not particularly good at knowing how best to adjust, so it can mean that we make things harder for others.

Thanks for opening this thread op and sharing your offer.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

"

Well said. I was struggling to put it into words myself.

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

Talking on line is easyer than talking of line to me but at times my nurvs still kik in. A good exzarmpall... I find it still hard to even send a message to sum one on hear. As my nurvs kik in so I just carnt send it. It's that dornting 1st message to start a confarsashoun with sum stranger I've never met. Even going out sumwrar new is extremely nurvraking but this is not dislexic this is aspurgies. Witch I also have. It's also harder to exsplane.

There are quite a few of us on here with ASD and you'd be surprised how easy it is at swinging or fetish clubs. Somehow, I don't feel as socially awkward there as I do in a vanilla setting. "

Vanilla setting ??????? Wots that ????

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

"I'm not trying to be unkind I promise, I just find it difficult to read especially cos my first language is welsh so when I see words in English I read them in welsh so it doesn't translate well for me and gives me a headache feeling in my chest. It's weird. "

If you find it hard to reed normall English y post on a tether that's about dislexic with dislexic's posting ??

Im not taking the piss it just don't add up ?????

Reply privately

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

There are quite a few of us on here with ASD and you'd be surprised how easy it is at swinging or fetish clubs. Somehow, I don't feel as socially awkward there as I do in a vanilla setting.

Vanilla setting ??????? Wots that ????"

The swinging term Vanilla is used to describe people that don't swing or places (so settings) that aren't swinging related and essentially "normal" like bowling for example

Reply privately

over a year ago

I agree..

my nephew struggled throughout his school life and was called stupid, or a dunce, because he couldn't follow basic lessons ..

however, he was bright enough to pass all his exams and land a place at university, and it wasn't until he started at university that he was finally diagnosed with dyslexia!

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

The swinging term Vanilla is used to describe people that don't swing or places (so settings) that aren't swinging related and essentially "normal" like bowling for example "

So y call normall vanilla Cos vanilla is a flaver ????

And wots rong with bowling as it wood be a good soshall meet up spot ?????

Reply privately

over a year ago

"My brother has dyslexia and is autistic not easy conditions to deal for both him and those around him at times i get what your saying about being shown rather than being told ive seen that my brother cannot pick things up through instructions but doesnt have any issues when you show him

On top of that unlike people without these conditions complacency and lazyness never seem to take hold if you show him how to do something he will do it the same way every time without fail very usefull in allot of jobs "

Indeed. I've struggled with explaining to employers that yes, it can take longer for me to learn a new job, but once I've hit a certain standard I stay there and don't cut corners.

Reply privately

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

The swinging term Vanilla is used to describe people that don't swing or places (so settings) that aren't swinging related and essentially "normal" like bowling for example

And wots rong with bowling as it wood be a good soshall meet up spot ?????"

Yes vanilla is a flavour a stereotypical plain boring one hence its use

It's the same as single bisexual ladies are called "unicorns" because they are rare to find and many believe they don't exist

And yes bowling would be fine for a social but it still not specifically related to swinging afterall you could do that on a normal date

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

It's the same as single bisexual ladies are called "unicorns" because they are rare to find and many believe they don't exist

And yes bowling would be fine for a social but it still not specifically related to swinging afterall you could do that on a normal date "

Wots rong with normall words lol wot on earth is stereotypical ????

Reply privately

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

And yes bowling would be fine for a social but it still not specifically related to swinging afterall you could do that on a normal date

Wots rong with normall words lol wot on earth is stereotypical ????"

Stereotypical means a general term that gets used to easily simplify or exaggerate something else. In this example it's the use of the term vanilla

Reply privately

By *ilacWoman
over a year ago

Cheshire

And wots rong with bowling as it wood be a good soshall meet up spot ?????"

Nothing wrong with bowling. I was just saying I find being in a swingers club or fetish club socialising, easier than being in a bar or pub.

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

Stereotypical means a general term that gets used to easily simplify or exaggerate something else. In this example it's the use of the term vanilla "

Exaggerate ????? Can you plees just call a bukit a bukit. And use normall everyday words that arnt 10-20 letters long.

Reply privately

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

Stereotypical means a general term that gets used to easily simplify or exaggerate something else. In this example it's the use of the term vanilla

Exaggerate ????? Can you plees just call a bukit a bukit. And use normall everyday words that arnt 10-20 letters long."

Means to big something up to be better than it is

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

Exaggerate ????? Can you plees just call a bukit a bukit. And use normall everyday words that arnt 10-20 letters long.

Means to big something up to be better than it is"

Ok thanks

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

Nothing wrong with bowling. I was just saying I find being in a swingers club or fetish club socialising, easier than being in a bar or pub. "

Ok i get wot you keen now

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

Meen

ALTO SPELL

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

A Dislecic problum at lest I ofton get. Not Shor about overs.

Big words do not make mutch sence.

Fancey words r just confusing.

Just call a bukit a bukit.

If its up say up

If its normall say normall

And if pos try and keep the letter count under 10.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Are you allowed to drive?

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Op, are you glad you started this thread?

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

"Are you allowed to drive?"

Yes! but I've had eparlepsey as well so no I cant drive. But not cos of having dislexica

Reply privately

over a year ago

Do you live alone ?

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

"Op, are you glad you started this thread?"

It's going better than i thort. Had a problum about 4 posts up but its going well so yes.

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

"Do you live alone ?"

No in a shard flat. but I can live alown. I just carnt afford it atm lol

Reply privately

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

"Op, are you glad you started this thread?

It's going better than i thort. Had a problum about 4 posts up but its going well so yes."

Sorry my fault I tried to say things as best I could for you to get what I meant

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

It's going better than i thort. Had a problum about 4 posts up but its going well so yes.

Sorry my fault I tried to say things as best I could for you to get what I meant "

It's ok i got it in the end.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Have you met anyone for casual sex before?

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

It's going better than i thort. Had a problum about 4 posts up but its going well so yes."

i think its gone really well and you put yourself over well

Reply privately

over a year ago

Great thread op. I'm another aspie and I totally get that it's easier to meet people here than in real life.

Getting a feel for someone online before actually meeting them is a lot less stressful than approaching a stranger and not knowing what you'll get.

Nell

Reply privately

over a year ago

"A Dislecic problum at lest I ofton get. Not Shor about overs.

If its up say up

And if pos try and keep the letter count under 10."

If you don't understand a certain word why don't you use a dictionary/thesaurus app to find the definition or a simpler alternative? And a spell checker that actually works. Would these not make online conversations easier for you?

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

For someone with severe dyslexia

Aspergers

And epilepsy i think your positiv attitide is to be admired

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

If its up say up

If you don't understand a certain word why don't you use a dictionary/thesaurus app to find the definition or a simpler alternative? And a spell checker that actually works. Would these not make online conversations easier for you?"

its all explained in the thread

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

"Great thread op. I'm another aspie and I totally get that it's easier to meet people here than in real life.

Getting a feel for someone online before actually meeting them is a lot less stressful than approaching a stranger and not knowing what you'll get.

Nell"

My aspurgies still plays up thoe. It's carm on the four rooms now. Took about 4 weeks but its settsled now. but wen it comes to messaging it kiks off big time and my nurvs just take over. That's y I can't send out a message atm cos my nurvs litrley stop me. I just carnt get over that dornting 1st message to start a convarshashoun with Sumone one to one. But oddley replying is fine and carm.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Great thread op. I'm another aspie and I totally get that it's easier to meet people here than in real life.

Nell

My aspurgies still plays up thoe. It's carm on the four rooms now. Took about 4 weeks but its settsled now. but wen it comes to messaging it kiks off big time and my nurvs just take over. That's y I can't send out a message atm cos my nurvs litrley stop me. I just carnt get over that dornting 1st message to start a convarshashoun with Sumone one to one. But oddley replying is fine and carm."

It's nerve wrecking sometimes isn't it? I'm ok with private messages but get very nervous about posting publicly. Social anxiety bothers me quite a bit.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Dyslexia means that your brain does not recognise words as others do, and jumbles them up, so while the written word looks normal to the person with dyslexia, it just looks like mumbo jumbo to someone else. I have a few friends with this, One lass was also dyslexic with numbers, not just letters, I met her at a livery yard, and while she was having riding lessons, it seemed like each lesson was a first lesson as she couldn't remember what to do, so in the end her parents bought her a pony to learn on... that helped her in so many ways - years later, she went to university and became a vet. Another sufferer I know started fencing at school and became a five times Commonwealth medalist. They may have problems with writing etc, but with help, they can do anything, probably more so as they have more to overcome.

Aspergers is on the autism spectrum but affects the person in different ways.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If its up say up

If you don't understand a certain word why don't you use a dictionary/thesaurus app to find the definition or a simpler alternative? And a spell checker that actually works. Would these not make online conversations easier for you?its all explained in the thread"

I didn't see the use of a dictionary or thesaurus mentioned? I'm just wondering why the OP doesn't use the technology available on his phone to help with his written communications. Self-help rather than asking the meaning of words that he doesn't understand. It wasn't a criticism, but a genuine question

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

"Have you met anyone for casual sex before? "

Not shor this has anything to do weth the subject but no.

And b4 you arsk aney at all that's a no to.

DONT EVEN THINK OF A PIS TAKE !

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nell

My aspurgies still plays up thoe. It's carm on the four rooms now. Took about 4 weeks but its settsled now. but wen it comes to messaging it kiks off big time and my nurvs just take over. That's y I can't send out a message atm cos my nurvs litrley stop me. I just carnt get over that dornting 1st message to start a convarshashoun with Sumone one to one. But oddley replying is fine and carm."

You're an inspiration and a top bloke..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Have you met anyone for casual sex before?

DONT EVEN THINK OF A PIS TAKE !"

Do you think you're emotionally strong enough to meet someone for sex then never see them again?

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

Do you think you're emotionally strong enough to meet someone for sex then never see them again? "

Yes I do. Or I woodount be on hear. But im hopeing to make sum frends and find somwon lockall to me for reglour meets.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Do you think you're emotionally strong enough to meet someone for sex then never see them again?

Yes I do. Or I woodount be on hear. But im hopeing to make sum frends and find somwon lockall to me for reglour meets."

I hope you're right.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

If its up say up

And if pos try and keep the letter count under 10."

People are trying to be helpful and understanding. Some have taken the piss using words you don't understand, but we're not to know you don't understand simple words like "exaggerate".

Reply privately

over a year ago

The only question I have is I've noticed one or two othe people across the forum, not just on this thread, also saying they have dyslexia, but in most cases you'd hardly tell from their comments.

So I'm wondering are there different types of dyslexia that affect people differently, or is that some people have different tools to help them?

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

If its up say up

People are trying to be helpful and understanding. Some have taken the piss using words you don't understand, but we're not to know you don't understand simple words like "exaggerate".

"

It's hardley simple I've never even seen it b4.

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

If its up say up

"

you do once he mentions long words though.

But i agree some have done it on purpose

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I didn't see the use of a dictionary or thesaurus mentioned? I'm just wondering why the OP doesn't use the technology available on his phone to help with his written communications. Self-help rather than asking the meaning of words that he doesn't understand. It wasn't a criticism, but a genuine question"

Do you know how hard it is to try and spell some words others would find easy? if he can't spell those "correctly" then the use of an online dictionary would be useless, it's not the fact that he can't use it but the understanding of HOW to use it. Dyslexia is not just a matter of not being able to read, write or spell, it's not even a learning disability as such, it is an actual brain processing problem.

OP is a truly inspirational bloke, he is trying to fit into a world where many do not understand. If he wants to try and meet people then that's great, but for others, to say are you emotionally able to meet for possibly what might be one off sex... I say to that person, who are you to judge?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes I do. Or I woodount be on hear. But im hopeing to make sum frends and find somwon lockall to me for reglour meets.

I hope you're right."

I wondered that too. My friends son has aspergers and very quickly forms attachments to people

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

"The only question I have is I've noticed one or two othe people across the forum, not just on this thread, also saying they have dyslexia, but in most cases you'd hardly tell from their comments.

So I'm wondering are there different types of dyslexia that affect people differently, or is that some people have different tools to help them?"

Yes Thar r difrount tips of dislexic In a sence. as it effects overs in dufrount ways. Difrount purson difrount symptoms but sum symptoms never Chang ever.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hope you're right.

I wondered that too. My friends son has aspergers and very quickly forms attachments to people"

Exactly. I seen sufferers take rejection very badly.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hope you're right.

I wondered that too. My friends son has aspergers and very quickly forms attachments to people"

And how old is your friend's son?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I didn't see the use of a dictionary or thesaurus mentioned? I'm just wondering why the OP doesn't use the technology available on his phone to help with his written communications. Self-help rather than asking the meaning of words that he doesn't understand. It wasn't a criticism, but a genuine question

Do you know how hard it is to try and spell some words others would find easy? if he can't spell those "correctly" then the use of an online dictionary would be useless, it's not the fact that he can't use it but the understanding of HOW to use it. Dyslexia is not just a matter of not being able to read, write or spell, it's not even a learning disability as such, it is an actual brain processing problem.

OP is a truly inspirational bloke, he is trying to fit into a world where many do not understand. If he wants to try and meet people then that's great, but for others, to say are you emotionally able to meet for possibly what might be one off sex... I say to that person, who are you to judge?"

I was wondering the same thing but Clem beat me to it. It's not a judgement at all. OP has aspergers which affects social interactions, so it's quite an obvious question to ask would that affect you meeting people from here and how would you cope.

You can't start an awareness raising thread like this then accuse anyone asking relevant questions of being judgemental.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hope you're right.

I wondered that too. My friends son has aspergers and very quickly forms attachments to people

And how old is your friend's son? "

He's 11. He just moved house around 6 months ago plus started a new school last month so he's had quite a lot to deal with in terms of meeting new people and leaving friends behind. His mum is amazing with him but he's really struggled.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Male or female it's a risk I wouldn't take. Especially after the thread where he compared swinging and dating. I'm not entirely convinced he really can separate the two.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The only question I have is I've noticed one or two othe people across the forum, not just on this thread, also saying they have dyslexia, but in most cases you'd hardly tell from their comments.

So I'm wondering are there different types of dyslexia that affect people differently, or is that some people have different tools to help them?

Yes Thar r difrount tips of dislexic In a sence. as it effects overs in dufrount ways. Difrount purson difrount symptoms but sum symptoms never Chang ever."

Thanks OP

Reply privately

By *ilacWoman
over a year ago

Cheshire

I hope you're right.

Exactly. I seen sufferers take rejection very badly. "

As a 'sufferer' I take rejection quite well. And I can find it hard to open up to people and also feel fairly indifferent towards people I should normally feel attached to. Eg family

I'm guessing that everyone is different. Just like non 'sufferers.'

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hope you're right.

He's 11. He just moved house around 6 months ago plus started a new school last month so he's had quite a lot to deal with in terms of meeting new people and leaving friends behind. His mum is amazing with him but he's really struggled. "

The reason I asked is that although asking about the problems with emotional attachment is reasonable, it's worth bearing in mind that an 11 year old with Asperger's isn't the same as a 28 year old with Asperger's

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hope you're right.

Exactly. I seen sufferers take rejection very badly.

As a 'sufferer' I take rejection quite well. And I can find it hard to open up to people and also feel fairly indifferent towards people I should normally feel attached to. Eg family

I'm guessing that everyone is different. Just like non 'sufferers.'"

Good to know. I hope the same is true for the OP.

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Male or female it's a risk I wouldn't take. Especially after the thread where he compared swinging and dating. I'm not entirely convinced he really can separate the two."
but there are a lot of people on here who cant tell the difference, become stalkers or bunny boilers, read things in to situations and to my knowledge dont have aspergers

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hope you're right.

He's 11. He just moved house around 6 months ago plus started a new school last month so he's had quite a lot to deal with in terms of meeting new people and leaving friends behind. His mum is amazing with him but he's really struggled.

The reason I asked is that although asking about the problems with emotional attachment is reasonable, it's worth bearing in mind that an 11 year old with Asperger's isn't the same as a 28 year old with Asperger's "

Which I think is why the question was asked? I know it could guess how my friends son would react in that situation but I don't know if it affects OP the same. Isn't that the whole point of the thread?

Reply privately

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Interesting that people think someone with Asperger's Syndrome is 'suffering'. It's just different. My son has Aspegers and he says he feels sorry for me because I can't do differential calculus (or whatever it bloody is) in my head.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I didn't see the use of a dictionary or thesaurus mentioned? I'm just wondering why the OP doesn't use the technology available on his phone to help with his written communications. Self-help rather than asking the meaning of words that he doesn't understand. It wasn't a criticism, but a genuine question

OP is a truly inspirational bloke, he is trying to fit into a world where many do not understand. If he wants to try and meet people then that's great, but for others, to say are you emotionally able to meet for possibly what might be one off sex... I say to that person, who are you to judge?"

It was a valid question...if he doesn't know what a word means copy and paste it to a dictionary or thesaurus to find out. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that's within his comprehension.

Other posters have stated that they have dyslexia and/or Aspergers yet you would never know from their comments - the OP misspells virtually every word, and differently each time too.

He can't raise the subject and expect people not to ask why he doesn't try to improve his communications - as other sufferers very obviously can and do.

And I haven't judged his emotional capabilities, nor can I see that the person asking those questions has either. I thought they were valid points.

Reply privately

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

The people I have met with Asoergers had almost note almost all have had very extensive, formal and adult vocabulary with spelling to match. It's a phenomenon I've never seen before - constant phonetic and variable spelling.

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

Let's put it this way if I rote everything out by hand with out my alto spell helping my spelling wood be 10 times wors.

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Op what type of things you naturally do better than the average person

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Let's put it this way if I rote everything out by hand with out my alto spell helping my spelling wood be 10 times wors."

I'm not talking about writing by hand...I meant taking the time to check every word before replying or sending an initial message. And with all due respect, I can't imagine that as alto spell doesn't seem to be working great.

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

"Op what type of things you naturally do better than the average person

"

Well pratikall things. Doing stuff / hands on stuff as im a verry quik lunar with pratikall things. And pik them up faster than overs ho don't have dislecica I no this cos I see it ofton. Eg Im in a Groop we get shown sumthing and most of the Groop don't do it the same way or as well.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hope you're right.

The reason I asked is that although asking about the problems with emotional attachment is reasonable, it's worth bearing in mind that an 11 year old with Asperger's isn't the same as a 28 year old with Asperger's

Which I think is why the question was asked? I know it could guess how my friends son would react in that situation but I don't know if it affects OP the same. Isn't that the whole point of the thread? "

Yes it is the point. My wife and I discuss emotional attachment frequently. But I'm somewhat sensitive to people relating the experiences and behaviour of a child with an ASD to an adult with an ASD. It's something I come across a lot and it's not always good. If I've read something into your question that isn't there, my bad.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Interesting that people think someone with Asperger's Syndrome is 'suffering'. It's just different. My son has Aspegers and he says he feels sorry for me because I can't do differential calculus (or whatever it bloody is) in my head. "

Oh get a grip! I suffer with heart failure, it doesn't mean I'm constantly in pain or about to drop dead, it simply means I have a condition. Wind down the sensitivity.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hope you're right.

Which I think is why the question was asked? I know it could guess how my friends son would react in that situation but I don't know if it affects OP the same. Isn't that the whole point of the thread?

Yes it is the point. My wife and I discuss emotional attachment frequently. But I'm somewhat sensitive to people relating the experiences and behaviour of a child with an ASD to an adult with an ASD. It's something I come across a lot and it's not always good. If I've read something into your question that isn't there, my bad. "

No problem at all, I guess I was wondering if certain symptoms would span from childhood into adulthood, or indeed if OP had the same symptoms, and if so how he would cope

Reply privately

over a year ago

Simply put the OP is living with multiple conditions. I don't believe swinging is for him. I haven't read anything to change my mind so far.

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Simply put the OP is living with multiple conditions. I don't believe swinging is for him. I haven't read anything to change my mind so far. "
and does this ho for everybody with miltiple conditions

Reply privately

By *irty filthy milfWoman
over a year ago

somewhere only i know!

"Dyslexia means that your brain does not recognise words as others do, and jumbles them up, so while the written word looks normal to the person with dyslexia, it just looks like mumbo jumbo to someone else. I have a few friends with this, One lass was also dyslexic with numbers, not just letters, I met her at a livery yard, and while she was having riding lessons, it seemed like each lesson was a first lesson as she couldn't remember what to do, so in the end her parents bought her a pony to learn on... that helped her in so many ways - years later, she went to university and became a vet. Another sufferer I know started fencing at school and became a five times Commonwealth medalist. They may have problems with writing etc, but with help, they can do anything, probably more so as they have more to overcome.

Aspergers is on the autism spectrum but affects the person in different ways. "

Dyslexia is the jumbling or words and dispraxia is the jumbling of numbers both of which are on the very broad ASD Spectrum along with Aspergers, ADHD and many other social communication issues. Being a mother with a teenager with Aspergers I clap my hands and take my hat off to you OP for raising the subject and also for stepping out of your comfort zone to highlight it to others and understand the daily challenges you are faced with and if you want to practice opening messages feel free to flutter into my inbox as I'm more than happy to help anyone who faces daily challenges like this and know just how important it is that the world and others understand the challenges you face, yes I've been tempted over the years to have a paddy in a supermarket just like the advert when people don't understand just what you're going through!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Simply put the OP is living with multiple conditions. I don't believe swinging is for him. I haven't read anything to change my mind so far. "

Fair enough. I think a lot of people would not survive a fab dissection of this kind.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Simply put the OP is living with multiple conditions. I don't believe swinging is for him. I haven't read anything to change my mind so far.

Fair enough. I think a lot of people would not survive a fab dissection of this kind. "

He's a brave guy for sure. I wouldn't feel comfortable encouraging him in the swinging lifestyle though.

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

"Dyslexia means that your brain does not recognise words as others do, and jumbles them up, so while the written word looks normal to the person with dyslexia, it just looks like mumbo jumbo to someone else. I have a few friends with this, One lass was also dyslexic with numbers, not just letters, I met her at a livery yard, and while she was having riding lessons, it seemed like each lesson was a first lesson as she couldn't remember what to do, so in the end her parents bought her a pony to learn on... that helped her in so many ways - years later, she went to university and became a vet. Another sufferer I know started fencing at school and became a five times Commonwealth medalist. They may have problems with writing etc, but with help, they can do anything, probably more so as they have more to overcome.

Dyslexia is the jumbling or words and dispraxia is the jumbling of numbers both of which are on the very broad ASD Spectrum along with Aspergers, ADHD and many other social communication issues. Being a mother with a teenager with Aspergers I clap my hands and take my hat off to you OP for raising the subject and also for stepping out of your comfort zone to highlight it to others and understand the daily challenges you are faced with and if you want to practice opening messages feel free to flutter into my inbox as I'm more than happy to help anyone who faces daily challenges like this and know just how important it is that the world and others understand the challenges you face, yes I've been tempted over the years to have a paddy in a supermarket just like the advert when people don't understand just what you're going through!"

Thanks

Reply privately

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"

Our daughter is dyslexic, despite us keep raising concerns she wasn't tested until she was well into senior school. Then it was only because we kept on and on, after hearing the same old comments at parents evenings.

I'm so annoyed that it took so long for people to listen and that so many teachers didn't pick up on it themselves. Quite a few basically accused her of being lazy and stupid.

She is still learning coping methods/ways that work for her.

She will now get extra time and a reader/ scribe in her GCSEs.

She took one less option, so that she gets extra time/lessons to work on her other subjects.

Reply privately

By *ilacWoman
over a year ago

Cheshire

"Simply put the OP is living with multiple conditions. I don't believe swinging is for him. I haven't read anything to change my mind so far.

Fair enough. I think a lot of people would not survive a fab dissection of this kind.

He's a brave guy for sure. I wouldn't feel comfortable encouraging him in the swinging lifestyle though."

Because he's dyslexic and is on the spectrum?

From the messages I receive, I'd say a lot of people have dyslexia on here. There seems to be a fair few with ASD and ADHD too. Admittedly, the OP will have challenges with communication and social interaction, but don't see really why it would affect his sex life. In fact, I can think of quite a few scenarios where communication doesn't even come into it.

Reply privately

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Dyslexia is the jumbling or words and dispraxia is the jumbling of numbers both of which are on the very broad ASD Spectrum along with Aspergers, ADHD and many other social communication issues. Being a mother with a teenager with Aspergers I clap my hands and take my hat off to you OP for raising the subject and also for stepping out of your comfort zone to highlight it to others and understand the daily challenges you are faced with and if you want to practice opening messages feel free to flutter into my inbox as I'm more than happy to help anyone who faces daily challenges like this and know just how important it is that the world and others understand the challenges you face, yes I've been tempted over the years to have a paddy in a supermarket just like the advert when people don't understand just what you're going through!"

Dyscalclus is numbers

Dyspraxia is more to do with coordination.

Dyslexica, dyscalclus and dyspraxia are all on the autistic spectrum... I have them all and have taught children for many years with special needs.

No two people are the same or have exactly the same issues some find ways to cope and get around their own problems.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Our daughter is dyslexic, despite us keep raising concerns she wasn't tested until she was well into senior school. Then it was only because we kept on and on, after hearing the same old comments at parents evenings.

I'm so annoyed that it took so long for people to listen and that so many teachers didn't pick up on it themselves. Quite a few basically accused her of being lazy and stupid.

She took one less option, so that she gets extra time/lessons to work on her other subjects.

"

That must be so frustrating as parents, especially with her GCSEs looming! Glad she's now getting the extra support

Reply privately

over a year ago

He's a brave guy for sure. I wouldn't feel comfortable encouraging him in the swinging lifestyle though.

From the messages I receive, I'd say a lot of people have dyslexia on here. There seems to be a fair few with ASD and ADHD too. Admittedly, the OP will have challenges with communication and social interaction, but don't see really why it would affect his sex life. In fact, I can think of quite a few scenarios where communication doesn't even come into it.

"

No, because until yesterday be didn't understand the difference between swinging and dating. I fear that that is just the tip of his iceberg. Encourage him if you must, but I will not.

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

This tether is going to run out of space soon. I think I mite haf to open a new 1.

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

No, because until yesterday be didn't understand the difference between swinging and dating. I fear that that is just the tip of his iceberg. Encourage him if you must, but I will not. "

I do under stand difrounce I never sed thay r 100% the same.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No, because until yesterday be didn't understand the difference between swinging and dating. I fear that that is just the tip of his iceberg. Encourage him if you must, but I will not. "

for not wearing 'kid gloves'

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well I think the OP is alright. Apart from the fact I am a sycophant here's why;

1. He posts on the forums; he isn't letting his dyslexia limit him

2. He usually frames his questions in a polite fashion and yes I admit it can be a challenge reading them but 9/10 I get where his perspective lies and I get that he likes to ask questions; we don't have to answer.. we make that choice not him.

3. He is rocking the Tom selleck look and has never asked someone to appraise it; yet they have. Rock whatever look you like I say; if you feel good/confident about it... own it.

4. He sometimes gets a little testy when being battered a bit; but he quickly finds equilibrium again, he doesn't go UNLOS, Hidden or block a ton (not sure on the last one but don't think he is the blocking kind)

5. Forums need all sorts of peeps, he isn't cookie cutter, he's doing HIS thing, not going to knock that.

6. He gets some flak about whether he should be on a swinging site. Fuck that shit. Be where you want, gurus and sultans are usually the unhappiest (I'm dead inside).

So on the measure of it, the OP is another facet of a diverse forum and if we want to be more inclusive and have greater diversity we should say "pull up a pew, do what you do, bring your own kevla")

Reply privately

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

No, because until yesterday be didn't understand the difference between swinging and dating. I fear that that is just the tip of his iceberg. Encourage him if you must, but I will not.

for not wearing 'kid gloves'"

^^^^ Agree

Reply privately

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"Well I think the OP is alright. Apart from the fact I am a sycophant here's why;

1. He posts on the forums; he isn't letting his dyslexia limit him

2. He usually frames his questions in a polite fashion and yes I admit it can be a challenge reading them but 9/10 I get where his perspective lies and I get that he likes to ask questions; we don't have to answer.. we make that choice not him.

3. He is rocking the Tom selleck look and has never asked someone to appraise it; yet they have. Rock whatever look you like I say; if you feel good/confident about it... own it.

4. He sometimes gets a little testy when being battered a bit; but he quickly finds equilibrium again, he doesn't go UNLOS, Hidden or block a ton (not sure on the last one but don't think he is the blocking kind)

5. Forums need all sorts of peeps, he isn't cookie cutter, he's doing HIS thing, not going to knock that.

6. He gets some flak about whether he should be on a swinging site. Fuck that shit. Be where you want, gurus and sultans are usually the unhappiest (I'm dead inside).

So on the measure of it, the OP is another facet of a diverse forum and if we want to be more inclusive and have greater diversity we should say "pull up a pew, do what you do, bring your own kevla")"

Well put

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Dyslexia is the jumbling or words and dyspraxia is the jumbling of numbers "

Actually dyspraxia has nothing to do with numbers.

C&P from Dyspraxia website

What is dyspraxia?

Dyspraxia, a form of developmental coordination disorder (DCD) is a common disorder affecting fine and/or gross motor coordination in children and adults. It may also affect speech. DCD is a lifelong condition, formally recognised by international organisations including the World Health Organisation.

I've cut it short

Reply privately

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Not to put the cat among the pigeons but I have said on many occasions and several times on the thread I have dyslexic, dyscalclus and dyspraxia but not once has the op referred to my comments.

I know I have not used large words so their could be a possibility of a miss understanding.

I have also noticed that some posts by the op are well spelt and grammaticaly correct but all post are grammaticaly correct which is hard if you have dyslexica.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Not to put the cat among the pigeons but I have said on many occasions and several times on the thread I have dyslexic, dyscalclus and dyspraxia but not once has the op referred to my comments.

I know I have not used large words so their could be a possibility of a miss understanding.

I have also noticed that some posts by the op are well spelt and grammaticaly correct but all post are grammaticaly correct which is hard if you have dyslexica. "

You're not alone.

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

OP I've found that you get along fine in the forums. I'd noticed you must have had some spelling issues, but that's not important.

I am guilty of teasing you about looking like Mario though

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

"Not to put the cat among the pigeons but I have said on many occasions and several times on the thread I have dyslexic, dyscalclus and dyspraxia but not once has the op referred to my comments.

I have also noticed that some posts by the op are well spelt and grammaticaly correct but all post are grammaticaly correct which is hard if you have dyslexica. "

Sorry I thort thay war just info posts and you chatting to sumone els.

Reply privately

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I have also noticed that some posts by the op are well spelt and grammaticaly correct but all post are grammaticaly correct which is hard if you have dyslexica.

Sorry I thort thay war just info posts and you chatting to sumone els."

Do you use your phone to write?

If you do use your predicted text it will help it's what I do.

I also went back to adult learning to help with my spelling.

Teaching was what I wanted to do so I haven't let my problems get in the way I worked very hard to get to teach.

Both of my children have learning issues both have dyslexica.

We have battles with homework everyday but I sit and explain things in a clear way.

If I don't know or understand I will find someone who does..

I don't post until I have read something through at least twice and checked my spellings and grammar. I do get I wrong I admit but I do try.

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

Teaching was what I wanted to do so I haven't let my problems get in the way I worked very hard to get to teach.

We have battles with homework everyday but I sit and explain things in a clear way.

I don't post until I have read something through at least twice and checked my spellings and grammar. I do get I wrong I admit but I do try.

"

Im not Shor wot predicted text is but next time im near the fone shop ill pop in to see if I can get it. Or find out how to turn it on. As all I have for shor is my alto spell.

Reply privately

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Im not Shor wot predicted text is but next time im near the fone shop ill pop in to see if I can get it. Or find out how to turn it on. As all I have for shor is my alto spell."

It's normally on the phone and you'd have to turn it off however it will add the words you use and then spell them the way you do as you have used them often.

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

Im not Shor wot predicted text is but next time im near the fone shop ill pop in to see if I can get it. Or find out how to turn it on. As all I have for shor is my alto spell.

It's normally on the phone and you'd have to turn it off however it will add the words you use and then spell them the way you do as you have used them often. "

Dus predicted text corect spelling ?

It sounds like My alto spell cos it... well 80% of the time has a small list of simlour words and wot I've spelt. and at times just corect the word strate away and after a space it has sum words it thinks I will use next. So im not Shor now but it mite be on ????

Reply privately

By *ime for me21Man
over a year ago

skeg

I'm dyslexic spelling I'm crap at. Lernt the words I use the most. The rest are normally a jumble. But there's still alot of people that don't understand the problem. I can explain thing but ask me to write it. Then I'm fucked

Reply privately

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

It's normally on the phone and you'd have to turn it off however it will add the words you use and then spell them the way you do as you have used them often.

Dus predicted text corect spelling ?

It sounds like My alto spell cos it... well 80% of the time has a small list of simlour words and wot I've spelt. and at times just corect the word strate away and after a space it has sum words it thinks I will use next. So im not Shor now but it mite be on ????"

No it gives suggestions normally 3 you then need to work out which is right... If you dont try you won't get better imo

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Dyslexia means that your brain does not recognise words as others do, and jumbles them up, so while the written word looks normal to the person with dyslexia, it just looks like mumbo jumbo to someone else. I have a few friends with this, One lass was also dyslexic with numbers, not just letters, I met her at a livery yard, and while she was having riding lessons, it seemed like each lesson was a first lesson as she couldn't remember what to do, so in the end her parents bought her a pony to learn on... that helped her in so many ways - years later, she went to university and became a vet. "

Dyslexia can manifest itself in lots of different ways. For instance I'm great at reading and can speed read accurately and easily, however I struggle sometimes with writing. I've learned coping strategies over the years (I was diagnosed mid teens) and now I'm a writer - however when I'm tired I still lose the ability to cope very well and that can be a big problem for me.

Dyslexia with numbers is not dyslexia - it's dyscalculia. I have a touch of that one. If I am copying numbers, (like writing down a bank account number for example), I will just put digits the wrong way round without noticing. Even if I check it again afterwards I won't notice the problem. The numbers just go in the wrong order.

Dyslexia is a group of conditions relating to words and their interpretation, while dyscalculia is a group of conditions relating to numbers and their interpretation.

It's important to note that dyslexia and dyscalculia do not affect intelligence. You can be of high intelligence and suffer from the conditions, or you can be of low intelligence and suffer from the conditions. The problem is that many people believe that it's only people of low intelligence - so mine didn't get picked up on until quite late because I was in the top sets at school for Maths, Science and English. However nobody really knew that everything took me three times as long as it should and that I had taught myself ways to cope as a kid. (It was actually noticed when I decided to be a rebel and get a blue tint put on my glasses - suddenly I found myself able to function better...)

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Dyslexia means that your brain does not recognise words as others do, and jumbles them up, so while the written word looks normal to the person with dyslexia, it just looks like mumbo jumbo to someone else. I have a few friends with this, One lass was also dyslexic with numbers, not just letters, I met her at a livery yard, and while she was having riding lessons, it seemed like each lesson was a first lesson as she couldn't remember what to do, so in the end her parents bought her a pony to learn on... that helped her in so many ways - years later, she went to university and became a vet.

Dyslexia can manifest itself in lots of different ways. For instance I'm great at reading and can speed read accurately and easily, however I struggle sometimes with writing. I've learned coping strategies over the years (I was diagnosed mid teens) and now I'm a writer - however when I'm tired I still lose the ability to cope very well and that can be a big problem for me.

Dyslexia with numbers is not dyslexia - it's dyscalculia. I have a touch of that one. If I am copying numbers, (like writing down a bank account number for example), I will just put digits the wrong way round without noticing. Even if I check it again afterwards I won't notice the problem. The numbers just go in the wrong order.

Dyslexia is a group of conditions relating to words and their interpretation, while dyscalculia is a group of conditions relating to numbers and their interpretation.

It's important to note that dyslexia and dyscalculia do not affect intelligence. You can be of high intelligence and suffer from the conditions, or you can be of low intelligence and suffer from the conditions. The problem is that many people believe that it's only people of low intelligence - so mine didn't get picked up on until quite late because I was in the top sets at school for Maths, Science and English. However nobody really knew that everything took me three times as long as it should and that I had taught myself ways to cope as a kid. (It was actually noticed when I decided to be a rebel and get a blue tint put on my glasses - suddenly I found myself able to function better...)"

Reply privately

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"Dyslexia means that your brain does not recognise words as others do, and jumbles them up, so while the written word looks normal to the person with dyslexia, it just looks like mumbo jumbo to someone else. I have a few friends with this, One lass was also dyslexic with numbers, not just letters, I met her at a livery yard, and while she was having riding lessons, it seemed like each lesson was a first lesson as she couldn't remember what to do, so in the end her parents bought her a pony to learn on... that helped her in so many ways - years later, she went to university and became a vet.

It's important to note that dyslexia and dyscalculia do not affect intelligence. You can be of high intelligence and suffer from the conditions, or you can be of low intelligence and suffer from the conditions. The problem is that many people believe that it's only people of low intelligence - so mine didn't get picked up on until quite late because I was in the top sets at school for Maths, Science and English. However nobody really knew that everything took me three times as long as it should and that I had taught myself ways to cope as a kid. (It was actually noticed when I decided to be a rebel and get a blue tint put on my glasses - suddenly I found myself able to function better...)

"

Well said

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well done op for putting this up. Although my immediate family to not have any of the difficulties you have several of my friends kids, who I help with their homework etc do, and my best friend does.

I admire you, and can understand what you say although it can take a minute to work out.

All I can say is good luck and don't let those who have a concern with it let you down. We all have our talents, let those shine through above all else

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If you want to no sumthing about these fill free to arsk a quesjoun. I wood purfour yes or no arnsar quesjouns as thes condishouns r hard to explan if you have them but il try and arnsar them if it needs mor than a yes or no.

I have a job and can not spend all day on my fone so quesjouns may take time to get arnsared. So plees have that thing cald pashounce.

If anyone has dislecic or/and asparagus fill free to post sum info of your simtoums if you want to or even arnsar a quesjon. as its clear lots do not understand us and have no idea how hard it can be at times."

Excellent thread.

Thanks for posting OP.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"

My son-in-law faced the same problem. His mum said she struggled to get help as the teachers just thought he was lazy. It was finally diagnosed when he applied to join the navy.

They gave him extra time for the tests and he excelled, eventually joining the marines.

He's now retraining to be a solicitor.

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

for not wearing 'kid gloves'"

Agree!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If you want to no sumthing about these fill free to arsk a quesjoun. I wood purfour yes or no arnsar quesjouns as thes condishouns r hard to explan if you have them but il try and arnsar them if it needs mor than a yes or no.

If anyone has dislecic or/and asparagus fill free to post sum info of your simtoums if you want to or even arnsar a quesjon. as its clear lots do not understand us and have no idea how hard it can be at times.

Excellent thread.

Thanks for posting OP.

"

Reply privately

By *0tt0nSu3Woman
over a year ago

London

But that is for him to find out. No point of thinking 'shoulda would coulda.' What if's make you bitter.

He's a grown man. He's gotta suck it and see. Pun intended.

OP, go for it. Life is for living. If it doesn't work out, then it doesn't. That's what life is about.

Enjoy and all the best!

Cx

Reply privately

over a year ago

But that is for him to find out. No point of thinking 'shoulda would coulda.' What if's make you bitter.

OP, go for it. Life is for living. If it doesn't work out, then it doesn't. That's what life is about.

Enjoy and all the best!

Cx "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Enjoy and all the best!

Cx "

This.

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

Enjoy and all the best!

Cx

This. "

Yep

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Enjoy and all the best!

Cx "

Indeed!

Reply privately

By *eeside OP   Man
over a year ago

BUMP

I think this needs bumping up so sum can have a reed throw it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I like you OP, I find you very brave.

You have all my respect.

Even if it does mean nothing lol

Reply privately

By *adyDangerWoman
over a year ago

land of debauchery and kink

"BUMP

I think this needs bumping up so sum can have a reed throw it. "

Lots of posts on the subject don't see the need to bump a 7 week old thread. But hey that's just me and I'm in a bitch of a mood

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/11/16 17:38:07]

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Op its 7 weeks since you posted this. Do you think your time on fab has done anything to help.

Yes

No

About the same.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/11/16 17:41:42]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Good luck dude.

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

From an outsiders point of view, less and less are going on about your dyslexia and when they do someone usually puts them in their place. Your threads always get a good response and i think we went a whole thread without a comment reply

Reply privately