Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

piggy bank

Jump to newest

By *ilke0131 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

For years, I have kept small change in a piggy bank. There is now over £150. I don't need the money. After all, it's what was left in my touser pocket at the end of the day. Where should I send it? Oxfam? Battered wives? My old College? Suggestions/Justifications please. I will post the results in 24 hrs.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Any mental health charity, they're way to underfunded and could help bring someone back from the brink.

We've very bitter and sad experiences of what happens when help hasn't been sought or wasn't available.

By *ilke0131 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Thank you. You are the first to respond and as a ptsd-type, I can go along with the suggestion. J.

over a year ago

Your local hospice

over a year ago

"For years, I have kept small change in a piggy bank. There is now over £150. I don't need the money. After all, it's what was left in my touser pocket at the end of the day. Where should I send it? Oxfam? Battered wives? My old College? Suggestions/Justifications please. I will post the results in 24 hrs."

maybe a friend,family member or neighbour...

By *nkySwitchTV/TS
over a year ago

Stirling

Combat Stress

By *auren001Woman
over a year ago

birmingham

Chrones and colitis charity

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Guide dogs for the blind

Arch

Any mental health charity

Or even a local hospital unit.

over a year ago

PDSA

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Any local charity that has minimal overheads for directors, bonuses etc. I put mine into a charity that is run by volunteers, so no wages, they have no assets and more than 99% of their income provides a service to people.

Choose the cause that fits your heart. Think of hospices, services for the severely disabled, the abused - people or animals, those whose life is drastically cut in scope for whatever reason

By *auren001Woman
over a year ago

birmingham

"Any local charity that has minimal overheads for directors, bonuses etc. I put mine into a charity that is run by volunteers, so no wages, they have no assets and more than 99% of their income provides a service to people.

Choose the cause that fits your heart. Think of hospices, services for the severely disabled, the abused - people or animals, those whose life is drastically cut in scope for whatever reason "

That's actually a great answer. I do look for the "how much of the money I donate actually reaches the people who need it' as it's quite shocking with some of the larger organisations how much goes to other sources although they have their reasons too

By *ilke0131 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Thank you for your contribution. It's hard to tell where such an small sum should go: guys begging on Waverley steps, horses neglected, ads on day-time tv... You name it

J.

Post new Message to Thread