Anyone on here done one. Any top tips..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Wear compression bandages around your ankles

over a year ago

Hey, I have I done my first one a couple of months ago.

The only tip I can give you is have fun. It's great, everyone helps each other round the obstacles, give a hand where you can and enjoy it.

Oh and when you get to shock therapy, just run.

over a year ago

"We are both doing the full tough murder on Sunday. Has

Anyone on here done one. Any top tips.."

let me know how it goes my work wants to do one as a team building exercise

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Hey, I have I done my first one a couple of months ago.

The only tip I can give you is have fun. It's great, everyone helps each other round the obstacles, give a hand where you can and enjoy it.

Oh and when you get to shock therapy, just run. "

the arctic enema sounds slightly worrying

over a year ago

It's the most fun you can have with (very little) clothes on! Pace yourself and work as a team!

over a year ago

I am a broken man, think I have cracked a rib. Wife is fine though.

over a year ago

They don't call it "tough" for nothing! Well done anyway. x

over a year ago

I always thought it was a charity event- take it I'm wrong?

Why not just get a crew and do the team building on the 3 peaks?

over a year ago

"I always thought it was a charity event- take it I'm wrong?

Why not just get a crew and do the team building on the 3 peaks?"

our team has raised over a thousand quid for charity

By *axandbooCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Hopefully you have been training for it....

Fluids! Ibruprofen for after, isogels and bananas!

Important thing is have fun and enjoy

over a year ago

"I am a broken man, think I have cracked a rib. Wife is fine though. "

Well done. Hope you had fun

over a year ago

Well done to you guy's. I've done several., most enjoyable 10ish miles I've ran. Laughed all the way round.

Have ago at the toughguy race the original obstacle course race.

Can be done over marathon distance if your fit enough.

over a year ago

" Any top tips.."

Get yourself checked out by a Psychiatrist before hand..just to confirm you're capable of making a rational decision....like taking part in Tough Mudder.

over a year ago

"Hopefully you have been training for it....

Fluids! Ibruprofen for after, isogels and bananas!

Important thing is have fun and enjoy "

thanks for the advice the red wine and painkillers seem to be numbing me now xxx

over a year ago

Well done to you both...

By *UNCHBOXMan
over a year ago

folkestone

Is it like an adult version of We are the champions?

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Well done

over a year ago

"Is it like an adult version of We are the champions?"
I wish it was lol. The air ambulance only came once in the time that we were there lol

By *rMrs_CCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth

I did it last yr (Mrs C) loved every min. Wasn't keen on the electric shock at the end but did it in 3hrs 59. I want to do another 9 to get the legionnaires badge!!

over a year ago

Anyone on here done one. Any top tips.."

Yeah we did it one in Skipton about a month 6 weeks ago, on.real tips as it isn't that difficult to be honest

Just make sure you eat and drink a lot before you start as the water stations are quite far apart

over a year ago

Ha ha ha didn't see that you had already done it,

over a year ago

just seen this and off to google - sounds interesting - i wont be doing it though i know that much already

over a year ago

bloody hell - well done to anyone who does that

over a year ago

"I did it last yr (Mrs C) loved every min. Wasn't keen on the electric shock at the end but did it in 3hrs 59. I want to do another 9 to get the legionnaires badge!!"
no what you mean I thought it would be a 12volt tingle... More like a 240volt thwack

over a year ago

Anyone on here done one. Any top tips..

Yeah we did it one in Skipton about a month 6 weeks ago, on.real tips as it isn't that difficult to be honest

Just make sure you eat and drink a lot before you start as the water stations are quite far apart"

I did that one too

over a year ago

Has to be said there were some most delightful Lycra clad bottoms on display....

over a year ago

"Has to be said there were some most delightful Lycra clad bottoms on display...."

That I can agree with

over a year ago

"Well done to you guy's. I've done several., most enjoyable 10ish miles I've ran. Laughed all the way round.

Can be done over marathon distance if your fit enough. "

I'm doing Tough Guy in January, it's the last one ever so pretty special. If anyone fancies an OCR (obstacle course race) buddy I'm your gal X

over a year ago

"Well done to you guy's. I've done several., most enjoyable 10ish miles I've ran. Laughed all the way round.

I'm doing Tough Guy in January, it's the last one ever so pretty special. If anyone fancies an OCR (obstacle course race) buddy I'm your gal X "

I'm gutted this is the last Tough Guy, did the summer one 4 years ago and it's the toughest thing I've ever done. I know a couple of people who did the winter one and it was a particularly cold winter; they were wading through ice in the water sections.

Have a great race

over a year ago

I'm doing Tough Guy in January, it's the last one ever so pretty special. If anyone fancies an OCR (obstacle course race) buddy I'm your gal X

I'm gutted this is the last Tough Guy, did the summer one 4 years ago and it's the toughest thing I've ever done. I know a couple of people who did the winter one and it was a particularly cold winter; they were wading through ice in the water sections.

Have a great race"

You survived it so well done! There's a YouTube video of Bam Margera (Jackass) doing it and I've scared myself witless watching it lol X

over a year ago

Have a great race

You survived it so well done! There's a YouTube video of Bam Margera (Jackass) doing it and I've scared myself witless watching it lol X "

I can't say it was fun but I did get a sense of achievement when I got to the end

I would recommend looking into what channel swimmers use on their bodies to fight the cold as the guys who did the winter one said that the cold was the biggest problem; especially as you can be stood waiting to go on obstacles.

Make sure you get some cross country/fell running shoes as the run zig zags up some hilly bits and it can get a bit slippy

Take the next day off work too as you'll need it, as much for the hangover you'll have after a celebration drink

over a year ago

Have a great race

You survived it so well done! There's a YouTube video of Bam Margera (Jackass) doing it and I've scared myself witless watching it lol X

I can't say it was fun but I did get a sense of achievement when I got to the end

I would recommend looking into what channel swimmers use on their bodies to fight the cold as the guys who did the winter one said that the cold was the biggest problem; especially as you can be stood waiting to go on obstacles.

Make sure you get some cross country/fell running shoes as the run zig zags up some hilly bits and it can get a bit slippy

Take the next day off work too as you'll need it, as much for the hangover you'll have after a celebration drink"

just seen the video and reviews for tough guy and have to say I am tempted, but don't think I will be able to get in the shape required for it by then

over a year ago

Have a great race

Take the next day off work too as you'll need it, as much for the hangover you'll have after a celebration drinkjust seen the video and reviews for tough guy and have to say I am tempted, but don't think I will be able to get in the shape required for it by then "

Upper body strength is the key, you won't be running as much as you think. There's always someone behind you urging you on; which helps especially on the walk along the planks at 20 foot up.

It's also sadly the last ever one

over a year ago

Have a great race

Take the next day off work too as you'll need it, as much for the hangover you'll have after a celebration drinkjust seen the video and reviews for tough guy and have to say I am tempted, but don't think I will be able to get in the shape required for it by then

Upper body strength is the key, you won't be running as much as you think. There's always someone behind you urging you on; which helps especially on the walk along the planks at 20 foot up.

It's also sadly the last ever one"

I'd love to find a fb to do these runs with then relax with after..

over a year ago

We both run the Hell Run Down South in January, have done three so far.

12 miles (ish) cross country with a swim in icy deep water near the end.

over a year ago

Wear gloves and take rehydration sachets x

over a year ago

"

Oh and when you get to shock therapy, just run. "

This for definite, trying to pick you're way through slowly is not the approach. Go as fast as you can and don't stop.

over a year ago

"

This for definite, trying to pick you're way through slowly is not the approach. Go as fast as you can and don't stop. "

by the time we got to shock therapy I could barely walk let alone run...short bursts of 10,000 volts bloody hurts

over a year ago

"

This for definite, trying to pick you're way through slowly is not the approach. Go as fast as you can and don't stop. by the time we got to shock therapy I could barely walk let alone run...short bursts of 10,000 volts bloody hurts"

That's one you need to gather yourself for, take a breather then hit it lol

over a year ago

"

This for definite, trying to pick you're way through slowly is not the approach. Go as fast as you can and don't stop. by the time we got to shock therapy I could barely walk let alone run...short bursts of 10,000 volts bloody hurts

That's one you need to gather yourself for, take a breather then hit it lol "

I did still hurts like fuck though...

By *ovis69 and green eyesMan
over a year ago

valleys

Tape trainers on I lost one when I did my 1st one last year

Post new Message to Thread