Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Message bombardment

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

A female friend of mine just joined the site and she showed me just how many messages she got in the first day....350....she couldn't cope with that and promptly left the site...

I think somehow we guys/the site admin need to help the ladies and couples out more so that there are a manageable number and quality of messages to handle...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"A female friend of mine just joined the site and she showed me just how many messages she got in the first day....350....she couldn't cope with that and promptly left the site...

I think somehow we guys/the site admin need to help the ladies and couples out more so that there are a manageable number and quality of messages to handle..."

Why didn't you tell her about FILTERS?

By *emplarWarriorMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"A female friend of mine just joined the site and she showed me just how many messages she got in the first day....350....she couldn't cope with that and promptly left the site...

I think somehow we guys/the site admin need to help the ladies and couples out more so that there are a manageable number and quality of messages to handle..."

Is that it?,

350???

over a year ago

I think somehow we guys/the site admin need to help the ladies and couples out more so that there are a manageable number and quality of messages to handle...

Why didn't you tell her about FILTERS? "

Totally this

over a year ago

Is that it?,

350??? "

Well it's a lot...I get about 6 messages a day but I use filters.

over a year ago

It does make me wonder how many messages get sent?

Even at 100-1 That probably means some blokes are sending messages to every woman within a 50 mile radius, every day? No wonder women are inundated, even with their filters on.

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

I think every guy needs to be made aware of what these sites are like for women.

over a year ago

Filters

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I didn't know about filters when I first joined so got loads to, it's quite overwhelming. Doesn't happen anymore because mine are quite tight

over a year ago

I also didn't know about filters :/ it's hugely overwhelming but it does settle down when you've been here for ever!

over a year ago

So should guys not message girls on here? Should there be a probationary period? I usually communicate through the medium of forum now.

over a year ago

I pointed this out once. Guys would give women some space. I got guys telling me I should have done the same to stand a chance of talking to her, by waiting and giving her space, guys go back of the Queue 'nice guys finish last' on here apparently.

I also got told I was a white knight. (compliment thanks)

I got abuse of a woman by pm. Yes, that's true.

All I think is poor girl, she must think swinging is a horrible world.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

They do, they give tips on how to use filters to limit the amount of mails you get.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

All I think is poor girl, she must think swinging is a horrible world.

"

Why? Isn't that why she joined to be able to get interest from other swingers?

over a year ago

What, like filters and delete/delete-all buttons?

over a year ago

Quantity can be reduced by the use of filters. Quality? How can any system deal with that?

over a year ago

when our old profile was hacked i set up a single fem one- changed it over to this within two or 3 weeks but in that first half hour whilst i was writing the profile and setting limits and filters i had a lot of messages - i just mass deleted them - was an eyeopener as no pics were up and i hadnt given much info - anybody that messages people in that way werent worth our effort - if there was a mass block button i would have used it

By *ranimallxl5Man
over a year ago

Winchester

It's hard I can sometimes get one of even two a month..Its hard to cope

over a year ago

As a single female I used to get loads of messages too. As a couple it's not quite so many

By *herbert fountainWoman
over a year ago

Hanley

A lot of guys just look to see who is online nearby and just message them all with the same message without looking at the profiles. And then put up ranty statuses about how they don't get any replies and how rude the women are to delete their messages without reading.

By *ed wineMan
over a year ago

Where the streets have no name

Yes, sometimes it must be intimidating. I usually refrain myself from sending messages, although I'd like.

Anyway, who wanted me, found me

By *radleywigginsMan
over a year ago

northwest

"I think every guy needs to be made aware of what these sites are like for women."

Anyone who reads the forums will by the comments on here.

Anyone who doesn't will probably notice that the bulk of their messages don't get read/a response.

over a year ago

I get excited if i get 1 message lol

over a year ago

"I get excited if i get 1 message lol"

awwww

over a year ago

Why didn't you tell her about FILTERS?

Totally this "

Your very good with the block button my love

over a year ago

Filters are great since discovering them ..nice and peaceful

over a year ago

Filters work wonders..

Of course as a man this would mean nothing to you but you are right..

it should be flagged up by admin maybe

over a year ago

I get 6 messages a week. I can't keep up either.

I thought you meant 350 posts on the forum.

By *piritsonfabCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

I have zero filters and don't get many messages. I must be a minger lol.

over a year ago

"I have zero filters and don't get many messages. I must be a minger lol."

I just sent one

over a year ago

Why didn't you tell her about FILTERS? "

Maybe because as a guy I've never had the need to use filters...and also maybe as a newby she wasn't familiar enough to know about them, maybe this feature can be made more prominent for newbies and also enhanced to filter more things....probably lots of people leaving the site based on being overwhelmed immediately upon joining.

By *duk70Man
over a year ago

langley

Is that it?,

350???

Well it's a lot...I get about 6 messages a day but I use filters. "

I'm sorry I'll stop sending them now

over a year ago

350 wtf doubt I've even had half that since I've been here lol

By *bsinthe_boyMan
over a year ago

Luton

I think that most guys simply don't realise that ladies are bombarded with messages. I have female friends who have joined, not even finished their profile or posted a pic and have 15 messages within minutes....mostly "Hi, wanna fuck?" type messages.

But even if some of the mail is polite and respectful, sorting through scores of messages after a day at work is no fun for the ladies of Fab.

I do think that men need to be aware of what these sites can be like for women...and vice versa.

over a year ago

...and women who continue to get hundreds of messages after being on the site for any length of time but still whinge about it really should use their common sense, set their filters, and stop being attention seeking numpties by not using the site tools provided for them

By *inglehotchickWoman
over a year ago

blackpool

I have lots of filters and still get inundated with messages.

By *emplarWarriorMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

I got one yesterday, Ive not opened it, I just like the look of it sat there, its like a friend to me now.

over a year ago

"I think that most guys simply don't realise that ladies are bombarded with messages. I have female friends who have joined, not even finished their profile or posted a pic and have 15 messages within minutes....mostly "Hi, wanna fuck?" type messages.

But even if some of the mail is polite and respectful, sorting through scores of messages after a day at work is no fun for the ladies of Fab.

I do think that men need to be aware of what these sites can be like for women...and vice versa. "

What if there were filters for message length? "No one liners except from people you've already exchanged messages with", that type of thing. Might be a crude quality filter.

over a year ago

Trouble with most of these messages are not just that the guys send hundreds, but most are not considered individual messages but just something like "alright", "want a fuck" etc

over a year ago

Hang on I'll get my violin out for those poor delicate flowers that can't work out filters and delete all messages. When i started my profile i immediately hid it until I'd added my pics and profile text and found my way round the filters. I worked all that out by myself.....I'm not sure why anyone else with half a brain couldn't work out to do that. It isn't exactly rocket science!!

over a year ago

Must admit when I set up a couple profile for me and an ex once within minutes of starting the account we started to get the messages such as "you look hot" we didn't even have photos at that point. Lucky for us we know the filters. I agree that these should be introduced as part of the initial set up of profile that way you understand what they are and what they do.

By *onhorMan
over a year ago

here

My filters are set and I've managed to get the messages I receive to manageable levels.

Anyone needing advice PM me, I'll try to get round to responding when I can.

over a year ago

"Must admit when I set up a couple profile for me and an ex once within minutes of starting the account we started to get the messages such as "you look hot" we didn't even have photos at that point. Lucky for us we know the filters. I agree that these should be introduced as part of the initial set up of profile that way you understand what they are and what they do. "

Yes it would be better to start filtered and then work from there. Not good for the single men if women are being put off!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Filters and keeping your profile hidden are tools to limit overload.

It can be overwhelming here and cause distress for some. I've had periods where I've hardly managed my inbox and been really slow to respond.

Guys should assume no reply means no interest - but it could change, if someone is slower with their message load.

over a year ago

"Must admit when I set up a couple profile for me and an ex once within minutes of starting the account we started to get the messages such as "you look hot" we didn't even have photos at that point. Lucky for us we know the filters. I agree that these should be introduced as part of the initial set up of profile that way you understand what they are and what they do.

Yes it would be better to start filtered and then work from there. Not good for the single men if women are being put off! "

Exactly lucky for us both we'd been on the site as singles so knew how to filter.

Trouble is you can't blame the guys (who try) for trying as for the one liners they deserve getting deleted and blocked.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/09/16 08:05:24]

over a year ago

Yeah- when I joined I had about 800 in the first couple of hours.

If she is such a 'Delicate Flower' then this place is probably not for her anyway.

over a year ago

Filters filters filters..... And basically don't even look at your inbox for the first 2 weeks because it will be all the arseholes who message thinking they are getting someone niave.

over a year ago

"Yeah- when I joined I had about 800 in the first couple of hours.

If she is such a 'Delicate Flower' then this place is probably not for her anyway."

So this place is for guys who send pointless unrealistic copy/paste one liners? If some simple measures can be added to enhance the filters and make them more known for newbies maybe we'd have a better site for all the genuine folk.

over a year ago

"Filters filters filters..... And basically don't even look at your inbox for the first 2 weeks because it will be all the arseholes who message thinking they are getting someone niave. "

Filters as they stand are not good enough in my opinion. For example :

1. There is no distinction between photo verified and verified by meet/cam.

2. All of the filters are not part of the account setup

3. There is no filter on sending multiple unreplied first messages to the same person.

If we can do a few things to improve then why not? I agree there are measures in place but I think some improvements would make a positive difference.

over a year ago

It's basically a free site so what does Admin really owe anyone in the sense of managing their inbox ~ there are tips in FAQ's to the number of incoming messages, point her in that direction.

over a year ago

If she is such a 'Delicate Flower' then this place is probably not for her anyway.

So this place is for guys who send pointless unrealistic copy/paste one liners? If some simple measures can be added to enhance the filters and make them more known for newbies maybe we'd have a better site for all the genuine folk."

Nope.

It's just common sense.

That appears to be less common.

It's unnecessary nannying.

over a year ago

When I rejoined on this profile I created it then hid it and logged back off for a week. That way I didn't appear as 'new' which seems to bring out the hoardes who smell fresh meat. That and sensible use of filters mostly do the trick although I won't pretend I'm on top of my messages.

over a year ago

"It's basically a free site so what does Admin really owe anyone in the sense of managing their inbox ~ there are tips in FAQ's to the number of incoming messages, point her in that direction.

"

There are both free and paid options, even the paid option does not allow you to filter on other things.

Can I ask why there is a resistance to making the existing features more easily known and also the "just deal with it" mentality rather than trying to reduce what is effectively slam and timewasting.

over a year ago

slam = spam, typo

over a year ago

Two message rule. I send first if it gets deleted then take that as a no , if it's not read as it will get to the bottom of a long list! I will send one more if no response from that then I leave it, no one wants to be pestered .

By *eliz NelsonMan
over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

"I got one yesterday, Ive not opened it, I just like the look of it sat there, its like a friend to me now. "

By *eliz NelsonMan
over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

"Two message rule. I send first if it gets deleted then take that as a no , if it's not read as it will get to the bottom of a long list! I will send one more if no response from that then I leave it, no one wants to be pestered . "

Take a similar approach here, but rarely send two messages and if I do, it will be over a couple of months apart

over a year ago

"Two message rule. I send first if it gets deleted then take that as a no , if it's not read as it will get to the bottom of a long list! I will send one more if no response from that then I leave it, no one wants to be pestered . "

Unfortunately some think sending a new message every hour with a different cock angle works...

over a year ago

"It's basically a free site so what does Admin really owe anyone in the sense of managing their inbox ~ there are tips in FAQ's to the number of incoming messages, point her in that direction.

There are both free and paid options, even the paid option does not allow you to filter on other things.

Can I ask why there is a resistance to making the existing features more easily known and also the "just deal with it" mentality rather than trying to reduce what is effectively slam and timewasting."

Well I can't speak for everyone but my mentality towards this site is ~ it isn't the be all and end all for me ~ I use it to chat in the forums & occasionally meet up. It's just not that important & really easy to press the delete button or delete all when the messages get too much.

over a year ago

Same here when I was on as a single lady. Nearly a thousand in a day. I left cos it. Being a couple and having filters is the best thing I did

over a year ago

over a year ago

Can I ask why there is a resistance to making the existing features more easily known and also the "just deal with it" mentality rather than trying to reduce what is effectively slam and timewasting."

Can i ask what is so difficult about finding the "delete all messages" and "block all men/women etc" settings? It really doesn't take long to find them. I think the issue here isn't the site not having the tools it's the users being too lazy to use them or actually enjoying the attention whilst moaning about it.

over a year ago

Can I ask why there is a resistance to making the existing features more easily known and also the "just deal with it" mentality rather than trying to reduce what is effectively slam and timewasting.

Can i ask what is so difficult about finding the "delete all messages" and "block all men/women etc" settings? It really doesn't take long to find them. I think the issue here isn't the site not having the tools it's the users being too lazy to use them or actually enjoying the attention whilst moaning about it."

over a year ago

Most of them all are desperate brainless idiots, you know we guys have 2 heads, some arent using the one on shoulders, shame to be a guy, because of asses like those..

They should make something like "minimum 500 character per message"

over a year ago

This post is hilarious! Now is the admin fault? How about the filters?people moan when they don't have messages now they moan they have to much!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"...and women who continue to get hundreds of messages after being on the site for any length of time but still whinge about it really should use their common sense, set their filters, and stop being attention seeking numpties by not using the site tools provided for them"

attention seekers indeed, that's why they'll never apply filters but pretend the attention is too much.

Not everyone has a life!

over a year ago

Normally 25-30 messages but I use strong filters. Not bad considering I have 'boring' pics

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

I have always thought that when any new account is set up its should automatically be with all filters set then the user could get referred directly to that page and in set them as they see fit to or opt to just browse, upload some pictures and settle in before being bombarded by people.

over a year ago

"I have always thought that when any new account is set up its should automatically be with all filters set then the user could get referred directly to that page and in set them as they see fit to or opt to just browse, upload some pictures and settle in before being bombarded by people. "

I think that's a good idea, have them all set by default to start off with and then people can decide who they want messages from, rather than the other way round. No excuses for whinging about it then.

over a year ago

"...and women who continue to get hundreds of messages after being on the site for any length of time but still whinge about it really should use their common sense, set their filters, and stop being attention seeking numpties by not using the site tools provided for them"

I quite agree. I've no filters up and I receive approx 50 odd messages a day. What I haven't got round to reading each week I mass delete. If they are keen enogth they will message back. xxx

By *anderer8707Man
over a year ago

Telford

350? C'mon, who sent the other one?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

So this place is for guys who send pointless unrealistic copy/paste one liners? If some simple measures can be added to enhance the filters and make them more known for newbies maybe we'd have a better site for all the genuine folk."

There is, they get tips on how to use their filters.

Even now we have a bright yellow link showing up telling us if we are not wanting mails from single men we can filter them.

If people don't want to use them and delete their profile instead I am not sure what else you can do

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Two message rule. I send first if it gets deleted then take that as a no , if it's not read as it will get to the bottom of a long list! I will send one more if no response from that then I leave it, no one wants to be pestered .

Unfortunately some think sending a new message every hour with a different cock angle works...

"

Is this a all men are idiots who don't know how to send mails and I am the good guy who is looking after the little ladies I wonder.

I know I am a hard bitch but I would hate a stranger on the net to mollycoddle me when I can't / won't use the delete or filter options

over a year ago

I've suggested multiple categories for single males many times before to try and solve the problems of

Single male frustration amongst those who make an effort, take good pics, write good profiles and messages, and take justifiable offence to being lumped in with the 'hi/fancy a fuck' crowd

Females and couples who got into swinging hoping to find guys they could rely on to help them find the sort of sexy and liberating experiences they're looking for, and instead end up finding a gushing sewage pipe, perhaps with an occasional diamond in it, but who want's to look for them when you're caught in a storm of turds?

Still, all guys have an equal right to swing, right? RIGHT?

And as a result of that belief - far fewer guys get to

over a year ago

Can i ask what is so difficult about finding the "delete all messages" and "block all men/women etc" settings? It really doesn't take long to find them. I think the issue here isn't the site not having the tools it's the users being too lazy to use them or actually enjoying the attention whilst moaning about it."

These options delete both wanted messages as well as unwanted ones, same for the block. I am proposing a small change where we are more likely to receive wanted messages if we so desire. Never mind, carry on as we are it sounds like!

over a year ago

I don't get any messages and its how I like it. There really is no point moaning about how many messages you get and that you cannot possibly reply to them all when you have complete control over this. I often think people like the very attention they moan about.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/09/16 11:32:38]

over a year ago

Nope I have my own rules and standards which I winter drop.

over a year ago

Can i ask what is so difficult about finding the "delete all messages" and "block all men/women etc" settings? It really doesn't take long to find them. I think the issue here isn't the site not having the tools it's the users being too lazy to use them or actually enjoying the attention whilst moaning about it.

These options delete both wanted messages as well as unwanted ones, same for the block. I am proposing a small change where we are more likely to receive wanted messages if we so desire. Never mind, carry on as we are it sounds like!"

And that's always been the mindset, and has been for years - the forums continue to be saturated with frustrated guys, less so dissatisfied women and couples though you get plenty of those too, not as many of guys of course, but then you don't have the same saturation.

This attitude has pretty much lead to the site becoming like a dirty clump of brown plasticine very few people actually enjoy playing with. Sure, you do get a certain vocal, cliquey minority who like things the way they are, they can go to the clubs (paying through the nose if they're male), chat to the same few people they always do, maybe have a bit of satisfactory sex...but for people who want to be able to log into the site knowing they have a good shot at finding people who excite them, and making contact, perhaps for a bit of fun and adventure, no, the current set up is woefully ineffective.

Still, why would the swinging world change, when there are plenty of guys willing to empty their pockets for so little in return?

over a year ago

She 'couldn't cope'? FFS does she not know how to delete spam?

Some women never cease to amaze me with their lack of common sense and inability to work out how to use filters...excluding of course the ones who love all the attention and post cringe-worthy '500 unread messages' statuses.

Either I've got my tight filters spot on or I'm a mardy bitch who nobody wants to message - whatever way I rarely get more than 30 a day

over a year ago

These options delete both wanted messages as well as unwanted ones, same for the block. I am proposing a small change where we are more likely to receive wanted messages if we so desire. Never mind, carry on as we are it sounds like!

And that's always been the mindset, and has been for years - the forums continue to be saturated with frustrated guys, less so dissatisfied women and couples though you get plenty of those too, not as many of guys of course, but then you don't have the same saturation.

This attitude has pretty much lead to the site becoming like a dirty clump of brown plasticine very few people actually enjoy playing with. Sure, you do get a certain vocal, cliquey minority who like things the way they are, they can go to the clubs (paying through the nose if they're male), chat to the same few people they always do, maybe have a bit of satisfactory sex...but for people who want to be able to log into the site knowing they have a good shot at finding people who excite them, and making contact, perhaps for a bit of fun and adventure, no, the current set up is woefully ineffective.

Still, why would the swinging world change, when there are plenty of guys willing to empty their pockets for so little in return?"

Don't understand the last bit, give that the site is free!!

Post new Message to Thread