Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Struggling to cope.... Update

Jump to newest

By *ENGUY OP   Man
over a year ago

Hull

To those of you on here who rallied round with advice and support after my recent post, I thought I'd bring you up to date with what's happening.

The day after my post, my employers carried on in the same fashion, not having learnt one jot from the legal mauling they'd received from my legal support in a rather acrimonious meeting at work a few days prior.

On the same day, I saw my GP, who spent out exactly where I was heading physically and more importantly, mentally, if I stayed where I was.

That evening, I talked with family, and industry contacts whom I trust implicitly. It was clear, no job is worth the mental and physical stress I was going through!

The next day.... I handed in my notice of one week! Almost immediately I felt better and in the past few days, I have felt stronger and far less emotional nor likely to burst into tears almost on cue!

I don't have a job to go to but start a Temp job middle of next week whilst I rebuild my life & get back to normal.

Oh, I will pursue a Constructive Dismissal claim.

Before I forget, to those who offered advice and support both on here and privately, my thanks to you all!

As I type this, I'm on the train passing through the Highlands en route home to Hull, on a beautiful day.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Great news OP! Good luck

over a year ago

Definitely sounds like you are on the road to getting your life sorted. No job is worth feeling like you have. Glad everything is looking more positive.

over a year ago

Good luck with everything. A brave decision to make but sounds like it's the right one - your health and happiness are always the most important thing.

over a year ago

All the Best Op x

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Well done OP, it sounds like you did the right thing for you, good luck

over a year ago

Well done OP, for your own sense of well-being I'm glad you are in a better place and wish you all the best in tour new role next week!

Obviously we only have one side of the story so we don't know all the rights and wrongs of this case, but if the company are guilty of inappropriate and unacceptable behaviour I hope you are adequately compensated.

Whatever the outcome being there clearly wasn't good for you so I wish you lots of happiness and joy now you're free

over a year ago

All the best OP your mental health is more important than any job

By *aturasqCouple
over a year ago

Hertfordshire

Humbling post - well done OP - new beginnings!

over a year ago

Good luck op xx

over a year ago

Good luck OP. Sometimes you got to trust your gut x

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

Well done OP. Best of luck for the future and thanks for the update.

Mr ddc

By *uddlybear2015Man
over a year ago

BEDFORD

Go get 'em Tiger! (See what I did there? Hull and all that!) Best of luck to you,life is way too short for work to cause unhappiness.

over a year ago

That's a great decision, as it's right for you x

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

No job is worth your health. Good luck in finding further permanent employment.

over a year ago

"To those of you on here who rallied round with advice and support after my recent post, I thought I'd bring you up to date with what's happening.

The day after my post, my employers carried on in the same fashion, not having learnt one jot from the legal mauling they'd received from my legal support in a rather acrimonious meeting at work a few days prior.

On the same day, I saw my GP, who spent out exactly where I was heading physically and more importantly, mentally, if I stayed where I was.

That evening, I talked with family, and industry contacts whom I trust implicitly. It was clear, no job is worth the mental and physical stress I was going through!

The next day.... I handed in my notice of one week! Almost immediately I felt better and in the past few days, I have felt stronger and far less emotional nor likely to burst into tears almost on cue!

I don't have a job to go to but start a Temp job middle of next week whilst I rebuild my life & get back to normal.

Oh, I will pursue a Constructive Dismissal claim.

Before I forget, to those who offered advice and support both on here and privately, my thanks to you all!

As I type this, I'm on the train passing through the Highlands en route home to Hull, on a beautiful day."

That took balls OP, now show them how big your balls are in the constructive dismissal case. You can do it, put your back into it.

over a year ago

Well done op.. glad you could do it.. I'm in the same boat with my job going more and more down hill each day but I can't give it up because of my family and there needs xx

Post new Message to Thread