FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Holidaying with others, what would you do?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Help, need a bit of advice! We booked a family holiday a few months back, and an aquitance/almost friend suggested coming too in quite an off the cuff manner, responded much the same that would be nice etc never thinking it would never come to fruition. Boy was I wrong, now with only a few weeks to go I am dreading it, her children are ill mannered, loud and annoying. I keep hoping she'll cancel last minute, but reality is this is unlikely.

How do I prepare myself for the inevitable? And if anyone has managed to find themselves in the same position I'd love to hear how it went

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Get their ill mannered loud mouthed children to interact with other couple's ill mannered loud mouthed children and you should be fine

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

Feign a bad case of death and never have to discuss your true feelings with her ever again?

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Feign a bad case of death and never have to discuss your true feelings with her ever again?"

Drastically this maybe the only option open to you.

Having said that Joe, we need to come up with a list of causes....

Hmmmm, where shall we start

By *am-RaiderMan
over a year ago

Corby

Have they paid anything towards it?

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

you didnt stop it before this?..what were you thinking

no i dont get myself in situations like this

i wouldn't have lied to her saying it was nice in the first place, id more have said yeah, but you know what, you're kids would drive me mad...

over a year ago

"Have they paid anything towards it? "

She's paid her flights and hotel

By *yz69Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

You could do your own thing during the day and meet up for dinner/drinks.

Alternatively you could be really noisy so she doesn't want to join you again...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

wake the kids at 5am each morning and go somewhere.... don't go back to the hotel until bed time

over a year ago

"you didnt stop it before this?..what were you thinking

i wouldn't have lied to her saying it was nice in the first place, id more have said yeah, but you know what, you're kids would drive me mad..."

I know, it sounds so stupid putting it in writing, but we got on really well to start with and now not quite so much, well on my side at least

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

i wouldn't have lied to her saying it was nice in the first place, id more have said yeah, but you know what, you're kids would drive me mad...

I know, it sounds so stupid putting it in writing, but we got on really well to start with and now not quite so much, well on my side at least"

im sorry sweet, you could ask her what her plans for her holiday are and then say you want to go do some other things too and that she wont mind will she, that way you can get away, without stress while you are there x i really hope you have a good time xx

over a year ago

I know, it sounds so stupid putting it in writing, but we got on really well to start with and now not quite so much, well on my side at leastim sorry sweet, you could ask her what her plans for her holiday are and then say you want to go do some other things too and that she wont mind will she, that way you can get away, without stress while you are there x i really hope you have a good time xx"

I hope so too, I think I'm.probably stressing more about her children playing up, I know I can take my children out to eat and day trips etc and they'll behave, just can't say the same for hers. Just need to think positive Thanks x

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Agree clear cut rules before leaving. As well as how problems are remedied and what punishments are relevant. Works all ways with all parties involved.

Consider a friendly chat first, so it's not dismissive but is about them and you all having the greatest time.

It's a holiday, so expecting major personality transplants is unlikely. The kids will want to have fun. Research how you could get rid of them.

Post new Message to Thread