Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Haulacost memorial

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Some know i was going to the only haulacost memorial on wednesday and had very mixed emotions about going.

Id already decided if it was to much for me id go and sit quietly in the gardens while jay carried on.

What i wasnt prepared for was by the time i had walked from the carpark and read the first plaque that i would totally have lost it.

Its a beautuful place with beautiful staff its very challenging and i genuinely think its changed my whole outlook on life.

All i said to jay after is now i understand. I also met a real life hero

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

Where is it, out of interest?

over a year ago

The nearest main town is newark but its tucked away on the outskirts of a little village in the middle of nowhere. You would never know it was there

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

When I was a trainee baker, many moons ago, my teacher was a Polish death camp survivor. He kept his tattooed number as a memory to those who perished. He told me some dreadful stories.

Awful times.

over a year ago

"When I was a trainee baker, many moons ago, my teacher was a Polish death camp survivor. He kept his tattooed number as a memory to those who perished. He told me some dreadful stories.

Awful times. "

they have a speaker everyday we missed it as didnt know it was on but had the privalage of meeting up and talking to her in the cafe

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

It is so important that this staggering monument to man's inhumanity must be remembered

over a year ago

I'm regularly in the Newark area, will have to look this place up.

I'm putting a team together to cycle to Auschwitz in the next 18 months so this is just the kind of thing I'd like to visit to learn more.

over a year ago

"It is so important that this staggering monument to man's inhumanity must be remembered "

By * PillowsWoman
over a year ago

stevenage

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to visit when next in the area.

over a year ago

"It is so important that this staggering monument to man's inhumanity must be remembered "
And that is why this musuem was set up

Non of the staff are jewish about 4 million non jews where killed the reason for the memorial is for humanity reasons

By *aGaGagging for itCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Have had the privilege of visting various places, Berlin Holocaust Memorial, Buchenwald, Hiroshima, The Killing Fields and S21 - All very moving, sobering and emotional experiences.

over a year ago

"I'm regularly in the Newark area, will have to look this place up.

I'm putting a team together to cycle to Auschwitz in the next 18 months so this is just the kind of thing I'd like to visit to learn more. "

its all about learning, they get about 150 school children visit a day

over a year ago

"It is so important that this staggering monument to man's inhumanity must be remembered And that is why this musuem was set up

Non of the staff are jewish about 4 million non jews where killed the reason for the memorial is for humanity reasons"

sorry its not a museum its a memorial

over a year ago

Im bumping this for people to see

By *asokittyWoman
over a year ago

Nr Worksop

"The nearest main town is newark but its tucked away on the outskirts of a little village in the middle of nowhere. You would never know it was there"

It's in Worksop isn't it. I've passes signs for it. Was very surprised to see them.

over a year ago

"The nearest main town is newark but its tucked away on the outskirts of a little village in the middle of nowhere. You would never know it was there

It's in Worksop isn't it. I've passes signs for it. Was very surprised to see them."

worksop isnt that far if you where coming in that way. But we only saw one signpost and that was when we where quite near

over a year ago

A few years ago I visited The Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial, it was a very strange mix of emotions. There is a harrowing beauty to all of the white crosses lay out in front of you.

over a year ago

"I'm regularly in the Newark area, will have to look this place up.

I'm putting a team together to cycle to Auschwitz in the next 18 months so this is just the kind of thing I'd like to visit to learn more. "

I'd be up for that as long as my health is still okish

M

Post new Message to Thread