Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

ANY

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

other photographers...fabs fine..but things UNfab?

I'm primarily a nature photographer, insects etc..

I'd like pointers or like to give help

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/09/16 15:04:16]

over a year ago

I'm a wedding/portrait photographer by day.

I do a bit of boudoir and sporting work too.

over a year ago

"I'm a wedding/portrait photographer by day.

I do a bit of boudoir and sporting work too."

thanks..I am being honest here..I like pics on meets, but it is my actual hobby..I'd like it not to be a hobby

I want a full frame cmera...but I'm limited to a d5500 at present, good lenses etc..

I hate annoying iso(I imagine full frame its not too bad)

over a year ago

Full frame sensors have a few advantages, your getting more image for your buck and room to play with crops.

I like a crop sensor but only for use in sports or airshows. The extra magnification it gives helps me to use a shorter focal length to each the same framing. But like you say, you can get high noise levels when using higher ISO (1600 and up)

Have you tried noise suppression software?

over a year ago

"Full frame sensors have a few advantages, your getting more image for your buck and room to play with crops.

I like a crop sensor but only for use in sports or airshows. The extra magnification it gives helps me to use a shorter focal length to each the same framing. But like you say, you can get high noise levels when using higher ISO (1600 and up)

Have you tried noise suppression software?

"

nose supression , I really only use photoshops camera RAW. I've looked at DXO..but my version doesnt allow RAW editing(boo)

ideally I'd like a d500,,,but right at this moment I'm pulling out some brill macros from my 70-300 old tamron(I added auto-ext tubes too), am happy with the noise, though going above 5000..I wont accept(unless dxo can really make it better)

Thanks for asking,,,and I am a properly interested photographer, sex aside

By *G LanaTV/TS
over a year ago

Gosport

I mainly photograph landscapes both contryside and urban. I am looking to get into micro photography and have just purchased a motorised focus stacking rail but I probably need either reversing rings or bellows to get the most out of it.

I'm bit prone to playing with technically complex methods rather than concentrating on composition. I have therefore spent ages working on high resolution 360x180 images and HDR in the past.

over a year ago

Try the Niksoft suite that Google have made available for free to everyone. There's a good noise reduction filter on that. As well as some great creative stuff too.

I confess to knowing very little about Nikon stuff as I use a pair 5Dmk3's and a 6D. But I know the d500 is a cracking bit of kit, I used one for a 2nd shooting position at a wedding last week. I get some great results with it.

What area do you want to make the non-hobby part? I will warn beforehand that any attempt at photography as a business/paying hobby needs big investment and preferably a secure job.

I'm still working full time alongside my wedding/studio work.

over a year ago

"I mainly photograph landscapes both contryside and urban. I am looking to get into micro photography and have just purchased a motorised focus stacking rail but I probably need either reversing rings or bellows to get the most out of it.

I'm bit prone to playing with technically complex methods rather than concentrating on composition. I have therefore spent ages working on high resolution 360x180 images and HDR in the past."

I normqally do macro( i just sold my 40mm nikon micro 1:1)(it was pretty useless, but obver the years it really wasnt that bad.my 70-300 tamron is shit but I got sopme ext tubes and tthey appear to work better than the dedicated macro lens I sold(plus I was farther aeay from my subject)

there is a brill new line up from some overseas company, VENUS optics(its an entirely manual lens...but check it out on youtube),It is a wide eye macro..but make the subject essentially part of the scene rather than being the sole focus

but they have a VERY well reviewed WIDE angle macro lens...something u probably havent seen anywhere else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDcmBv1p4go

over a year ago

"Try the Niksoft suite that Google have made available for free to everyone. There's a good noise reduction filter on that. As well as some great creative stuff too.

I confess to knowing very little about Nikon stuff as I use a pair 5Dmk3's and a 6D. But I know the d500 is a cracking bit of kit, I used one for a 2nd shooting position at a wedding last week. I get some great results with it.

What area do you want to make the non-hobby part? I will warn beforehand that any attempt at photography as a business/paying hobby needs big investment and preferably a secure job.

I'm still working full time alongside my wedding/studio work."

I'm secure enough lol..but I know I need more quip..to make myself feel more 'real' lol

tyhere are so many considerations whn deling with proper photography I suppose...sometimes I see great iphone pics etc.but even I know, these are designed more for internet viweing as opposed to large viw..like poster size..thats why I'd always choose a proper camera

By *G LanaTV/TS
over a year ago

Gosport

"I mainly photograph landscapes both contryside and urban. I am looking to get into micro photography and have just purchased a motorised focus stacking rail but I probably need either reversing rings or bellows to get the most out of it.

I'm bit prone to playing with technically complex methods rather than concentrating on composition. I have therefore spent ages working on high resolution 360x180 images and HDR in the past.

I normqally do macro( i just sold my 40mm nikon micro 1:1)(it was pretty useless, but obver the years it really wasnt that bad.my 70-300 tamron is shit but I got sopme ext tubes and tthey appear to work better than the dedicated macro lens I sold(plus I was farther aeay from my subject)

there is a brill new line up from some overseas company, VENUS optics(its an entirely manual lens...but check it out on youtube),It is a wide eye macro..but make the subject essentially part of the scene rather than being the sole focus

but they have a VERY well reviewed WIDE angle macro lens...something u probably havent seen anywhere else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDcmBv1p4go

"

That is an interesting lens although currently beyond my toy budget as I have been backing too much o Kickstarter the last couple of months.

Post new Message to Thread