Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Girl with all the gifts

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone else seen this?

It's a new(ish) zombie film but British made and similar in style to '28 days later'.

If so, what did you think?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've just seen a snippet of a trailer for it. I like a zombie film but I'm a bit of a scaredy cat. How scary is it?

over a year ago

"Anyone else seen this?

It's a new(ish) zombie film but British made and similar in style to '28 days later'.

If so, what did you think? "

any good ?

over a year ago

Looks a bit too spooky for me!

Although I do like paddy considine!

over a year ago

Saw it tonight. I thought it was a really good concept and there were some interesting points to it (don't want to give away spoilers) but the script got a bit hokey in points, could have been tighter and just a touch more comic relief would have been nice as it got a little stiff. Worth a watch I'd say.

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I haven't seen it but I read the book a while back. It's bleak but could be a cracking film. And an interesting take on the zombie thing.

over a year ago

"Saw it tonight. I thought it was a really good concept and there were some interesting points to it (don't want to give away spoilers) but the script got a bit hokey in points, could have been tighter and just a touch more comic relief would have been nice as it got a little stiff. Worth a watch I'd say."

is it a horror comedy ?

over a year ago

"Saw it tonight. I thought it was a really good concept and there were some interesting points to it (don't want to give away spoilers) but the script got a bit hokey in points, could have been tighter and just a touch more comic relief would have been nice as it got a little stiff. Worth a watch I'd say.

is it a horror comedy ?"

Definitely not a comedy, more a horror drama.

over a year ago

"Anyone else seen this?

If so, what did you think?

any good ?"

I thought so, it's a very British film. It keeps the number of characters low to go into more depth than your average American film. The story develops at a nice pace, there's a new bit of critical information every 15 minutes or so. It's clearly telling a story rather than lots of nonstop blood and shooting.

A good film in my opinion. Above average.

over a year ago

"I've just seen a snippet of a trailer for it. I like a zombie film but I'm a bit of a scaredy cat. How scary is it? "

Not very. As another member said, it's more a 'horror drama'.

over a year ago

It's got 7.2 on IMDB which is respectable. Apparently it's budget was just £4m which makes it all the more impressive. Consider the wank that they churned out with $144m for Ghostbusters 2016.

over a year ago

"I've just seen a snippet of a trailer for it. I like a zombie film but I'm a bit of a scaredy cat. How scary is it?

Not very. As another member said, it's more a 'horror drama'. "

I prefer those types of zombie apocalypse films. More about how people cope and survive than being torn to pieces.

By *rozacMan
over a year ago

london

The kill list is another brilliant low budget British fucking weird horror film

over a year ago

"It's got 7.2 on IMDB which is respectable. Apparently it's budget was just £4m which makes it all the more impressive. Consider the wank that they churned out with $144m for Ghostbusters 2016. "

Apples and oranges

over a year ago

I've read the book which is excellent. So good that it was my most lent book over the last couple of years.

Great story and characters. I hope the film does it justice.

over a year ago

"I've read the book which is excellent. So good that it was my most lent book over the last couple of years.

Great story and characters. I hope the film does it justice. "

I think it does, although I haven't read the book. It's refreshing to see a clear film that isn't over subscribed with too many characters or too many sub-plots, one that tells a story without over-reliance on special effects.

over a year ago

We saw the trailer a few nights ago, Mrs loves zombie / apocalypse books & films so might have to take her to see this one. Sounds worth a watch from the comments so far.

over a year ago

Just looked it up on wiki and Gemma Arterton is in it ! Now it appears we will both have a vested interest in going to see it lol

over a year ago

"We saw the trailer a few nights ago, Mrs loves zombie / apocalypse books & films so might have to take her to see this one. Sounds worth a watch from the comments so far. "

We saw a trailer for "ouija" last night which is the epitome of the crap that puts us off modern horror films. Basically you can tell that the writers thought of a bunch of special effects first, then scratched their head for a story that would tediously link them together.

That's why this film was refreshing because it had a clear story that developed.

Post new Message to Thread