Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Treadmills

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

This fat ass has decided to buy a treadmill, I enjoy running and I'll see it as an investment however...

From 1 fat ass o another I have simple questions lol

- where should I buy one?

- budget about 200 or less (better)

- can I keep it outside

- how often do you use yours

Thanks y'all

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

For £200, you're probably better off just running outdoors.

over a year ago

"For £200, you're probably better off just running outdoors. "

Dunno there seems to be some decent ones about! The ones that go into thousands are industrial ones for heavy use! I'll only be doing 5k per day!

over a year ago

I've got a treadmill - it's in the garage. Haven't used it for years.

I prefer the outdoors myself but it depends on what you want it to do.

If it is just a belt that can speed up and slow down then £200 should be plenty

over a year ago

"I've got a treadmill - it's in the garage. Haven't used it for years.

I prefer the outdoors myself but it depends on what you want it to do.

If it is just a belt that can speed up and slow down then £200 should be plenty"

You selling yours lol?

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

Get yourself fitted for trainers, it can make a big difference to not getting aches and pains...

over a year ago

"Get yourself fitted for trainers, it can make a big difference to not getting aches and pains..."

I've still got my brAnd new trainers from joining a gym 4 months ago.. only went 1 time lol! It's really hot and stuffy, much prefer to work out in my garage

By *oo hotCouple
over a year ago

North West

"This fat ass has decided to buy a treadmill, I enjoy running and I'll see it as an investment however...

- can I keep it outside

Thanks y'all"

We have had three or four of these and failed to learn our lesson. The budget treadmills are frankly garbage. They are just not sturdy or heavy enough even for running (just 5k) especially every day. You might be better looking for a used ex gym stock machine as they are truly made for purpose. As for using it outside..... Rain.... Electricity? That aside, they are all designed for indoor use and you may find component parts in the rollers and motor rusting in damp, cool air.

over a year ago

We have a treadmill, had it for about 3 years now, only used about 5 times now

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I've not long since given 1 away I really miss it now. I've nowhere to put my clothes

over a year ago

"Get yourself fitted for trainers, it can make a big difference to not getting aches and pains...

I've still got my brAnd new trainers from joining a gym 4 months ago.. only went 1 time lol! It's really hot and stuffy, much prefer to work out in my garage"

A treadrill in your garage is likely to be just as hot and stuffy and even duller than your gym was

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

"Get yourself fitted for trainers, it can make a big difference to not getting aches and pains...

I've still got my brAnd new trainers from joining a gym 4 months ago.. only went 1 time lol! It's really hot and stuffy, much prefer to work out in my garage"

But are they the right ones?

Do you suffer from over pronation?

over a year ago

200£ for a good treadmill if you get one let me know

By *asokittyWoman
over a year ago

Nr Worksop

Mine makes a cracking clothes horse

Really must get my ass back on it

over a year ago

"This fat ass has decided to buy a treadmill, I enjoy running and I'll see it as an investment however...

- can I keep it outside

Thanks y'all"

Pity your not close I have one for sale I bought about 2 year ago that's hardly been used, I paid £995 for it, I still have the receipt, it still has 3 years guarantee left on it as I paid for the 5 year cover

I stuck it in the internet for £150 for a quick sale and can't shift it

By *uffinCouple
over a year ago

Chichester

I use mine 6 days a week, 45 minutes per session.

I keep it in my garden shed with a dehumidifier.

Buy a good quality , sturdy model, with internal fans to keep you cool....try eBay or Gumtree or Friday Free Ads.(Mine is a Nordic...cost £500 second hand).

I also have a TV and VHS recorder in the shed and tape documentaries with sub titles to alleviate the boredom...along with my iPod. Good luck.

By *axandbooCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Dax pays 100 a year for a gym membership.

over a year ago

When budget gyms cost 15 quid a month with no tie-in there's not much point paying hundreds of pounds for a treadmill

over a year ago

"When budget gyms cost 15 quid a month with no tie-in there's not much point paying hundreds of pounds for a treadmill "

Sometimes it's a time issue

I bought mine because I work 12 hours a day on a 7 day rolling rota and I don't drive, the nearest gym to me in about a 40 min walk so that's 1 hour and 20 mins to start with, so an hour at the gym is actually about 2 and a half hours by the time you have showered and changed etc when you have been at work for 12 hours and have to be back up at 5am that's a big chunk out of your day, in that time I can walk the dogs and use the treadmill, kill two birds with one stone

By *hloe sussexTV/TS
over a year ago

Larne

- can I keep it outside

Thanks y'all"

Dont do it ,it will become a very expensive clothes horse ,go to a gym ,keeps you more motivated or jog or walk xx

over a year ago

Basic gym membership around 14-£15 per month so for your 200 you could do that for a whole year with no storage or chances of the thing breaking down or needing maintainance and possibley have a shower there as well.

Sound like a better option

over a year ago

"I use mine 6 days a week, 45 minutes per session.

I keep it in my garden shed with a dehumidifier.

Buy a good quality , sturdy model, with internal fans to keep you cool....try eBay or Gumtree or Friday Free Ads.(Mine is a Nordic...cost £500 second hand).

I also have a TV and VHS recorder in the shed and tape documentaries with sub titles to alleviate the boredom...along with my iPod. Good luck.

"

This is the secret, get on you can rest a tablet on so watch a 1 hour episode of a series while you work out.

The average British person spends 3.7 hours a day watching TV (more on weekends) and then claims they have no time to exercise

By *uffinCouple
over a year ago

Chichester

Very true.

It's the convenience of having your own machine, as opposed to having to drive to the nearest gym....10 miles away in our case.

It's definitely more expensive, but you have no excuse for NOT doing it !!

over a year ago

http://www.tesco.com/direct/confidence-power-trac-pro-motorised-electric-treadmill-with-incline-white/480-5994.prd?skuId=480-5994

I think I've found one?

The reason for doing it at home is convenience, luxury to just go at my own pace and without prying eyes lol I'll be more motivated in my garage with my music blurring lol

over a year ago

"When budget gyms cost 15 quid a month with no tie-in there's not much point paying hundreds of pounds for a treadmill

Sometimes it's a time issue

I bought mine because I work 12 hours a day on a 7 day rolling rota and I don't drive, the nearest gym to me in about a 40 min walk so that's 1 hour and 20 mins to start with, so an hour at the gym is actually about 2 and a half hours by the time you have showered and changed etc when you have been at work for 12 hours and have to be back up at 5am that's a big chunk out of your day, in that time I can walk the dogs and use the treadmill, kill two birds with one stone "

How far is Black Country? Is it even a real place lol?!

over a year ago

"http://www.tesco.com/direct/confidence-power-trac-pro-motorised-electric-treadmill-with-incline-white/480-5994.prd?skuId=480-5994

I think I've found one?

The reason for doing it at home is convenience, luxury to just go at my own pace and without prying eyes lol I'll be more motivated in my garage with my music blurring lol "

That look like it's designed for nothing more than walking on

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"For £200, you're probably better off just running outdoors. "

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I prefer a cross trainer and have a Horizon 500 in my bedroom. Use it everyday, compared to paying £40 a month to visit the gym three times a week.

Post new Message to Thread