FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Thoughts on using a mobile whilst driving?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why the hell do drivers still do this with all the hands free technology around now.

A bloody driver nearly took me out earlier on a roundabout with a phone to his ear.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's illegal

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"Why the hell do drivers still do this with all the hands free technology around now.

A bloody driver nearly took me out earlier on a roundabout with a phone to his ear.

"

how cheap is a blue tooth head set now most phones come with a plug in hands free lead and ear piece no excuses

over a year ago

No doubt it'll be people like me, the 70mph is the speed limit types, who like to obey the law who'll be interfering with those who think its okay to use a mobile while driving, no matter how many accidents it causes.

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"It's illegal "
lack of police patrols means zero enforcement means zero deterance

over a year ago

"Why the hell do drivers still do this with all the hands free technology around now.

how cheap is a blue tooth head set now most phones come with a plug in hands free lead and ear piece no excuses "

But hands free doesn't read your Fab messages for you...

No I joke, it's annoying and dangerous but not enforced

over a year ago

They're cocks

over a year ago

Idiots should be locked up

over a year ago

It should be treated same as drink driving. Automatic ban.

over a year ago

Cunts

over a year ago

You now get a fine and 6 penalty points for using a mobile.... More than drink driving... I'm not sure how they have justified that!

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

"Cunts"

Accurate description and fine use of the word cunt Ruby

By *udistnorthantsMan
over a year ago

Desborough

I'd far rather see someone in full control of their car doing 80 on a motorway /dual carriageway than some bell-end / female equivalent meandering along with their phone to their early or texting while driving. Put the damn thing in your pocket and ignore it until you get to your destination

over a year ago

Stupidity at another level.

Criminals have it easy in the UK.

If Capital punishment came into force many would behave.

over a year ago

It pisses me off when you see the flashy cars that you know come with all sorts of connectivity options but the twat driving wants people to notice them so talks very blatantly on the phone, or the muppets who put it on speaker phone and think thats the same thing as hands free.

I think all cars should be fitted with Bluetooth as standard and other should be down to the dealer to show the customer how to work it.

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"It's illegal lack of police patrols means zero enforcement means zero deterance "

It'd be good if there were more police patrols. There could never be enough police patrols to really make the committed user of phones while driving stop though.

Loads of people are prosecuted for it though, so it's not "zero enforcement". Or zero deterrent for that matter. There's enough of both to stop the majority from doing it.

I always think of the story of Cozy Powell, the famous drummer. Died in a crash while speeding down the motorway and on his phone. Last thing his wife heard was "Oh, shit" IIRC.

Hate seeing people do it.

over a year ago

Drone strikes has got to be the answer....

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

"You now get a fine and 6 penalty points for using a mobile.... More than drink driving... I'm not sure how they have justified that! "

Since when did you get less than 6 points and a fine for drink driving?

over a year ago

"Drone strikes has got to be the answer...."

With missiles? Or is that OTT?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/09/16 08:02:35]

over a year ago

women cause a lorry to crash on m1

an deleted her calls history. how stupid are you. .

your phone provider knows exactly who you called an when

DONT DO IT

over a year ago

"Drone strikes has got to be the answer....

With missiles? Or is that OTT?"

Missiles locked on to the mobile - that'll learn them

over a year ago

Reports suggest Bluetooth calls while in a car is just as concentration zapping as holding a phone or playing on it. Generally when using Bluetooth your contraction on the conversation and driving both deplete

over a year ago

"You now get a fine and 6 penalty points for using a mobile.... More than drink driving... I'm not sure how they have justified that! "
is it? You get an automatic ban for drink driving

over a year ago

"You now get a fine and 6 penalty points for using a mobile.... More than drink driving... I'm not sure how they have justified that! is it? You get an automatic ban for drink driving"

What amazes me with drink driving is, you cAn still drive after you're caught until it goes to court. How mad is that!

over a year ago

My feeling is that all cars should be fitted with mobile signal blockers so nobody can use their phone in their car. Ever.

over a year ago

"My feeling is that all cars should be fitted with mobile signal blockers so nobody can use their phone in their car. Ever."

Provided the technology allowed for making 999 calls, I totally agree.

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"It's illegal lack of police patrols means zero enforcement means zero deterance

It'd be good if there were more police patrols. There could never be enough police patrols to really make the committed user of phones while driving stop though.

Loads of people are prosecuted for it though, so it's not "zero enforcement". Or zero deterrent for that matter. There's enough of both to stop the majority from doing it.

I always think of the story of Cozy Powell, the famous drummer. Died in a crash while speeding down the motorway and on his phone. Last thing his wife heard was "Oh, shit" IIRC.

Hate seeing people do it.

"

from personal viewing it does not taravel through any form of traffic congestion in hgv and you can see every other car the driver will be tapping away at there phone .stop at a set of traffic lights look around and there will be several the sametapping away at facebook or pokemon or what ever stupid game is the latest fad .one year auto ban six point and abig fine . but enforcement is the issue

over a year ago

The trouble with mobile phones now is that they aren't just a phone anymore.

They're a PC, Camera, MP3 player, Sat Nav device etc. It's these extra features that have evolved it from just being a phone.

Social media has a lot to answer for, as a society we're using them more and more, for everyday things.

This is where the struggle to leave them alone comes into it.

People are too caught up in their own lives

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Whether legal or not, it's obviously stupid, antisocial and very dangerous. I don't do it and get angry by what they do.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"

This has happened to me way to often. My thoughts on it aren't printable.

over a year ago

"My feeling is that all cars should be fitted with mobile signal blockers so nobody can use their phone in their car. Ever.

Provided the technology allowed for making 999 calls, I totally agree."

Wouldn't work , what about passengers? Long journeys my kids sit on their phones in the back.

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

My phone syncs with the car, so it's never a problem. However people lighting cigarettes are equally distracted from my perspective.

over a year ago

I thought hands free was illegal too...got told on a course that if you have an accident when on hands free you are totally to blame and are considered by the judge to have been on your phone...

I just pullover and speak now. Not worth it. Whatever it is can wait 30 seconds to find a safe parking spot...

over a year ago

Bad ones are dog owners with the mutt in the car jumping all over the driver. Seen that quite a lot of times.

People with earphones on while driving singing along.

Women putting make up on while driving, men using elecy shavers.

Pleanty of knobtards about.

By *isKinkedKuntsMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

Hands free is illegal too, as is changing the station on your stereo! You should never do anything that evolves diverting your attention even only for 1 second.

Should be an instant 3 month ban if caught

over a year ago

"Hands free is illegal too, as is changing the station on your stereo! You should never do anything that evolves diverting your attention even only for 1 second.

Should be an instant 3 month ban if caught "

You've never had a conversation in your car with a passenger? That's a distraction isn't it? Where does one draw the line at what is deemed a distraction?

over a year ago

"Hands free is illegal too, as is changing the station on your stereo! You should never do anything that evolves diverting your attention even only for 1 second.

You've never had a conversation in your car with a passenger? That's a distraction isn't it? Where does one draw the line at what is deemed a distraction? "

And what if said passenger farts?!

I say that's even more of a distraction! Not to mention the potential to knock a driver unconscious!

over a year ago

You've never had a conversation in your car with a passenger? That's a distraction isn't it? Where does one draw the line at what is deemed a distraction?

I say that's even more of a distraction! Not to mention the potential to knock a driver unconscious! "

I just fight fire with fire in that case

over a year ago

I say that's even more of a distraction! Not to mention the potential to knock a driver unconscious!

I just fight fire with fire in that case "

Load the cannons and return fire!!

By *isKinkedKuntsMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

You've never had a conversation in your car with a passenger? That's a distraction isn't it? Where does one draw the line at what is deemed a distraction? "

Hey its not my rules!

over a year ago

"I'd far rather see someone in full control of their car doing 80 on a motorway /dual carriageway than some bell-end / female equivalent meandering along with their phone to their early or texting while driving. Put the damn thing in your pocket and ignore it until you get to your destination "

Tbh you would think the phone can tell it's in a car and not transmit or text

By *isKinkedKuntsMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

Tbh I think it's more to do with taking hands off the steering wheel, which technically then makes manual cars illegal en all.

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Gosh what about singing along to the radio....

George Miller said we can on hold between five and nine pieces of information consciously, singing would take one of those, as would listening.

We need mute cars with detector microphones in them.

In fact lets ban cars altogether and live in little bubbles, flipping nuisances.

over a year ago

Should be an instant 3 month ban if caught "

Hands free not illegal, well not when built into the car, I have been stopped when talking hands free and not a word was said about me doing it

By *isKinkedKuntsMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

Hands free not illegal, well not when built into the car, I have been stopped when talking hands free and not a word was said about me doing it "

I've been stopped doing 80 and they didn't say owt about that, doesn't mean it isn't. The law is you should not use a phone while driving. It doesn't mention loop holes to use it I believe

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Hands free not illegal, well not when built into the car, I have been stopped when talking hands free and not a word was said about me doing it

I've been stopped doing 80 and they didn't say owt about that, doesn't mean it isn't. The law is you should not use a phone while driving. It doesn't mention loop holes to use it I believe "

Gosh are car manufactures creating an illegal product when they build in hands free equipment, think I need to sue them.

over a year ago

Did you really expect this not to be a one way post ? By the way I think we should be allowed to carry guns in vehicles and when we see someone driving whilst using their phone it should be legal to shoot their tyres out.

over a year ago

I've been stopped doing 80 and they didn't say owt about that, doesn't mean it isn't. The law is you should not use a phone while driving. It doesn't mention loop holes to use it I believe "

As far as I have been told you have to be holding the phone to make it illegal

over a year ago

"

Twats.

Don't even mention idiots listening to their ipods with earphones in their stupid stupid stupid ears.

I saw one the other day with proper headphones on.

How in the name of the sweet baby jesus can these idiots have any fucking clue what's going on around them?

Shoot them.

And then hang them.

Put what's left through the mincer.

I "might" have personal issues here.

*it's still Thursday, right?

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

Hey its not my rules! "

Hands free should be illegal;

Numerous studies show that concentration levels on driving when using either hand held or hands free phones reduce it to below 50% of " normal". It's because when speaking on the phone, you are concentrating on the discussion, and using a lot of your brain power to imagine the other person.

Reaction times have been shown, also, to he reduced to the level of someone who is at least twice over the drink drive limit.

Talking to a passenger is completely different, as the person is present, you can pause the conversation , concentration levels are only reduced by about 10%.

Listening to the radio has no noticeable effect on concentration levels ( in the worst cases it was no more than 5%), but the de stressing advantage of listening to the radio more than compensates.

Earphones/ earbuds should be banned as they remove situational awareness ( it's now illegal to drive in France ( or ride a bicycle) with earphones or earbuds in)

Use of mobile phones should carry the same penalty as drink driving ( it is just as dangerous, if not more)

over a year ago

"

absolutely

anyone using mobile phone whilst driving should get minimum of 6 penalty points and to be honest I am not sure how some of them manage.

Just the other day I was driving along whilst eating my fish supper, some fish in one hand, tin of juice in the other, steering with my knee and the phone went off, bloody heck there was no way I could have picked it up if I wanted too

By *anejohnkent6263Couple
over a year ago

canterbury

yet its ok for people to get fags out of packet, light up, hold in hand, throw out of window....same rules should apply for both

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

"yet its ok for people to get fags out of packet, light up, hold in hand, throw out of window....same rules should apply for both"

Not the same thing, by a country mile;

It is about the level of concentration, and distraction, and the ability to cope with two completely different thought processes.

Post new Message to Thread