Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Photo ID

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

A female friend and I were due to go to a local club tomorrow, their website states that you must have photo ID. My friend doesn't drive and hasn't got a passport.

I've just phoned the club in question to ask if they would accept a non photo ID. And can't believe the way I was treated, I was effectively sneered at because my friend doesn't have these forms of ID. The words were "I can't believe she hasn't got them, everyone had to have I'd in life"!!

I'm sure she mustn't be the only person in the world that doesn't have these forms of ID. I'm absolutely fuming. Good job there are plenty of other clubs in the area.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I went to a club with a guy who didn't have ID. They said a household bill would be acceptable.

Its a shame that club wasn't more understanding.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's a shame, but not worth fuming over. How *do* you get through life without photo ID? It's required for so many things!

over a year ago

"It's a shame, but not worth fuming over. How *do* you get through life without photo ID? It's required for so many things!"

Unless you drive or take holidays abroad, it actually isn't required!

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"It's a shame, but not worth fuming over. How *do* you get through life without photo ID? It's required for so many things!"

The only thing I've ever needed it for was picking up a missed delivery.

over a year ago

Em doesn't have photo I'd, a certain Leeds based club accepted her birth certificate and utility bill along with my drivers license, em gets by just nicely without having photo Id but it can sometimes slow down some processes - ess

over a year ago

"It's a shame, but not worth fuming over. How *do* you get through life without photo ID? It's required for so many things!

Unless you drive or take holidays abroad, it actually isn't required! "

only for opening bank accounts and joining places.. it is easy to get photographic id.. and there are plenty of clubs in the nw that do not require any ID.

over a year ago

"It's a shame, but not worth fuming over. How *do* you get through life without photo ID? It's required for so many things!

Unless you drive or take holidays abroad, it actually isn't required! "

I've needed photo ID for mortgage applications, opening bank accounts, changing currency, getting into a high security location...

By *rincessvenusCouple
over a year ago

Hull

we dont have photo id if the ask we say do you want the business or what y

By *irty130Couple
over a year ago

Bristol Area

Citizen Card with a PASS Logo.

Accepted by domestic airlines etc.

over a year ago

I think it's more the lack of any customer service and the condescending attitude that annoyed me more than anything.

over a year ago

I calmed down and we're off to cupids instead!

Post new Message to Thread