Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Just been for an interview

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

And the woman interviewin me was really condescending!!!!! Proper control freak who obviously wanted men around her go bow at her every time she entered the room !!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

What's been your worst interview

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Some 38 year old guy who I interviewed today. I could tell from the off he wasn't going to suck up to my every whim. Not a chance of getting that job sunny Jim! you need to put out to get here.

over a year ago

Oh I gave it my best alright! But there is no need to be condescending right

over a year ago

Not unless you chose it and paid her, no.

Thats plain mean, ar.. come here, rest your head on my boobs, let me stroke your ...head for you

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Well hope you get the job, that is if you want it........!! What sort of work?

over a year ago

My one single tip is this:

If your potential boss is hot and she asks you what your weaknesses are, don't make it obvious and try to kiss her, it proves you're crap and reading situations under pressure.

over a year ago

My worst interview was a few weeks ago. Was one of those shit group things that have no relevance to the job whatsoever. I got extreme stage fright and didn't utter one word for the whole hour then ran out of the room.

I didn't get the job

over a year ago

Oh dear. Doesn't sound like somewhere you'd want to work then!

I interviewed a man a while back who made no eye contact with me whatsoever, and directed all his answers to my male colleagues, even when I asked the question. And I was the senior person there. He didn't get the job.

over a year ago

"Well hope you get the job, that is if you want it........!! What sort of work?"

Not sure I want it! Finance director for a large Midlands company

over a year ago

"My worst interview was a few weeks ago. Was one of those shit group things that have no relevance to the job whatsoever. I got extreme stage fright and didn't utter one word for the whole hour then ran out of the room.

I didn't get the job "

I feel for you. I've done interviews in the past and made people do group things. They aren't easy x

over a year ago

"My one single tip is this:

If your potential boss is hot and she asks you what your weaknesses are, don't make it obvious and try to kiss her, it proves you're crap and reading situations under pressure. "

Damn it. So that's where I've been going wrong.

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"Well hope you get the job, that is if you want it........!! What sort of work?

Not sure I want it! Finance director for a large Midlands company"

Ah well, something better may come along....!!!

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

"My worst interview was a few weeks ago. Was one of those shit group things that have no relevance to the job whatsoever. I got extreme stage fright and didn't utter one word for the whole hour then ran out of the room.

I didn't get the job

I feel for you. I've done interviews in the past and made people do group things. They aren't easy x"

But in my company you work as a group so it's an important part of the role

over a year ago

I didn't get the job

I feel for you. I've done interviews in the past and made people do group things. They aren't easy x

But in my company you work as a group so it's an important part of the role "

Yeah i get that. It was an internal job where I work where I've worked in a team for the past 3 years and the scenario was so unrelated. It was pointless lol

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

Seems odd, when going for a director level job? What was her position in the company?

over a year ago

"Seems odd, when going for a director level job? What was her position in the company?"

She was the chief operating officer! So completely unexpected interview style. I don't interview clerks in that manner

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"Seems odd, when going for a director level job? What was her position in the company?

She was the chief operating officer! So completely unexpected interview style. I don't interview clerks in that manner "

Perhaps she thought she was interviewing you for a clerks job....!!!!

over a year ago

"Seems odd, when going for a director level job? What was her position in the company?

She was the chief operating officer! So completely unexpected interview style. I don't interview clerks in that manner

Perhaps she thought she was interviewing you for a clerks job....!!!! "

She would have a shock !

over a year ago

"Oh dear. Doesn't sound like somewhere you'd want to work then!

I interviewed a man a while back who made no eye contact with me whatsoever, and directed all his answers to my male colleagues, even when I asked the question. And I was the senior person there. He didn't get the job. "

Sometimes you have to get through the HR monkeys (who you will never see again) and it's worth the pain because they are just arrogant individuals who live in a bubble and don't reflect the company culture.

Other times they do... if it's the COO then that's a big red flag to me

over a year ago

Yea. I couldn't work with this person. I'm professional and bloody good at what I do! I don't need to be undermined by someone who couldn't even get a shag ! Ha ha

Post new Message to Thread