Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

David lloyds gyms

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm thinking of joining the David Lloyd gym by mine, it's quite expensive compared to other gyms by mine.

Is anyone a member,would you recommend joining?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Can remember years ago he was on breakfast tv complaining that tennis was considered a middle class sport and instead tennis clubs should encouraged people of all classes to play. He was coughing and spluttering when he was reminded that he ran one on the most expensively exclusive clubs in the world.

By *icassolifelikeMan
over a year ago

Luton

Used to be a member. For what it is you pay for what you get. Good equipment but it's the same equipment you get most places. You usually get a pool. A decent bar and food. Good classes. But apart from the pool it's the same you should get in cheaper alternatives.

When I was there only a few people trained. The rest was an extension of their social lives. Always on their phones, groups chatting on a bit of equipment. But then that's me being a miserable git. Gym's for training not chimping around. Grrrrrrrr

By *eKoopleCouple
over a year ago

Germany / Manchester

Choosing a gym is dependent on what you want for yourself. You'll find leisure centres like David Lloyd's have a premium price because they have things like towels and carpeted changing rooms thrown in. There's much more but I think you'll get where I'm going.

If you want something cheap and has the basics, go to a Pure Gym. You get classes as part of the price. Expect to pay a massive £15-£22 per month.

Then there's CrossFit, my domain. Be warned, CrissFit has had a lot of negative responses, mainly by people who have never tried it. I train 6 times a week here and I urge you to research for yourself.

You will pay a premium in the region of £55-£70 per month for two sessions per week and you get instruction every single session. It guarantees you'll be strong, fit and most importantly, look good for the laddies on here

Hope that helps OP. Marquis

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thanks for the advice. It's the squash courts that have got me interested as they are quite rare around here.

I'll arrange to have a look around just hope there isn't too many posers there

By *eKoopleCouple
over a year ago

Germany / Manchester

Good luck, hope you get what you want.

Post new Message to Thread