Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Disabled Blue Badges

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Saw programme recently about how a council employed an enforcement officer to challenged obvious misuse of disabled parking bays by the use of blue disable badges. Not only did he issue a fine but also confiscated their blue badges.

Guess this thread will p**s off the motorway speedsters on here but what's other peoples' thoughts?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

How did they prove the misuse

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If the misuse is proven, which I imagine it must have been to be allowed to confiscate them, then I have no sympathy whatsoever.

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

if it's abused, they should lose the privilege

Reply privately

over a year ago

If they abuse their badge they should be punished, disability or not we all have to live by the rules

Reply privately

over a year ago

It should be enforced more rigorously. The amount of times you see young folk/kids of OAP's who think it's ok to use there Nans/Grandads blue badge. It's only right they should punished for it.

It's a privilege, don't abuse it. If you do, be prepared to have the privilege taken away.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How did they prove the misuse"

The badges are specifically for an individual and that person has to be present for the badge to be able to be used.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They hand them out like candy there's three on my little street of ten houses that have them, and none of them actually need them? Should be kept for people with genuin mobility disabilitys and they should cut half the disabled parking bays and replace with elderly bays? There's plenty of old people who struggle to move about

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

Is there a non-disabled blue badge too? I want one

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"How did they prove the misuse

The badges are specifically for an individual and that person has to be present for the badge to be able to be used."

thats what i thought you where going to say.

So my mum is using my stepdads incorrectly. When she pulls up somewhere gets him out the car into the place shes going, sits him down and then gets back in the car to park properly in the first available space as hes not present at the time

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They hand them out like candy there's three on my little street of ten houses that have them, and none of them actually need them? Should be kept for people with genuin mobility disabilitys and they should cut half the disabled parking bays and replace with elderly bays? There's plenty of old people who struggle to move about "

What makes you think they don't actually need them? is it because they have an "invisible" condition? there are hundreds of conditions that make you disabled that aren't visible to opinionated strangers. conditions such as MS, cancer, people with joint problems (like myself, although I do have a walking stick, but you won't see it at first, as i keep it in the boot)so just because someone has a blue badge and a disabled parking bay, but no walking aid/wheelchair doesn't automatically mean they are not disabled.

Using them wrongly includes having the disabled person as a passenger, and using a disabled bay, if the disabled person gets out the car, but the driver stays in - effectively they do not need the space, as they could park elsewhere and just drive to the shop front, and pick them up there.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have a blue badge and it is only used when im with the driver. Not all disabilities are visual.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

So my mum is using my stepdads incorrectly. When she pulls up somewhere gets him out the car into the place shes going, sits him down and then gets back in the car to park properly in the first available space as hes not present at the time"

if your step dad is with your mum going somewhere, then the badge can be used as he is there with her, so a space can be taken. If your step dad was at home and your mum used the badge for a space, she'd be using it wrongly, and could lose it and get a fine. Also if it's out of date, and still used, you'd get a bigger fine

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"They hand them out like candy there's three on my little street of ten houses that have them, and none of them actually need them? Should be kept for people with genuin mobility disabilitys and they should cut half the disabled parking bays and replace with elderly bays? There's plenty of old people who struggle to move about

What makes you think they don't actually need them? is it because they have an "invisible" condition? there are hundreds of conditions that make you disabled that aren't visible to opinionated strangers. conditions such as MS, cancer, people with joint problems (like myself, although I do have a walking stick, but you won't see it at first, as i keep it in the boot)so just because someone has a blue badge and a disabled parking bay, but no walking aid/wheelchair doesn't automatically mean they are not disabled.

Using them wrongly includes having the disabled person as a passenger, and using a disabled bay, if the disabled person gets out the car, but the driver stays in - effectively they do not need the space, as they could park elsewhere and just drive to the shop front, and pick them up there. "

thats not actually true my stepdad has his based on the fact he will always be the passenger and when my great aunt had hers in her 90s she had never held a driving licence in her life

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"

So my mum is using my stepdads incorrectly. When she pulls up somewhere gets him out the car into the place shes going, sits him down and then gets back in the car to park properly in the first available space as hes not present at the time

if your step dad is with your mum going somewhere, then the badge can be used as he is there with her, so a space can be taken. If your step dad was at home and your mum used the badge for a space, she'd be using it wrongly, and could lose it and get a fine. Also if it's out of date, and still used, you'd get a bigger fine"

and thats ecactly what she does she takes it out when shes on her own

However by the rules of what you say my stepdad has to be present at all times which is virtually impossible to do

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They hand them out like candy there's three on my little street of ten houses that have them, and none of them actually need them? Should be kept for people with genuin mobility disabilitys and they should cut half the disabled parking bays and replace with elderly bays? There's plenty of old people who struggle to move about

Using them wrongly includes having the disabled person as a passenger, and using a disabled bay, if the disabled person gets out the car, but the driver stays in - effectively they do not need the space, as they could park elsewhere and just drive to the shop front, and pick them up there. thats not actually true my stepdad has his based on the fact he will always be the passenger and when my great aunt had hers in her 90s she had never held a driving licence in her life"

Unless I'm mis-reading what you've written, are you actually agreeing withe above post? Thinking about it, unless what you're saying is that the disable person is always with the driver then yes but if they go their separate ways then no.

Slightly aside, what I don't understand is why valid badge holders can park on double yellow lines, the lines are there for a reason-parking would generally cause an obstruction.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I disagree with that, they are perfectly entitled to sit and wait for the disabled passenger, that's what the blue badge is for. Not so the driver has to use the pick up point x

Reply privately

over a year ago

My daughter had a blue badge until she was 16, not sure how she could be the driver.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

thats exactly what she does she takes it out when shes on her own

However by the rules of what you say my stepdad has to be present at all times which is virtually impossible to do"

Then your mum should not have the badge with her.

I would keep the badge, for the times your stepdad has to go out (hospital physio etc) but the badge is for him, no one else.

If she gets caught and it's taken away from her, it will be very difficult to get it back, as they will not trust her.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I disagree with that, they are perfectly entitled to sit and wait for the disabled passenger, that's what the blue badge is for. Not so the driver has to use the pick up point x"

Maybe if the disable person can leave the car and doesn't need the driver then, just maybe, they didn't need the disabled bay in the first place?

Reply privately

over a year ago

When my daughter had hers she wasn't handed it like candy I can assure you. The rules in my area are very stringent. Lucky you, you are not disabled, other people are.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think we can all probably agree that generally, it's the kind of person who thinks ' I've just got to pop into town, I'll use mum's badge to grab a free spot for the ten mins I'll be at Primark' who should be targeted more vigorously rather than the less black and white cases.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don't be ridiculous, blind people get them, if they didn't need them they would not be given them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"My daughter had a blue badge until she was 16, not sure how she could be the driver. "

You don't have to be the driver, you just have to be present in the car while it's being used. I know someone who abuses there sons blue badge and it's wrong. The badge should be taken away from anyone who abuses the system and in turn the legitimate users.

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

The major misuse is people using them when the badge hinder is not present ( I had an elderly relative who never drive, but was entitled to one, thus if I was taking her somewhere , I was entitled to use it; even though occasionally, if it was possible, I would use the blue badge slot to get her out of the car and into her wheelchair, then park elsewhere, then return to pick her up.

But I also knew of one guy who had his ( deceased) uncle's badge and used it. I grassed him up, of course .

So councils are right to check up ( I believe most now require passes to be renewed every year now, too)

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Unless I'm mis-reading what you've written, are you actually agreeing withe above post? Thinking about it, unless what you're saying is that the disable person is always with the driver then yes but if they go their separate ways then no.

Slightly aside, what I don't understand is why valid badge holders can park on double yellow lines, the lines are there for a reason-parking would generally cause an obstruction. "

If a disabled person is travelling with someone in the same car either as a driver, or passenger and they hold a badge, they can use it and a space, and go separate ways.

the double yellow lines.. the badge can be used on double yellows UNLESS there are also the yellow lines on the kerb too, that means there is no parking for anyone, not even disabled registered cars. In England you can park on them for 3 hours only, in Scotland it's unlimited, obviously driving rules / road signages apply too, and if you are going to cause an obstruction, then no you can't park there.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

So councils are right to check up ( I believe most now require passes to be renewed every year now, too)"

I would imagine that different councils have their own time phase, but it's usually every 3 years to go with PIP / DLA as that is renewed every 3 yrs, and without either you cannot be entitled to a blue badge. (we pay £20 up here for it)

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

"

So councils are right to check up ( I believe most now require passes to be renewed every year now, too)

I would imagine that different councils have their own time phase, but it's usually every 3 years to go with PIP / DLA as that is renewed every 3 yrs, and without either you cannot be entitled to a blue badge. (we pay £20 up here for it) "

Ah yes, 3 years sounds right; I couldn't remember .

I know I handed it in when the old dear died.

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

The blue badge can only be used by the person it is given to to benefit them. They must be the driver or be present as a passenger. It Can be used if the holder is being dropped off and picked up by someone.

It cannot be used by someone to do stuff on your behalf, for example, a carer cannot use a clients blur badge to go do shopping for them while they are at home.

Having heard the hoops my friend and her children who have very obvious need of these badges go through I think enforcement is only right.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

"I disagree with that, they are perfectly entitled to sit and wait for the disabled passenger, that's what the blue badge is for. Not so the driver has to use the pick up point x

Maybe if the disable person can leave the car and doesn't need the driver then, just maybe, they didn't need the disabled bay in the first place?"

What a stupid thing to say. That's like saying any lone disabled driver who changed out of their car doesn't need a disabled space.

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"

I would imagine that different councils have their own time phase, but it's usually every 3 years to go with PIP / DLA as that is renewed every 3 yrs, and without either you cannot be entitled to a blue badge. (we pay £20 up here for it) "

again thats not true

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I would imagine that different councils have their own time phase, but it's usually every 3 years to go with PIP / DLA as that is renewed every 3 yrs, and without either you cannot be entitled to a blue badge. (we pay £20 up here for it) again thats not true"

What's not true?

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"

I would imagine that different councils have their own time phase, but it's usually every 3 years to go with PIP / DLA as that is renewed every 3 yrs, and without either you cannot be entitled to a blue badge. (we pay £20 up here for it) again thats not true

What's not true?"

you dont need to be claiming pip to get one.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/09/16 18:44:31]

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"

I would imagine that different councils have their own time phase, but it's usually every 3 years to go with PIP / DLA as that is renewed every 3 yrs, and without either you cannot be entitled to a blue badge. (we pay £20 up here for it) again thats not true

What's not true?"

sorry you live in scotland it may be different

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

"

What's not true?"

Done councils make you pay; for some it depends on the level of disablement, or ability to pay; my elderly relo was pretty well off, so had to pay.

Reply privately

over a year ago

yes you do, or I have been mis-informed.

I tried to apply for one earlier this year, when asked if I was receiving PIP, I wasn't at the time, and was then turned down. I eventually won PIP, and have now got a badge (and had them in the past)

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"yes you do, or I have been mis-informed.

I tried to apply for one earlier this year, when asked if I was receiving PIP, I wasn't at the time, and was then turned down. I eventually won PIP, and have now got a badge (and had them in the past)"

maybe in your case but i definetly know people not on pip who get them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

In case anyone needs the information:

You are automatically entitled to a blue badge if you receive certain benefits, eg the higher rate of the mobility component of DLA or have scored (I think) eight points or more on your pip assessment.

There's also something about having a component of the war pension, but I don't know the details on that.

If you don't qualify through getting a certain benefit, you can still be eligible, but the assessment is even more stringent.

Either way, it's not easy to get a blue badge; it's even harder to get the benefit that makes you automatically entitled.

And it's not a privilege, it's very much deserved by those who have one legitimately; those who don't are in a tiny minority.

On a related note, please think twice about using an accessible parking space if you don't have a blue badge, even if it's only for a minute to use a cash point for instance. You're making life even more difficult for someone who's life is a permanent obstacle course as it is.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"In case anyone needs the information:

You are automatically entitled to a blue badge if you receive certain benefits, eg the higher rate of the mobility component of DLA or have scored (I think) eight points or more on your pip assessment.

There's also something about having a component of the war pension, but I don't know the details on that.

If you don't qualify through getting a certain benefit, you can still be eligible, but the assessment is even more stringent.

Either way, it's not easy to get a blue badge; it's even harder to get the benefit that makes you automatically entitled.

And it's not a privilege, it's very much deserved by those who have one legitimately; those who don't are in a tiny minority.

On a related note, please think twice about using an accessible parking space if you don't have a blue badge, even if it's only for a minute to use a cash point for instance. You're making life even more difficult for someone who's life is a permanent obstacle course as it is. "

Consider yourself told! (I knew you'd be back lol)

Reply privately

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

The badges are specifically for an individual and that person has to be present for the badge to be able to be used."

That isn't completely right, if the vehicle is being used for the needs of the holder the driver is entitled to park using the badge. If challenged by a officer in uniform or a enforcement officer that can prove who they are they need to be able to show that the badge is being used for the holder who picture and details are recorded on back. I often get challenged

Reply privately

over a year ago

"if it's abused, they should lose the privilege"
this definition is spot on

Reply privately

over a year ago

On a related note, please think twice about using an accessible parking space if you don't have a blue badge, even if it's only for a minute to use a cash point for instance. You're making life even more difficult for someone who's life is a permanent obstacle course as it is.

Consider yourself told! (I knew you'd be back lol)"

Only in a thread I'm less likely to be attacked.

Oh wait... The jackals are cliquing. I mean circling...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Consider yourself told! (I knew you'd be back lol)

Only in a thread I'm less likely to be attacked.

Oh wait... The jackals are cliquing. I mean circling... "

Kissy kissy xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

The badges are specifically for an individual and that person has to be present for the badge to be able to be used.

That isn't completely right, if the vehicle is being used for the needs of the holder the driver is entitled to park using the badge. If challenged by a officer in uniform or a enforcement officer that can prove who they are they need to be able to show that the badge is being used for the holder who picture and details are recorded on back. I often get challenged "

No, I think that's incorrect. It used to be the case, but nowadays, the person who's blue badge if it's has to not only be present, but must be actually getting out of the car, and therefore needing the accessible space.

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

They have a good sign on the blue badge parking bays over here;

" if you want my parking space; you can have my disability "

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

This is an interesting thread as I've just been issued with a Blue Badge.

I applied and then had to have a face to face assessment. I cannot fake my condition and my medical records are currently full of it.

I need an operation on my spine and, until then, I struggle to walk at all. Once fixed I will be fine again.

I made it clear that I should be back to normal after my operation. The op is due Dec/Jan dependent on the waiting list.

The badge has been issued until 2019 I am the sort of person who will turn mine in when not needed, but some probably won't.

And to anyone who assumes someone is not disabled unless they have a wheelchair think again.

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"This is an interesting thread as I've just been issued with a Blue Badge.

I applied and then had to have a face to face assessment. I cannot fake my condition and my medical records are currently full of it.

I need an operation on my spine and, until then, I struggle to walk at all. Once fixed I will be fine again.

I made it clear that I should be back to normal after my operation. The op is due Dec/Jan dependent on the waiting list.

The badge has been issued until 2019 I am the sort of person who will turn mine in when not needed, but some probably won't.

And to anyone who assumes someone is not disabled unless they have a wheelchair think again."

I'm not on benefits btw.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They have a good sign on the blue badge parking bays over here;

" if you want my parking space; you can have my disability ""

poignant and unfortunately, needed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

That isn't completely right, if the vehicle is being used for the needs of the holder the driver is entitled to park using the badge. If challenged by a officer in uniform or a enforcement officer that can prove who they are they need to be able to show that the badge is being used for the holder who picture and details are recorded on back. I often get challenged

No, I think that's incorrect. It used to be the case, but nowadays, the person who's blue badge if it's has to not only be present, but must be actually getting out of the car, and therefore needing the accessible space. "

That's my understanding of it too. My daughter has a blue badge, and checked this all out when we first got it. And I can assure you in Devon at least they aren't handed out like candy!

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"They have a good sign on the blue badge parking bays over here;

" if you want my parking space; you can have my disability ""

So true

Cancer sufferers with metastasis often appear non-disabled

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This is an interesting thread as I've just been issued with a Blue Badge.

And to anyone who assumes someone is not disabled unless they have a wheelchair think again.

I'm not on benefits btw."

Erm would you like benefits?

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"I'm not on benefits btw.

Erm would you like benefits? "

Oh those benefits

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm not on benefits btw.

Erm would you like benefits?

Oh those benefits "

Oh bugger, just had my hair cut!

Reply privately

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

"Saw programme recently about how a council employed an enforcement officer to challenged obvious misuse of disabled parking bays by the use of blue disable badges. Not only did he issue a fine but also confiscated their blue badges.

Guess this thread will p**s off the motorway speedsters on here but what's other peoples' thoughts? "

When you see a Ferrari pull up in a disabled bay, put a blue badge in the window. The bloke that gets out is one of the muscle gym types, you tend to think just removing the disability badge is a bit lenient.

I want to see the car crushed as well.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Saw programme recently about how a council employed an enforcement officer to challenged obvious misuse of disabled parking bays by the use of blue disable badges. Not only did he issue a fine but also confiscated their blue badges.

Guess this thread will p**s off the motorway speedsters on here but what's other peoples' thoughts?

When you see a Ferrari pull up in a disabled bay, put a blue badge in the window. The bloke that gets out is one of the muscle gym types, you tend to think just removing the disability badge is a bit lenient.

I want to see the car crushed as well."

But only after a dog with advanced distemper has been left in it for an hour or two, then make them drive it to the crusher.

Reply privately

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

"How did they prove the misuse"

On the program I saw, they waited for the driver to return to the car. They asked where the badge holder was, the driver said she was shopping. They said fine we will hold on to the badge and wait for her. The driver said well she was shopping but felt unwell so got a lift home from a friend.

The officers replied we have spoken to her on the phone she told us she hadn't been out of the house all day. The driver a woman in her 50s started swearing at them. The told her it's a criminal offence and took the badge...

Reply privately

over a year ago

On the program I saw, they waited for the driver to return to the car. They asked where the badge holder was, the driver said she was shopping. They said fine we will hold on to the badge and wait for her. The driver said well she was shopping but felt unwell so got a lift home from a friend.

The officers replied we have spoken to her on the phone she told us she hadn't been out of the house all day. The driver a woman in her 50s started swearing at them. The told her it's a criminal offence and took the badge..."

Sounds like the same programme which prompted my thread. It's so wrong that people misuse such a thing designed for people who require assistance.

Reply privately

By *asokittyWoman
over a year ago

Nr Worksop

"They hand them out like candy there's three on my little street of ten houses that have them, and none of them actually need them? Should be kept for people with genuin mobility disabilitys and they should cut half the disabled parking bays and replace with elderly bays? There's plenty of old people who struggle to move about "

Is this an assumption or do you know them?

Reason I ask is that I look fit and well however I have rheumatoid arthritis and it can be a bitch to move around somedays. And I'm only 37, I don't use any walking aids however some days it would be great if I could park nearer the shops etc. (Not that I'm 'disabled enough by definition of the criteria thanks to our local council but that's by the by) so unless you know someone it would be difficult to judge them.

However if you do know for sure they are well and they are just dicks milking the system crack on

Reply privately

over a year ago

There are a number of places where I drop my mother at the door, then park with her blue badge so she can walk back to the car with me, Technically misuse, but should her badge be confiscated because she can only make the walk one way?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know someone who's leg was terribly injured amongst other things in a bad accident. She's in constant pain and her leg hasn't got full feeling , has lots of skin grafts too. She only walks with a slight limp so gets challenged for using disabled spaces with her blue badge.

I told her next time she gets challenged, roll up her trousers and show them the injuries and ask if they are sufficient.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

There are a number of places where I drop my mother at the door, then park with her blue badge so she can walk back to the car with me, Technically misuse, but should her badge be confiscated because she can only make the walk one way?"

That's not misuse though as the departmebt for transport leaflet I read yesterday said it can be used when dropping off or picking up the badge holder. They don't have to be in the car every second of the journey but they do have to be present for the trip.

If you had fine shopping for them with the badge but without them that would be misuse.

Reply privately

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

No, I think that's incorrect. It used to be the case, but nowadays, the person who's blue badge if it's has to not only be present, but must be actually getting out of the car, and therefore needing the accessible space. "

I am a blue badge holder and they give you a lovely users manual, where I've obtained my information

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

No, I think that's incorrect. It used to be the case, but nowadays, the person who's blue badge if it's has to not only be present, but must be actually getting out of the car, and therefore needing the accessible space.

I am a blue badge holder and they give you a lovely users manual, where I've obtained my information "

I read information from the department of transport which says the badge must only be used for the benefit of the holder and no one else and it must only be used if you are traveling in the vehicle. You must not hive your badge to anyone else for them to benefit from the parking concessions etc. It also says you cannot give the badge to someone else for them to do something for you like your shopping or collecting something for you.

I presume this is the same information given to anyone who gets a badge. Last updated January 2015.

Reply privately

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

I am a blue badge holder and they give you a lovely users manual, where I've obtained my information

I read information from the department of transport which says the badge must only be used for the benefit of the holder and no one else and it must only be used if you are traveling in the vehicle. You must not hive your badge to anyone else for them to benefit from the parking concessions etc. It also says you cannot give the badge to someone else for them to do something for you like your shopping or collecting something for you.

I presume this is the same information given to anyone who gets a badge. Last updated January 2015."

Sounds about it, it does go on to give examples and all the usual mundane stuff.

I very rarely use mine, if possible my family park in normal bays

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I would imagine that different councils have their own time phase, but it's usually every 3 years to go with PIP / DLA as that is renewed every 3 yrs, and without either you cannot be entitled to a blue badge. (we pay £20 up here for it) again thats not true"

Seeker16 is spot on with every post on here, she does know what she is taking about and her posts are all correct for blue badge holders in Scotland.

Reply privately

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

The officers replied we have spoken to her on the phone she told us she hadn't been out of the house all day. The driver a woman in her 50s started swearing at them. The told her it's a criminal offence and took the badge...

Sounds like the same programme which prompted my thread. It's so wrong that people misuse such a thing designed for people who require assistance."

When I retire I am going to get a job doing parking tickets.

So when I have to deal with a woman that swore at the officers when they seized the badge I could " There a car park down the road you could do with the exercise you fat fucktard!"

I might only last a week but what a week...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Seeker16 is spot on with every post on here, she does know what she is taking about and her posts are all correct for blue badge holders in Scotland."

Not quite, some impairments don't require a reassessment for dla every three years.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sounds like the same programme which prompted my thread. It's so wrong that people misuse such a thing designed for people who require assistance.

When I retire I am going to get a job doing parking tickets.

So when I have to deal with a woman that swore at the officers when they seized the badge I could " There a car park down the road you could do with the exercise you fat fucktard!"

I might only last a week but what a week..."

Sounds a excellent plan, if you struggle I'll give you a reference.

Reply privately

By *raceytvcdTV/TS
over a year ago

mansfield

[Removed by poster at 25/09/16 08:57:06]

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It should be enforced, with fines paying for more disabled parking. People affected by Invisible disabilities outnumber the obvious visible - such as wheelchairs etc. Don't assume that someone who superficially looks OK to you doesn't have major problems.

We've had too much anger stirred up against the less fortunate in recent years.

This parking (and hate) isn't a disability issue but symptomatic of a generation of selfishness, me, me, me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Using them wrongly includes having the disabled person as a passenger, and using a disabled bay, if the disabled person gets out the car, but the driver stays in - effectively they do not need the space, as they could park elsewhere and just drive to the shop front, and pick them up there. "

To be honest I think it's people like you who are abusing it if you can get to the boot for your walking stick and have an active sex life like being on a swinging site then your not really in need of a blue badge, my old man doesn't have a badge yet she could do neither of those things

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"

Seeker16 is spot on with every post on here, she does know what she is taking about and her posts are all correct for blue badge holders in Scotland.

Not quite, some impairments don't require a reassessment for dla every three years. "

The government has introduced PIP, which forces reassessment regularly for obvious life long conditions now. There is no longer an option for lifetime awards for PIP benefits, which all DLA recipients are being switched to. It's madness as we're now paying £millions for private companies to reassess that are obviously not needed.

We pay these huge businesses a fortune and deny people the money to care for themselves - it's seriously bonkers and you couldn't make it up. Most people rejected that benefit manage to appeal and win - the appeals process costing us even more! All the time the poor claimant may have nothing to live on. Sickening!

Reply privately

over a year ago

*nan not man

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Not quite, some impairments don't require a reassessment for dla every three years.

The government has introduced PIP, which forces reassessment regularly for obvious life long conditions now. There is no longer an option for lifetime awards for PIP benefits, which all DLA recipients are being switched to. It's madness as we're now paying £millions for private companies to reassess that are obviously not needed. "

Yes, that's why I said DLA, which some of us are still on.

" We pay these huge businesses a fortune and deny people the money to care for themselves - it's seriously bonkers and you couldn't make it up. Most people rejected that benefit manage to appeal and win - the appeals process costing us even more! All the time the poor claimant may have nothing to live on. Sickening!"

Yes, and even worse, people killing themselves as a direct result of unfair assessment. I totally agree with you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Using them wrongly includes having the disabled person as a passenger, and using a disabled bay, if the disabled person gets out the car, but the driver stays in - effectively they do not need the space, as they could park elsewhere and just drive to the shop front, and pick them up there.

To be honest I think it's people like you who are abusing it if you can get to the boot for your walking stick and have an active sex life like being on a swinging site then your not really in need of a blue badge, my old man doesn't have a badge yet she could do neither of those things"

Actually, you have no idea.

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"

The government has introduced PIP, which forces reassessment regularly for obvious life long conditions now. There is no longer an option for lifetime awards for PIP benefits, which all DLA recipients are being switched to. It's madness as we're now paying £millions for private companies to reassess that are obviously not needed.

We pay these huge businesses a fortune and deny people the money to care for themselves - it's seriously bonkers and you couldn't make it up. Most people rejected that benefit manage to appeal and win - the appeals process costing us even more! All the time the poor claimant may have nothing to live on. Sickening!"

Some conditions are unlikely to get better. A person who has had an accident and lost their legs won't in 3 years time grow new ones

Some invisible disabilities won't ever get better either. Some Cancer patients will remain in pain forever, even when they put on a brave face and nobody can see the pain they are suffering. There are many other such conditions

Totally agree with you here

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

We pay these huge businesses a fortune and deny people the money to care for themselves - it's seriously bonkers and you couldn't make it up. Most people rejected that benefit manage to appeal and win - the appeals process costing us even more! All the time the poor claimant may have nothing to live on. Sickening!

Yes, and even worse, people killing themselves as a direct result of unfair assessment. I totally agree with you. "

Sorry, but I don't agree with that, I think you'll find that's media anecdotal stories. If memory serves a lady did tragically kill herself but the poor lady had some quite serious mental issues. I think the media were admonished at the time for the way they skewed the story.

At no point were any of my posts against the disabled but the way the able abuse what's meant for them.

Reply privately

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

[Removed by poster at 25/09/16 16:15:04]

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/09/16 17:55:47]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Yes, and even worse, people killing themselves as a direct result of unfair assessment. I totally agree with you.

Sorry, but I don't agree with that, I think you'll find that's media anecdotal stories. If memory serves a lady did tragically kill herself but the poor lady had some quite serious mental issues. I think the media were admonished at the time for the way they skewed the story.

At no point were any of my posts against the disabled but the way the able abuse what's meant for them. "

Its difficult to prove this as the person who's committed suicide can't be questioned why.

However, reports and studies show that mental health issues have increased substantially and as a direct result of the new assessment process and welfare reforms implemented by the current government.

From one report, DWP Benefit Conditionality and Sanctions in Salford – One Year On: “Despite the drop in numbers in Salford receiving a benefit sanction for those who are sanctioned the impact is devastating”.

Whether you believe or not, that the impact of these changes had led to suicide, they have certainly been devastating to many, many vulnerable people, and the fact so many have been overturned on appeal, demonstrates this very well.

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"

I've just been awarded a Blue Badge for 3 years and I am not on benefits. I am just broken

Reply privately

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

The issuing of blue badges has changed recently ... the disabled person doesnt have to be the driver ... you can apply for one on someones behalf ....but u can only use it when they are with you in the vehicle

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

To be honest I think it's people like you who are abusing it if you can get to the boot for your walking stick and have an active sex life like being on a swinging site then your not really in need of a blue badge, my old man doesn't have a badge yet she could do neither of those things"

I'm abusing it? how's that then? I've already said before that there are people who do not need a walking aid, yet "look" normal when they are actually disabled. Two people I know both have EDS both have blue badges, yet neither have a walking stick or crutches, but at any time their joints could just dislocate. Also by saying that you think that because I have an active sex life and being disabled, that my non-friend is disability discrimination, but it could also be trolling, or keyboard warrioring, and while you're typing extra fast, you may not have noticed what you wrote about your old man "my old man doesn't have a badge yet she...." ain't my fault HE didn't have a blue badge, you don't get unless you apply for it

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've just been awarded a Blue Badge for 3 years and I am not on benefits. I am just broken "

I'm sorry you're broken

I think it's different in England, but in Scotland no PIP / DLA (those who are still on it) no blue badge

Incidently, DLA, although most people have been taken off it (ex BF was graced with lifetime DLA for his EDS (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome) and was told way back when... that he would always receive it - well guess what? in came, PIP and out went DLA, he had to apply for PIP (you do not automatically get transferred) he did get it, but while he was waiting he had to give up his badge, and he doesn't get lifetime assurance

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The issuing of blue badges has changed recently ... the disabled person doesnt have to be the driver ... you can apply for one on someones behalf ....but u can only use it when they are with you in the vehicle "

I don't know where you got the info from, but that's always been the case. You can get a blue badge for a 2 year old disabled child.

Incidently, children cannot get PIP, they have to apply for DLA

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

To be honest I think it's people like you who are abusing it if you can get to the boot for your walking stick and have an active sex life like being on a swinging site then your not really in need of a blue badge, my old man doesn't have a badge yet she could do neither of those things

I'm abusing it? how's that then? I've already said before that there are people who do not need a walking aid, yet "look" normal when they are actually disabled. Two people I know both have EDS both have blue badges, yet neither have a walking stick or crutches, but at any time their joints could just dislocate. Also by saying that you think that because I have an active sex life and being disabled, that my non-friend is disability discrimination, but it could also be trolling, or keyboard warrioring, and while you're typing extra fast, you may not have noticed what you wrote about your old man "my old man doesn't have a badge yet she...." ain't my fault HE didn't have a blue badge, you don't get unless you apply for it "

And maybe you were typing to fast to see my post correcting it to nan, as you said there may be people who dont appear to need it but have one but their number will be dwarfed by the amount of people abusing it and like so many of these types of issues its easier to attack the people poomtimg this out than the abusers of said system. Oh and noce throw another ism in there for good measure

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I'm abusing it? how's that then? I've already said before that there are people who do not need a walking aid, yet "look" normal when they are actually disabled. Two people I know both have EDS both have blue badges, yet neither have a walking stick or crutches, but at any time their joints could just dislocate. Also by saying that you think that because I have an active sex life and being disabled, that my non-friend is disability discrimination, but it could also be trolling, or keyboard warrioring, and while you're typing extra fast, you may not have noticed what you wrote about your old man "my old man doesn't have a badge yet she...." ain't my fault HE didn't have a blue badge, you don't get unless you apply for it

And maybe you were typing to fast to see my post correcting it to nan, as you said there may be people who dont appear to need it but have one but their number will be dwarfed by the amount of people abusing it and like so many of these types of issues its easier to attack the people poomtimg this out than the abusers of said system. Oh and noce throw another ism in there for good measure "

Where are your statistics for the people abusing this?

And how dare you accuse somebody of not needing a blue badge when they have been through the application process which is far more stringent and personal than anything I hope you'll ever have to deal with.

Reply privately

By *lactontogMan
over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

I smashed up my leg pretty bad about 20yrs ago where i almost lost my leg, 2 titanium rods replaced the bones in my lower leg & 24 screws in the leg & foot saved me from amputation. I still can only feel put of my big toe & part of my heel on my right foot & am in constant pain which i have strong pain killers for daily but i didn't have grounds for a badge even though walking when in pain is difficult.

My mother in law who is 84 with a bad heart who gets out of breath easy & has trouble walking was told she didn't qualify too.

As its almost impossible for most genuine cases to even get a badge how do some people slip though the net & get one it baffles me ?

Reply privately

By *ulfilthmentMan
over a year ago

Just around the corner

"They hand them out like candy there's three on my little street of ten houses that have them, and none of them actually need them?"

In your opinion, but possibly not that of whoever medically assessed them.

"There's plenty of old people who struggle to move about"

And if they've got mobility problems there's nothing to prevent them applying for a badge.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I smashed up my leg pretty bad about 20yrs ago where i almost lost my leg, 2 titanium rods replaced the bones in my lower leg & 24 screws in the leg & foot saved me from amputation. I still can only feel put of my big toe & part of my heel on my right foot & am in constant pain which i have strong pain killers for daily but i didn't have grounds for a badge even though walking when in pain is difficult.

My mother in law who is 84 with a bad heart who gets out of breath easy & has trouble walking was told she didn't qualify too.

As its almost impossible for most genuine cases to even get a badge how do some people slip though the net & get one it baffles me ? "

that's bad! I take it you drive? have an adapted car maybe?

my BIL has one, he has emphysema, and still smokes, I know this sounds judgemental, but why should he get help like that when he point blank refuses to stop? he cannot go out without help, and only goes out if he has too.

I had a riding accident in 1993, which resulted in the breakage of the cup of the pelvis, had few complications and spent the best part of the following two years in and out of hospital with various infections. one of these was an abcess that was close to bursting before they found it. The joint eventually died and crumbled and I walked for 14 years on a joint that was no longer there, with a bone loss of 3.5 inches. I eventually had a hip reconstruction / replacement in 2006, then I broke the femur round the stem 5 months later, so have a plate, wires and screws, there, and a knee replacement all in the same leg. In 6 weeks time I am having the other knee replaced as that has broken down now. I'm not looking forward to it as it's a very painful operation.

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

This is getting silly

If a person is using a Blue Badge legally then they have been medically assessed to need one and the opinion of some judgemental tosspot isn't worth anything

If however someone is illegally using the Blue Badge then they should be fined and if they have used it with the consent of the Blue Badge holder then the Blue Badge should be withdrawn

The rules on using the Blue Badge are here:

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/blue-badge-scheme-guide-badge-holders

Just because a Blue Badge holder looks OK to an onlooker does not mean anything

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This is getting silly

If a person is using a Blue Badge legally then they have been medically assessed to need one and the opinion of some judgemental tosspot isn't worth anything

If however someone is illegally using the Blue Badge then they should be fined and if they have used it with the consent of the Blue Badge holder then the Blue Badge should be withdrawn

Just because a Blue Badge holder looks OK to an onlooker does not mean anything"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I smashed up my leg pretty bad about 20yrs ago where i almost lost my leg, 2 titanium rods replaced the bones in my lower leg & 24 screws in the leg & foot saved me from amputation. I still can only feel put of my big toe & part of my heel on my right foot & am in constant pain which i have strong pain killers for daily but i didn't have grounds for a badge even though walking when in pain is difficult.

As its almost impossible for most genuine cases to even get a badge how do some people slip though the net & get one it baffles me ?

that's bad! I take it you drive? have an adapted car maybe?

my BIL has one, he has emphysema, and still smokes, I know this sounds judgemental, but why should he get help like that when he point blank refuses to stop? he cannot go out without help, and only goes out if he has too.

I had a riding accident in 1993, which resulted in the breakage of the cup of the pelvis, had few complications and spent the best part of the following two years in and out of hospital with various infections. one of these was an abcess that was close to bursting before they found it. The joint eventually died and crumbled and I walked for 14 years on a joint that was no longer there, with a bone loss of 3.5 inches. I eventually had a hip reconstruction / replacement in 2006, then I broke the femur round the stem 5 months later, so have a plate, wires and screws, there, and a knee replacement all in the same leg. In 6 weeks time I am having the other knee replaced as that has broken down now. I'm not looking forward to it as it's a very painful operation."

Good luck with the knee replacement. I know how painful that is x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This is getting silly

Just because a Blue Badge holder looks OK to an onlooker does not mean anything"

That pretty much says it all

Reply privately

over a year ago

thank you Nellie

Reply privately

By *anejohnkent6263Couple
over a year ago

canterbury

what gets to me is bays outside of houses.....must have 6 up my road used as a family and friends parking space ...there car is parked next to the bay taking up a space.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Personally they should be stricter on the misuse of disabled badges.

I'm a disabled person and have a blue badge and would not dream of giving it someone if I was not with them.

I think both parties are to blame and if it's taken without the persons consent surly that stealing? So the misuser should be trouble for that as well...

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"what gets to me is bays outside of houses.....must have 6 up my road used as a family and friends parking space ...there car is parked next to the bay taking up a space....."

"badge holders who experience persistent difficulties with parking close to their home or place of work may be entitled to the provision of a disabled parking bay and should contact their local Divisional TransportNI Office"

Nobody but a Blue Badge holder can park in such a bay. If you think this is being misused, call the Independant Travel Team in your Council and they will be more than happy to cancel their Blue Badge

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Nobody but a Blue Badge holder can park in such a bay. If you think this is being misused, call the Independant Travel Team in your Council and they will be more than happy to cancel their Blue Badge"

That's not technically true (I thought the same) from a telephone conversation I had with my council a few weeks ago, if there is a sign next to the disabled bay (where ever it is, outside a house, or in town centre) you are correct no-one but a badge holder can park there, however if there is no sign, then basically anyone can park there, but it is considered a goodwill gesture that able-bodied drivers leave the space for badge holders. Having said all that, the bays with signs outside of houses are not wardened, so even if someone does park in it who shouldn't they won't be getting a ticket.

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"

Nobody but a Blue Badge holder can park in such a bay. If you think this is being misused, call the Independant Travel Team in your Council and they will be more than happy to cancel their Blue Badge

That's not technically true (I thought the same) from a telephone conversation I had with my council a few weeks ago, if there is a sign next to the disabled bay (where ever it is, outside a house, or in town centre) you are correct no-one but a badge holder can park there, however if there is no sign, then basically anyone can park there, but it is considered a goodwill gesture that able-bodied drivers leave the space for badge holders. Having said all that, the bays with signs outside of houses are not wardened, so even if someone does park in it who shouldn't they won't be getting a ticket. "

My Council doesn't put a sign but the paint "Disabled" on the tarmac. You are correct; one can get the bay created but other disabled drivers could start using it. However, a non-blue-badge holder could get a fine

Whether it is warderned sufficiently or not, I could not say. It is like any other disabled bay. "Do you feel lucky, punk? Well, do ya"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

My Council doesn't put a sign but the paint "Disabled" on the tarmac. You are correct; one can get the bay created but other disabled drivers could start using it. However, a non-blue-badge holder could get a fine

Whether it is warderned sufficiently or not, I could not say. It is like any other disabled bay. "Do you feel lucky, punk? Well, do ya" "

LOL every disabled bay in the UK will have "disabled" painted on the tarmac next to it, otherwise how would we know?

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"

Whether it is warderned sufficiently or not, I could not say. It is like any other disabled bay. "Do you feel lucky, punk? Well, do ya"

LOL every disabled bay in the UK will have "disabled" painted on the tarmac next to it, otherwise how would we know? "

Some have a sign erected next to it too. I haven't paid much attention but I think the ones with the signs have some kind of time limit stated

Reply privately

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

I am sick of seeing non badge holders parking in disabled bays in supermarkets it is discusting they shoud be prosecuted

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"I've just been awarded a Blue Badge for 3 years and I am not on benefits. I am just broken

I'm sorry you're broken

I think it's different in England, but in Scotland no PIP / DLA (those who are still on it) no blue badge

Incidently, DLA, although most people have been taken off it (ex BF was graced with lifetime DLA for his EDS (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome) and was told way back when... that he would always receive it - well guess what? in came, PIP and out went DLA, he had to apply for PIP (you do not automatically get transferred) he did get it, but while he was waiting he had to give up his badge, and he doesn't get lifetime assurance"

Thank you

I'd not heard of that condition before but at least he got it. Many lost DLA and didn't get PIP.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Guess this thread will p**s off the motorway speedsters on here but what's other peoples' thoughts? "

What were the obvious misuses?

The only one I can think of is obesity. They should be made to park at the far end of the car park in order to burn off some calories

Reply privately

over a year ago

The badges are specifically for an individual and that person has to be present for the badge to be able to be used.thats what i thought you where going to say.

So my mum is using my stepdads incorrectly. When she pulls up somewhere gets him out the car into the place shes going, sits him down and then gets back in the car to park properly in the first available space as hes not present at the time"

I do this often and the attendants don't seem to mind as if they ask I am happy to prove I have the disabled person present, they just have to walk with me.

However, I know they don't hand them out that easily as it took me ages and oh so many letters from the hospital to finally get my mother one (much needed might I add).

I also know people who have misused them, got caught and got done for fraud. So really it's jot worth misusing the badge.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You only have to stand near a disabled parking lot and watch ,

Most walk better and faster then me,

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I am sick of seeing non badge holders parking in disabled bays in supermarkets it is discusting they shoud be prosecuted"

Or may the badge holders should be prosecuted for may be lying about how disabled they are and misuse of tax payers money for new cars and benefit .

I think a disable parking should be further away from the doors so to give them exercises , as an awful lot are over weight and being over weight and fat and lazy is clearly not a disability ,

Then free up the parking spaces for genuine old people who struggle to walk and clearly need help

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

"You only have to stand near a disabled parking lot and watch ,

"

Your ignorance is astounding

Reply privately

over a year ago

I can assure you that they don't. I had to appeal when one of my parents were turned down because they hadn't had their disability for a 6 month period. I had to get supporting letters etc before it was issued.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Your ignorance is astounding "

I assure you it isn't at all

Reply privately

over a year ago

Using them wrongly includes having the disabled person as a passenger, and using a disabled bay, if the disabled person gets out the car, but the driver stays in - effectively they do not need the space, as they could park elsewhere and just drive to the shop front, and pick them up there. thats not actually true my stepdad has his based on the fact he will always be the passenger and when my great aunt had hers in her 90s she had never held a driving licence in her life

Slightly aside, what I don't understand is why valid badge holders can park on double yellow lines, the lines are there for a reason-parking would generally cause an obstruction. "

Just because you have a badge it does not entitle you to park anywhere as most badge holders seem to think. There are rules of use given with the badge when issued most don't read it.

If you park on double yellows or anywhere else that causes an obstruction or is obviously dangerous they can still get a parking fine. It's down to traffic wardens discretion

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

Using them wrongly includes having the disabled person as a passenger, and using a disabled bay, if the disabled person gets out the car, but the driver stays in - effectively they do not need the space, as they could park elsewhere and just drive to the shop front, and pick them up there. thats not actually true my stepdad has his based on the fact he will always be the passenger and when my great aunt had hers in her 90s she had never held a driving licence in her life

Slightly aside, what I don't understand is why valid badge holders can park on double yellow lines, the lines are there for a reason-parking would generally cause an obstruction.

Just because you have a badge it does not entitle you to park anywhere as most badge holders seem to think. There are rules of use given with the badge when issued most don't read it.

If you park on double yellows or anywhere else that causes an obstruction or is obviously dangerous they can still get a parking fine. It's down to traffic wardens discretion "

You are entitled to Park on yellow lines for up to 3 hours, but if you do so, you must also display the clock card which should come with your badge.

Occasional parking by blue badge holders is unlikely to cause major issues; yellow lines are to prevent mass parking .

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

I assure you it isn't at all"

It really really is, you may be in denial but it really is quite evident in your posts.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It really really is, you may be in denial but it really is quite evident in your

posts. "

Not at all, and I will defend any genuine disabled person and would go out my way to help ,

But the system is widely and greatly abused and I think my statement is a genuine opinion not an attack,

Everyday and everywhere you see it,

Reply privately

By *lyingscotsman696Man
over a year ago

Renfrewshire

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I sadly agree with you.

I often work near blue badge parking bays and the number people who get out and walk off at good pace is ridiculous, it makes it even sadder when you see someone who struggles to even get out of the car who can't park for the selfish twats who could!

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

It really really is, you may be in denial but it really is quite evident in your

posts.

Not at all, and I will defend any genuine disabled person and would go out my way to help ,

But the system is widely and greatly abused and I think my statement is a genuine opinion not an attack,

Everyday and everywhere you see it,"

You are partially correct. However, some obese people are obese because of a disability which, if not prevents, then hinders them from exercising and loosing weight

Conversely, some people are so obese that their obesity has resulted in a disability

Whatever the reason, they are disabled and have been assessed as such by a battery of assessments carried out on them

To the other comment which stated that "people walking faster" than the poster; lots of disabilities can permit people to not just walk faster than most but infact outrun them; that is until they hit a wall of tiredness; it is as if someone threw close a switch causing a total power shutdown. I am talking about Cancer patients on Chemotherapy

I don't think it is up to me to sit in judgement. Disabled people have been judged by a ton of bureaucrats already. I guess watching the ParaOlympics has helped me understand the difficulties disabled people face and the courage and determination they have to succeed. Far more than I have sitting on my fat arse and, in the past, passing judgement on them

Reply privately

over a year ago

posts.

You are partially correct. However, some obese people are obese because of a disability which, if not prevents, then hinders them from exercising and loosing weight

Conversely, some people are so obese that their obesity has resulted in a disability

Whatever the reason, they are disabled and have been assessed as such by a battery of assessments carried out on them

To the other comment which stated that "people walking faster" than the poster; lots of disabilities can permit people to not just walk faster than most but infact outrun them; that is until they hit a wall of tiredness; it is as if someone threw close a switch causing a total power shutdown. I am talking about Cancer patients on Chemotherapy

I don't think it is up to me to sit in judgement. Disabled people have been judged by a ton of bureaucrats already. I guess watching the ParaOlympics has helped me understand the difficulties disabled people face and the courage and determination they have to succeed. Far more than I have sitting on my fat arse and, in the past, passing judgement on them"

That's a totally different argument, blue badges are for those with mobility issues, if you can walk 50 metres unaided at reasonable pace you shouldn't have one!.

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

posts.

I don't think it is up to me to sit in judgement. Disabled people have been judged by a ton of bureaucrats already. I guess watching the ParaOlympics has helped me understand the difficulties disabled people face and the courage and determination they have to succeed. Far more than I have sitting on my fat arse and, in the past, passing judgement on them.

That's a totally different argument, blue badges are for those with mobility issues, if you can walk 50 metres unaided at reasonable pace you shouldn't have one!.

"

And those who can, don't get a Blue Badge. Were you at their assessment and did you read the reports written by the medical professionals? I don't think so

Isn't it great that every passerby and onlooker isn't on the assessment panel; it would take years. Actually, sometimes, it does!

Reply privately

over a year ago

posts.

I don't think it is up to me to sit in judgement. Disabled people have been judged by a ton of bureaucrats already. I guess watching the ParaOlympics has helped me understand the difficulties disabled people face and the courage and determination they have to succeed. Far more than I have sitting on my fat arse and, in the past, passing judgement on them.

And those who can, don't get a Blue Badge. Were you at their assessment and did you read the reports written by the medical professionals? I don't think so

Isn't it great that every passerby and onlooker isn't on the assessment panel; it would take years. Actually, sometimes, it does!"

Well walking 50m unaided at reasonable pace is part of the assessment.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If you can't do it at the assessment but then suddenly you can while out on your own, it does look a bit fishy

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

posts.

Isn't it great that every passerby and onlooker isn't on the assessment panel; it would take years. Actually, sometimes, it does!.

"

And? Are you suggesting that they can and you can prove it? If so, why haven't you sent the footage to the local Council with the licence plate number? I would, if it bothered me that much and it was happening frequently

Reply privately

over a year ago

I do often actually!.

That's the beauty of mobile phones, I suggest more people do it

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/09/16 09:56:40]

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"I do often actually!.

That's the beauty of mobile phones, I suggest more people do it"

Very good. More people like you are needed to stop abuse of this and other systems

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I do often actually!.

Very good. More people like you are needed to stop abuse of this and other systems"

I think it's every citizens duty to uphold measures we as a society set, I see it as no different to shopping a drink driver or tax avoider.... Of which we all suspect there's plenty that abuse those rules as well

Reply privately

over a year ago

Do we really care that much if someone parks closer to tell shops than we do? does it really matter?

Reply privately

over a year ago

posts.

I don't think it is up to me to sit in judgement. Disabled people have been judged by a ton of bureaucrats already. I guess watching the ParaOlympics has helped me understand the difficulties disabled people face and the courage and determination they have to succeed. Far more than I have sitting on my fat arse and, in the past, passing judgement on them"

Unbelievable statement

We are talking disabled not disability

Most people have a disability ,

I have friends who's back from afghan no arms and legs missing and getting on with life ,

If I said to them they was the same as a fat person I would lose the friend ship,

This nanny state we live has to stop, being over weight doesn't make you a disabled person,

It my impeded your life but then do something to make it better,

Now you go tell a person with one leg to grow another,

And if you can walk or run what are you doing taking a space from a genuine person

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"I do often actually!.

Very good. More people like you are needed to stop abuse of this and other systems.

I think it's every citizens duty to uphold measures we as a society set, I see it as no different to shopping a drink driver or tax avoider.... Of which we all suspect there's plenty that abuse those rules as well"

I agree. I shot footage of a foody-joint which has put up hard-standing on the sidewalk. Doesn't bother me at all but it is a problem for wheelchair users during rush hour as it has halved the width of the sidewalk. Sent it to the local Council; so far, nothing has happened but I intend to follow it through

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Do we really care that much if someone parks closer to tell shops than we do? does it really matter?

"

That's the apathy that sets in and leads to a poorer society!.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Do we really care that much if someone parks closer to tell shops than we do? does it really matter?

"

Never bothered me I park as far as I can then walk and then call a taxi back

Reply privately

over a year ago

Iam all for helping people who needs help but let's be realistic we see the abuse ever day

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

posts.

I don't think it is up to me to sit in judgement. Disabled people have been judged by a ton of bureaucrats already. I guess watching the ParaOlympics has helped me understand the difficulties disabled people face and the courage and determination they have to succeed. Far more than I have sitting on my fat arse and, in the past, passing judgement on them

Unbelievable statement

We are talking disabled not disability

Most people have a disability ,

I have friends who's back from afghan no arms and legs missing and getting on with life ,

If I said to them they was the same as a fat person I would lose the friend ship,

This nanny state we live has to stop, being over weight doesn't make you a disabled person,

It my impeded your life but then do something to make it better,

Now you go tell a person with one leg to grow another,

And if you can walk or run what are you doing taking a space from a genuine person"

I am not talking about myself. I am talking about the rules and the assessment process. If there is something wrong with the assessment process then that needs to be changed. Blaming someone who has gone through the assessment and been given a Blue Badge is simply not on. And if you have evidence of someone cheating, then send this evidence to the authorities

Reply privately

over a year ago

posts.

Isn't it great that every passerby and onlooker isn't on the assessment panel; it would take years. Actually, sometimes, it does!.

"

You do realise there are exceptions to the 50m rule. My daughter can walk that far unaided but left to her own devices she is at serious risk and has to be accompanied by someone... and the 50m can not have any roads.. kerbs.. steps or inclines.. so see her walking from the car to the shop you may well think... oh why... if it had a step.. chances are she would fall down it or trip.

If it had a road she wouldn't stop... so get some understanding.. its bloody hard these days to get a assessment for the highest rate of dla and to get the blue badge

Reply privately

over a year ago

In Russia, if u keep parking like a fucktard u get a brick with a note on your bonnet, if that dont work it ends up on your drivers seat through the windshield. Effective and politically correct

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's the apathy that sets in and leads to a poorer society!."

Not in my opinion, filming people to prove they can walk 50m and have coned the state out of a blue badge, now that leeds to a poorer society!.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And then you are clearly genuine person or you daughter is I meant and no one would disagree

Reply privately

over a year ago

"In Russia, if u keep parking like a fucktard u get a brick with a note on your bonnet, if that dont work it ends up on your drivers seat through the windshield. Effective and politically correct"

And that's why Russia is like it is everyone coming this way

But that's another subject and post

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"In Russia, if u keep parking like a fucktard u get a brick with a note on your bonnet, if that dont work it ends up on your drivers seat through the windshield. Effective and politically correct"

Aren't you glad that you are now living in a civilised country? Ofcourse, if you don't like the civilised behaviour here, then returning to the motherland must always be an option available to you

Reply privately

over a year ago

posts.

You do realise there are exceptions to the 50m rule. My daughter can walk that far unaided but left to her own devices she is at serious risk and has to be accompanied by someone... and the 50m can not have any roads.. kerbs.. steps or inclines.. so see her walking from the car to the shop you may well think... oh why... if it had a step.. chances are she would fall down it or trip.

If it had a road she wouldn't stop... so get some understanding.. its bloody hard these days to get a assessment for the highest rate of dla and to get the blue badge "

I absolutely do have understanding for genuinely disabled badge holders, that's why I film people who I suspect of breaking the rules to help them actually get parking spaces they're entitled to and not filled by a bunch of lazy fuckers who just can't be arsed walking or paying parking fees

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyway I got ticket for parking in disable place lol

Reply privately

By *relanddirectMan
over a year ago

cheshire

This is something that really pisses me off! It is rife and I know several friends who actively misuse theirs, others who have them for the slightest ailment and others who clearly have a need but are too proud!

As a side note,,,,, UK planning allows for 68% more disabled parking than the EU average, is the UK disproportionately disabled, caring or simply carried away? On a side not and I will be shot for this why can the disabled park for free regardless of means?!! Ffs im all for equality but a disabled person who works in a friends business earns the same as an able bodied person, gets a mobility vehicle and free parking. For clarity if you were to meet him you would have to actually ask what the disability is! While I don't doubt he has difficulties they are not financial and he is more than capable of paying parking! Rant over

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not in my opinion, filming people to prove they can walk 50m and have coned the state out of a blue badge, now that leeds to a poorer society!.

"

That's your opinion! And your entitled to it.... Like I said I don't think it's anything different than shopping drink drivers, mobile phone drivers, tax avoiders, benefit claimers, speeders... There rules we've all agreed to abide by.... You seem to think it fine to avoid some of them, that's OK that's your opinion.i don't

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This is something that really pisses me off! It is rife and I know several friends who actively misuse theirs, others who have them for the slightest ailment and others who clearly have a need but are too proud!

As a side note,,,,, UK planning allows for 68% more disabled parking than the EU average, is the UK disproportionately disabled, caring or simply carried away? On a side not and I will be shot for this why can the disabled park for free regardless of means?!! Ffs im all for equality but a disabled person who works in a friends business earns the same as an able bodied person, gets a mobility vehicle and free parking. For clarity if you were to meet him you would have to actually ask what the disability is! While I don't doubt he has difficulties they are not financial and he is more than capable of paying parking! Rant over "

That about sums it up we all can relate to that

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

"This is something that really pisses me off! It is rife and I know several friends who actively misuse theirs, others who have them for the slightest ailment and others who clearly have a need but are too proud!

As a side note,,,,, UK planning allows for 68% more disabled parking than the EU average, is the UK disproportionately disabled, caring or simply carried away? On a side not and I will be shot for this why can the disabled park for free regardless of means?!! Ffs im all for equality but a disabled person who works in a friends business earns the same as an able bodied person, gets a mobility vehicle and free parking. For clarity if you were to meet him you would have to actually ask what the disability is! While I don't doubt he has difficulties they are not financial and he is more than capable of paying parking! Rant over

That about sums it up we all can relate to that "

It's not free everywhere; I remember having to pay in a couple of places in UK.....

As yo planning: EU/UK; I guess parking overall is much less of a problem over here; seldom see any car park full in France; so therefore plenty of spaces anyway; anecdotally; there seem to be just as many blue bays here as in UK; though I have never counted exactly .

Reply privately

over a year ago

As a society we've turned into lazy fuckers who want the "government" to do everything for us.

The amount of times I hear people moaning about seeing somebody let their dog shit on the pavement and say there's never a warden!!!.

You were there!... Do something about it.

This apathy has to stop and it's not something you can vote in, you just have to do it yourself!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have Autism and I have a lot of disabled friends.

I would say that blue badge misuse seriously needs to be policed because when a person has serious mobility issues it is like their whole world collapsing when a disabled bay is taken. A couple steps might not seem much to a able bodied person but it is a lot of pain and frustration to a mobility impaired person.

I personally think the best way to address the problem is use these new parking bay scanners which gather information about the car in the parking spot. If the car doesn't have a blue badge & the disabled person in the car upon parking then the police are called.

This is done by the GPS on your mobile phone and bluetooth transmitters.

It will be expensive at the start for businesses but the majority of parking spaces are either big business or council spaces.

It can be done.

What do you think?

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

As a side note,,,,, UK planning allows for 68% more disabled parking than the EU average, is the UK disproportionately disabled, caring or simply carried away? On a side not and I will be shot for this why can the disabled park for free regardless of means?!! Ffs im all for equality but a disabled person who works in a friends business earns the same as an able bodied person, gets a mobility vehicle and free parking. For clarity if you were to meet him you would have to actually ask what the disability is! While I don't doubt he has difficulties they are not financial and he is more than capable of paying parking! Rant over "

Kind of agree with you there

Whilst I am all in favour of helping disabled people, I don't see why a disabled person should park for free. Closer, yes; but not for free

And I have never understood the reason for freedom passes. It is not as if I could walk several miles to work each day anymore than a disabled person could. So why a free freedom pass?

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's your opinion! And your entitled to it.... Like I said I don't think it's anything different than shopping drink drivers, mobile phone drivers, tax avoiders, benefit claimers, speeders... There rules we've all agreed to abide by.... You seem to think it fine to avoid some of them, that's OK that's your opinion.i don't

"

But if people have gone through the assessment system we all agreed to abide by, what makes it your job to film them and expose that in your opinion they don't deserve to park in disabled bays? it is you that thinks it's fine to avoid the assessment body rules, not me.

Incidentally what is your opinion of parking in family spaces when the kids are not in the car? should we report them too?

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"Anyway I got ticket for parking in disable place lol"

So did I; but I wasn't laughing; b**stards got £60 out of me

But I guess, I took a chance and lost

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Anyway I got ticket for parking in disable place lol

But I guess, I took a chance and lost"

I complained as picking my mother up who can not walk more then ten meters and in pain, I told them she hasn't a badge nor do we want one and said look at her , where the hell can I park and pointed at people as fit as me getting out the disabled cars, warden totally agreed with me and removed the ticket and said sorry

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I have Autism and I have a lot of disabled friends.

I would say that blue badge misuse seriously needs to be policed because when a person has serious mobility issues it is like their whole world collapsing when a disabled bay is taken. A couple steps might not seem much to a able bodied person but it is a lot of pain and frustration to a mobility impaired person.

I personally think the best way to address the problem is use these new parking bay scanners which gather information about the car in the parking spot. If the car doesn't have a blue badge & the disabled person in the car upon parking then the police are called.

This is done by the GPS on your mobile phone and bluetooth transmitters.

It will be expensive at the start for businesses but the majority of parking spaces are either big business or council spaces.

It can be done.

What do you think?"

The start will be making it completely unacceptable too society to fake illness for a parking badge.... That's what I was taking about with apathy, were far too apathetic to dog shit on pavements, kids breaking up park equipment, swearing on the street... The amount of 12 year olds I've bollocked for shouting swear words in the shopping precinct!

Society is fucked because the majority aren't willing to do anything about the minority

Reply privately

over a year ago

But if people have gone through the assessment system we all agreed to abide by, what makes it your job to film them and expose that in your opinion they don't deserve to park in disabled bays? it is you that thinks it's fine to avoid the assessment body rules, not me.

Incidentally what is your opinion of parking in family spaces when the kids are not in the car? should we report them too?"

We should beat them if they are in their cars if not smash a window and leave a polite note lol

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"Anyway I got ticket for parking in disable place lol

But I guess, I took a chance and lost

I complained as picking my mother up who can not walk more then ten meters and in pain, I told them she hasn't a badge nor do we want one and said look at her , where the hell can I park and pointed at people as fit as me getting out the disabled cars, warden totally agreed with me and removed the ticket and said sorry "

Atleast you had a reasonable excuse

Mine was that I was just in and out of the dry cleaners and it was a heavy package. I knew it want going to work. And frankly, there could have been a disabled person needing that space and probably drove off. Maybe they too had a heavy package to collect

Not doing that again

Reply privately

over a year ago

Incidentally what is your opinion of parking in family spaces when the kids are not in the car? should we report them too?"

I think your being deliberately obtuse!.

Try reading what I wrote.

So walking 50m unaided at good pace means you shouldn't have a blue badge..... If I was filming people struggling with kerbs or breathing or falling over and complaining then fair enough.

What I said is....I regularly work near blue badge parking bays and when i see somebody I suspect of breaking those rules I film them and send the footage to the council, sometimes it might be the third or fourth time I've seen them in a week....

To answer your other point, well we all took a driving test, should I not report speeders or drink drivers because they undertook the assessment?... No of course I should,i can't understand what your objecting to, perhaps your worrying somebody might film you?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I guess your instance was a spur of the moment mistake but I do sympathise and understand where you coming from.

Couple of friends highlighted we need a reservation system for all vulnerable people parking spaces so while spaces aren't reserved able bodied people can use them.

This does high light one danger though and I refer to the comment the poster above made about society being apathetic and non-caring. This main danger being people could just use disabled spaces when they are reserved.

However if we have automated transmitters put in place the offenders could have a photo taken of their vehicle while the space was reserved for a vulnerable user.

(I've probably gave people a new idea for getting caught in the spur of the moment).

I know a lot of people get annoyed of the world turning into a nanny state but I would argue that we need solutions that promote equality for the less able but still allow everyone else to function in society.

Am I on the right course with this idea?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I guess your instance was a spur of the moment mistake but I do sympathise and understand where you coming from.

Couple of friends highlighted we need a reservation system for all vulnerable people parking spaces so while spaces aren't reserved able bodied people can use them.

This does high light one danger though and I refer to the comment the poster above made about society being apathetic and non-caring. This main danger being people could just use disabled spaces when they are reserved.

However if we have automated transmitters put in place the offenders could have a photo taken of their vehicle while the space was reserved for a vulnerable user.

(I've probably gave people a new idea for getting caught in the spur of the moment).

I know a lot of people get annoyed of the world turning into a nanny state but I would argue that we need solutions that promote equality for the less able but still allow everyone else to function in society.

Am I on the right course with this idea?

"

Were all waiting for technology to save us from ourselves?.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well you are right. People should always do the right thing but they don't and those of us who know better should intervene.

My mother taught be at a very young age to give up my bus seat for a elderly person or a disabled person. I have followed that example until this day despite even times when I have been in pain due to old sports injuries.

It does annoy me a lot because there was a article recently about a disabled women reserving a train seat and 2 professional gentlemen basically ignoring her when she pleaded her case in a need to sit down. They just looked at their smartphones and blanked her.

Really is bad the way society is going.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Incidentally what is your opinion of parking in family spaces when the kids are not in the car? should we report them too?.

So walking 50m unaided at good pace means you shouldn't have a blue badge..... If I was filming people struggling with kerbs or breathing or falling over and complaining then fair enough.

What I said is....I regularly work near blue badge parking bays and when i see somebody I suspect of breaking those rules I film them and send the footage to the council, sometimes it might be the third or fourth time I've seen them in a week....

To answer your other point, well we all took a driving test, should I not report speeders or drink drivers because they undertook the assessment?... No of course I should,i can't understand what your objecting to, perhaps your worrying somebody might film you?"

Yes at least once a month you will see me park the car in a disabled space, walk jauntily and healthily away from it. chances are you won't have seen me walk back to the car and move it to an ordinary parking space, or after returning to the disabled space walk slowly back to the car with my mother, who was fairly and correctly issued her blue badge.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Incidentally what is your opinion of parking in family spaces when the kids are not in the car? should we report them too?.

To answer your other point, well we all took a driving test, should I not report speeders or drink drivers because they undertook the assessment?... No of course I should,i can't understand what your objecting to, perhaps your worrying somebody might film you?

Yes at least once a month you will see me park the car in a disabled space, walk jauntily and healthily away from it. chances are you won't have seen me walk back to the car and move it to an ordinary parking space, or after returning to the disabled space walk slowly back to the car with my mother, who was fairly and correctly issued her blue badge. "

I wouldn't get a prosecution if I didn't catch them returning?.

The minute you walk back alone and move your car from the disabled spot you've misused the blue badge?.

You seem to think I'm concerned about you parking nearer to a shop than I,.. Well firstly i nearly always walk into town from my house, secondly what I'm concerned about is people who aren't in need of a blue badge using one and then filling up the disabled bays for genuinely disabled badge holders, my very good friend is disabled and he can never park in town in the 30 or 40 spots because their routinely misused by lazy people.

So like I said you having nothing to worry about being filmed if your not breaking the rules?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The minute you walk back alone and move your car from the disabled spot you've misused the blue badge?.

You seem to think I'm concerned about you parking nearer to a shop than I,.. Well firstly i nearly always walk into town from my house, secondly what I'm concerned about is people who aren't in need of a blue badge using one and then filling up the disabled bays for genuinely disabled badge holders, my very good friend is disabled and he can never park in town in the 30 or 40 spots because their routinely misused by lazy people.

So like I said you having nothing to worry about being filmed if your not breaking the rules?"

Trimmed to your last post,

You see I do walk back to the car alone, and have been reported. I walk back alone as Mother is sat in the hairdressers often for an hour, so I move the car for that time to let others use the space.

Unfortunately interfering busybodies that have half a story and make up the rest, have reported me with my mother's badge number resulting in an old woman with dementia receiving threatening letters which she doesn't tell me about but hides them until people start knocking on her door causing all sorts of grief.

And that is what is wrong with your self appointed vidilantie approach.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The minute you walk back alone and move your car from the disabled spot you've misused the blue badge?.

So like I said you having nothing to worry about being filmed if your not breaking the rules?

Trimmed to your last post,

You see I do walk back to the car alone, and have been reported. I walk back alone as Mother is sat in the hairdressers often for an hour, so I move the car for that time to let others use the space.

Unfortunately interfering busybodies that have half a story and make up the rest, have reported me with my mother's badge number resulting in an old woman with dementia receiving threatening letters which she doesn't tell me about but hides them until people start knocking on her door causing all sorts of grief.

And that is what is wrong with your self appointed vidilantie approach."

Again my "vigilante" approach could not bother you, I presume you left the car with your mother?

Ie on one of the trips you accompanied your ma?..

You have to film the person leaving and returning for a prosecution, it's exactly how the council would enforce it, I'm just doing unpaid volunteer work for them by filming suspects....

I've had about 17 successful filmings out of 19 attempts.

I encourage more people to do it if they have the spare time like I do.

It's not particularly difficult, you get a nose for the abusers after awhile!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

She shouldn't get letters for somebody seeing you on a one way trip either from or back to your car, it's not lawful unless you can prove the car was used for a trip by a non badge holder!.

I learnt that on my first filming.

All you need to do is film them getting out walking for about 80m then returning to the car... The rest is upto the authority

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sometimes people use their elderly mother's badge for a quick trip into town, they justify using it because there getting some shopping for their old dear and they don't wish to pay a quid to park, unfortunately for them this is not how the badges are designed for.... Occasionally when being caught their old dear may receive a warning letter giving them a bad conscience and trying to justify it more by declaring "does it really matter"... Turns out it does to me!

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

Councils rely on the public to report misuse of Blue Badges, fly tipping, etc. There is no way a Council can afford an army of observers

If the public do not report such misuses then they should not moan about it either

Reply privately

over a year ago

Was it Pluto that said bad people will always break laws, what we need isn't more laws, but more good people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sometimes people use their elderly mother's badge for a quick trip into town, they justify using it because there getting some shopping for their old dear and they don't wish to pay a quid to park, unfortunately for them this is not how the badges are designed for.... Occasionally when being caught their old dear may receive a warning letter giving them a bad conscience and trying to justify it more by declaring "does it really matter"... Turns out it does to me!"

I have never used a disabled space unless it is to give my mother access to the town.

Further to that IF mother has an appointment e.g. hair dresser I use the space to drop her off, walk her to the appointment then move the car to the normal car park and return to the disabled bay only when they call me to collect her.

Which I suppose does give vigilantes opportunity as I do walk both ways.

The result was Mother refused to get in the car for over 2 months, so never left the house. hope the anonymous dipshit was proud of his work.

IF a blue badge is awarded then it is not for members of the public to decide who deserves them.

Reply privately

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"Sometimes people use their elderly mother's badge for a quick trip into town, they justify using it because there getting some shopping for their old dear and they don't wish to pay a quid to park, unfortunately for them this is not how the badges are designed for.... Occasionally when being caught their old dear may receive a warning letter giving them a bad conscience and trying to justify it more by declaring "does it really matter"... Turns out it does to me!

I have never used a disabled space unless it is to give my mother access to the town.

Further to that IF mother has an appointment e.g. hair dresser I use the space to drop her off, walk her to the appointment then move the car to the normal car park and return to the disabled bay only when they call me to collect her.

The result was Mother refused to get in the car for over 2 months, so never left the house. hope the anonymous dipshit was proud of his work.

IF a blue badge is awarded then it is not for members of the public to decide who deserves them."

Correct; if the Blue Badge is awarded then it should be used by the holder or for the benefit of the holder

And whilst you are using the badge to assist your mother, there are some who are misusing someone else's badge because they are lazy/greedy/whatever

If nobody reports them then the scheme could eventually get discredited (as can be seen by a number of comments here on this thread)

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sometimes people use their elderly mother's badge for a quick trip into town, they justify using it because there getting some shopping for their old dear and they don't wish to pay a quid to park, unfortunately for them this is not how the badges are designed for.... Occasionally when being caught their old dear may receive a warning letter giving them a bad conscience and trying to justify it more by declaring "does it really matter"... Turns out it does to me!

IF a blue badge is awarded then it is not for members of the public to decide who deserves them."

That was an example not your case!.

No your still not leaving your car and returning to your car without your mother, it doesn't matter how many ways you think you might do it, you can't break the rules unless you leave the car without your mother and then return to the car without your mother.

Busy body anonymous dipshits as you say would have found it impossible to report you?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I go in tesco's at midnight and park in the specially allocated parking spaces for shoppers with kids,once a sour faced old hag asked if I knew the spaces were for shoppers with children so I said do you know it's nearly midnight?

The end

Reply privately

over a year ago

IF a blue badge is awarded then it is not for members of the public to decide who deserves them..

No your still not leaving your car and returning to your car without your mother, it doesn't matter how many ways you think you might do it, you can't break the rules unless you leave the car without your mother and then return to the car without your mother.

Busy body anonymous dipshits as you say would have found it impossible to report you?"

well I was reported, and they had video, unfortunately without times on it, once I became aware with the help of the hairdressers appointment book I cleared it up. but that does not alleviate the damage done to a vulnerable deserving case does it!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Was it Pluto that said bad people will always break laws, what we need isn't more laws, but more good people. "

Exactly,if you are prepared to use a blue badge just to save a few quid you better hope you never get your very own legitimately owned blue badge.

There used to be quite high standards of decency in this country

Reply privately

over a year ago

IF a blue badge is awarded then it is not for members of the public to decide who deserves them..

Busy body anonymous dipshits as you say would have found it impossible to report you?

well I was reported, and they had video, unfortunately without times on it, once I became aware with the help of the hairdressers appointment book I cleared it up. but that does not alleviate the damage done to a vulnerable deserving case does it! "

Well I was told quite clearly by the authorities that there's no case to answer unless your filmed leaving the vehicle and returning.

I'd take your case up with them and not vigilantes as you like to call them

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just because you have a badge it does not entitle you to park anywhere as most badge holders seem to think. There are rules of use given with the badge when issued most don't read it.

If you park on double yellows or anywhere else that causes an obstruction or is obviously dangerous they can still get a parking fine. It's down to traffic wardens discretion "

Nobody has said that having a badge did give them a right to park anywhere

Clearly you have not read the entire thread, as I have already mentioned the yellow line parking dispute, but no worries, here is the question and answer from the council website itself.

"Can you park on a double yellow line with a disabled badge?

Badge holders may also be exempt from limits on parking times imposed on others and can park for up to three hours on single and double yellow lines so long as they are not causing an obstruction (except where there is a ban on loading or unloading or other restrictions)."

As for the person who think those who have a badge because they are overweight, think again... alot of medicines like steroids cause weight gain, but they are prescribed because they help the persons condition, unfortunately you can't have one without the other, how very shallow of you to think that overweight people have them because of their weight. Incidentely I have one, I'm overweight, but I also have walking issues (not due to the weight - which I'm trying to do something about) and it's these people who need the spaces closest to the shop. Funnily enough being old isn't a disability - it's a fact of life, but if they need help, I hope they get it. I know 2 ladies who are both 75, one is unsteady on her feet, and ill a lot of the time, the other is very active, and walks as much as she can.

Reply privately