Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

some people just have no respect

Jump to newest

By *ichaelangela OP   Couple
over a year ago

notts

Attended the funeral of a close family member today, the crematorium was about a 10 mile drive away, as we are travelling along, could not believe that drivers would not let the cortage travel together, ok, they may have had the right of way but really?

at one traffic island, the hearse got through when a car came speeding round the roundabout and tucked itself nicely in between the hearse and the first funeral car

just no respect anymore, so sad

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Attended the funeral of a close family member today, the crematorium was about a 10 mile drive away, as we are travelling along, could not believe that drivers would not let the cortage travel together, ok, they may have had the right of way but really?

at one traffic island, the hearse got through when a car came speeding round the roundabout and tucked itself nicely in between the hearse and the first funeral car

just no respect anymore, so sad"

i have noticed this but ive also noticed people still standing and showing respect when a hearse goes by

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

You can get those things with crosses on to put on your car roof to show your in a courtage

By *cduck and Blue eyesCouple
over a year ago

nr chester

[Removed by poster at 26/09/16 19:56:28]

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Everybody is in a rush now days

Got to get to work

Got to pick the kids up etc

sadly even a funeral cant get in the way

One a serious note though it can be hard to tell where the line stops if its busy

over a year ago

Sadly the motto of many today is 'First come I, then come I, then come I again'.

over a year ago

"Everybody is in a rush now days

Got to get to work

One a serious note though it can be hard to tell where the line stops if its busy"

It's not normally the people in a rush that act this way. People with genuinely busy lives get organised and don't need to act like savages. Then there are just chaotic narcissistic types who do this kind of thing.

over a year ago

I saw a horse drawn funeral procession last wk. Absolutely breath taking to see but impatient cars were zooming past. Not only disrespectful but dangerous too

By *ichaelangela OP   Couple
over a year ago

notts

Got to get to work

One a serious note though it can be hard to tell where the line stops if its busy"

on this occasion, the 5 black limo's gave it away that it was a funeral procession

over a year ago

Oh god if I did it accidentally I'd be beyond mortified. I still stand still as the line of cars pass and get mad when others don't.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Got to get to work

One a serious note though it can be hard to tell where the line stops if its busy

on this occasion, the 5 black limo's gave it away that it was a funeral procession"

I would find it disrespectful.

over a year ago

When I used to do a lot of mountain biking I would stop and take my helmet off as a sign of respect. I still stand still when one goes past if I am walking.

over a year ago

I would say respect is declining in society in general....my dad still stops and takes his bunnet off when he sees a funeral car....I hope my kids do that when they grow up x

Post new Message to Thread