Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

upcycling

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

now i have the house to myself i can get on with some of the little things ive been wanting to do for a while - have managed to create some space and been on the hunt for one or two bits and bobs - ive just been and bought a hall table - with two small drawers under the top and a shelf at the bottom for 15 quid - solid wood - trying to decide whether to sand down - stain and/or re varnish or to trend it up a little bit - going to spend weeks now i guess looking at ideas - its a thing to do over the winter- anybody else do this

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I love to up cycle but time lets me down. I purchased a pot of Annie Sloan Paris grey to do my living room furniture with back in April and it's still say unused. I did all my bedroom furniture in charcoal though it just needs another lick of paint now as looking more shabby than chic

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We have things waiting to be upcycled and have done a small, hall table and are halfway through a book case. We have a dining table and chairs to do and always look for pieces in charity shops. It's great fun

By *eliz NelsonMan
over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

Yep! Looking for a couple of old/new wardrobes for the same thing

By *rcticFoxxxWoman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

Made a 'wall mounted bed side storage system' and a 'free standing beauty organising unit' out of bits of wood in the shed if that counts...

over a year ago

ok - question for those who have done it before - i have some white furniture paint chalk finish i think it is - daughter bought it - i dont think i want white so might add to it with a colour - just ideas at the mo and thinking as i go - do i need to varnish over this or is it fairly hard wearing stuff

By *inzi LTV/TS
over a year ago

The Garden of Eden in Beautiful North Wales

Could someone upcycle me please?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Also Mr N has plans for upcycling some furniture for "alternative" BDSM uses.

over a year ago

"Also Mr N has plans for upcycling some furniture for "alternative" BDSM uses. "

like it - im on the lookout for a chaise longue or some other such shagseat

By *eliz NelsonMan
over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

"Also Mr N has plans for upcycling some furniture for "alternative" BDSM uses. "

Now theres an idea for a 'make-over' show I would definitely watch

over a year ago

"ok - question for those who have done it before - i have some white furniture paint chalk finish i think it is - daughter bought it - i dont think i want white so might add to it with a colour - just ideas at the mo and thinking as i go - do i need to varnish over this or is it fairly hard wearing stuff"

Chalk paint needs finishing, they usually say finish with hard wax. I did that on my bedroom furniture but every bump has chipped it so I think I would go for a varnish it I was to do it again

over a year ago

"ok - question for those who have done it before - i have some white furniture paint chalk finish i think it is - daughter bought it - i dont think i want white so might add to it with a colour - just ideas at the mo and thinking as i go - do i need to varnish over this or is it fairly hard wearing stuff

Chalk paint needs finishing, they usually say finish with hard wax. I did that on my bedroom furniture but every bump has chipped it so I think I would go for a varnish it I was to do it again"

thanks - this table will probably end up in the hall so will get a lot of traffic - so will do the finishing thing as well - been looking at ideas and some people have mentioned fusion paint as opposed to the chalk finish ones - hmmmm

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Also Mr N has plans for upcycling some furniture for "alternative" BDSM uses.

like it - im on the lookout for a chaise longue or some other such shagseat "

Very cool

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Now theres an idea for a 'make-over' show I would definitely watch "

we should put it to channel 4...might even tempt Mary Berry over

over a year ago

we should put it to channel 4...might even tempt Mary Berry over "

alternative diy

over a year ago

"ok - question for those who have done it before - i have some white furniture paint chalk finish i think it is - daughter bought it - i dont think i want white so might add to it with a colour - just ideas at the mo and thinking as i go - do i need to varnish over this or is it fairly hard wearing stuff

Chalk paint needs finishing, they usually say finish with hard wax. I did that on my bedroom furniture but every bump has chipped it so I think I would go for a varnish it I was to do it again

thanks - this table will probably end up in the hall so will get a lot of traffic - so will do the finishing thing as well - been looking at ideas and some people have mentioned fusion paint as opposed to the chalk finish ones - hmmmm "

My friend did hers in valspar furniture paint and it has a nicer finish to mine and I spent a couple of hundred pounds on my Annie Sloan and the brushes etc

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

Yeah I do,I enjoy painting furniture and tarting it up

over a year ago

thanks - this table will probably end up in the hall so will get a lot of traffic - so will do the finishing thing as well - been looking at ideas and some people have mentioned fusion paint as opposed to the chalk finish ones - hmmmm

My friend did hers in valspar furniture paint and it has a nicer finish to mine and I spent a couple of hundred pounds on my Annie Sloan and the brushes etc "

it is expensive stuff

over a year ago

Osmo polyx hard wax is brilliant over painted furniture, really hard wearing. I've upcycled a few things, my favourite being a wall mounted shoe rack made from old pallets. I've got a long list of stuff I still need to do. I'm going to make a pulley clothes airer out of baby stair gates next.

Nell

By *eliz NelsonMan
over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

we should put it to channel 4...might even tempt Mary Berry over

alternative diy "

Alternative DIY?

Mmm!Lets put Mary Berry in a swing, teased by a magic wand and Mel and Sue speechless, jaws dropping in the background

Post new Message to Thread