Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

have budgies gone out of fashion?

Jump to newest

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

what is(if there is one) the cause of this downturn, in bird husbandry.?

discuss.

if this is too much on a sunday afternoon please just drop in and feel free to banter, with other random stuff..

keep it pleasant and light hearted, thanks x Suzy aka Kitty x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

There's a cage full of budgies at the Tropical Bird garden near Leicester. Funny little things.

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Birds don't belong in cages imo.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Birds don't belong in cages imo.

"

over a year ago

see some advertised on facebook and also in local petshop

over a year ago

I remember my mum having a budgie called cheeky years ago, and recently my nephew had one but i don't think they are as popular these days...no idea why though

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

I don't like caged birds, even my ducks wander round the garden, shitting everywhere

over a year ago

I had a budgie he was a jolly chap we had such hoots and tweets

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

mine only used them when i wasnt home and it trained itself to go poop in there, which i thought was extremely considerate. it even used to come and sleep on me at night..cockatiel this was though, not a budgie.

and i while agree with your sentiment, and having looked after the poor wretches that have been trafficked, to some their cage, is thier security and it would be cruel, not to allow them a safe haven x

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

why does window and glass cleaner leave your glass and windows dirtier and more streaky, than what it was, before cleaning them?

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

mine only used them when i wasnt home and it trained itself to go poop in there, which i thought was extremely considerate. it even used to come and sleep on me at night..cockatiel this was though, not a budgie.

and i while agree with your sentiment, and having looked after the poor wretches that have been trafficked, to some their cage, is thier security and it would be cruel, not to allow them a safe haven x"

I fully understand if born I captivity they know no difference.

over a year ago

"why does window and glass cleaner leave your glass and windows dirtier and more streaky, than what it was, before cleaning them?"

So annoying!!

over a year ago

I've got some budgie smugglers if that counts as a topic of conversation

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"why does window and glass cleaner leave your glass and windows dirtier and more streaky, than what it was, before cleaning them?

So annoying!! "

yeah isnt it!..why do i perpetuate it and still try to clean windows and glass with it then?

over a year ago

I had a budgie called beauty,he pecked all his feathers off,my dad put him in the gas oven to put him out of his misery,he put the gas on full and not only did it kill the budgie but us to nearly,cruel i know and i cried for days,well i was only 8 years old.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I've got some budgie smugglers if that counts as a topic of conversation "
yes it serves as a topic, this terminology was new to me when i got here..would you clarify what 'budgie smugglers' actually are...urban dictionary ruins my day xx

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I had a budgie called beauty,he pecked all his feathers off,my dad put him in the gas oven to put him out of his misery,he put the gas on full and not only did it kill the budgie but us to nearly,cruel i know and i cried for days,well i was only 8 years old. "
devastating..was your dad like that?..the poor thing probably only had mites ..im really sorry sweet x

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"why does window and glass cleaner leave your glass and windows dirtier and more streaky, than what it was, before cleaning them?"

So you'll use more trying to get the smears off. Use a few drops of vinegar in hot water and use a scrunched up page of newspaper to dry off. Best result ever.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"why does window and glass cleaner leave your glass and windows dirtier and more streaky, than what it was, before cleaning them?

So you'll use more trying to get the smears off. Use a few drops of vinegar in hot water and use a scrunched up page of newspaper to dry off. Best result ever. "

buy a newspaper just to get my windows clean?..its aq thought i suppose, bout all they are useful for..do you recommend a particular one, for this purpose? x

over a year ago

What is this thread about

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"What is this thread about "
what would you like it to be about? i had no fixed plan..i quite like a bit of chaos sometimes, never know what may come up..the unknown is a friendly place to be, generally xx

over a year ago

I got 2 chocolate tubs today for Christmas. It's unlikely they will last till October.

over a year ago

Oh well,ive just had a cornbeef roll..

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I got 2 chocolate tubs today for Christmas. It's unlikely they will last till October. "
awesome..what did you get?

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Oh well,ive just had a cornbeef roll.. "
with or without pickle?

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

what would we do extra, if we had three thumbs?

over a year ago

"Oh well,ive just had a cornbeef roll.. with or without pickle?"
..Mustard

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Oh well,ive just had a cornbeef roll.. with or without pickle? ..Mustard "
wholegrain?

over a year ago

"

And humans dont ideally belong on the Internet

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

And humans dont ideally belong on the Internet "

no they belong in bedrooms and kitchens, house cages, built just for them....

actually they belong in bed..preferably x

By *axandbooCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

For streaky Windows use vinegar and newspaper

So annoying!! yeah isnt it!..why do i perpetuate it and still try to clean windows and glass with it then? "

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"I got 2 chocolate tubs today for Christmas. It's unlikely they will last till October. "

I've got 5 Christmas presents already and a tub of Roses.

I don't even like Christmas. I think someone else has taken over my body.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"For streaky Windows use vinegar and newspaper

why does window and glass cleaner leave your glass and windows dirtier and more streaky, than what it was, before cleaning them?

So annoying!! yeah isnt it!..why do i perpetuate it and still try to clean windows and glass with it then? "

yes but why, does it?

over a year ago

And humans dont ideally belong on the Internet no they belong in bedrooms and kitchens, house cages, built just for them....

actually they belong in bed..preferably x"

Bed sounds good

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I got 2 chocolate tubs today for Christmas. It's unlikely they will last till October.

I've got 5 Christmas presents already and a tub of Roses.

I don't even like Christmas. I think someone else has taken over my body. "

had an organ donation recently..memories can be transferred you know..maybe that can happen with bodily fluids as well..never thought of that..has someones juices, possessed you, was it ectoplasm? did you notice any glow of fluorescent green, on any recent meets?if so call ghostbusters, there is a new team about apparently

over a year ago

They'd not last the rest of this week if I was about

over a year ago

I feel qualified to chip in on this one due to both of our professions..

The birds you buy in the UK are captive bred, which means they're bred in captivity within the UK or the EU and have been for generations for the most part.

There's not a decline in keeping budgies as pets per say, they're still popular, however, the availability of other birds has increased I.e. Quaker parrots and such. Same within the reptile world. You used to see long tailed lizards, anoles etc all the time. These are pretty rare now in favour of bearded dragons.

People who argue birds don't belong in cages, I'm all about welfare. Completely. But you can still provide a good environment for a bird to thrive in and do your absolute best. These birds wouldn't survive being released into the wild, so the best thing is to turn them into much loved pets and provide enrichment.

Most of the pets and animals I've owned and worked with you guys would go nuts and think they should never be in captivity, but you'd be shocked at what's kept in the UK. I always do the best for the animals I keep, rescue and rehabilitate. Focusing on welfare to provide as natural an environment as I can.

Sorry for the essay.

over a year ago

I believe we have small populations of wild parakeets in Hyde Park.

Good to know if you like fauna and flora.

Would love an African grey. I'd never buy one though out of guilt.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I feel qualified to chip in on this one due to both of our professions..

The birds you buy in the UK are captive bred, which means they're bred in captivity within the UK or the EU and have been for generations for the most part.

There's not a decline in keeping budgies as pets per say, they're still popular, however, the availability of other birds has increased I.e. Quaker parrots and such. Same within the reptile world. You used to see long tailed lizards, anoles etc all the time. These are pretty rare now in favour of bearded dragons.

People who argue birds don't belong in cages, I'm all about welfare. Completely. But you can still provide a good environment for a bird to thrive in and do your absolute best. These birds wouldn't survive being released into the wild, so the best thing is to turn them into much loved pets and provide enrichment.

Most of the pets and animals I've owned and worked with you guys would go nuts and think they should never be in captivity, but you'd be shocked at what's kept in the UK. I always do the best for the animals I keep, rescue and rehabilitate. Focusing on welfare to provide as natural an environment as I can.

Sorry for the essay. "

dont apologise i thought it was great..thank you for sharing, i found that really interesting to read xxx

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I believe we have small populations of wild parakeets in Hyde Park.

"

guolt for giving an already living bird a loving home..i dont understand that..can you explain?

By *ason_silverMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

My pants were described as "budgie smugglers" once - never did really get that - just made me think they would peck at my nuts

over a year ago

guolt for giving an already living bird a loving home..i dont understand that..can you explain?"

Yeah. Just personal choice. I feel once I go down the route of owning an animal that has a life it wouldn't have in its natural state, I'm perpetuating the trade of endangered species.

Whether the animal I'd like to own is endangered, or has already the animal trade is irrelevant.

Like I say. Just personal choice.

over a year ago

"dont apologise i thought it was great..thank you for sharing, i found that really interesting to read xxx"

It's something I've been doing for a long time, and animal welfare is something I argue about on a daily basis with people who have completely different viewpoints from people who are animal rights and dead against the pet trade, and people (like me) who do this as a lifestyle.

Plus it's a really interesting question to debate about. Thankfully our viewpoint has changed massively in the past few years on how we keep animals, and things are better than ever on the whole (especially from a reptile perspective) .. People are finally waking up to the fact that goldfish don't belong in tiny bowls, get to a really good size and live for decades.

over a year ago

*already entered

over a year ago

"Oh well,ive just had a cornbeef roll.. with or without pickle? ..Mustard wholegrain? "
..No white bap lol.

By *ildbillkidMan
over a year ago

where the road goes on forever

Bird brains, just a bit flighty, birds of a feather flock together,

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"My pants were described as "budgie smugglers" once - never did really get that - just made me think they would peck at my nuts

"

nout wrong with your pants, as long as they come off..lolol

By *heCuriousCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Costa Del Sol

Are we talking about actual budgies or the type you smuggle down the beach?

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"*already entered "
that was quick

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Are we talking about actual budgies or the type you smuggle down the beach? "
we are talking about anything you like..i usually smuggle a flask of tea when i go down the beach..is that the same?

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Bird brains, just a bit flighty, birds of a feather flock together,"
hello lovely x its nice to fly and have random moments though..makes life down here seem worth living x

By *ildbillkidMan
over a year ago

My favorite bird are macaws , got three paintings that i've did a few that people have given me , not sure i 'd want one as a pet

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

guolt for giving an already living bird a loving home..i dont understand that..can you explain?

Yeah. Just personal choice. I feel once I go down the route of owning an animal that has a life it wouldn't have in its natural state, I'm perpetuating the trade of endangered species.

Whether the animal I'd like to own is endangered, or has already the animal trade is irrelevant.

Like I say. Just personal choice."

marriage is like that for me..being owned and becoming an endangered species..i prefer to be free with a couple of perches instead

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"My favorite bird are macaws , got three paintings that i've did a few that people have given me , not sure i 'd want one as a pet"
i do believe they are very territorial birds if you have one..they would outlive me now, i love parrots, i just need to live somewhere like australia again, where i can have them around, but not own them x

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Oh well,ive just had a cornbeef roll.. with or without pickle? ..Mustard wholegrain? ..No white bap lol. "
oooh get you tea or coffee?xx

By *ildbillkidMan
over a year ago

"Bird brains, just a bit flighty, birds of a feather flock together,hello lovely x its nice to fly and have random moments though..makes life down here seem worth living x"
it was more a comment on our "language" , brains? Some are really smart, we all have similar tastes so here we are , and i dont think i could drink enough red bull to fly

over a year ago

Like I say. Just personal choice. marriage is like that for me..being owned and becoming an endangered species..i prefer to be free with a couple of perches instead "

Never tried that either. I've had dogs....and a cat. She went off one day and never came back though.

I've thought of getting a cocktaiel recently actually as I have laminate flooring so it could have a perch and plenty of flying space

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Bird brains, just a bit flighty, birds of a feather flock together,hello lovely x its nice to fly and have random moments though..makes life down here seem worth living x it was more a comment on our "language" , brains? Some are really smart, we all have similar tastes so here we are , and i dont think i could drink enough red bull to fly "
i fly in my dreaming x and turn into a crow sometimes..crows are great if there was a damaged crow out there looking for a home..id love to have a crow as a friend..

words are strange things, humans are imo even stranger x

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Like I say. Just personal choice. marriage is like that for me..being owned and becoming an endangered species..i prefer to be free with a couple of perches instead

Never tried that either. I've had dogs....and a cat. She went off one day and never came back though.

I've thought of getting a cocktaiel recently actually as I have laminate flooring so it could have a perch and plenty of flying space "

mine got the telephone ring to perfection..it used to tease me when i went out of the room, or not giving it any attention to call me back by tricking me with it..then it used to fly to my shoulder and kiss my earlobes..

By *heCuriousCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Costa Del Sol

"Are we talking about actual budgies or the type you smuggle down the beach? we are talking about anything you like..i usually smuggle a flask of tea when i go down the beach..is that the same?"

I'm sure someone is definitely going to notice a lady smuggling a flask of tea down the beach in a bikini!

As for the same thing. We're allowed to drink tea on our beaches so no real need to conceal it

By *ildbillkidMan
over a year ago

"Bird brains, just a bit flighty, birds of a feather flock together,hello lovely x its nice to fly and have random moments though..makes life down here seem worth living x it was more a comment on our "language" , brains? Some are really smart, we all have similar tastes so here we are , and i dont think i could drink enough red bull to fly i fly in my dreaming x and turn into a crow sometimes..crows are great if there was a damaged crow out there looking for a home..id love to have a crow as a friend..

words are strange things, humans are imo even stranger x "

nevermore, ..... wait wrong bird, odin had two

By *artytwoCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

There's a lot on here who have had a Cockortwo, fnar fnar.

over a year ago

I've just finished a Tango class.

Fuck all to do with budgies, but random nonetheless.

By *udistnorthantsMan
over a year ago

Desborough

I was accused of smuggling one during the summer

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Are we talking about actual budgies or the type you smuggle down the beach? we are talking about anything you like..i usually smuggle a flask of tea when i go down the beach..is that the same?

I'm sure someone is definitely going to notice a lady smuggling a flask of tea down the beach in a bikini!

As for the same thing. We're allowed to drink tea on our beaches so no real need to conceal it "

really im sure if i showed my tea flask, everyone would want some...hehehe;) x

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Bird brains, just a bit flighty, birds of a feather flock together,hello lovely x its nice to fly and have random moments though..makes life down here seem worth living x it was more a comment on our "language" , brains? Some are really smart, we all have similar tastes so here we are , and i dont think i could drink enough red bull to fly i fly in my dreaming x and turn into a crow sometimes..crows are great if there was a damaged crow out there looking for a home..id love to have a crow as a friend..

words are strange things, humans are imo even stranger x nevermore, ..... wait wrong bird, odin had two"

he did indeed xx

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"There's a lot on here who have had a Cockortwo, fnar fnar."
hehehehe

over a year ago

"Oh well,ive just had a cornbeef roll.. with or without pickle? ..Mustard wholegrain? ..No white bap lol. oooh get you tea or coffee?xx"
..NOOOOOO.Ice cold stella

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I've just finished a Tango class.

Fuck all to do with budgies, but random nonetheless. "

youve been tangoed!..remember that?

no connection to budgies needed, hope you had a great time x

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I was accused of smuggling one during the summer"
smuggling a what? were you in a pirate costume at the time?

By *orwegian BlueMan
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

What about parrots?

This one has wonderful plumage, likes to kip on its back especially when it's shagged out after a particularly long squark and is pining for the fjords.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Oh well,ive just had a cornbeef roll.. with or without pickle? ..Mustard wholegrain? ..No white bap lol. oooh get you tea or coffee?xx ..NOOOOOO.Ice cold stella "
oh cool i only drink a shandy hehe

over a year ago

"..then it used to fly to my shoulder and kiss my earlobes.."

I'd do that too. You're quite sexy

I'd just wanna teach mine to say "are you talking to me" like Robert de niro.

By *udistnorthantsMan
over a year ago

Desborough

"I was accused of smuggling one during the summersmuggling a what? were you in a pirate costume at the time? "

Budgie Smuggling

By *ildbillkidMan
over a year ago

https://youtu.be/fuE2PBkfetw black crow , joni mitchell

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"..then it used to fly to my shoulder and kiss my earlobes..

I'd do that too. You're quite sexy

I'd just wanna teach mine to say "are you talking to me" like Robert de niro."

thank you x

mine didnt want to do anything i was trying to teach him.. but everything else..like sneezes and the telephone and stuff..

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I was accused of smuggling one during the summersmuggling a what? were you in a pirate costume at the time?

Budgie Smuggling"

no one has defined that yet for me..is it a derivative of the phrase '"sporting one"?

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"What about parrots?

This one has wonderful plumage, likes to kip on its back especially when it's shagged out after a particularly long squark and is pining for the fjords. "

make a nice painting that xx id love to see the norwegian view

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"https://youtu.be/fuE2PBkfetw black crow , joni mitchell"
is that for my continuing emotional journey ? ( quote from love actually, the film) xx

By *ildbillkidMan
over a year ago

"https://youtu.be/fuE2PBkfetw black crow , joni mitchell is that for my continuing emotional journey ? ( quote from love actually, the film) xx "
music says a lot to each of us , same song may say different things to different people , but yes its for you

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"https://youtu.be/fuE2PBkfetw black crow , joni mitchell is that for my continuing emotional journey ? ( quote from love actually, the film) xx music says a lot to each of us , same song may say different things to different people , but yes its for you"
thankyou bill xxx

By *udistnorthantsMan
over a year ago

Desborough

"I was accused of smuggling one during the summersmuggling a what? were you in a pirate costume at the time?

Budgie Smuggling no one has defined that yet for me..is it a derivative of the phrase '"sporting one"?"

Yes, tight trunks/Speedos with a pronounced bulge such as sporting one

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"I feel qualified to chip in on this one due to both of our professions..

Sorry for the essay. "

You're right, though some of the parrots really aren't suitable as pets.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Budgie Smuggling no one has defined that yet for me..is it a derivative of the phrase '"sporting one"?

Yes, tight trunks/Speedos with a pronounced bulge such as sporting one"

hehe..bring new tone to "is that a budgie, or are you just pleased to see me?"..;) x bit like 2 Would ypou like some cake by the ocean?" huh? lol

By *ason_silverMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

"My pants were described as "budgie smugglers" once - never did really get that - just made me think they would peck at my nuts

nout wrong with your pants, as long as they come off..lolol "

Trust me - they do, 9pm sharp at the club

- one lady even clapped and said "thanks for the show" - couldn't resist bowing and saying "why... thank you"

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

- one lady even clapped and said "thanks for the show" - couldn't resist bowing and saying "why... thank you"

"

smiles..im glad you went..did you have a good time? x

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbH1kXZJYTI for bill and anyone whod like to listen to it x

over a year ago

Budgie Smuggling no one has defined that yet for me..is it a derivative of the phrase '"sporting one"?

Yes, tight trunks/Speedos with a pronounced bulge such as sporting onehehe..bring new tone to "is that a budgie, or are you just pleased to see me?"..;) x bit like 2 Would ypou like some cake by the ocean?" huh? lol"

Or Harry on ya boat?

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Yes, tight trunks/Speedos with a pronounced bulge such as sporting onehehe..bring new tone to "is that a budgie, or are you just pleased to see me?"..;) x bit like 2 Would ypou like some cake by the ocean?" huh? lol

Or Harry on ya boat? "

what does that mean ?

By *ildbillkidMan
over a year ago

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbH1kXZJYTI for bill and anyone whod like to listen to it x"
the lullaby?

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

my kind of man..swoon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDg0aNGOADk

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbH1kXZJYTI for bill and anyone whod like to listen to it x the lullaby?"
its lakota, possibly my favourite language x yes the lullaby but the sentiment behind it really xx

over a year ago

no connection to budgies needed, hope you had a great time x"

Before my time.

Twas good, challenging and out of my comfort zone. Luvvinit.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Before my time.

Twas good, challenging and out of my comfort zone. Luvvinit. "

blinking whippersnappers

im glad you are getting so much from it..it makes me smile broadly xx love life and laughter xx

By *ildbillkidMan
over a year ago

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbH1kXZJYTI for bill and anyone whod like to listen to it x the lullaby? its lakota, possibly my favourite language x yes the lullaby but the sentiment behind it really xx"
there was a group called redbone , had a couple of hits but the best lp was called " message from a drum "

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbH1kXZJYTI for bill and anyone whod like to listen to it x the lullaby? its lakota, possibly my favourite language x yes the lullaby but the sentiment behind it really xx there was a group called redbone , had a couple of hits but the best lp was called " message from a drum " "
i will look it up. thanks x

over a year ago

Before my time.

Twas good, challenging and out of my comfort zone. Luvvinit. blinking whippersnappers

im glad you are getting so much from it..it makes me smile broadly xx love life and laughter xx"

Fingers crossed as of next week I'll be going twice a week.

It's lovely to be doing something for me. Sounds selfish but I'm either working or teaching, my life seems to revolve around serving other people. I love work and teaching, but this is just for me. Much needed.

By *ildbillkidMan
over a year ago

https://youtu.be/7I9XzKKvyN8 title song message from a drum, very poignant images

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Before my time.

Twas good, challenging and out of my comfort zone. Luvvinit. blinking whippersnappers

im glad you are getting so much from it..it makes me smile broadly xx love life and laughter xx

It's lovely to be doing something for me. Sounds selfish but I'm either working or teaching, my life seems to revolve around serving other people. I love work and teaching, but this is just for me. Much needed."

im so glad you recognise that need..and its not selfish, its called self love and its wonderful, breathe it in and dream/live in it, as much as you can xx

over a year ago

Before my time.

It's lovely to be doing something for me. Sounds selfish but I'm either working or teaching, my life seems to revolve around serving other people. I love work and teaching, but this is just for me. Much needed. im so glad you recognise that need..and its not selfish, its called self love and its wonderful, breathe it in and dream/live in it, as much as you can xx"

Livvin the dream.....

By *ildbillkidMan
over a year ago

On a different note have barn swallows making a nest outside the front door every year, make a mess , but keeps the insects down

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Before my time.

It's lovely to be doing something for me. Sounds selfish but I'm either working or teaching, my life seems to revolve around serving other people. I love work and teaching, but this is just for me. Much needed. im so glad you recognise that need..and its not selfish, its called self love and its wonderful, breathe it in and dream/live in it, as much as you can xx

Livvin the dream..... "

its the only way for wellbeing to be continuous and internally driven x heart and mind as one x dance the joy x

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"On a different note have barn swallows making a nest outside the front door every year, make a mess , but keeps the insects down"
they are gorgeous, they will be leaving here soon but i welcome them back, every May x

over a year ago

Before my time.

It's lovely to be doing something for me. Sounds selfish but I'm either working or teaching, my life seems to revolve around serving other people. I love work and teaching, but this is just for me. Much needed. im so glad you recognise that need..and its not selfish, its called self love and its wonderful, breathe it in and dream/live in it, as much as you can xx

Livvin the dream..... its the only way for wellbeing to be continuous and internally driven x heart and mind as one x dance the joy x"

Two principles of well-being;

Don't sweat the small stuff.

It's all small stuff.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Before my time.

Livvin the dream..... its the only way for wellbeing to be continuous and internally driven x heart and mind as one x dance the joy x

Two principles of well-being;

Don't sweat the small stuff.

It's all small stuff.

"

its all folly, so make sure its conscious folly

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I have had several budgerigars in my lifetime, Sparky was my favourite though and my dad won a few cups for showing birds and built his own aviary

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

We have feral budgies and parakeets in our local park. They either escaped or people let them out and they have thrived.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I have had several budgerigars in my lifetime, Sparky was my favourite though and my dad won a few cups for showing birds and built his own aviary "
awww cute , what colour was sparky?

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"We have feral budgies and parakeets in our local park. They either escaped or people let them out and they have thrived.

"

rebels, the lot of them

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I have had several budgerigars in my lifetime, Sparky was my favourite though and my dad won a few cups for showing birds and built his own aviary awww cute , what colour was sparky?"

Green, and my uncle turned him into an alcoholic brandy sipper

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I found an e-cloth in a little hardware shop down south and it's epic. I have a house full of mirrors and it bugged me cause they were never clean. Now they are!

By *ason_silverMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

smiles..im glad you went..did you have a good time? x"

wonderful - will be better when I meet more people I've chatted to on here

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I have had several budgerigars in my lifetime, Sparky was my favourite though and my dad won a few cups for showing birds and built his own aviary awww cute , what colour was sparky?

Green, and my uncle turned him into an alcoholic brandy sipper "

chuckles x

over a year ago

Think they're considered a grannie pet and not exotic these days. Its really effecting my smuggling trade.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

So annoying!! yeah isnt it!..why do i perpetuate it and still try to clean windows and glass with it then?

I found an e-cloth in a little hardware shop down south and it's epic. I have a house full of mirrors and it bugged me cause they were never clean. Now they are! "

ooh an E-cloth ill look out for one and nice to see you, DG xxx

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

So annoying!! yeah isnt it!..why do i perpetuate it and still try to clean windows and glass with it then?

I found an e-cloth in a little hardware shop down south and it's epic. I have a house full of mirrors and it bugged me cause they were never clean. Now they are! ooh an E-cloth ill look out for one and nice to see you, DG xxx"

I've just looked on Amazon... there are two cloths in the pac, they're orange. Brilliant!

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

yes its good fun meeting peeps from the forum..youll have to get out and about some more x

seriously, im really glad you had a good experience xx

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Think they're considered a grannie pet and not exotic these days. Its really effecting my smuggling trade. "
im old enough to be a grannie, i don't want to stop, being an exotic pet though..

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

I found an e-cloth in a little hardware shop down south and it's epic. I have a house full of mirrors and it bugged me cause they were never clean. Now they are! ooh an E-cloth ill look out for one and nice to see you, DG xxx

I've just looked on Amazon... there are two cloths in the pac, they're orange. Brilliant! "

i think im hyperventilating

over a year ago

"

You're right, though some of the parrots really aren't suitable as pets."

Actually, I believe it to be more of a case of 'some parrots aren't suitable as pets for some people'

.. Generally, I'd agree with you and I completely hate seeing animals locked up in a small environment with no enrichment.

However, I know of some fantastic keepers of unusual species who can put zoos to shame with their knowledge and enclosures.

Kind of a.. live within your means thing.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"oot damn spot, oot i say, will my hands n'er be clean" Macbeth ~ William (E-cloth) Shakesmirror

(brought to you today by Amazon prime )

By *ason_silverMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

yes its good fun meeting peeps from the forum..youll have to get out and about some more x

seriously, im really glad you had a good experience xx"

just a touch disappointed the woman whose breasts I was talking to (different thread) wasn't you - for some reason I remembered you with tattoo's (dunno why)

I suppose its all one big fantasy..

And I have no intention of stopping any time soon

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"

Actually, I believe it to be more of a case of 'some parrots aren't suitable as pets for some people'

.. Generally, I'd agree with you and I completely hate seeing animals locked up in a small environment with no enrichment.

However, I know of some fantastic keepers of unusual species who can put zoos to shame with their knowledge and enclosures.

Kind of a.. live within your means thing."

I always left ma budgies' cage door open so they had free range of the house

over a year ago

"

I always left ma budgies' cage door open so they had free range of the house "

Spot on mate. Exercise like that is the best possible thing you can do for budgies.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

seriously, im really glad you had a good experience xx

just a touch disappointed the woman whose breasts I was talking to (different thread) wasn't you - for some reason I remembered you with tattoo's (dunno why)

I suppose its all one big fantasy..

And I have no intention of stopping any time soon "

no i dont have tattoo's. i dont know to me its part of life..and good glad you took the plunge and it suited you x

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

By *am-RaiderMan
over a year ago

Corby

Haven't read the previous thousand posts but having had two budgies early on when I was married you just don't realise how chuffing noisy they are.

Just that. Too loud.

Pets are for life...and I am very responsible but these two fuckers just had to be clingfilmed and shot.

I'm joking...someone (deaf probably...by now at least) adopted them for us.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Haven't read the previous thousand posts but having had two budgies early on when I was married you just don't realise how chuffing noisy they are.

Just that. Too loud.

Pets are for life...and I am very responsible but these two fuckers just had to be clingfilmed and shot.

I'm joking...someone (deaf probably...by now at least) adopted them for us. "

do you often fantasize about wrapping things in clingfilm and then 'giving it to them'?

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

"

If they are bred in captivity, then letting them loose is far worse.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

If they are bred in captivity, then letting them loose is far worse."

thats how i feel about humans

By *am-RaiderMan
over a year ago

Corby

"Haven't read the previous thousand posts but having had two budgies early on when I was married you just don't realise how chuffing noisy they are.

Just that. Too loud.

I'm joking...someone (deaf probably...by now at least) adopted them for us. do you often fantasize about wrapping things in clingfilm and then 'giving it to them'? "

Up until now no..but now I'm wondering how I can apply enough to both keep you breathing and allow access to all bases.

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Just that. Too loud.

I'm joking...someone (deaf probably...by now at least) adopted them for us. do you often fantasize about wrapping things in clingfilm and then 'giving it to them'?

Up until now no..but now I'm wondering how I can apply enough to both keep you breathing and allow access to all bases. "

the solution is called scissors

over a year ago

The birds we see the most around here are Red Kites. I Like watching them fly about, circling, floating on the winds and thermals.

I was slightly disappointed ( for them) to learn that they only eat carrion. They look like a mean bird of prey but don't hunt.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"

It was a bugger when they invited themselves to ma Sunday dinner though and left little gravy claw prints everywhere and bits of spud scattered all over the table

By *am-RaiderMan
over a year ago

Corby

Perhaps it's due to the recent decline in "budgie smugglers"?

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"The birds we see the most around here are Red Kites. I Like watching them fly about, circling, floating on the winds and thermals.

I was slightly disappointed ( for them) to learn that they only eat carrion. They look like a mean bird of prey but don't hunt.

"

lazy?

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

I always left ma budgies' cage door open so they had free range of the house

It was a bugger when they invited themselves to ma Sunday dinner though and left little gravy claw prints everywhere and bits of spud scattered all over the table "

cannibalism?

By *uzy444 OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Perhaps it's due to the recent decline in "budgie smugglers"? "
i dread to think, whats taken its place...

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"

I did find loose ones as a child but sparrows and others could gang up on them.

Post new Message to Thread