Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Dressing sexy..

Jump to newest

By *ifferent69 OP   Man
over a year ago

BRIGHTON, UK

In the work place why is it acceptable for guys to wear the flashy suits,shoes. Or on site ripped shirts,tight shorts ,showing tattoos and under wear.

Were as women are subjected to stereotype if do the same.Thus only expected to wear such gear on night outs and off duty.??

Surely if it was encouraged in time us fellas would get conditioned to this as the norm.Thus not associating it with " sluttyness" ( sorry if that offends).

I think potentially this would drive down innapropriate behaviour from fellas on a night out because they would,nt be getting the wrong message .

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *fcdTV/TS
over a year ago

Southend

Everywhere I've ever worked both men and women wear much the same thing, business suits or business casual. Not sure I get the stereotyping bit either. re you saying a woman dressed smartly is seen as a slut? What makes you think that?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Everywhere I've ever worked both men and women wear much the same thing, business suits or business casual. Not sure I get the stereotyping bit either. re you saying a woman dressed smartly is seen as a slut? What makes you think that?"

Yes, ditto. I always dress smartly for work (dresses, heels) but I've never been treated as though my colleagues are seeing me as a slut.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

All I can say is in my workplace some women make our PPE look so sexy with the Hi-vis on that does it for me

By *ifferent69 OP   Man
over a year ago

BRIGHTON, UK

"Everywhere I've ever worked both men and women wear much the same thing, business suits or business casual. Not sure I get the stereotyping bit either. re you saying a woman dressed smartly is seen as a slut? What makes you think that?"
. No its not my perception ,often feel guys when out away from work ,not being used to women dressing more revealingly missinterprett there signals .

By *ifferent69 OP   Man
over a year ago

BRIGHTON, UK

"All I can say is in my workplace some women make our PPE look so sexy with the Hi-vis on that does it for me "

By *ifferent69 OP   Man
over a year ago

BRIGHTON, UK

"Everywhere I've ever worked both men and women wear much the same thing, business suits or business casual. Not sure I get the stereotyping bit either. re you saying a woman dressed smartly is seen as a slut? What makes you think that?

Yes, ditto. I always dress smartly for work (dresses, heels) but I've never been treated as though my colleagues are seeing me as a slut. "

. Yeah sorry I don,t like that term either but could,nt think of any other way of putting it.

By *fcdTV/TS
over a year ago

Southend

"No its not my perception ,often feel guys when out away from work ,not being used to women dressing more revealingly missinterprett there signals ."
I'm confused. You started talking about work dress code and now your talking about revealing attire?

Post new Message to Thread