Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Losing weight

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I want to lose 2 stones...plan is 1kg per week for 12 weeks by eating less...any others doing it acheieved something similar?!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lowercandyWoman
over a year ago

Lancashire

"I want to lose 2 stones...plan is 1kg per week for 12 weeks by eating less...any others doing it acheieved something similar?!"

Can't you please keep it to either old or new 'money '

Preferably old as kg mean nothing to me!

You need to aim for a healthy loss of 1-2lbs per week

Slow and steady usually succeeds

You can do it by small healthy changes and add in a bit of walking

Good luck

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I changed what I ate. Very rarely eat bread,and only granary or brown seeded. Chicken,turkey and tuna most of the time,with red meat very rarely. No processed food,everything made from natural ingredients. 2 pieces of fruit a day; pulses and beans 3 times a week. And lots of walking. I've lost a stone and I've not been calorie counting or cut out sugar in my tea.

Try making all your own meals without using flour and sugar or fat,except a little olive oil or butter.

By *auren001Woman
over a year ago

birmingham

If wanting to do with food only as opposed to gym etc I'd recommend slimming world. Easy to follow and your stomach doesn't actually feel like your throats been cut

over a year ago

cut out on meat ages and lost 2 stone without even trying (some will be muscle loss i know).

i actively change my diet for life, not just to lose weight but to be more healthy and less cruel in my food choices, so i also realistically look at what i'm shoving into my body as my body doesn't need crap foods it is just my 'greedy' brain wanting some things. gave up sausages and high sugar foods easily thinking this way.

over a year ago

"I want to lose 2 stones...plan is 1kg per week for 12 weeks by eating less...any others doing it acheieved something similar?!"

I've lost a stone and a half on my own with just cutting out the junk and exercising.

over a year ago

and eating healthy obviously.

over a year ago

I did 5 stone by eating MORE!filling up on the good stuff, and enough of the naughty bits to stop me being bored or deprived. Alsoknown as Slimming world. Its easy, it works and once you do, you'll never look back.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/09/16 19:09:17]

over a year ago

I've lost 2 1/2 stone since May, through diet and exercise. I use a simple app on my phone that helps me keep track of what I eat and my exercise

Beard

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Eight stones by not eating carbs. That was 9 years ago and I still don't eat carbs. The first four stones fell off in four-five months.

over a year ago

"I want to lose 2 stones...plan is 1kg per week for 12 weeks by eating less...any others doing it acheieved something similar?!

Eight stones by not eating carbs. That was 9 years ago and I still don't eat carbs. The first four stones fell off in four-five months."

over a year ago

I lost 10 stone (half my body weight) by eating healthy and excersing. I stopped drinking alcohol indoors and try not to eat carbs unless I am going to the gym or playing netball. Would like to loose an additional stone but struggling with the last bit

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Good luck

over a year ago

I've recently rejoined Weight Watchers, as having surgery soon (not just for that reason) I've cut out sweeties, chocolate, cake etc, eat polish bread now as it has less wheat in it,

meringues are good as very little fat, but high sugar so don't eat too many, and if I can't be bothered cooking? tin of soup does it.

baking potatoes, with whatever you want is good and very filling

am happy to share and WW recipes if anyone wants it?

over a year ago

Oh and forgot to say, I can't exercise very well (hence the op) so have bought a second hand Wii, with wii fit and wii sports....

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

I lost loads of weight really quickly last year without really trying and ended up with loose skin in my belly. Legs and arms

Looked like an old prune so ended up putting it back on so am now not happ,y

Can't bloody win

over a year ago

"I lost loads of weight really quickly last year without really trying and ended up with loose skin in my belly. Legs and arms

Looked like an old prune so ended up putting it back on so am now not happ,y

Can't bloody win"

I lost my 10 stone over a 4 year period and this I think helped with the skin retracting as I have been very lucky and don't have loose skin

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/09/16 20:08:20]

over a year ago

"I want to lose 2 stones...plan is 1kg per week for 12 weeks by eating less...any others doing it acheieved something similar?!

Eight stones by not eating carbs. That was 9 years ago and I still don't eat carbs. The first four stones fell off in four-five months."

thats something i could never do...

Eat good food and do more exercise Op

over a year ago

Currently using MyFitnessPlan app to track food. It has a plugin to my misfit app on my smart watch to tell me how many calories ive burned too. Anyone else usung MyFitnessPlan?

over a year ago

I lost 2.5st in 3 months recently by eating less crap and going to the gym. Totally revamped my lifestyle Go smash it dude!

over a year ago

Really can't recommend slimming world enough. I have lost 3 1/2stone and I've gone down from a 26.. Possibly pushing a 28 to a size 20-22 so far. Got in my first size 20 dress today and it feels amazing.

over a year ago

"Currently using MyFitnessPlan app to track food. It has a plugin to my misfit app on my smart watch to tell me how many calories ive burned too. Anyone else usung MyFitnessPlan?"

Yes and it's the best thing I've done weight loss related. Made so much of a difference

over a year ago

Eating less mean that you'll probably splurge. Changing what you eat will be better. Less calorific food and similar volume.

You should be dropping about 500 cals per day to lose 1-2lb per week. You may find you will lose half a stone I the first week due to excess water retention.

Combined with some light exercise and you're on to a winner.

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I've dropped a stone and a half recently although Ive stalled since my recent op as my mums cooking for us while I can't and she can't get to grips with no carbs.

For me I have to be low protein, low carb, high healthy fat and zero sugar to even drop a pound due to a shitty disease I have. As long as I stay below 20g carbs and absolute zero sugar or sugar alternatives per day then I can drop decent amounts.

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Diet is key - eat less if you want to lose weight.

Excercise is good for a variety of reasons, but it isn't the key to losing weight, the calorific content of your diet is.

For example - I lift 4 times a week, cardio for 1 session of 2 hours and often play 80 minutes of Rugby on a Saturday. I'm gaining weight (intentionally) at 0.25 - 0.5 KG a week. Often when I cut weight, I won't be playing rugby and I'll probably lift 3 times a week and maybe do circuit training once a week, for an hour. I still lose about 1lb a week, due to cutting calories.

Your body soon gets used to the calorie burn from cardio and you burn significantly less as you adapt (although still much more than if you did no cardio) and if you neglect progressiver overload in a resistance programme, you will find hardly any effect.

Find foods that help you stay full for longer, this heps you cut calories (I know that this SOUNDS obvious, but it often appears not to be). For me high fibre and high protien items do this.

over a year ago

cut out the beer and walk more

Post new Message to Thread