Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Terry Jones

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Sad news indeed. This is Michael Palin's latest on him:

Terry J has been my close friend and workmate for over fifty years. The progress of his dementia has been painful to watch and the news announced yesterday that he has a type of aphasia which is gradually depriving him of the ability to speak is about the cruellest thing that could befall someone to whom words, ideas, arguments, jokes and stories were once the stuff of life. Not that Terry is out of circulation. He spends time with his family and only two days ago I met up with him for one of our regular meals at his local pub. Howard Johnson, an American friend of Python, was in town and took this picture. Terry doesn’t say very much but he smiles, laughs, recognises and responds, and I’m always pleased to see him. Long may that last.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *cduck and Blue eyesCouple
over a year ago

nr chester

"Sad news indeed. This is Michael Palin's latest on him:

Terry J has been my close friend and workmate for over fifty years. The progress of his dementia has been painful to watch and the news announced yesterday that he has a type of aphasia which is gradually depriving him of the ability to speak is about the cruellest thing that could befall someone to whom words, ideas, arguments, jokes and stories were once the stuff of life. Not that Terry is out of circulation. He spends time with his family and only two days ago I met up with him for one of our regular meals at his local pub. Howard Johnson, an American friend of Python, was in town and took this picture. Terry doesn’t say very much but he smiles, laughs, recognises and responds, and I’m always pleased to see him. Long may that last."

. I also read this today clem, very sad Mrs blue eyesxxx

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

May his remaining days be dignified, loving and peaceful

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

over a year ago

Incredibly sad news.

Terry as Sir Bedivere in The Holy Grail lifting his visor every time he wanted to speak tickles me every time

By *rbane PlayerMan
over a year ago

London

Amen

over a year ago

Sad news

By *eliz NelsonMan
over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

Glad to hear he is still laughing and smiling!

By *orwegian BlueMan
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Sad, sad, sad news.

I'm glad I got to see them all perform at the O2.

One of Terry Jones great abilities was to convey comedy without words.. I hope he is able to continue this for the sake of his love.. Making others laugh.

Terry doing what he did best-

http://youtu.be/8peZOFVYxTI

over a year ago

"May his remaining days be dignified, loving and peaceful "

Post new Message to Thread