Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mark Zuckerberg

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What a great guy, shows you that there are indeed some good people in this world

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Agreed!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

CIA puppet.

over a year ago

What's he done? Not caught up on any news this morning

over a year ago

Why? What's he done?

over a year ago

Shared Facebook members information with various so called "intelligence agencies".

over a year ago

Did he but you a pint. Please tell before the thread gets closed and we'll never know.

I f.-in hate click bait.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"What's he done? Not caught up on any news this morning "

Facebook's founder Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan have pledged $3bn (£2.3bn) to fund medical research over the next decade.

At a press conference in San Francisco, they said their ultimate goal was to "cure, prevent or manage all diseases by the end of the century".

over a year ago

"Shared Facebook members information with various so called "intelligence agencies"."

Wow what a cool dude

over a year ago

"What's he done? Not caught up on any news this morning

Facebook's founder Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan have pledged $3bn (£2.3bn) to fund medical research over the next decade.

At a press conference in San Francisco, they said their ultimate goal was to "cure, prevent or manage all diseases by the end of the century".

"

Imagine the tax benefits....

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Imagine the tax benefits...."

Some folk are ever ungrateful.

over a year ago

Sadly his days are numbered then :-/. There is no long term profit in curing people. Those that find a way or help finance a way seem to have fatal accidents

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

It does beg the question though, (bearing in mind they have allegedly dodged over $5 billion in taxes):

Should public spending depend upon the whims of a few philanthropists, or be controlled by a democratically elected governments?

Mr ddc

over a year ago

"Sadly his days are numbered then :-/. There is no long term profit in curing people. Those that find a way or help finance a way seem to have fatal accidents "

This is very true. History tells you a lot and this happens frequently....no profit in healthy people.

By *rozacMan
over a year ago

london

Some folk are ever ungrateful. "

2.3 billion is short change and will give him massive tax benefits.

He's a shrewd fucker. Let's not forget he fucked one of his mates and majority shareholder out of his shares . Wolf in sheep's clothing. I'm not going to make antisemitic remark because that's just cheap.

over a year ago

Call me a cynic, but surely there's no money in curing people. The money's in the medicine. It's more profitable for pharmaceutical firms to find a way for you to 'live with it'

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

He's a shrewd fucker. Let's not forget he fucked one of his mates and majority shareholder out of his shares . Wolf in sheep's clothing. I'm not going to make antisemitic remark because that's just cheap."

that you thought his religion has anything to do with it is cheap enough..

By *rozacMan
over a year ago

london

He's a shrewd fucker. Let's not forget he fucked one of his mates and majority shareholder out of his shares . Wolf in sheep's clothing. I'm not going to make antisemitic remark because that's just cheap.

that you thought his religion has anything to do with it is cheap enough.."

Hence why I didn't. Can't u read?

over a year ago

He's a shrewd fucker. Let's not forget he fucked one of his mates and majority shareholder out of his shares . Wolf in sheep's clothing. I'm not going to make antisemitic remark because that's just cheap."

Ship sailed. If it's cheap, why even bring it up?

It's like " Don't mention the war!"

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Hence why I didn't. Can't u read?"

yes you did..

in referring to it you raised it albeit by the back door, you copped out in saying what you clearly thought and do think by doing so..

that's cheap..

and irrelevant to the issue, however it does serve to highlight your position..

over a year ago

Wow

By *rozacMan
over a year ago

london

yes you did..

in referring to it you raised it albeit by the back door, you copped out in saying what you clearly thought and do think by doing so..

that's cheap..

and irrelevant to the issue, however it does serve to highlight your position.."

I'm just saying he has previous. And any accountant could advise such a tax saving action to save you further billions

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"I'm not going to make antisemitic remark because that's just cheap.

That you thought his religion has anything to do with it is cheap enough..

Hence why I didn't. Can't u read?"

Is that in the same way as me saying "I won't say you've been a bit of a twat because you're not worth the forum ban" would be? Which I wouldn't say, of course, and didn't. At least not out loud...

Sometimes we expose our prejudices in ways we don't intend.

Mr ddc

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"

I'm just saying he has previous. And any accountant could advise such a tax saving action to save you further billions"

No, you implied he was untrustworthy and a tax-dodger because he is a Jew.

Catholics dodge taxes, CofE people dodge taxes, even famous atheists dodge taxes.

His religion has no bearing on this thread imho.

over a year ago

"Call me a cynic, but surely there's no money in curing people. The money's in the medicine. It's more profitable for pharmaceutical firms to find a way for you to 'live with it'

"

Exactly what I was going to write. There would have to be new diseases appear to keep the pharmaceutical companies in business.

over a year ago

yes you did..

that's cheap..

I'm just saying he has previous. And any accountant could advise such a tax saving action to save you further billions

"

Are you muslim?

By *fcdTV/TS
over a year ago

Southend

There is absolutely no way £3bn or even £100bn will cure all diseases. It's just not possible. If it were, the global governments would have thrown the money at it years ago. Basically he's trying to get a little less hated, seen what philanthropy has done for gates and thought he'd wade in.

Furthermore, it shows how little he knows, he's used to having a bunch of people 'do the impossible' by being shouted at and bullied. He has no idea about real world problems and thinks throwing cash at it will make it go away. If only.

And on top of that, what about the side effects, people living longer, faster population growth, more pressure on pensions, longer working lives, pressure on medical services (they won't remove disease, just aim to have cures) and so on.

over a year ago

Its the least he can do for fucking every body up with face book call it compensation haha

By *fcdTV/TS
over a year ago

Southend

"Call me a cynic, but surely there's no money in curing people. The money's in the medicine. It's more profitable for pharmaceutical firms to find a way for you to 'live with it'

Exactly what I was going to write. There would have to be new diseases appear to keep the pharmaceutical companies in business. "

Already happening, particularly in the States with many things that fall in the normal spectrum of human variety being deemed medical issues in need of treatment (not curing).

By *rozacMan
over a year ago

london

"I'm not going to make antisemitic remark because that's just cheap.

That you thought his religion has anything to do with it is cheap enough..

Is that in the same way as me saying "I won't say you've been a bit of a twat because you're not worth the forum ban" would be? Which I wouldn't say, of course, and didn't. At least not out loud...

Sometimes we expose our prejudices in ways we don't intend.

Mr ddc"

His names Zuckerberg. It could easily be implied I was being anti semitic. My insurance policy was to say that would be cheap, like below the belt. But cry away by all means

By *rozacMan
over a year ago

london

yes you did..

that's cheap..

Are you muslim?"

No, I'm not. Are you?

over a year ago

yes you did..

that's cheap..

Are you muslim?

No, I'm not. Are you?"

I'm a christian

over a year ago

"

No, you implied he was untrustworthy and a tax-dodger because he is a Jew.

Catholics dodge taxes, CofE people dodge taxes, even famous atheists dodge taxes.

His religion has no bearing on this thread imho. "

That's three yes's from me.

Post new Message to Thread