Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

TUE cheats vs Drug cheats vs Tax avoidance

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

IF someone (and its a big IF) intentionally tries to use loopholes to take drugs to enhance their performance; is this better/worse/the same as those who take the drugs to enhance performance without trying to use loopholes.

Some of what is being reported seems analogous to the tax avoidance schemes....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A drugs cheat is a drugs cheat. I'm not close enough to the TUE allegations to know if it's about seeking a performance enhancing drug via a loophole or not. If the scheme works properly then they should be legitimately authorised but neither is better or worse than the other.

over a year ago

Do you mean Bradley Wiggins?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Do you mean Bradley Wiggins? "

This is one example, but anyone who abuses the spirit of the TUE rules and takes TUE's, but really could do without them for their condition for example by taking a non banned alternative or because the condition is not chronic enough to need the TUE.

As I said, feels to me like the tax avoidance scheme mentality of what can the current rules allow me to get away with. Particularly I would say those that have kept quiet about their TUE in public interviews etc prior to the leaking of information.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Don't know the story, but seeing how arrogant Wiggins is, it would not surprise me if he did it intentionally.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"IF someone (and its a big IF) intentionally tries to use loopholes to take drugs to enhance their performance; is this better/worse/the same as those who take the drugs to enhance performance without trying to use loopholes.

Some of what is being reported seems analogous to the tax avoidance schemes...."

Seeing as wiggins and sky was so secretive and hypocritical even it amounts to the same in my eyes. a PED is a PED and those injections are PEDs

What else are they hiding?

over a year ago

Wiggins was doping. No one within the sport is defending him and others are openly questioning him.

over a year ago

But nothing will come of this yet, like Armstrong it will be a slow burner

Post new Message to Thread