Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How do you cope if....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

you have an auto immune disease called Lichen Sclerosis?

For those who don't know what is it, it's a painful condition that causes your skin to go silvery/white on your genitals, it can be linked to cancer, and when you have a flare up, sex is out of bounds.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Anal and oral?

over a year ago

"Anal and oral?"

Not really sure that this sounds like something to be taking the piss out of...

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

"you have an auto immune disease called Lichen Sclerosis?

For those who don't know what is it, it's a painful condition that causes your skin to go silvery/white on your genitals, it can be linked to cancer, and when you have a flare up, sex is out of bounds. "

I imagine you circle friends and family and concentrate on those things in life that you can.

Balance in all things.

Sexually? Whatever works.

over a year ago

"you have an auto immune disease called Lichen Sclerosis?

For those who don't know what is it, it's a painful condition that causes your skin to go silvery/white on your genitals, it can be linked to cancer, and when you have a flare up, sex is out of bounds.

I imagine you circle friends and family and concentrate on those things in life that you can.

Balance in all things.

Sexually? Whatever works. "

This

over a year ago

"Anal and oral?

Not really sure that this sounds like something to be taking the piss out of..."

Not exactly taking the piss out of, I didn't belittle the condition or the person who has it - although I willingly admit my response was tongue in cheek sir white knight

over a year ago

Wife was diagnosed with it, in 2005. It made sex painful for her, so we stopped bonking. Plenty of other stuff to do though.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/09/16 20:56:33]

over a year ago

"Wife was diagnosed with it, in 2005. It made sex painful for her, so we stopped bonking. Plenty of other stuff to do though."

if it's dormant in between flare ups, perfectly able to have sex, and yes I have been, this is the first time in a long time I've had a flare this bad and at the front, usually its at the back.

Is your wife ok now?

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

OP i tried to message you but i can't because of your filters.

I don't have the condition you mention but i do have an auto immune illness that affects my skin in many areas. When i have a flare up sex is most definitely off the menu. I struggle to do anything at all so i have to just wait it out until it eases off.

The last flare up lasted over a month and affected my armpits, groin and under my boobs. It's excruciatingly painful and incurable and I've had it for nearly 30 years.

Just make the most of the good times and enjoy yourself when you are able.

(Btw have you tried taking zinc supplements? I find it really helps)

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

OP, do you know what triggers your flares?

over a year ago

I also have an auto-immune disease called bechets. Am on steroids anticoagulants immune suppressants..I find stress is linked to flare ups.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I also have an auto-immune disease called bechets. Am on steroids anticoagulants immune suppressants..I find stress is linked to flare ups. "

I have lupus and stress can cause me to flare.

over a year ago

"I also have an auto-immune disease called bechets. Am on steroids anticoagulants immune suppressants..I find stress is linked to flare ups.

I have lupus and stress can cause me to flare.

"

I haven't had a flare up for a number of years luckily

By *ina75Woman
over a year ago

Stone

"I also have an auto-immune disease called bechets. Am on steroids anticoagulants immune suppressants..I find stress is linked to flare ups. "

I am very familiar with this and I know that it's far better to pace yourself in all things and try not to over tire yourself too.

over a year ago

"Wife was diagnosed with it, in 2005. It made sex painful for her, so we stopped bonking. Plenty of other stuff to do though.

if it's dormant in between flare ups, perfectly able to have sex, and yes I have been, this is the first time in a long time I've had a flare this bad and at the front, usually its at the back.

Is your wife ok now?"

Lost her last year, to fronto-temporal dementia. Between that and the vulval lichen sclerosus, sex wasn't an option.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

What percentage of people do you think actually suffer from this, and how many of them are actually on fab?

How many of them actually read the forums?

Possibly this isn't the best place for you to ask when there are other places you could get a more balanced and educated opinion.

You are thinking it's a shot in the dark, but good luck anyway OP

Post new Message to Thread