Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Being neighbourly?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

This morning whilst I was out and about I received an automated message saying that a parcel I was expecting to be delivered tomorrow was being delivered today...

An hour later I received another message stating my parcel had been delivered to my next door neighbour ...

When I got home one and a half hours later, at 1.30, I went next door but my neighbour was out... and he is still out, so I have still not received my parcel ...

If it was me being asked to take the parcel in, I'd have said 'sorry but I'm going to be out for the day' and left it...

I just don't understand people's logic sometimes

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Even if he gets home at midnight you'll have still got it earlier than if they hadn't left it with him

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

i think it was a perfectly nice thing of your neighbour to do. Seems people can't do right for doing wrong these days.

if you knew it was being delivered early and you are that desperate for it could you not have gone home especially to receive it?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

A parcel next door is more secure than one located on a van or warehouse somewhere else.

Neighbours do their best and may get unexpected demands for their time elsewhere - rather than take something in and then deliberately go awol.

In future, discuss parcel etc procedures with them, so that you all know where you stand.

By *eady and Willing 9Man
over a year ago

Wherever the party is @

"This morning whilst I was out and about I received an automated message saying that a parcel I was expecting to be delivered tomorrow was being delivered today...

An hour later I received another message stating my parcel had been delivered to my next door neighbour ...

When I got home one and a half hours later, at 1.30, I went next door but my neighbour was out... and he is still out, so I have still not received my parcel ...

If it was me being asked to take the parcel in, I'd have said 'sorry but I'm going to be out for the day' and left it...

I just don't understand people's logic sometimes "

Maybe they didn't know that they were going to be out all day..if at all?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Maybe he thought he was doing you a favour by taking it in

over a year ago

It's only just gone 6pm. Some people work?

over a year ago

"This morning whilst I was out and about I received an automated message saying that a parcel I was expecting to be delivered tomorrow was being delivered today...

Why don't you tell him how you feel? Then he will know better than to try and be neighbourly

over a year ago

"I just don't understand people's logic sometimes "

No its terrible depriving you of the pleasure of waiting 24 hours then driving to the depot with ID, bloody neighbours

over a year ago

My neighbours never collect their parcels!! We have to take them over or else we'd have boxes of dead plants clogging up our hallway!

Seriously, B&Q sell plants, stop ordering them online neighbour!!

over a year ago

I'm always taking in parcels for my neighbour. There were only one time I took a parcel knowing I was going to be out til the evening. I just popped a note thru his door saying it was safe and I would bring it round as soon as I was home...

It's nice to be nice!

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I used to be neighbourly and take in several parcels a week.

The neighbour in question had a pop at me the other week because i was parked outside MY house and her taxi couldn't drop her right outside the door as there were other cars parked.

If anyone wants to leave a parcel for her now i refuse it.

Now she has to rearrange delivery or pick up from the depot. Serves her right for being a fucking bitch

By *arnayguyMan
over a year ago

Durham Tees

I agree with others. As a regular 'delivery taker iner' it might be a birthday present for today or something similarly important. I would do it as a favour even if you didn't get it until after 6.30. It is still way better than having to go and collect it.

over a year ago

Wow, touch crowd Leggy, I wouldn't have gone out no matter what! Does the parcel contain anything interesting that you'd like to share?

over a year ago

How dare they go out for the day, the evil, evil cnuts! And worse still, how dare they sign for that parcel when they are under absolutely no obligation to!

Have you considered moving house in search of better neighbours? These ones sound like a right pain!

Patience is a virtue, you'll get your parcel soon!

over a year ago

Why don't you tell him how you feel? Then he will know better than to try and be neighbourly "

If I ever saw him I would..

We don't speak and he works unsociable hours so I don't even get why he decided to be so 'neighbourly'

.. it's no skin off my nose if they didn't deliver.. I'd have rather gone and collected it anyway.., it's only 2 mins away

over a year ago

"How dare they go out for the day, the evil, evil cnuts! And worse still, how dare they sign for that parcel when they are under absolutely no obligation to!

Have you considered moving house in search of better neighbours? These ones sound like a right pain!

Patience is a virtue, you'll get your parcel soon!"

I'd have got it sooner if he had refused to take it

over a year ago

"How dare they go out for the day, the evil, evil cnuts! And worse still, how dare they sign for that parcel when they are under absolutely no obligation to!

Patience is a virtue, you'll get your parcel soon!

I'd have got it sooner if he had refused to take it "

Does it really matter? You were due to get it tomorrow anyway lol

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Wow, touch crowd Leggy, I wouldn't have gone out no matter what! Does the parcel contain anything interesting that you'd like to share?

"

You don't go out after taking a parcel in for someone until they collect it? What if they are on holiday for a week? Do you take a week off work?

over a year ago

Omg how dare your neighbour go out

I frequently accept parcels and my neighbours do for me too.

I don't expect them to be in at my convenience

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Sorry, but personally, I think you are being out of order, you may not see them often, but they obviously thought they wee doing you a favour

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

"Omg how dare your neighbour go out

I frequently accept parcels and my neighbours do for me too.

I don't expect them to be in at my convenience "

By *echnosonic_BrummieMan
over a year ago

Willenhall

He's got that vibe, viiibe, viii-iiibe...

over a year ago

"Wow, touch crowd Leggy, I wouldn't have gone out no matter what! Does the parcel contain anything interesting that you'd like to share? "

No matter what? Really?

You must really want to fuck your neighbours...

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 15/09/16 09:57:14]

over a year ago

"Omg lol

You people make me laugh out loud!! Literally...

talk about being professionally offended on behalf of someone you don't even know..

out of order my arse "

was it your Love Honey delivery

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Bloody single males

Grrrrrrrr

over a year ago

"Omg lol

talk about being professionally offended on behalf of someone you don't even know..

out of order my arse was it your Love Honey delivery "

No it was part of my sons birthday present...

He chose it himself and ordered it and being autistic when I said it was with the neighbour he was there every hour knocking on the door, just in case neighbour had returned...

He finally went to bed as neighbour brought package at 10pm ....

Neighbour actually apologised and said he wouldn't have taken package in if he knew he was going to be so late

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Omg lol

out of order my arse was it your Love Honey delivery

He chose it himself and ordered it and being autistic when I said it was with the neighbour he was there every hour knocking on the door, just in case neighbour had returned...

Neighbour actually apologised and said he wouldn't have taken package in if he knew he was going to be so late "

Oh poor wee soul

I do hope everyone who posted above feel very guilty now.

over a year ago

God help anyone trying to do you a favour in future

over a year ago

"Omg lol

Neighbour actually apologised and said he wouldn't have taken package in if he knew he was going to be so late "

Happy Birthday to your son, hope he enjoys his present along with his others

over a year ago

" Maybe he thought he was doing you a favour by taking it in"

This.

Well, that's how I'd see it.

By *aeBabeWoman
over a year ago

London

If they had done that, you might have moaned that they could have taken it to save you the trouble of visiting the depo centre

over a year ago

Well I'd have been chuffed if they had accepted it on my behalf. It's a little gesture that goes a long way.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Omg lol

I suppose you could have not mentioned it to the kid if you knew what he might do

Did you give the neighbour a bollocking for taking it in?

over a year ago

Write letters to all your neighbours politely asking them to not take in your parcels. Or tell the company you don't want parcels left with neighbours. I have the mobile number of my yodel Delivery lady and I message her when I'm in.

over a year ago

"Omg lol

Neighbour actually apologised and said he wouldn't have taken package in if he knew he was going to be so late

Oh poor wee soul

"

Not on the slightest.OP stoll reads incredibly self absorbed and ungrateful. I would have thought the easiest thing was not to tell her son...

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Omg lol

Oh poor wee soul

Not on the slightest.OP stoll reads incredibly self absorbed and ungrateful. I would have thought the easiest thing was not to tell her son..."

Even if she adds a sick puppy to the story

over a year ago

"Omg lol

Oh poor wee soul

Not on the slightest.OP stoll reads incredibly self absorbed and ungrateful. I would have thought the easiest thing was not to tell her son...

Even if she adds a sick puppy to the story"

That would be totally different I'm not a completely heartless bastard!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Omg lol

Oh poor wee soul

Even if she adds a sick puppy to the story

That would be totally different I'm not a completely heartless bastard!"

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 15/09/16 11:11:26]

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

So your neighbor took it in, because it was delivered a day earlier than you expected. He got back at 10pm and came round with it. So it arrived on your sons birthday.

If he hadn't took it in, you would have had to drive to the depot the day after his birthday.

So actually he's done you a favour, as he was trying to do all along.

over a year ago

I'd just sort prezzies out sooner..

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 15/09/16 11:16:54]

over a year ago

"Omg lol

Oh poor wee soul

Even if she adds a sick puppy to the story"

STOP IT am going to cry

over a year ago

I think your being a tad ungrateful. Did you expect him to sit in waiting for you. Should he of not took it in and then they send it back the depo? Glad your not my neighbour , I'm always signing for neighbours parcels as I work from home a lot and they are actually grateful as they are never in. They actually bought me a bottle of wine last week as they were grateful , nice to be nice

over a year ago

"Omg lol

Oh poor wee soul

"

Speak for yourself, I was supportive.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Omg lol

Oh poor wee soul

Speak for yourself, I was supportive."

That was nice of you

over a year ago

"Omg lol

Oh poor wee soul

Speak for yourself, I was supportive."

Would you mind nipping to Morocco and picking up a suitcase for us?

We promise you some female attention afterwards.

over a year ago

"Omg lol

Oh poor wee soul

Speak for yourself, I was supportive.

Would you mind nipping to Morocco and picking up a suitcase for us?

We promise you some female attention afterwards."

Two females and it's a deal

over a year ago

I think your being a tad ungrateful. Did you expect him to sit in waiting for you. Should he of not took it in and then they send it back the depo? Glad your not my neighbour , I'm always signing for neighbours parcels as I work from home a lot and they are actually grateful as they are never in. They actually bought me a bottle of wine last week as they were grateful , nice to be nice "

I think you revel in being judgemental, and especially where I am concerned...

Also if you read the whole thread and not just my first post ... you will see why I was questioning my neighbours neighbourliness

Obviously you have lovely neighbours but I too am glad I don't live next door to you either

over a year ago

I think your being a tad ungrateful. Did you expect him to sit in waiting for you. Should he of not took it in and then they send it back the depo? Glad your not my neighbour , I'm always signing for neighbours parcels as I work from home a lot and they are actually grateful as they are never in. They actually bought me a bottle of wine last week as they were grateful , nice to be nice

Also if you read the whole thread and not just my first post ... you will see why I was questioning my neighbours neighbourliness

Obviously you have lovely neighbours but I too am glad I don't live next door to you either "

Yes I read the whole thread from top to bottom I can assure you.

over a year ago

Obviously you have lovely neighbours but I too am glad I don't live next door to you either

Yes I read the whole thread from top to bottom I can assure you. "

There were others who said much the same as I did also, wasn't just me

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

"i think it was a perfectly nice thing of your neighbour to do. Seems people can't do right for doing wrong these days.

if you knew it was being delivered early and you are that desperate for it could you not have gone home especially to receive it?"

over a year ago

Obviously you have lovely neighbours but I too am glad I don't live next door to you either "

No need to be personal I have no idea what you mean revel in being judgmental? Please elaborate ? And where your concerned? Now I'm cunfused ,

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

There were others who said much the same as I did also, wasn't just me "

Don't worry about it,I didn't say what I actually thought as I knew she'd jump on me. Hasn't got the balls to say it to certain others on here

over a year ago

What a fabulous thread.

over a year ago

No need to be personal I have no idea what you mean revel in being judgmental? Please elaborate ? And where your concerned? Now I'm cunfused , "

Confused even. I'm so not judgemental, I may have opinions but one thing I'm not is judgmental.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"What a fabulous thread. "

It's a thread that the answers are the same for both a female and male OP.

over a year ago

There were others who said much the same as I did also, wasn't just me

Don't worry about it,I didn't say what I actually thought as I knew she'd jump on me. Hasn't got the balls to say it to certain others on here "

Don't know why I got picked on, and then personally attacked charming

over a year ago

"What a fabulous thread.

"

For once. It's very unusual the a girl gets the same treatment a man would here.

over a year ago

"So your neighbor took it in, because it was delivered a day earlier than you expected. He got back at 10pm and came round with it. So it arrived on your sons birthday.

If he hadn't took it in, you would have had to drive to the depot the day after his birthday.

So actually he's done you a favour, as he was trying to do all along."

What is all this 'driving to the depot' nonsense?

It's 2 mins up the road so I would have got it quicker anyway

By *radleywigginsMan
over a year ago

northwest

So.. Just before Christmas a simillar thing happened. I placed an order on Amazon and asked for the next day delivery. They texted to say it may not arrive but would the next day, when I knew I'd probably be out.

My neighbour (lovely lady, mid fifties, lives alone) is my default amazon alternative delivery. I went round to her place to explain the situation and she extremely kindly said she'd sort it out.

Given that the parcel in question was a double mattress, and she brought it round to me the next day,I'd say this is the very definition of 'neighbourly'!

over a year ago

I was thinking the same.

over a year ago

"So your neighbor took it in, because it was delivered a day earlier than you expected. He got back at 10pm and came round with it. So it arrived on your sons birthday.

It's 2 mins up the road so I would have got it quicker anyway "

Depo at mine shuts before 1pm

over a year ago

"So.. Just before Christmas a simillar thing happened. I placed an order on Amazon and asked for the next day delivery. They texted to say it may not arrive but would the next day, when I knew I'd probably be out.

My neighbour (lovely lady, mid fifties, lives alone) is my default amazon alternative delivery. I went round to her place to explain the situation and she extremely kindly said she'd sort it out.

Given that the parcel in question was a double mattress, and she brought it round to me the next day,I'd say this is the very definition of 'neighbourly'! "

A double mattress?! Blimey O'Reilly I hope you got her some chocs or something for lugging that to you?!

over a year ago

"What a fabulous thread.

"

I think we need to know what the OP was wearing and which delivery company it was.

over a year ago

"What a fabulous thread.

For once. It's very unusual the a girl gets the same treatment a man would here."

That's because everyone revels in being offended on behalf of strangers, in order to make themselves look good...if they think I'm self absorbed then that's up to them ...

It's given me a whole new insight into them too

over a year ago

I like that it just keeps giving

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Not offended by you

Not offended by the others

It's a thread I read, nothing more

over a year ago

Depo at mine shuts before 1pm"

Yes most of them by me do, damn cheek if you ask me not being open for whenever we want to collect our parcels pfffft

over a year ago

"What a fabulous thread.

For once. It's very unusual the a girl gets the same treatment a man would here.

That's because everyone revels in being offended on behalf of strangers, in order to make themselves look good...if they think I'm self absorbed then that's up to them ...

"

I don't think people are being offended on others behalf. More that they are shocked by your selfish ungratefulness

By *radleywigginsMan
over a year ago

northwest

"So.. Just before Christmas a simillar thing happened. I placed an order on Amazon and asked for the next day delivery. They texted to say it may not arrive but would the next day, when I knew I'd probably be out.

Given that the parcel in question was a double mattress, and she brought it round to me the next day,I'd say this is the very definition of 'neighbourly'!

A double mattress?! Blimey O'Reilly I hope you got her some chocs or something for lugging that to you?! "

She wouldn't have accepted a thing. That's the scousers for you!

You seem lovely, but from the look of things not all your countrywomen would have had the same grace!!

over a year ago

Depo at mine shuts before 1pm

Yes most of them by me do, damn cheek if you ask me not being open for whenever we want to collect our parcels pfffft "

You'd think they'd be 9-5, since the people were probably at work when the parcel came. Means waiting to Saturday on some deliveries.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 15/09/16 13:14:28]

over a year ago

"What a fabulous thread.

I don't think people are being offended on others behalf. More that they are shocked by your selfish ungratefulness"

I haven't mentioned that when he moved in I gave him the code in order to use my wifi until his got sorted ..

And that I was the one that waited in for the BT man when his phone line eventually got connected... I've never had anyone knock here to take a parcel on his behalf but if they did I would take it, but that's because I'm usually around and about all day...

But nobody asked that and it's always easier to assume I'm a cow, innit

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

" ...Neighbour actually apologised and said he wouldn't have taken package in if he knew he was going to be so late "

Apologising doesn't necessarily mean anything by itself, Scarlett. It might just mean you scare the bejesus out of him.

Glad it all worked out in the end. Did you let him live?

Mr ddc

(Ps Sorry, obvs )

over a year ago

"What a fabulous thread.

I don't think people are being offended on others behalf. More that they are shocked by your selfish ungratefulness

I haven't mentioned that when he moved in I gave him the code in order to use my wifi until his got sorted ..

And that I was the one that waited in for the BT man when his phone line eventually got connected... I've never had anyone knock here to take a parcel on his behalf but if they did I would take it, but that's because I'm usually around and about all day...

But nobody asked that and it's always easier to assume I'm a cow, innit "

You complained because a neighbour went out after taking a delivery of a parcel. Maybe that's why people think that?

I'm not sure why anything else is relevant?

over a year ago

"What a fabulous thread.

You complained because a neighbour went out after taking a delivery of a parcel. Maybe that's why people think that?

I'm not sure why anything else is relevant?"

I wasn't complaining, I was just commenting on what I'd have done...if I was going to have a rant I'd have waited for rant Thursday!!

I'm not exactly sure why you are being so tenacious either....did you have a point to make?

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Seriously?

over a year ago

"What a fabulous thread.

I'm not sure why anything else is relevant?

I wasn't complaining, I was just commenting on what I'd have done...if I was going to have a rant I'd have waited for rant Thursday!!

I'm not exactly sure why you are being so tenacious either....did you have a point to make? "

You honestly think you aren't complaining in your opening post?

And why would I have a pout to make? It's a forum, people comment, that's how they work

over a year ago

If the courier is anything like the one who delivers in my area you don't get a chance to say 'no I can't accept'!! Before i know it an electronic pen & the parcel are both thrusted into my hands quicker than lightning

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"I'm not sure why anything else is relevant?"

To be fair to the OP, and all joking aside, Mr Monkey, that's because you missed the one vital clue later on in the thread.

Her son is autistic.

Maybe that manifests itself in him becoming unsettled and frustrated when things around him don't go to plan or he finds himself in new situations.

Some people try to deal with it by trying to obsessively plan the minutiae of their daily lives. Others deal with it via humour, or by deliberately challenging themselves in an attempt to prevent it controlling their life. Others use it in a positive way and become excellent project planners or to find ways to fiddle with URLs in order to reopen closed threads.

Oh, and did I say it is often genetic and runs in families ?...

I only know these things because I have a close relative who was diagnosed with one of the more severe forms.

Luckily of course I am personally completely normal and totally not anywhere on the spectrum at all...

Mr ddc

over a year ago

"I'm not sure why anything else is relevant?

To be fair to the OP, and all joking aside, Mr Monkey, that's because you missed the one vital clue later on in the thread.

Her son is autistic.

Maybe that manifests itself in him becoming unsettled and frustrated when things around him don't go to plan or he finds himself in new situations.

Some people try to deal with it by trying to obsessively plan the minutiae of their daily lives. Others deal with it via humour, or by deliberately challenging themselves in an attempt to prevent it controlling their life. Others use it in a positive way and become excellent project planners or to find ways to fiddle with URLs in order to reopen closed threads.

I only know these things because I have a close relative who was diagnosed with one of the more severe forms.

Luckily of course I am personally completely normal and totally not anywhere on the spectrum at all...

Mr ddc"

To be fair I can see your point but I don't see her son being autistic has any relevance to the actual original post. Her neighbour was probably just being kind.

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Her son is autistic.

Mr ddc"

As has already been said then she shouldn't have said anything to her son until she had received it personally and perhaps ordered it a little earlier then this problem wouldn't have arisen.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

Her son is autistic.

Mr ddc

To be fair I can see your point but I don't see her son being autistic has any relevance to the actual original post. Her neighbour was probably just being kind. "

Really?

None at all?

Not even the genetic bit?

Sometimes my subtlety is lost on these forums...

over a year ago

Her son is autistic.

Mr ddc

To be fair I can see your point but I don't see her son being autistic has any relevance to the actual original post. Her neighbour was probably just being kind. "

he was indeed being kind, but as I later posted he also apologised for taking it in as he did not know he would be out for so long, otherwise he wouldn't have...

over a year ago

Her son is autistic.

Mr ddc

As has already been said then she shouldn't have said anything to her son until she had received it personally and perhaps ordered it a little earlier then this problem wouldn't have arisen."

good advice I'll try and remember that one

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We took a bed in for a neighbour once...never again.

We used to regularly take things in for a couple who lived opposite including a giant surf board but they would never come and get them and we discovered that often they were actually in but didn't answer the door...so we stopped.

Where we live now we happily take anything smaller than a bed in .

I know this isn't relevant to the thread really

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Ahhh I just love the drip feed threads....see what reaction you get then post further information to try and make.those who font agree with you look silly

Are we to ask questions about medical conditions, previous history with nameless third parties and a hundred other things before we are allowed to comment?

Regardless of your sons autism, your original post was ungracious at the least. You know how your son will react if things go off plan so why promise hum something you don't know you can deliver? Are you suggesting that no one should do anything nice for anyone who has an autistic child?

Yes the neighbour apologised for being so late but that doesn't validate your rection. It just makes him a bit nicer than he was before.

Post new Message to Thread