Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Your music era

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I know i was a punk but my era is actually the 60s. Went to a concert in the week with mother and i danced to all of them and knew all the words taking in mind i wasnt even born when most where released.

Going to a buddy holly tribute in a couple of weeks and cant wait. Then patsy cline

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

80s for me

over a year ago

90's for me

By *taffs_hotwifeCouple
over a year ago

wombourne

I love all music but the music genres for my era would be described as Britpop, Grunge, Rave and Techno.

over a year ago

Well I have always been around music as I was a lot younger than my brother and sister so grew up around Wings, T-Rex etc with (brother) then unfortunately Bay City Rollers and The Osmonds with my sister , but when I was the age to go shopping myself with friends. It was the late 70's so punk into new wave was my era, into new romantic's and what a jolly fab time those days were

over a year ago

It was mid to late 80's for me.

Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Aha, Pet Shop Boys, all among a plethora of others but they stood out for me.

over a year ago

Most definitely an 80's child but was raised on Clash and Generation X by my Dad from when I discovered music in the late 70's.

over a year ago

David cassidy was my first heartthrob i must of been about six. But my first songs i remember my grandma getting us was lily the pink and two little boys.

First song we got for our "new" record player which came from the second hand shop and looked like a toaster was t rex solid gold easy action

over a year ago

Ben by Michael Jackson and Puppy Love by Donny Osmond were my first two records that I purchased. How I went from that to liking heavy rock I will never know! lol A 70's wild child and proud

over a year ago

70's all the way! Old rocker here!

over a year ago

First record I bought was puppy love by Donny Osmond I wanted Gary Glitter , rock n roll part 1 , but the record store had sold out and as it was my first ever purchase I just went with this .

Totally loved the whole glam scene , T. rex, The Sweet , Bowie , but also loved The Bay City Rollers , Rod Stewart and lots of soul music .

Got into punk , then the new romantic stuff , then rave and now love everything dark and heavy .

Music is such a fantastic medium to recall memories

over a year ago

Most definitely early 90's dance music, rave and house music 90-95 the golden era of dance music.

By *ucyfur77Woman
over a year ago

Pleasuretown

90's for me, especially grunge

over a year ago

Late 80's and early 90's

over a year ago

60s and 70s Talma motown era ,loved it.

over a year ago

Mid to late 80s and early 90s. When I was very young I was properly into 2-Tone and ska but that died a death after a very short while. Going through school I really didn't get on with the whole new wave thing and then I discovered the music that has set me up for life, thrash metal which exploded from around 84 onwards until Nirvana killed it off with grunge.

Glad to say it's very much back \m/

over a year ago

I really like 80's music, but that's practically before my time.

I grew up with Oasis...that's my band.

I like old School house aswell.

Like a few Tiesto tunes also.

I'm pretty erotic..

...I mean Eclectic.

over a year ago

1990s. I was 21 the summer of Britpop, I like all kinds of stuff but that's what sends me into a reverie.

By weird coincidence, what's left of Embrace played in my pub last night.

over a year ago

Early 80's for me but also early 90's indie music too

Depending on my mood

over a year ago

Stone roses,happy Mondays,charlatans many a happy night off my face listening to these.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

From a music taste perspective I think 70s rock and Bowie was a golden era

over a year ago

I was a punk,spikey orange hair the lot

over a year ago

Was listening to ultrasonic in the gym this morning

By *appyman3943Man
over a year ago

Aberdeen

Mid late 80's. Still love electronic music from that time.

over a year ago

Late 80s early 99s indie. Wonder Stuff, Ned's, Carter, Mega City 4, Senseless Things and all those grebo bands

over a year ago

90's rock and grunge

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Rock & Blues for me

over a year ago

No era for us, we're both into all sorts of stuff, currently dancing round the kitchen to Motown !

Up next=

Heatwave

Tracks of my tears

There's a Ghost in my house

By *ewels74Woman
over a year ago

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

I'm 70s and 80s lover but adore music from the 50s and 60s also,but I can listen to anything as well

over a year ago

80s everytime - love cheesy pop that you can wiggle your arse to

over a year ago

80s for me

over a year ago

80s for me but also good lounge or deep house is soooo erotic (Mrs)

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

My actual era is the mid-90s. All the britpop Oasis type stuff. That's the music I lived through.

What I tend to listen too most though and what I really love is music from the 50s and 60s. Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Buddy Holly. I love all that. I sometimes think I was born at the wrong time, as I don't tend to listen to modern stuff at all.

over a year ago

"My actual era is the mid-90s. All the britpop Oasis type stuff. That's the music I lived through.

What I tend to listen too most though and what I really love is music from the 50s and 60s. Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Buddy Holly. I love all that. I sometimes think I was born at the wrong time, as I don't tend to listen to modern stuff at all."

you surprise me, even when i was a punk i had a buddy holly and billy fury album tucked away.

over a year ago

"My actual era is the mid-90s. All the britpop Oasis type stuff. That's the music I lived through.

What I tend to listen too most though and what I really love is music from the 50s and 60s. Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Buddy Holly. I love all that. I sometimes think I was born at the wrong time, as I don't tend to listen to modern stuff at all.you surprise me, even when i was a punk i had a buddy holly and billy fury album tucked away."

Sams standard karaoke song is buddy hollys everyday !

Gets a lot of surprised looks

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

What I tend to listen too most though and what I really love is music from the 50s and 60s. Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Buddy Holly. I love all that. I sometimes think I was born at the wrong time, as I don't tend to listen to modern stuff at all.you surprise me, even when i was a punk i had a buddy holly and billy fury album tucked away."

I love Buddy Holly. I have all his stuff. Read all the books. Same with Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bo Diddley. Same with the 60s stuff. I know much more about it than my parents who grew up in that era!

Music has to speak to me for me to listen to it. For some reason that era does. It's strange. It's hard to explain why that is.

I've never been one to just go along with the crowd I guess. I tend to follow my heart and my head. I don't just go along with current trends because that's what everyone else is doing. I've always been like that. If it rocks my soul then that's all I need.

over a year ago

What I tend to listen too most though and what I really love is music from the 50s and 60s. Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Buddy Holly. I love all that. I sometimes think I was born at the wrong time, as I don't tend to listen to modern stuff at all.you surprise me, even when i was a punk i had a buddy holly and billy fury album tucked away.

I love Buddy Holly. I have all his stuff. Read all the books. Same with Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bo Diddley. Same with the 60s stuff. I know much more about it than my parents who grew up in that era!

Music has to speak to me for me to listen to it. For some reason that era does. It's strange. It's hard to explain why that is.

I've never been one to just go along with the crowd I guess. I tend to follow my heart and my head. I don't just go along with current trends because that's what everyone else is doing. I've always been like that. If it rocks my soul then that's all I need."

this buddy holly concert im going to in a couple of weeks is because he would of been 80. I know its touring but im not sure where

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

What I tend to listen too most though and what I really love is music from the 50s and 60s. Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Buddy Holly. I love all that. I sometimes think I was born at the wrong time, as I don't tend to listen to modern stuff at all.you surprise me, even when i was a punk i had a buddy holly and billy fury album tucked away.

I've never been one to just go along with the crowd I guess. I tend to follow my heart and my head. I don't just go along with current trends because that's what everyone else is doing. I've always been like that. If it rocks my soul then that's all I need.this buddy holly concert im going to in a couple of weeks is because he would of been 80. I know its touring but im not sure where"

I'll see if I can find out any news about it online

By *iSTARessWoman
over a year ago

London

"Most definitely early 90's dance music, rave and house music 90-95 the golden era of dance music. "

Though I'm rather impartial to 70s disco, 80s pop, late 80s house, mid 00s French electro

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

Always has been and always be northern soul.

I love the music,the dancing, the allnighters, weekenders and alldayers and the friends I've made through my love of it

Ktf

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan
over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

The 90's.

HOUSE MUSIC.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

I've never been one to just go along with the crowd I guess. I tend to follow my heart and my head. I don't just go along with current trends because that's what everyone else is doing. I've always been like that. If it rocks my soul then that's all I need.this buddy holly concert im going to in a couple of weeks is because he would of been 80. I know its touring but im not sure where"

Sent you a pm with the dates and venues etc

over a year ago

Late 70's onwards for me but grew up being influenced by my dads choice of music ..

He had been a teddy boy so it was Elvis, Buddy Holly, Gene Vincent, Bill Haley et al, so I love all the 50's and 60's music too..

I've seen Buddy, which was brilliant and Grease god knows how many times when Shane Ritchie was in it lol

Also the billy fury story was excellent too ... I just love that whole era

over a year ago

loved all the stuff in the 60's there was so many massive bands back then but i grew up in the 70s early 80s and love elo,fleetwood mac,bowie etc and all the two/tone and early electro stuff as well

Post new Message to Thread