Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Irony

Jump to newest

By *icolerobbie OP   Couple
over a year ago

walsall

Well, yesterday we are driving along the motorway in our car, towing a smallish trailer at 60 mph. We approach a lorry and overtake it. Now, as the lorry is doing about 59 mph at a guess compared to our 60 mph, it took a couple of minutes to pass the truck. as we started to pass the truck, another HGV followed us into lane 2 and started flashing the headlights & beeping the horn whilst driving about two feet from the back of our trailer. Basically he wanted us to speed up.....I am positive that anyone who has followed two trucks side by side for 6 miles while they duel for an overtake will see the irony here and the massive double standard!

Now this isn't a dig at truckers, just that tit who was behind us putting everyone around him in danger.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Lorries legal speed limit is 55 on motorways and 10mps less on normal roads... So let's hope the digital tachograph was working and the driver gets done for it.

There are rules for a reason

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Does not hurt like being hit with an iron so people fail to see its impact.

over a year ago

I had a truck driver catch up and overtake me, i was doing a constant 70 was scary!!

over a year ago

walsall

"Does not hurt like being hit with an iron so people fail to see its impact. "

Is that the irony....? Very good!

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

Irony is like coppery but harder

over a year ago

walsall

"I had a truck driver catch up and overtake me, i was doing a constant 70 was scary!!"

N problem with them overtaking, just tailgating and being berks

By *am-RaiderMan
over a year ago

Corby

Drives me bonkers as I cover the country for my job...they should be banned from overtaking!

Bastards consider having a 0.11 mph speed advantage over another truck just cause for a three day overtake.

Incidently...on the speed thing....most car's speedos read way high...compare your speedo to your satnav...and lorries have to have accurate speed readings cos of their tachos.

So you often get lorries up the arse of cars in 50 zones as the cars are often doing less than 50.

If that makes sense.

over a year ago

"Irony is like coppery but harder "

Thank you Baldrick!

over a year ago

walsall

"Drives me bonkers as I cover the country for my job...they should be banned from overtaking!

Bastards consider having a 0.11 mph speed advantage over another truck just cause for a three day overtake.

Incidently...on the speed thing....most car's speedos read way high...compare your speedo to your satnav...and lorries have to have accurate speed readings cos of their tachos.

So you often get lorries up the arse of cars in 50 zones as the cars are often doing less than 50.

If that makes sense. "

Cruise control on car set to 62.

By *am-RaiderMan
over a year ago

Corby

"Drives me bonkers as I cover the country for my job...they should be banned from overtaking!

If that makes sense.

Which is probly really 56.

"

over a year ago

walsall

If that makes sense.

Which is probly really 56.

"

Could be

over a year ago

Why didn't you just stay behind him instead of hogging the outside lane for so long x

over a year ago

walsall

"Why didn't you just stay behind him instead of hogging the outside lane for so long x"

3 lane motorway.

over a year ago

Annoying aswell is when the motorway is 4 lanes and you have lorries in 3 of them, all trying to overtake each other!!

over a year ago

"Lorries legal speed limit is 55 on motorways and 10mps less on normal roads... So let's hope the digital tachograph was working and the driver gets done for it.

There are rules for a reason "

The speed limit for HGV's on motorways is 60mph

They're fitted with speed limiters of around 55-56mph.

Post new Message to Thread