Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Road trip north..

Jump to newest

By *onlyshow OP   Woman
over a year ago

your dreams

If you were driving to Middlesbrough tomorrow morning starting from the M3, Winchester. would you go M40 or M1..

Never driven there before so I'm not entirely sure which route would be the best.

thanks in advance..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

For simplicity, just go up the M1 but get out of the M25/M1 link area before lunchtime.

By *onlyshow OP   Woman
over a year ago

your dreams

"For simplicity, just go up the M1 but get out of the M25/M1 link area before lunchtime. "

I did think that, im leaving mine about 10.30 ish.

over a year ago

The M1 from mid afternoon becomes a car park prior to Nottinghamshire. Always better to beat it if you can.

Alternatively, go a touch further round and get on the A1, one road practically all the way to Teeside

over a year ago

M1 on a Friday afternoon good luck OP

By *onlyshow OP   Woman
over a year ago

your dreams

"M1 on a Friday afternoon good luck OP "

Thank you. Lol

I'm not really looking forward that bit and I'll have the dog with me too and he hates car journeys lol

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

Google is currently recommending a combination of A34, M1, and A1. But I always recheck just before I set off since it updates its recommendation depending on traffic/roadworks/accidents etc.

Do you mind if I ask why? (feel free to either ignore, tell me to MYOB or pm) it's just that judging from your profile, you might be going where we're thinking of going in a couple of weeks. We're considering the coastal section of the Cleveland Way.

Mr ddc

By *onlyshow OP   Woman
over a year ago

your dreams

"Google is currently recommending a combination of A34, M1, and A1. But I always recheck just before I set off since it updates its recommendation depending on traffic/roadworks/accidents etc.

Do you mind if I ask why? (feel free to either ignore, tell me to MYOB or pm) it's just that judging from your profile, you might be going where we're thinking of going in a couple of weeks. We're considering the coastal section of the Cleveland Way.

Mr ddc"

Mr ionly is in hospital so I'm taking the opportunity to have a mini break, first holiday in 15 years..

Going to visit my friend for a few days..

over a year ago

"If you were driving to Middlesbrough tomorrow morning starting from the M3, Winchester. would you go M40 or M1..

Never driven there before so I'm not entirely sure which route would be the best.

I did that very same Journey 2 months ago from Winchester.

M1 A1 A19

thanks in advance.. "

over a year ago

"If you were driving to Middlesbrough tomorrow morning starting from the M3, Winchester. would you go M40 or M1..

M1 A1 A19

thanks in advance.. "

M1 A1 A19

Post new Message to Thread