Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Small minded age restrictions

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm pissed off because I see people who appeal to me so I look at their profile and see they are looking for a person with my body type height etc but then I can't message them because I'm a year to old! Fuck

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *echnosonic_BrummieMan
over a year ago

Willenhall

Presumably, you have no age restriction on your profile?

Reply privately

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

I'm generally attracted to people around my own age, so I really couldn't give a toss who I piss off by my age restriction of 25-35.

We all come into this lifestyle looking for different things and people should respect those wishes no matter how frustrating it may be

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Presumably, you have no age restriction on your profile?"

I've added it out of spite

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Happens to us all

Reply privately

By *icassolifelikeMan
over a year ago

Luton

I feel the same brother! Only my gripe is I ain't black!!

Reply privately

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

"I feel the same brother! Only my gripe is I ain't black!! "

That's so annoying!

Turn a white guy down, and they don't ask if it's because they're white....

If I turn you down, it's because I don't fancy you (or you are too far away). It's not because of your skin colour...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Shit happens, move on.

Reply privately

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I got told I was to old at 35!!!! Lol though we did have a play later and a very good one

Reply privately

By *orwegian BlueMan
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Cest la vie...if it's any consolation, you didn't miss anything..she's a terrible shag, fanny like a hippos yawn..

Reply privately

over a year ago

My age restriction is 35 plus because I like them older I've had people message a lot younger and had people that are 34 message for a meet too, it's there for a reason no exceptions anymore! I just reply polite no thanks

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's their perogative, stop sulking and move on. XXX

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Small minded gender restrictions.

Some 'straight' guys offer their mouths to give a blow job and then find another one has blocked their gender. How small minded can some people be

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why do some people feel the need to explain themselves

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wonder what preferences qualify for small mindedness and which are reasonable?

Age, body type, martial status, cock size, location etc - personally I think any that exclude me are terribly small minded. Whereas where I fit their criteria then they're perfectly reasonable

Reply privately

over a year ago

Perhaps you will pop up on their radar in this thread?

Oh wait that may not work now.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I changed my age range recently (rose it tens years) because I know a woman In her 50s, and she's very hot. And realised how ridiculous it is to restrict somebody because of age. Age doesn't determine if I'm attracted to them after all.

And I always thought I only fancied 35-40 year olds. Even better if born in March. .

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

[Removed by poster at 26/09/16 07:32:39]

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"I'm pissed off because I see people who appeal to me so I look at their profile and see they are looking for a person with my body type height etc but then I can't message them because I'm a year to old! Fuck "

Diddums

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm pissed off because I see people who appeal to me so I look at their profile and see they are looking for a person with my body type height etc but then I can't message them because I'm a year to old! Fuck "

What's small minded about that?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm still not seeing where the small mindedness is?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Life goes on

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm pissed off because I see people who appeal to me so I look at their profile and see they are looking for a person with my body type height etc but then I can't message them because I'm a year to old! Fuck

What's small minded about that?"

.....excuse me... sorry for butting in.. we're a bit lost you see.. can anyone direct us to...

Idemandashag.com?...Thanks

Reply privately

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

That's the point of filters, to stop those outside your preferences messaging.

Would you have been less pissed off, if you could message them and they either deleted or said thanks but no thanks.

Do you want to meet every age group?

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/09/16 08:20:32]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm pissed off because I see people who appeal to me so I look at their profile and see they are looking for a person with my body type height etc but then I can't message them because I'm a year to old! Fuck

What's small minded about that?.....excuse me... sorry for butting in.. we're a bit lost you see.. can anyone direct us to...

Idemandashag.com?...Thanks "

Isn't that what a lot of single guys think that this site is called, Idemandashag.com.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I feel the same brother! Only my gripe is I ain't black!!

That's so annoying!

Turn a white guy down, and they don't ask if it's because they're white....

If I turn you down, it's because I don't fancy you (or you are too far away). It's not because of your skin colour..."

Wrong.

I've many messages asking if I'm not 'into white guys' because I haven't replied to their first message...

Reply privately

By *estlands4Man
over a year ago

Sidmouth

The age restriction can be annoying to those who put filters on as if you have been on fab for a number of years I'm guessing the majority won't do an annual review of their settings so whereas when they first joined they may have thought 50 they may still be putting 50 five years later - I've noticed that since I turned 51 I'm blocked from writing to so many more people who I could have written to when I was 50 - if you think about it all those people will have aged by a year the same as me but due to filters.... it's choice I know and I can but accept it but perhaps the filters should be instead of an age a distance either side of the persons age... if that makes sense??

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The age restriction can be annoying to those who put filters on as if you have been on fab for a number of years I'm guessing the majority won't do an annual review of their settings so whereas when they first joined they may have thought 50 they may still be putting 50 five years later - I've noticed that since I turned 51 I'm blocked from writing to so many more people who I could have written to when I was 50 - if you think about it all those people will have aged by a year the same as me but due to filters.... it's choice I know and I can but accept it but perhaps the filters should be instead of an age a distance either side of the persons age... if that makes sense?? "

Why should it though? I currently like to meet men around my age or a bit older. But when I'm 55 I might just want young men. Should all 50 year old men be barred from contacting, say, a 27 year old who was into older men?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm sure it can be frustrating but we all have our preferences.

If I like the look of someone outside my age range, I'll message them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The only people moaning on here seems to be the ones that have been excluded by age restrictions.

Why not just live with it and accept that people make choices?

We all have to live by the same rules.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The age restriction can be annoying to those who put filters on as if you have been on fab for a number of years I'm guessing the majority won't do an annual review of their settings so whereas when they first joined they may have thought 50 they may still be putting 50 five years later - I've noticed that since I turned 51 I'm blocked from writing to so many more people who I could have written to when I was 50 - if you think about it all those people will have aged by a year the same as me but due to filters.... it's choice I know and I can but accept it but perhaps the filters should be instead of an age a distance either side of the persons age... if that makes sense??

Why should it though? I currently like to meet men around my age or a bit older. But when I'm 55 I might just want young men. Should all 50 year old men be barred from contacting, say, a 27 year old who was into older men? "

..I've just had a great idea. ...why not let everyone set their own filters, so we all can meet up with the age groups that we're interested in?...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The age restriction can be annoying to those who put filters on as if you have been on fab for a number of years I'm guessing the majority won't do an annual review of their settings so whereas when they first joined they may have thought 50 they may still be putting 50 five years later - I've noticed that since I turned 51 I'm blocked from writing to so many more people who I could have written to when I was 50 - if you think about it all those people will have aged by a year the same as me but due to filters.... it's choice I know and I can but accept it but perhaps the filters should be instead of an age a distance either side of the persons age... if that makes sense??

Why should it though? I currently like to meet men around my age or a bit older. But when I'm 55 I might just want young men. Should all 50 year old men be barred from contacting, say, a 27 year old who was into older men? "

How dare you come on here with reasoned arguments and common sense, pointless outrage is the only way to go

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why should it though? I currently like to meet men around my age or a bit older. But when I'm 55 I might just want young men. Should all 50 year old men be barred from contacting, say, a 27 year old who was into older men? ..I've just had a great idea. ...why not let everyone set their own filters, so we all can meet up with the age groups that we're interested in?... "

That's a brilliant idea, someone should set it up! Oh wait...

Reply privately

By *estlands4Man
over a year ago

Sidmouth

No not at all I personally don't like any age filters - but then I'm a bloke - my point was that someone who could be interested in me 12 months ago when I was 50 I now can't nesssge if they have their filter set at 50 yet the age gap between us is still the same - and from a personal point of view I'm in better shape than a lot of men younger than me - I guess any filters are general and I realise why they are there but it can still be annoying if you tick all the boxes but fail because you've just had your birthday lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

dont worry - so many people here theres plenty to go round - the rest can be your fantasies

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why should it though? I currently like to meet men around my age or a bit older. But when I'm 55 I might just want young men. Should all 50 year old men be barred from contacting, say, a 27 year old who was into older men?

No not at all I personally don't like any age filters - but then I'm a bloke - my point was that someone who could be interested in me 12 months ago when I was 50 I now can't nesssge if they have their filter set at 50 yet the age gap between us is still the same - and from a personal point of view I'm in better shape than a lot of men younger than me - I guess any filters are general and I realise why they are there but it can still be annoying if you tick all the boxes but fail because you've just had your birthday lol "

We understand those frustrations but it is just that you no longer fit what they are looking for.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No not at all I personally don't like any age filters - but then I'm a bloke - my point was that someone who could be interested in me 12 months ago when I was 50 I now can't nesssge if they have their filter set at 50 yet the age gap between us is still the same - and from a personal point of view I'm in better shape than a lot of men younger than me - I guess any filters are general and I realise why they are there but it can still be annoying if you tick all the boxes but fail because you've just had your birthday lol "

But if it's not that it could be something else, or something else. I get that it's annoying, but you might also be annoyed if you were within their age limits but they couldn't meet you because they were too busy fucking that person who was outside those limits.

Reply privately

over a year ago

We get a lot of mail from guys older than the age range we have specified.

Mainly because despite it being in massive capital letters at the top of our profile saying "SINGLE GUYS PLEASE READ OUR WHOLE ADD" 99% don't.

We have a "polite no thank you" type paragraph we now copy and paste to people who take the time to write a nice, decent message with some content.

Those with 2/5 words we delete.

Some guys take offence and write back stuff like how can I be too old when I'm only 3 years older than you but as others have said its about personal choice, we prefer meeting younger people.

You can't please all of the people all of the time.....

Reply privately

By *estlands4Man
over a year ago

Sidmouth

No not at all I personally don't like any age filters - but then I'm a bloke - my point was that someone who could be interested in me 12 months ago when I was 50 I now can't nesssge if they have their filter set at 50 yet the age gap between us is still the same - and from a personal point of view I'm in better shape than a lot of men younger than me - I guess any filters are general and I realise why they are there but it can still be annoying if you tick all the boxes but fail because you've just had your birthday lol

But if it's not that it could be something else, or something else. I get that it's annoying, but you might also be annoyed if you were within their age limits but they couldn't meet you because they were too busy fucking that person who was outside those limits."

Exactly bloody annoying people on fab always doing their best to spoil my fun!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't get what your all moaning about there is thousands of people on here if you carnt hook up with someone it's because your cracks shit deal with it and move on spend your time looking for someone instead of moaning lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's the height aspect of things with me OP! See a nice lady, read her profile, ticks all the boxes, then I see those dreaded three words, "must be tall"! Darn it....

I need one of those medieval rack torture devices I think, that should sort my height issue out!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Damn those people and their preferences. Burn them at the stake.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's all about preferences so put your dummy back in

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's all about preferences so put your dummy back in "

But all they want to do is moan.,..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Damn those people and their preferences. Burn them at the stake."

I agree

Far better than burning witches

Can I watch?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why should it though? I currently like to meet men around my age or a bit older. But when I'm 55 I might just want young men. Should all 50 year old men be barred from contacting, say, a 27 year old who was into older men? ..I've just had a great idea. ...why not let everyone set their own filters, so we all can meet up with the age groups that we're interested in?...

That's a brilliant idea, someone should set it up! Oh wait... "

....I knew it !!!!.. its because we aren't in the clique. .isn't it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cliques

Reply privately

By *estlands4Man
over a year ago

Sidmouth

Can I join?? Pretty please xx

Reply privately

By *lactontogMan
over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

Being 55 I'm out of most ladies age limits but if I see someone I do like local or wherever on my travels / parties/ shoots etc I try to meet them in person...usually gets results lol.

Its not all about rushing, making friends with people works far better than a quick shag fix.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Awaits thread hijack from those "not in cliques"

Reply privately

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

We'd only get a thread bemoaning the message was unread/ deleted/ not replied to .. etc..

Wait till you get to 52 like me .. then ...then ... I've forgotten what I was going to say.. I'm 52 you know ..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Being 55 I'm out of most ladies age limits but if I see someone I do like local or wherever on my travels / parties/ shoots etc I try to meet them in person...usually gets results lol.

Its not all about rushing, making friends with people works far better than a quick shag fix.

"

That's why we don't use filters....

Because occasionally we will get a mail reply from a guy outside the age range we usually prefer and think "hmm that's interesting".

If we filtered age ranges we might miss that "gold nugget" that we wouldn't otherwise hear from.

We prefer younger guys but it isn't (like most things) absolutely set in stone.

Now we did say earlier we get a lot of mail from people older than the age range we are looking for and send out polite "no thanks" to those taking time to write decent replies but we are not TOTALLY against the idea of those outside our preferred age range.

We actually find older people usually take more time with their replies and read profiles

Reply privately

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

Well OP all I will say is chat in the forums, We have been chatting to a lovely lady who fabbed our profile pic & sent us a complimentary message. I am 10yrs above her age restriction and we trying to organise a meet.

S

Reply privately

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"Damn those people and their preferences. Burn them at the stake."

No, that takes too long.

Just shoot them, far quicker.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We'd only get a thread bemoaning the message was unread/ deleted/ not replied to .. etc..

Wait till you get to 52 like me .. then ...then ... I've forgotten what I was going to say.. I'm 52 you know ..

"

fortunately we no longer have stairs, this reduces to nil the number of times we go up them only to discover we have no idea what we're up there for.

Once you find yourself knocking on the door of 60 you're pretty much out of anybody but the most discernings () age range.

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"I'm still not seeing where the small mindedness is? "

I think it's a 'preference' if he meets the criteria, and 'small minded' if he doesn't

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why should it though? I currently like to meet men around my age or a bit older. But when I'm 55 I might just want young men. Should all 50 year old men be barred from contacting, say, a 27 year old who was into older men? ..I've just had a great idea. ...why not let everyone set their own filters, so we all can meet up with the age groups that we're interested in?... "

What a splendid idea, I can't believe it hasn't been thought of before

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why should it though? I currently like to meet men around my age or a bit older. But when I'm 55 I might just want young men. Should all 50 year old men be barred from contacting, say, a 27 year old who was into older men? ..I've just had a great idea. ...why not let everyone set their own filters, so we all can meet up with the age groups that we're interested in?...

What a splendid idea, I can't believe it hasn't been thought of before "

....Please. ...you're making us blush...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's the height aspect of things with me OP! See a nice lady, read her profile, ticks all the boxes, then I see those dreaded three words, "must be tall"! Darn it....

I need one of those medieval rack torture devices I think, that should sort my height issue out! "

There is a difference. If I said I was 35 people would believe it because I actually look about 35. Funny thing is I'm 45. Born 71. Just aged well. Your height is your height, it isn't subjective to quantify.

I'm moaning because I know guys who look my my dad can contact these people but I'm too old but only chronologically.

Real differences between what people want aren't what I'm upset about...

I know this because I get messages first from people who I'm out of range for.

Reply privately

By *opedick89Man
over a year ago

Midlands

I agree op many women missing out due to age restrictions some even leaving the site saying they never found what they where after but you can't even contact them i feel the pain

P's I'm into older women that ain't after just a quick fumble I like to play

Reply privately

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

Don't people lie about their ages to get around the age restriction thing

Reply privately

over a year ago

really? 39 seems a odd cut off point

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/09/16 10:58:31]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I agree op many women missing out due to age restrictions some even leaving the site saying they never found what they where after but you can't even contact them i feel the pain

P's I'm into older women that ain't after just a quick fumble I like to play "

Why are they missing out? I don't get that statement at all. If they have age filters, it means they don't want to meet a person outside of that age bracket, therefore they're not missing out on something they never wanted in the first place.

Is it really that difficult to understand and respect a persons preferences?

Reply privately

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Malmesbury

There's quite often something on a profile that 'eliminates' you.

With the OP, he may be the right size, shape, sex and even age but he can't accomodate - quack, quack, ooops - eliminated!

It happens to is all, and it's all part of the Fab experiance - so enjoy!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I agree op many women missing out due to age restrictions some even leaving the site saying they never found what they where after but you can't even contact them i feel the pain

Why are they missing out? I don't get that statement at all. If they have age filters, it means they don't want to meet a person outside of that age bracket, therefore they're not missing out on something they never wanted in the first place.

Is it really that difficult to understand and respect a persons preferences? "

i dont get that either

I get everything i want from fab even with my age restrictions, what exactly am i missing out on?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is it really that difficult to understand and respect a persons preferences? "

There's a big difference. If a lady specifies 6 feet tall that's fair enough. There's no possible way that restriction can rule out anyone you want to meet if you only like 6 feet tall men.

If you fancy guys around 35 and a guy looks 35 it makes no actual difference what age he is - see? The age limit PRESUMES nobody looks younger or older than the average!

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/09/16 11:06:52]

Reply privately

over a year ago

But 50 is the oldest they'll meet. Regardless of whether they have aged a year, I'm guessing they are younger than you anyway? I say my oldest is 45... But in all honestly, my own age is my ultimate preferance. Ive just turned 39, but havent changed my oldest range to 46.

Reply privately

over a year ago

i dont get that either

I get everything i want from fab even with my age restrictions, what exactly am i missing out on?"

Best fuck of your life maybe. You'l never know sadly

Reply privately

over a year ago

There's a big difference. If a lady specifies 6 feet tall that's fair enough. There's no possible way that restriction can rule out anyone you want to meet if you only like 6 feet tall men.

If you fancy guys around 35 and a guy looks 35 it makes no actual difference what age he is - see? The age limit PRESUMES nobody looks younger or older than the average! "

but that person has stated they want to meet someone under 35. Looks and apparent age doesn't come into it if you have a definite limit.

Im 40, I look younger but if someone filters me out for being 40....it's just how it is. I don't start stomping my feet and throwing a strop.

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

OP, accept and respect that like yourself other's have preferences too..

concentrating on those within said preferences will mean your use of the site will be a positive one..

just a thought..

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm on another site where the age limit is set in stone - and blocks anyone outside that range, from messaging.

At least here, you can specify a preferred range but still allow other people to message.

I set an age range for meets but I'm still happy to talk with people outside that spectrum.

That choice is a separate setting. If you are age-blocked, then that person has made a deliberate decision to exclude you, for whatever reason. (The block tells you there is no wriggle-room, therefore they arent interested).

Instead of actual numbers, it would be handy to specify a range each side of your present age (eg -20 to +5yrs). That way, the window would automatically adjust every year.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Preferences... We all have them. I review mine regularly depending on what I'm looking for. I change my age ranges and I change my location.

Whilst you feel you're missing out on one ( that might not even like you ) , there's plenty more that will appeal

Reply privately

over a year ago

I thought I'd be cleaver and restrict from 99 to 18.

That just completely blocked anyone new from messaging.

It's a blonde thing.

How's my new look

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's the height aspect of things with me OP! See a nice lady, read her profile, ticks all the boxes, then I see those dreaded three words, "must be tall"! Darn it....

I need one of those medieval rack torture devices I think, that should sort my height issue out!

There is a difference. If I said I was 35 people would believe it because I actually look about 35. Funny thing is I'm 45. Born 71. Just aged well. Your height is your height, it isn't subjective to quantify.

I'm moaning because I know guys who look my my dad can contact these people but I'm too old but only chronologically.

"

Sooooo if you're 45 why does your profile say you're 40 OP?

Reply privately

over a year ago

" but that person has stated they want to meet someone under 35. Looks and apparent age doesn't come into it if you have a definite limit.

Im 40, I look younger but if someone filters me out for being 40....it's just how it is. I don't start stomping my feet and throwing a strop."

Looks and apparent age DOES come in to it!

That's what it's about! The reason people are restricting people over my actual age is because, in most if not all cases, BECAUSE they WANT a guy who looks like me not a guy who looks 45.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sooooo if you're 45 why does your profile say you're 40 OP? "

typo

Reply privately

over a year ago

So actually, you're 6 years above their preference, not just 1. Age and age preferences aren't purely about looks. I don't like meeting younger men. A 24 year old could look haggard as fuck and look older than me, I still don't want to meet them. A 60 year old could look 40, I still don't want to meet them. People much older or younger than me, in my experience, don't get my sense of humour of my jokes or my cultural references and I just don't enjoy myself as much meeting them. A lot of people's stated preferences are already wider than what they usually like, specifically to catch all of those outliers who would otherwise miss out by a year or two despite apparently defying ageing. Mine certainly are.

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

as i got older i lowered my age range also im a 51 year old smoker, when im looking to message people first thing i do is check whether i fit the age range and will meet smokers.

Plus id never dream of chancing it if i was a couple of years to old i just simply move to the next profile

Reply privately

over a year ago

Surely it is a decision to be made by the lady herself? ?

If you fancy guys around 35 and a guy looks 35 it makes no actual difference what age he is - see? The age limit PRESUMES nobody looks younger or older than the average! "

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't feel dishonest because my actual is misleading and would more likely cause surprise and disappointment. People expecting a 45 year old men won't expect me.

I'd hate to mislead and disappoint those hoping for a beer belly, 4 chins and a bald head.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So clear up for us. Are you 40 or 45?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't feel dishonest because my actual is misleading and would more likely cause surprise and disappointment. People expecting a 45 year old men won't expect me.

I'd hate to mislead and disappoint those hoping for a beer belly, 4 chins and a bald head.

"

But you ARE a 45 year old man. Your age is more than just what you look like.

Reply privately

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Oh you did lie

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe I'm missing a trick......

I'm now 25 again. Woohoo! Nobody will notice

Reply privately

over a year ago

"My age restriction is 35 plus because I like them older I've had people message a lot younger and had people that are 34 message for a meet too, it's there for a reason no exceptions anymore! I just reply polite no thanks "

1 more year to go :p

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Maybe I'm missing a trick......

I'm now 25 again. Woohoo! Nobody will notice "

I didn't sleep well and look knackered. I'm off to change my age to 55 and pull one of those men looking for mature women.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't feel dishonest because my actual is misleading and would more likely cause surprise and disappointment. People expecting a 45 year old men won't expect me.

"

Wow, that's very unattractive.

Your mindset, not the fat guy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

and I love baldies....

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

How about this for an idea. Just put facts in your profile and let the other party make their own decisions?

Someone lying about one aspect just sows seeds of doubt about what else might not be true.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Id like a height restriction added to the filters.. wud save me having to check time n time again :p

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How about this for an idea. Just put facts in your profile and let the other party make their own decisions?

Someone lying about one aspect just sows seeds of doubt about what else might not be true.

"

There had to be one..........

Saying things that are sensible

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Shit! At which month of being given 45 do these kick in?

I mean I need to know to make sure I'll have clothes that fit and I've used the last of my hair products

Reply privately

over a year ago

We have age restrictions. We never used to block people outside of those restrictions from messaging us, but the number of people who are outside of our age range who really believe they look younger is staggering. I got tired of responding to the messages. It's not like I could say "No, you really don't look like you're 35." That would have been rude.

Anyway, it's not an exact science. We've played with people in clubs who were outside of our age range here. But on the internet it's easier to just set our age restrictions and not think too much about it. I've never felt like it was missing out because of them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So OP just so me and miss are clear, you put an age related status up and lied about your age?

Or have we misread?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"and I love baldies...."

Pfft *flips hair*

Reply privately

over a year ago

well in my defence, I've been very open starting a thread to say my actual age

Not exactly standard practice among liars I think you will find.

Yep I set it wrong but that's just to not be missed in searches. Anyone who meets me would get to know me properly.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"and I love baldies....

Pfft *flips hair* "

My mistake, I meant blondes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

How dare people not want to meet people of the age that you are not

Reply privately

over a year ago

"and I love baldies....

Pfft *flips hair*

"

Better

Reply privately

over a year ago

Where's the head meets wall emoji

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How dare people not want to meet people of the age that you are not"

I know right donkeys

Reply privately

over a year ago

"and I love baldies....

Pfft *flips hair*

Better "

aaaaaand baldies.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"and I love baldies....

Pfft *flips hair*

Better

aaaaaand baldies."

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

You have a strange misconception of people aged 45 and over.

We know many who are in fantastic condition.

However the fact remains that people set an age range, just as we do.

We would not want anyone saying "well I look younger", we would just expect our profile choices to be accepted and respected.

Simple really.

Reply privately

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"Id like a height restriction added to the filters.. wud save me having to check time n time again :p"

There already is one.

You just need to insist all messages start with a secret password that consists solely of buttons on the top row of the keyboard.

Us shorties can't reach them

Mr ddc

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Id like a height restriction added to the filters.. wud save me having to check time n time again :p

There already is one.

You just need to insist all messages start with a secret password that consists solely of buttons on the top row of the keyboard.

Us shorties can't reach them

Mr ddc"

Reply privately

By *cduck and Blue eyesCouple
over a year ago

nr chester

Shit! At which month of being given 45 do these kick in?

I mean I need to know to make sure I'll have clothes that fit and I've used the last of my hair products"

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/09/16 12:20:50]

Reply privately

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple
over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

"Why do some people feel the need to explain themselves "
i once got accused of not wanting to let a lad fuck my wife because i was scared she would get a real fuck off a real man as if the veris dont tell the story

Reply privately

By *uddlybear2015Man
over a year ago

BEDFORD

I've had the "not my type" messages,and tbh just wish them well and move on. Anyway at my age trying to keep up with a spring chicken is the stuff of dreams!

Reply privately

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"

So what you're actually saying is, "the fake persona I set up on here is too old and it's the other person's fault"?

When you set up your next profile, perhaps you could consider the username "someone_else" instead.

#justsayin

Reply privately

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

"Don't people lie about their ages to get around the age restriction thing "

No, but just sometimes I wish I bloody had

S

Reply privately

over a year ago

So what you're actually saying is, "the fake persona I set up on here is too old and it's the other person's fault"?

When you set up your next profile, perhaps you could consider the username "someone_else" instead.

#justsayin

"

No. That's what your saying... Because your stupid. Having my age incorrect does not make it a fake persona, certainly not when I start threads about my real age.

Reply privately

over a year ago

In fact I'll set my age at 35 and put in my profile I'm 45

Reply privately

over a year ago

#justsayin

No. That's what your saying... Because your stupid. Having my age incorrect does not make it a fake persona, certainly not when I start threads about my real age.

"

But you didn't start a thread about your real age, you started a thread because people won't meet you off your made up age, it wasn't until much later in to thread you said you were actually 45

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"well in my defence, I've been very open starting a thread to say my actual age

Yep I set it wrong but that's just to not be missed in searches. Anyone who meets me would get to know me properly."

That's not true at all. You set up a thread complaining about age restrictions. Halfway down someone discovered you were lying about your age. fFrst you said it was typo and later you admitted it, but claimed in your case it was ok.

Do you know when you are doing it???

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yep I set it wrong but that's just to not be missed in searches. Anyone who meets me would get to know me properly.

That's not true at all. You set up a thread complaining about age restrictions. Halfway down someone discovered you were lying about your age. fFrst you said it was typo and later you admitted it, but claimed in your case it was ok.

Do you know when you are doing it???"

Snap

Reply privately

over a year ago

#justsayin

But you didn't start a thread about your real age, you started a thread because people won't meet you off your made up age, it wasn't until much later in to thread you said you were actually 45"

My third post, ok not first but nobody called me on it, I volunteered the info

Reply privately

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Yeah but you're old

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

Do you know when you are doing it???

Snap "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Do you know when you are doing it???"

Show me this bit "where someone discovered I was lying"

I said my age voluntarily. Only thing I got called on was having age restrictions myself. Learn to read.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Meant discovered "you were lying"

Reply privately

over a year ago

No one discovered anything you idiot. I said I was 45 myself with no need to do so but honesty

Reply privately

over a year ago

Shit happens

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"

My third post, ok not first but nobody called me on it, I volunteered the info"

You did get called on it. You mentioned in a post that you are 45. Another poster spotted your profile says 40.

Up until then you had never mentioned faking your age.

Reply privately

over a year ago

#justsayin

But you didn't start a thread about your real age, you started a thread because people won't meet you off your made up age, it wasn't until much later in to thread you said you were actually 45

My third post, ok not first but nobody called me on it, I volunteered the info"

Why not just set your age to 45 and meet people that are happy to meet you? Why lie and then sulk? With your childish behaviour today I'm sure you could pass for much younger, calling people stupid just because they don't give you the answer you want is not the actions of a 45 year old man

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No one discovered anything you idiot. I said I was 45 myself with no need to do so but honesty"

If you're so 'honest', what not put the fact you're 45 on your profile then.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No one discovered anything you idiot. I said I was 45 myself with no need to do so but honesty

If you're so 'honest', what not put the fact you're 45 on your profile then. "

I have if you read it, first sentence.

Reply privately

over a year ago

But who decides who looks their age and who looks younger

I know loads of women who say people don't think they look their age and I look at them and i think they do

So they could come on here and say they look 35 when they are in their 40s but whoever meets them may disagree

Reply privately

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

"Don't people lie about their ages to get around the age restriction thing

S"

It's naughty lying so don't do it . Actually it does naff me off when people lie about their age. I'm sorry people but no you don't look younger than you actually are so get real!

Reply privately

over a year ago

obviously, people will soon let you know

Reply privately

over a year ago

S

It's naughty lying so don't do it . Actually it does naff me off when people lie about their age. I'm sorry people but no you don't look younger than you actually are so get real! "

Not lying. My age is on my profile and I chat about it openly in the forums!

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"

I said my age voluntarily. Only thing I got called on was having age restrictions myself. Learn to read."

Well, I've had a quick 'learn to read' course and it was from Busty and shaved.

'Sooooo if you're 45 why does your profile say you're 40 OP? '

Your post after that you claimed it was a typo.

Sorry if I don't understand.

Reply privately

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

S

It's naughty lying so don't do it . Actually it does naff me off when people lie about their age. I'm sorry people but no you don't look younger than you actually are so get real!

Not lying. My age is on my profile and I chat about it openly in the forums!"

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread,but why does your profile say your 40 then?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I said my age voluntarily. Only thing I got called on was having age restrictions myself. Learn to read.

Well, I've had a quick 'learn to read' course and it was from Busty and shaved.

'Sooooo if you're 45 why does your profile say you're 40 OP? '

Your post after that you claimed it was a typo.

Sorry if I don't understand.

"

So how did busty find out I'm 45 then? Read some more.

Reply privately

over a year ago

S

It's naughty lying so don't do it . Actually it does naff me off when people lie about their age. I'm sorry people but no you don't look younger than you actually are so get real! "

WHAT you mean I really do look old enough to have a 24 year old kid? Next you will be telling me men only say I don't to get in my pants

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Read

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't think women here are missing out by limiting who can message them by an age range. That's their preference, so they're not missing out.

Just because you fancy her, doesn't give you the right to add to her inbox if she doesn't want to hear from people of your age. It's quite arrogant to claim that they're missing out - because you're special and must be the exception to her rule?!

My advice - move on. There are plenty of other women here who I'm sure would give you a chance if you play it right.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It boils down to one simple thing, you've set your profile age to be lower than your actual age to get around other members age filters.

It's a bit lame, and it's generally frowned on amongst most of the folk who inhabit the site.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It boils down to one simple thing, you've set your profile age to be lower than your actual age to get around other members age filters.

It's a bit lame, and it's generally frowned on amongst most of the folk who inhabit the site."

The outright honesty about it in first sentence mitigates that I think

Reply privately

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

S

WHAT you mean I really do look old enough to have a 24 year old kid? Next you will be telling me men only say I don't to get in my pants "

Clearly Naughty there are exceptions . I myself look at least 26 years younger than I actually am but don't like to boast . It's funny actually my daughter who's 14 was saying over the weekend some of the boys in her class think I'm about 30,that's slightly horrifying and funny,bless em!

Reply privately

over a year ago

They have those preferences, because the site is saturated with men lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It boils down to one simple thing, you've set your profile age to be lower than your actual age to get around other members age filters.

It's a bit lame, and it's generally frowned on amongst most of the folk who inhabit the site.

The outright honesty about it in first sentence mitigates that I think "

Not quite honest enough to set your profile correctly though eh?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No one discovered anything you idiot. I said I was 45 myself with no need to do so but honesty

I have if you read it, first sentence. "

What else do you lie about? Honesty and trust is a big thing certainly for us anyway

Reply privately

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Can you not change your age once it's set? Anyway op you still look fit as f...

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

OP, you have started a thread saying that you are annoyed because you can't message people you fancy, because you are over their age restriction.

Then it turns out you have got your profile age set 5 years younger than you actually are.

Sherlock Holmes isn't needed on this one.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They have those preferences, because the site is saturated with men lol."

Exactly - supply and demand. There is a huge supply of men, with relatively low demand for them

Women here can afford to be choosy. Get over it and move on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not quite honest enough to set your profile correctly though eh? "

No but honest enough to admit it and my real age in the same instant

Reply privately

over a year ago

No but honest enough to admit it and my real age in the same instant "

Why not be honest enough to correct your profile then?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have if you read it, first sentence.

What else do you lie about? Honesty and trust is a big thing certainly for us anyway "

Nothing. The thing you refer to as a lie isn't really since i state my true age AND reason for selecting lower in my profile

Reply privately

over a year ago

The outright honesty about it in first sentence mitigates that I think "

Right...But first you said your incorrect age was a typo. Now you have the first sentence in your ptofile (with a reason other than a typo), which I guess I didn't notice when I read your profile earlier...But it does seem like a lot of backtracking for someone who, ultimately, doesn't have the correct age in his profile.

I'm not stupid, or an idiot, or simply not reading, but this is all a bit off. And it's superfluous. At the end of the day, to answer your OP, most of the people with age restrictions like them and don't feel like they are missing anything because of them. The end.

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

No but honest enough to admit it and my real age in the same instant "

Salt of the earth, you should be proud, good man.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No but honest enough to admit it and my real age in the same instant

Why not be honest enough to correct your profile then?"

I have, in the text. Leaving my profile discoverable to more people isn't to be dishonest if I'm stating correct age in first sentence of profile

Reply privately

over a year ago

Very soon the only women who want someone my age will be mummified remains of Pharoahs - and I ticked the 'will not shag anyone covered in bandages' box - but I'm still here in case of the occasional charity or penalty shag if there is a biggest munter I've shagged thread - I'm waiting by my inbox for the rush of offers from super hot babes on here!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Right...But first you said your incorrect age was a typo. Now you have the first sentence in your ptofile (with a reason other than a typo), which I guess I didn't notice when I read your profile earlier...But it does seem like a lot of backtracking for someone who, ultimately, doesn't have the correct age in his profile.

I'm not stupid, or an idiot, or simply not reading, but this is all a bit off. And it's superfluous. At the end of the day, to answer your OP, most of the people with age restrictions like them and don't feel like they are missing anything because of them. The end."

No not the end. NOBODY outed me about my age - I said it in the third post of this thread. I wasn't even asked. Nobody questioned my age at all.

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

OP - in your profile DATA (not the profile text you have written) do you lie about your age?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I meant MY third post

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not stupid, or an idiot, or simply not reading, but this is all a bit off. And it's superfluous. At the end of the day, to answer your OP, most of the people with age restrictions like them and don't feel like they are missing anything because of them. The end.

No not the end. NOBODY outed me about my age - I said it in the third post of this thread. I wasn't even asked. Nobody questioned my age at all.

"

I never said you were "outed." I said you claimed it as a typo when someone asked you why the age you said (that is, 45 born in 71) doesn't match your profile.

But a typo on a profile can be fixed once by admin. So why not fix it? Well, you don't think you look 45. Ok. Then it's written on your profile that your age is wrong because people are too ageist. Notice,not because it's a typo.

Like I said, it's a lot of backtracking. You are an age different from that in the age section of your profile. Fine. You aren't the only one on here. But to have a thread then complaining about people's age restrictions being too low even for that incorrect age? It's a bit cheeky, to steal a British term. It's off. That's why people keep going at it. And you just call them stupid, or idiots, or say they aren't reading. I'd say they understand all too well.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I never said you were "outed." I said you claimed it as a typo when someone asked you why the age you said (that is, 45 born in 71) doesn't match your profile.

But a typo on a profile can be fixed once by admin. So why not fix it? Well, you don't think you look 45. Ok. Then it's written on your profile that your age is wrong because people are too ageist. Notice,not because it's a typo.

Like I said, it's a lot of backtracking. You are an age different from that in the age section of your profile. Fine. You aren't the only one on here. But to have a thread then complaining about people's age restrictions being too low even for that incorrect age? It's a bit cheeky, to steal a British term. It's off. That's why people keep going at it. And you just call them stupid, or idiots, or say they aren't reading. I'd say they understand all too well."

Reply privately

over a year ago

"OP - in your profile DATA (not the profile text you have written) do you lie about your age?"

No. If I give an indication of one thing but simultaneously correct it, end result is no lie.

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

Like I said, it's a lot of backtracking. You are an age different from that in the age section of your profile. Fine. You aren't the only one on here. But to have a thread then complaining about people's age restrictions being too low even for that incorrect age? It's a bit cheeky, to steal a British term. It's off. That's why people keep going at it. And you just call them stupid, or idiots, or say they aren't reading. I'd say they understand all too well."

Exactly. There plenty of profiles with half-truths and worse. We see them all the time and just ignore them or make a private note or block and move on.

The issue here OP is that you are shouting from the rooftops about it, complaining about peoples preferences, then calling people idiots and claiming you are squeaky clean.

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

#justsayin

But you didn't start a thread about your real age, you started a thread because people won't meet you off your made up age, it wasn't until much later in to thread you said you were actually 45"

which given the importance you place on other's issue's with not wanting to meet all and sundry age wise is pretty up there with 'stupid'..

when your in a hole etc..

Reply privately

over a year ago

This thread is so funny

Have to give it to the op, he has a good body, although he seemed to think no one else aged 45 can possibly look good too.

I'd love to see him and my guy together, maybe suck my partners cock, what a turn on.

I know it says straight in your profile op but think we've established that doesn't mean much....

Reply privately

over a year ago

#justsayin

which given the importance you place on other's issue's with not wanting to meet all and sundry age wise is pretty up there with 'stupid'..

"

Also OP, it's "you're stupid", not "your stupid"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just be YOURSELF

You should never need to be someone else younger or older

Reply privately

over a year ago

".Also OP, it's "you're stupid", not "your stupid""

Really?

Are we just picking on anything now

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not stupid, or an idiot, or simply not reading, but this is all a bit off. And it's superfluous. At the end of the day, to answer your OP, most of the people with age restrictions like them and don't feel like they are missing anything because of them. The end."

A lot of backtracking? I sarcastically said typo. Is sarcasm too British for you?

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"This thread is so funny

Have to give it to the op, he has a good body, although he seemed to think no one else aged 45 can possibly look good too.

I'd love to see him and my guy together, maybe suck my partners cock, what a turn on.

I know it says straight in your profile op but think we've established that doesn't mean much.... "

Well, about those pictures...........

Reply privately

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"

Mr ddc

No. That's what your saying... Because your stupid. "

Of course, this is true. Had I an ounce of commonsense, our profile would say I was a 6' busty 25 yr old blonde

"Having my age incorrect does not make it a fake persona, certainly not when I start threads about my real age. "

Except the '40 yr old' on your profile doesn't actually exist. By admitting that you lied so that you wouldn't be missed off profile searches, you are basically saying to people "you might think you only want to meet men under 40, but you're wrong." Can't you see how incredibly arrogant that makes you appear?

Actually Roxanne alluded to the correct method above: have a decent profile, with decent pics, and people will make an exception for you if they think you're worth it. That method works fine for us.

(Also I suspect lying to get around people's filters isn't permitted and if you don't correct it, admin will)

Now who's feeling stupid?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Mr ddc

No. That's what your saying... Because your stupid.

Of course, this is true. Had I an ounce of commonsense, our profile would say I was a 6' busty 25 yr old blonde

Having my age incorrect does not make it a fake persona, certainly not when I start threads about my real age.

Except the '40 yr old' on your profile doesn't actually exist. By admitting that you lied so that you wouldn't be missed off profile searches, you are basically saying to people "you might think you only want to meet men under 40, but you're wrong." Can't you see how incredibly arrogant that makes you appear?

Actually Roxanne alluded to the correct method above: have a decent profile, with decent pics, and people will make an exception for you if they think you're worth it. That method works fine for us.

(Also I suspect lying to get around people's filters isn't permitted and if you don't correct it, admin will)

Now who's feeling stupid?

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

#justsayin

"

??

Reply privately