Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How do you see vaping?

Jump to newest

By *inkyCouple1927 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Newcastle

Would you view a person that uses e-cigarettes as a smoker? We have non-smoker on our profile as we no longer smoke "real" cigarettes but we do vape. Times are changing, perhaps this should be a profile option?

We don't see it as "smoking", what's your thoughts?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I see vaping as a great way to quit smoking and it's worked for me. I am now slowly reducing the strength i vape and the frequency.

I'm a non-smoker now and that's what it says on my profile.

I do know others don't share my opinion and think vaping is just as bad as smoking. If they don't want to meet because i vape that's fine with me.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

A cigarette smoker - a smoker in my definition - is someone who burns cigarettes and inhales the fumes.

Someone who vapes is not a smoker. There is no burning.

By *edRidingWolfCouple
over a year ago

Lydney

I'm a vaper

I'm proud that I haven't touched a cigarette in 4 years

And my liquid is nicotine free too

I am a non smoker.

Red x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Why do they hold them so close like a comfort blanket though

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Why do they hold them so close like a comfort blanket though "

To me it is a bit of a security blanket - it's the only thing stopping me from lighting up.

I only quit 11 weeks ago though.

By *axandbooCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Vaping has both good and bad sides to it.

Due to the nicotine being more readily availible if someone relapses they actually smoke more due to the change over.

Do I count it as smoking....no its meant as a nicotine supplement to help quitting, same as a patch or gum.

My only concerns as someone who works in medicine is that its still "new" no one can Clearly say what the long term effects are going to be.

Before people jump on a soap box i would point out that smoking was recognized as an actual treatment in the 19th century.

By *edRidingWolfCouple
over a year ago

Lydney

The panic sets in when I can't find it!

over a year ago

Newcastle

Added it to the profile anyway so we don't get accused of not being up front

By *appytrailmanMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I vape also not had a cigarette in 2 years I wouldn't class my self as a smoker and haven't in my profile.

I also make my own e-juice so know exactly what mixtures are going into my lungs!

I also go abit off if I can't find it but that's because I spent a small fortune on it!

over a year ago

I don't smoke, I have met people that use the e cigarette, some smell really nice, to me they are a non smoker

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I have been a smoker in the dim and distant past so I understand what it feels like.

I think vaping isn't the same but I'd like to know on a profile.

By *appytrailmanMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"I have been a smoker in the dim and distant past so I understand what it feels like.

I think vaping isn't the same but I'd like to know on a profile."

I think to the people that vape the tobacco flavours it's similar

over a year ago

"Would you view a person that uses e-cigarettes as a smoker? We have non-smoker on our profile as we no longer smoke "real" cigarettes but we do vape. Times are changing, perhaps this should be a profile option?

We don't see it as "smoking", what's your thoughts?"

I see it as smoking still and some of those E-vaps produce so much smoke it's disgusting, especially when you are walking behind someone puffing away at it.

over a year ago

Smoking know people who claim theres notbing wrong witj h theirs but have ngicotine in them.

over a year ago

I view it in an similar way to someone who smokes so therefore I would want to know.

By *am-RaiderMan
over a year ago

Corby

Same addiction different device and somebody else's cash cow.

Enjoy your tasty servitude.

over a year ago

I tried it, didn't enjoy it. I'll just stick to my cigarettes

By *andomfodCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"Vaping has both good and bad sides to it.

Due to the nicotine being more readily availible if someone relapses they actually smoke more due to the change over.

Do I count it as smoking....no its meant as a nicotine supplement to help quitting, same as a patch or gum.

My only concerns as someone who works in medicine is that its still "new" no one can Clearly say what the long term effects are going to be.

Before people jump on a soap box i would point out that smoking was recognized as an actual treatment in the 19th century.

"

As a vaper of 2 years, I couldn't agree more. We don't know any long term effects yet. Of course you are still putting things into your body that shouldn't be there, but for me it is still the far lesser of two evils.

Back on topic though, it's not smoking. As said above, there is no smoke produced, as there is no combustion. Though maybe there should be an option for vaping on the profiles now as it's reply taken off.

B

over a year ago

This is a funny one actually, it's not as bad as smoking, but it's still pretty unpleasant.

Especially the amounts of steam some of them create. It's horrible when you pass some one vaping and your enveloped in their dirty cloud of addiction.

Also it says something about a persons character, I always wondered at smokers that even with all the freely available information about how bad smoking is for them, and how expensive it is that they thought wow this is a good idea sign me up.

Vaping is kinda methadone to cigarettes heroine.

over a year ago

"Would you view a person that uses e-cigarettes as a smoker? We have non-smoker on our profile as we no longer smoke "real" cigarettes but we do vape. Times are changing, perhaps this should be a profile option?

Yes it is "smoking"

over a year ago

Yes it is "smoking" "

No it isnt smoking, where is the smoke? Its vapour

over a year ago

"This is a funny one actually, it's not as bad as smoking, but it's still pretty unpleasant.

Especially the amounts of steam some of them create. It's horrible when you pass some one vaping and your enveloped in their dirty cloud of addiction.

Also it says something about a persons character, I always wondered at smokers that even with all the freely available information about how bad smoking is for them, and how expensive it is that they thought wow this is a good idea sign me up.

Vaping is kinda methadone to cigarettes heroine. "

Tbh iv just given up vaping,it was always in my hand and in my mouth i think they are far more addictive than fags

over a year ago

"This is a funny one actually, it's not as bad as smoking, but it's still pretty unpleasant.

Tbh iv just given up vaping,it was always in my hand and in my mouth i think they are far more addictive than fags"

People who say it's not as bad as smoking, how can something you are compelled to do be good. Plus it costs loads,

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/09/16 08:38:31]

over a year ago

Yes it is "smoking"

No it isnt smoking, where is the smoke? Its vapour"

It's the same bad habit in another guise.

over a year ago

Yes it is "smoking"

No it isnt smoking, where is the smoke? Its vapour

It's the same bad habit in another guise. "

Agreed,but there is no smoke involved,and iv just given up because it is a bad habit,and tbh it has to be bad for you after all we are designed to breath oxygen

over a year ago

It's still pretty dumb

over a year ago

I'm an ex smoker (9 years and counting) who gave up cold turkey so I view people who vape as slightly kidding themselves..

My brother carries his vape around with him everywhere and puffs on it all the time ..

I am aware that as there is no nicotine inhaled that it is better for you but isn't it just swapping one addiction for another

over a year ago

"I'm an ex smoker (9 years and counting) who gave up cold turkey so I view people who vape as slightly kidding themselves..

My brother carries his vape around with him everywhere and puffs on it all the time ..

I am aware that as there is no nicotine inhaled that it is better for you but isn't it just swapping one addiction for another "

Yes it is,but people dont realize they are more addictive than cigs

over a year ago

"Why do they hold them so close like a comfort blanket though

The panic sets in when I can't find it! "

Haha so true! Or when the battery is running out, or your juice supply is low!

I'm a vaper, getting on for 3 years cigarette free and i don't class it as smoking. But I do let people know prior to ever meeting.

over a year ago

it causes more damage than cigarettes, and stinks just the same.

over a year ago

"I'm an ex smoker (9 years and counting) who gave up cold turkey so I view people who vape as slightly kidding themselves..

I am aware that as there is no nicotine inhaled that it is better for you but isn't it just swapping one addiction for another

Yes it is,but people dont realize they are more addictive than cigs"

They are most definitely not more addictive than cigs when i smoked fags i couldnt go more than an hour or so without lighting up now i vape i can quite happily go out for 6hrs and forget my vape with no withdrawel problems i think people think they are because its more socially acceptable and as such people tend to puff on them more but definitely no more addictive any vaper/smoker will tell you the same

Mr

over a year ago

"it causes more damage than cigarettes, and stinks just the same."

More damaging? How so?

It has a tiny percentage of the 2500+ chemicals contained in cigarette smoke, non of which have any current links to cancer. It doesn't have to smell, mine doesn't.

I'm not convinced it's perfect, I've seen far to many kids using them for instance however as a way to get off the coffin nails, nothing compares, and I've tried them all.

I appreciate its not to everyone tastes. And you're entitled to your opinion. But at least back it up.

over a year ago

I am aware that as there is no nicotine inhaled that it is better for you but isn't it just swapping one addiction for another "

I have a friend like this.

The vape acts as an adult pacifier.

over a year ago

"it causes more damage than cigarettes, and stinks just the same.

More damaging? How so?

It has a tiny percentage of the 2500+ chemicals contained in cigarette smoke, non of which have any current links to cancer. It doesn't have to smell, mine doesn't.

I'm not convinced it's perfect, I've seen far to many kids using them for instance however as a way to get off the coffin nails, nothing compares, and I've tried them all.

I appreciate its not to everyone tastes. And you're entitled to your opinion. But at least back it up. "

Finally a sensible answer yes to take up vaping as a non smoker would be ridiculous af course they have some damaging effects on lung tissue but as a replacement to cigs they are the "safer option" they have little to no smell on the breath certainly nothing a stick of gum wouldnt stop and what makes me laugh the most is the chap above banging on about how crazy it is that even with current knowledge people put these poisons in there body and yet he is listed as a social drinker just stinks of hypocrisy

over a year ago

They are most definitely not more addictive than cigs when i smoked fags i couldnt go more than an hour or so without lighting up now i vape i can quite happily go out for 6hrs and forget my vape with no withdrawel problems i think people think they are because its more socially acceptable and as such people tend to puff on them more but definitely no more addictive any vaper/smoker will tell you the same

Mr "

If it's less addictive then stop

By *orwegian BlueMan
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Technically it's not smoking, however for a non smoker it's just as unpleasant to be around.. Puffing out huge clouds like the mallard at full speed isn't a great look.

Whinging aside,there are some which smell of shisha, which for some odd reason I do like..its that sweet smell, be quite happy drinking mint tea with that scent around.

The bigger concern is that these things are untested and it is only now that information is starting to emerge on the potential short term effects... Of course nobody knows what the long term effects will be.

When you see the bottles with the warning stickers over them, on what is still an uncontrolled market, I would be concerned what is actually in that liquid.

Being an ex smoker I know how hard it is to give up, even after 22 years I sometimes get a craving for a cigarette, and I agree that whatever nasties they do contain it cannot be as bad as smoking real tobacco.

over a year ago

Tbh iv just given up vaping,it was always in my hand and in my mouth i think they are far more addictive than fags

People who say it's not as bad as smoking, how can something you are compelled to do be good. Plus it costs loads, "

I'm sure that's not true, cigarettes cost approx £10 for 20 (may be wrong) and a thing of vape liquid cost £1 to £5 that can last a week I'm guessing , you do the maths. And to compare it to a controlled drug on prescription as you did (methadone) is obsered.

over a year ago

I thought "Turning Japanese" was a great song; actually their first (only?) album was pretty good. Whatever happened to The Vapors?

over a year ago

"Technically it's not smoking, however for a non smoker it's just as unpleasant to be around.. Puffing out huge clouds like the mallard at full speed isn't a great look.

Whinging aside,there are some which smell of shisha, which for some odd reason I do like..its that sweet smell, be quite happy drinking mint tea with that scent around.

The bigger concern is that these things are untested and it is only now that information is starting to emerge on the potential short term effects... Of course nobody knows what the long term effects will be.

When you see the bottles with the warning stickers over them, on what is still an uncontrolled market, I would be concerned what is actually in that liquid.

Being an ex smoker I know how hard it is to give up, even after 22 years I sometimes get a craving for a cigarette, and I agree that whatever nasties they do contain it cannot be as bad as smoking real tobacco.

"

The issue is, nicotine in itself when burned or vaped is not harmful. It's just not. There are no long or short term health implications from nicotine. However, when ingested orally, or injected, it is a powerful poison and can kill. Which is why they have warning labels.

over a year ago

Mr

If it's less addictive then stop"

Do you drink alcohol or coffee do you eat chocolate, sweets or cake on a regular basis do you use prescription or over the counter medication on a regular basis if the answer to any of these is yes your a hypocrite and have no right to tell anyone to stop

over a year ago

Mr

If it's less addictive then stop

Do you drink alcohol or coffee do you eat chocolate, sweets or cake on a regular basis do you use prescription or over the counter medication on a regular basis if the answer to any of these is yes your a hypocrite and have no right to tell anyone to stop"

I'm not telling you to do anything just making a point, and actually I don't do any of those things on a regular basis.

If by regular you mean every hour or so.

Oh I tell a lie, I do drink tea

over a year ago

People who say it's not as bad as smoking, how can something you are compelled to do be good. Plus it costs loads,

I'm sure that's not true, cigarettes cost approx £10 for 20 (may be wrong) and a thing of vape liquid cost £1 to £5 that can last a week I'm guessing , you do the maths. And to compare it to a controlled drug on prescription as you did (methadone) is obsered. "

Why is it, nicotine is actually more addictive than heroine. Methodone is prescribed as a heroine substitute. Vaping is a self prescribed substitute to smoking.

over a year ago

"I see vaping as a great way to quit smoking and it's worked for me. I am now slowly reducing the strength i vape and the frequency.

I'm a non-smoker now and that's what it says on my profile.

I do know others don't share my opinion and think vaping is just as bad as smoking. If they don't want to meet because i vape that's fine with me. "

I just don't understand why people would judge you for vaping. It's your choice and if they don't want to meet because of that, then they can simply piss off.

Agreed that some people have an issue with not wanting to meet smokers because of the lingering smell, but vaping doesn't leave any odours, or am I wrong?

Anyway, tired of people being fusspots

over a year ago

I am a non smoker, never have been and never intend to.

I recently heard a policeman friend refer to A vapeing machine as "an electric crack pipe". He also told me that driving with one in your hand could possibly be classed as either 'driving without due care', or, 'not being in full control of the vehicle'. Some vaping machines are bigger than a mobile, so trying to drive with it in your hand could be a danger to others.

Jim

over a year ago

I would class someone who vapes as a non-smoker, but I still wouldn't meet anyone who needs to puff away in my presence. Some of the liquid flavours smell nice, some exactly like fags - and I don't want to smell or taste that.

over a year ago

I'm sure that's not true, cigarettes cost approx £10 for 20 (may be wrong) and a thing of vape liquid cost £1 to £5 that can last a week I'm guessing , you do the maths. And to compare it to a controlled drug on prescription as you did (methadone) is obsered.

Why is it, nicotine is actually more addictive than heroine. Methodone is prescribed as a heroine substitute. Vaping is a self prescribed substitute to smoking. "

It's just that it's a bad analogy for comparison to e-cigs. Methadone is a highly controled drug nicotine isn't

over a year ago

Mr "

Ok ok "i" found them more addictive than fags...better?

over a year ago

Why is it, nicotine is actually more addictive than heroine. Methodone is prescribed as a heroine substitute. Vaping is a self prescribed substitute to smoking.

It's just that it's a bad analogy for comparison to e-cigs. Methadone is a highly controled drug nicotine isn't "

No it's an unflattering analogy, but the only difference is that methodone is prescription. Nicotine and heroine aren't.

over a year ago

I see vaping as annoying tbh. Some vapers seem to think as it's not a cigarette, it's fine to just exhale into people's faces. Where at least smokers generally turned away to exhale.

In terms of meeting people who vape, it's obviously far better than smoking.

over a year ago

It's just that it's a bad analogy for comparison to e-cigs. Methadone is a highly controled drug nicotine isn't

No it's an unflattering analogy, but the only difference is that methodone is prescription. Nicotine and heroine aren't.

"

And one is legal and ones illegal

over a year ago

And one is legal and ones illegal "

Withdrawal symptoms are also non comparable, another HUGE difference

over a year ago

And one is legal and ones illegal "

Your not quite getting how analogies work,

a comparison of two things based on their being alike in some way.

Methodone is a substitute for heroine

Vaping is a substitute for smoking.

thats all I am saying.

over a year ago

I consider vaping the same as smoking.

But I'd rather kiss a vaper than a smoker!

This subject makes me laugh - addicts will always try and justify their behavior!

over a year ago

thats all I am saying. "

Let's leave it there then hey , both addictive yes. Enjoy your day in the sunshine x

over a year ago

"I consider vaping the same as smoking.

But I'd rather kiss a vaper than a smoker!

This subject makes me laugh - addicts will always try and justify their behavior!"

I don't smoke or vape or take drugs, alcohol socially yes. If that was aimed at me that is

over a year ago

thats all I am saying.

Let's leave it there then hey , both addictive yes. Enjoy your day in the sunshine x"

I do love the sunshine xx

over a year ago

thats all I am saying.

Let's leave it there then hey , both addictive yes. Enjoy your day in the sunshine x

I do love the sunshine xx"

Is vitamin D addictive

over a year ago

Yes it is,but people dont realize they are more addictive than cigs"

Until they come to give them up, I'm guessing

over a year ago

thats all I am saying.

Is vitamin D addictive "

It may well be, I definitely get withdrawal symptoms in the winter

over a year ago

thats all I am saying.

Is vitamin D addictive

It may well be, I definitely get withdrawal symptoms in the winter "

SAD syndrome I think it's called

over a year ago

I'd class a vaper as a smoker. I meet smokers anyway though, so long as they don't smoke in front of me.

over a year ago

thats all I am saying.

Is vitamin D addictive

It may well be, I definitely get withdrawal symptoms in the winter

SAD syndrome I think it's called "

I'm certainly sad

over a year ago

I Vape now, mine doesn't give out large clouds, doesn't stink, I make menthol same as I smoked, I don't puff on it continually, I only use it outside the same as when I smoked, it's helped me quit fags, I reduced the amount I smoked gradually and then swapped and will continue to wean the niquitine dose down and than ditch this as well.

over a year ago

"I Vape now, mine doesn't give out large clouds, doesn't stink, I make menthol same as I smoked, I don't puff on it continually, I only use it outside the same as when I smoked, it's helped me quit fags, I reduced the amount I smoked gradually and then swapped and will continue to wean the niquitine dose down and than ditch this as well. "

Good luck, hope it works for you X

over a year ago

"I Vape now, mine doesn't give out large clouds, doesn't stink, I make menthol same as I smoked, I don't puff on it continually, I only use it outside the same as when I smoked, it's helped me quit fags, I reduced the amount I smoked gradually and then swapped and will continue to wean the niquitine dose down and than ditch this as well.

Good luck, hope it works for you X"

Thank you, getting d*unk will be the test!

over a year ago

As far as adding any status details I think it's fair to write "smoker" brackets 'vaper'. That makes it as clear as possible.

over a year ago

"As far as adding any status details I think it's fair to write "smoker" brackets 'vaper'. That makes it as clear as possible. "

No ta, I don't smoke.

By *andomfodCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"I see vaping as annoying tbh. Some vapers seem to think as it's not a cigarette, it's fine to just exhale into people's faces. Where at least smokers generally turned away to exhale.

In terms of meeting people who vape, it's obviously far better than smoking. "

In that instance, they are arseholes, pardon my language. People should be just as considerate whether it be , fags or vapor. Just like the vapers that insist on using them in places that don't allow smoking and make a big scene of "it's legal!"

No, anywhere you shouldn't smoke, you shouldn't vape.

over a year ago

"I see vaping as annoying tbh. Some vapers seem to think as it's not a cigarette, it's fine to just exhale into people's faces. Where at least smokers generally turned away to exhale.

In that instance, they are arseholes, pardon my language. People should be just as considerate whether it be , fags or vapor. Just like the vapers that insist on using them in places that don't allow smoking and make a big scene of "it's legal!"

No, anywhere you shouldn't smoke, you shouldn't vape. "

I agree that you shouldn't vape where you can't smoke but they are right, it is legal as, so far, they've found absolutely no risks from passive inhalation of e-cig vapour. It's just flavoured steam.

over a year ago

Mr

Ok ok "i" found them more addictive than fags...better?"

Probably because there's far less nicotine in them and you're taking more drags to get the same amount of nicotine as you would from a fag.

over a year ago

This is argument just gets regurgitated every six fucking weeks with one side declaring "I think you'll find it's legal tender" and the other just going on and fucking on about clouds of steam being obnoxious, well for crying out loud don't ever think of going to new York on holiday, you'll be hellishly disappointed..... Well I'm off to the shed for a large cigar and I'm taking my wine with me

over a year ago

I used to smoke alot but i gave it up and started using a vape is great plus i hang around with alot of smokers so it helps there as well

over a year ago

"I used to smoke alot but i gave it up and started using a vape is great plus i hang around with alot of smokers so it helps there as well "
I'm half way through a corona and a bottle of claret....I can just about see the door Still

over a year ago

"Same addiction different device and somebody else's cash cow.

"

Why do some people have this ridiculous idea that vaping is some sort of cash cow or screwing people out of money??? Last time I checked smoking wasnt free and the tobacco companies were actually taking far more money from people that vaping product producers

What a ridiculous idea...

over a year ago

Why do some people have this ridiculous idea that vaping is some sort of cash cow or screwing people out of money??? Last time I checked smoking wasnt free and the tobacco companies were actually taking far more money from people that vaping product producers

What a ridiculous idea... "

Thing is, it CAN be a cash cow.

I vape using unregulated "mech" mods. They're basically a metal tube with a switch that you put a high drain 18650 battery into. There's no electronic wizardry inside them and you MUST understand ohms law and battery safety to use one (or it'll take your hand off). An authentic item costs in excess of £200 and another £70 - £90 for the RDA (atomizer). Regulated devices that can fire multiple types of wire, safely at any wattage up to around 300w can be had for as little as £30!

over a year ago

Exactly this^^

I've been in an Indian restaurant where a large table were vaping away. I want to taste my curry not Caramel / Vanilla steam!!

over a year ago

A guy was vaping next to me in the cinema. Sounded like fucking Darth Vadar. If I'd wanted to listen to that I'd have gone to see Star Wars.

By *am-RaiderMan
over a year ago

Corby

What a ridiculous idea... "

Ridiculous? wakey wakey! The goverment take the biggest cut from cigarettes...then the tobacco companies.

Vaping us unregulated and untaxed...companies are queueing up to take your money under the guise of weaning you off. They sell vaping stuff like it's an iphone and attachments and they offer sweet attactively named jizzes to use in it.

Don't suppose you've considered the consequences this has in attracting children that might not have smoked. It's not only a gateway device but the manyfactures are actually seeking to milk and perpetuate addiction.

So...cash cow?

Fuck yeah!

over a year ago

A guy was vaping next to me in the cinema. Sounded like fucking Darth Vadar. If I'd wanted to listen to that I'd have gone to see Star Wars. "

He needs the costume to round off the effect!

over a year ago

i see it as a means to an end. i last smoked a cig 17 weeks ago. i used a vape which cost £30. the liquid was £3 for a weeks worth. i reduced the nicotine contnet til it was zero over the course of 3 weeks. 3 weeks after that i no longer felt the need to use the vape so stopped using it alltogether.

smoker for 30 years

vaper for 6 weeks

now a non smoker

for me it worked where eveything else failed.

over a year ago

"i see it as a means to an end. i last smoked a cig 17 weeks ago. i used a vape which cost £30. the liquid was £3 for a weeks worth. i reduced the nicotine contnet til it was zero over the course of 3 weeks. 3 weeks after that i no longer felt the need to use the vape so stopped using it alltogether.

smoker for 30 years

vaper for 6 weeks

now a non smoker

for me it worked where eveything else failed."

That's brilliant!

Good for you!

It was nearly the same story for me - I smoked for 25 years - switched to vaping last year for around a month

Now I'm a non smoker - it will be a year in November

over a year ago

"i see it as a means to an end. i last smoked a cig 17 weeks ago. i used a vape which cost £30. the liquid was £3 for a weeks worth. i reduced the nicotine contnet til it was zero over the course of 3 weeks. 3 weeks after that i no longer felt the need to use the vape so stopped using it alltogether.

smoker for 30 years

vaper for 6 weeks

now a non smoker

for me it worked where eveything else failed.

That's brilliant!

Good for you!

It was nearly the same story for me - I smoked for 25 years - switched to vaping last year for around a month

Now I'm a non smoker - it will be a year in November

"

over a year ago

I think it's comical watching people puffing away on these machines or whatever they call them. Might as well be sucking a dummy!!

over a year ago

Ridiculous? wakey wakey! The goverment take the biggest cut from cigarettes...then the tobacco companies.

Vaping us unregulated and untaxed...companies are queueing up to take your money under the guise of weaning you off. They sell vaping stuff like it's an iphone and attachments and they offer sweet attactively named jizzes to use in it.

Don't suppose you've considered the consequences this has in attracting children that might not have smoked. It's not only a gateway device but the manyfactures are actually seeking to milk and perpetuate addiction.

So...cash cow?

Fuck yeah! "

Vaping is taxed and is regulated. The regulation is actually quite strict since the EU bundled them with tobacco products and introduced the TPD regulations. A wonderful legislation sponsored by pharmaceutical and tobacco companies, neither of which want you to quit smoking.

over a year ago

Its a bit like a small child with a dummy, I find it amusing when I see someone looking around before they vape......

Bill

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/09/16 10:46:24]

By *am-RaiderMan
over a year ago

Corby

So...cash cow?

Fuck yeah!

Vaping is taxed and is regulated. The regulation is actually quite strict since the EU bundled them with tobacco products and introduced the TPD regulations. A wonderful legislation sponsored by pharmaceutical and tobacco companies, neither of which want you to quit smoking."

I stand corrected and agree

over a year ago

I've been vaping 3 years now. I would never class myself as a smoker.

I don't smell of smoke or taste like a ashtray if I kiss someone.

If someone doesn't want me vaping in there house then fair enough but I don't see why people wouldn't want to meet someone that vapes as it makes no difference to them.

over a year ago

So...cash cow?

Fuck yeah!

Vaping is taxed and is regulated. The regulation is actually quite strict since the EU bundled them with tobacco products and introduced the TPD regulations. A wonderful legislation sponsored by pharmaceutical and tobacco companies, neither of which want you to quit smoking.

I stand corrected and agree "

Interesting... Shows you that it might pay to do some research before bashing on and throwing incorrect statements across the thread!

All I know is I used to smoke and was pretty unfit, coughing a lot and such like. Since I switched to the vaping I'm noticeably fitter and not coughing nearly as much and the house doesn't stink of cigarettes!

I'm also better off money wise too despite being just another slave to the evil tyranny of the unregulated and untaxed vaping cash cow of doom!!

over a year ago

So...cash cow?

Fuck yeah!

Interesting... Shows you that it might pay to do some research before bashing on and throwing incorrect statements across the thread!

All I know is I used to smoke and was pretty unfit, coughing a lot and such like. Since I switched to the vaping I'm noticeably fitter and not coughing nearly as much and the house doesn't stink of cigarettes!

I'm also better off money wise too despite being just another slave to the evil tyranny of the unregulated and untaxed vaping cash cow of doom!! "

I also had a lot of smoking related problems. When I was 28 my childhood asthma came back with a vengeance and I ended up in the back of an ambulance a few times. Few years later I came down with pneumonia that was blamed on smoking. In the mornings I really struggled to get a good breath. The final straw was a ear infection where my ear drum was getting pushed back by all the catarrh made worse by smoking.

As I said 3 years I started using a ecig all my breathing problems are gone and I'm now fitter than I have been in years.

over a year ago

So...cash cow?

Fuck yeah!

I'm also better off money wise too despite being just another slave to the evil tyranny of the unregulated and untaxed vaping cash cow of doom!!

I also had a lot of smoking related problems. When I was 28 my childhood asthma came back with a vengeance and I ended up in the back of an ambulance a few times. Few years later I came down with pneumonia that was blamed on smoking. In the mornings I really struggled to get a good breath. The final straw was a ear infection where my ear drum was getting pushed back by all the catarrh made worse by smoking.

As I said 3 years I started using a ecig all my breathing problems are gone and I'm now fitter than I have been in years."

There's no doubt about it, vaping must be better for you than cigarettes! I will say that it would probably be better still not to smoke/Vape at all though.

I certainly can't argue with the difference in my fitness and breathing/coughing

over a year ago

So...cash cow?

Fuck yeah!

As I said 3 years I started using a ecig all my breathing problems are gone and I'm now fitter than I have been in years.

There's no doubt about it, vaping must be better for you than cigarettes! I will say that it would probably be better still not to smoke/Vape at all though.

I certainly can't argue with the difference in my fitness and breathing/coughing "

I agree, I stupidly started smoking when I was 14. Stopped a few times once for a year but everytime I got stresses I ended up smoking again. I've never tried to stop my ecig as I enjoy it but I really should at one point.

over a year ago

So...cash cow?

Fuck yeah!

I certainly can't argue with the difference in my fitness and breathing/coughing

I agree, I stupidly started smoking when I was 14. Stopped a few times once for a year but everytime I got stresses I ended up smoking again. I've never tried to stop my ecig as I enjoy it but I really should at one point."

I'm in the same boat, started because it was the cool thing to do lol I've also tried stopping completely in the past but never quite managed it either. I don't mind the e cig and think compared to cigarettes it's like night and day. With regards to the "it's just another addiction" comments, I think the fact that using lessening levels of nicotine with a view to completely removing it has been overlooked/ignored by some people on this thread.

over a year ago

"Smoking know people who claim theres notbing wrong witj h theirs but have ngicotine in them."

Potatoes, aubergines, tomatoes, cauliflower and many other vegetables contain nicotine. Does that mean all vegetarians are smokers too?

Nicotine isn't what defines a smoker, it's the act of combusting tobacco and inhaling the smoke. Vaping boils/vaporizes a liquid and you inhale the steam/vapour. Massive difference and recognized by all health authorities, the HSE, Public Health England, The Royal College of Physician's and loads of other institutions.

By *annooWoman
over a year ago

Hastings

I think there should now be an option to tick smoker or vapour

I am allergic to the chemicals in the ecigs and get very sick and it effects my breathing. I meet smokers and people who vape but cannot have them smoke or vape around me because it effects my health

I think its great for people trying to give up smoking. Though do not agree with them being allowed in enclosed areas there are more and more breathing issue and sufferers.

I think there should be options on paperwork and sites like this for grey areas and the modern world

By *am-RaiderMan
over a year ago

Corby

"Smoking know people who claim theres notbing wrong witj h theirs but have ngicotine in them.

Potatoes, aubergines, tomatoes, cauliflower and many other vegetables contain nicotine. Does that mean all vegetarians are smokers too?

Nicotine isn't what defines a smoker, it's the act of combusting tobacco and inhaling the smoke. Vaping boils/vaporizes a liquid and you inhale the steam/vapour. Massive difference and recognized by all health authorities, the HSE, Public Health England, The Royal College of Physician's and loads of other institutions."

Nonsense, nicotine is the addiction...it's one of the most addictive substances there is...and the actions associated with getting it obviously form part of the craving.

Good luck getting enough nicotine from veggies for a fix.

over a year ago

"Smoking know people who claim theres notbing wrong witj h theirs but have ngicotine in them.

Nicotine isn't what defines a smoker, it's the act of combusting tobacco and inhaling the smoke. Vaping boils/vaporizes a liquid and you inhale the steam/vapour. Massive difference and recognized by all health authorities, the HSE, Public Health England, The Royal College of Physician's and loads of other institutions.

Nonsense, nicotine is the addiction...it's one of the most addictive substances there is...and the actions associated with getting it obviously form part of the craving.

"

Yes, nicotine is the addiction but that doesn't make it smoking. It's an alternate delivery system without the 2000+ chemicals and over 500 additives, as far as we know its 95% safer than smoking.

over a year ago

"I think there should now be an option to tick smoker or vapour

I am allergic to the chemicals in the ecigs and get very sick and it effects my breathing. I meet smokers and people who vape but cannot have them smoke or vape around me because it effects my health

I think its great for people trying to give up smoking. Though do not agree with them being allowed in enclosed areas there are more and more breathing issue and sufferers.

I think there should be options on paperwork and sites like this for grey areas and the modern world"

There's 4 ingredients to e-liquid.

Propylene Glycol

Vegetable Glycerine

Nicotine (suspended in one of the above)

Flavourings (again, suspended in one of the above)

People are most often sensitive to propylene glycol which is commonly only used as 30% of the liquid and 100% vegetable glycerine liquids are widely available.

over a year ago

Yes, nicotine is the addiction but that doesn't make it smoking. It's an alternate delivery system without the 2000+ chemicals and over 500 additives, as far as we know its 95% safer than smoking."

Let him have his opinion, he's obviously just got a toothbrush up his arse about it for some reason...

over a year ago

Yes, nicotine is the addiction but that doesn't make it smoking. It's an alternate delivery system without the 2000+ chemicals and over 500 additives, as far as we know its 95% safer than smoking.

Let him have his opinion, he's obviously just got a toothbrush up his arse about it for some reason... "

An opinion is fine but you can't argue the facts.

over a year ago

Let him have his opinion, he's obviously just got a toothbrush up his arse about it for some reason...

An opinion is fine but you can't argue the facts."

I couldn't agree more

over a year ago

Yes, nicotine is the addiction but that doesn't make it smoking. It's an alternate delivery system without the 2000+ chemicals and over 500 additives, as far as we know its 95% safer than smoking."

So what's the addiction for those that vape fruit flavours? There's no nicotine in it, but it's constantly in their mouth, so has to be something.

I'm a smoker and have no interest to ever vape. I have used patches, gums etc but carried on smoking, because for me it was more the inhaling than the nicotine itself.

over a year ago

So what's the addiction for those that vape fruit flavours? There's no nicotine in it, but it's constantly in their mouth, so has to be something.

I'm a smoker and have no interest to ever vape. I have used patches, gums etc but carried on smoking, because for me it was more the inhaling than the nicotine itself. "

Do you know the difference between a habit and an addiction?

over a year ago

I'm a smoker and have no interest to ever vape. I have used patches, gums etc but carried on smoking, because for me it was more the inhaling than the nicotine itself.

Do you know the difference between a habit and an addiction?"

No, not at all. Lived 28 years and no idea.

Many have said and I've seen it happen, they get antsy when they can't find their vape or it runs out of charge, to me that's a bit more than a habit.

over a year ago

I'm a smoker and have no interest to ever vape. I have used patches, gums etc but carried on smoking, because for me it was more the inhaling than the nicotine itself. "

Most flavours have nicotine in them. I'm currently vaping on stage glazed strawberry doughnut with .3mg nicotine. Zero nicotine is usually for those people who enter cloud and trick competitions or on the final step of quitting smoking.

over a year ago

Most flavours have nicotine in them. I'm currently vaping on stage glazed strawberry doughnut with .3mg nicotine. Zero nicotine is usually for those people who enter cloud and trick competitions or on the final step of quitting smoking."

Think it's more the competition. I don't think these ones should be allowed in businesses, walking through clouds of "smoke" is awful.

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

I agree that you shouldn't vape where you can't smoke but they are right, it is legal as, so far, they've found absolutely no risks from passive inhalation of e-cig vapour. It's just flavoured steam."

It is not just flavoured steam at all. Steam is boiled water.

over a year ago

I agree that you shouldn't vape where you can't smoke but they are right, it is legal as, so far, they've found absolutely no risks from passive inhalation of e-cig vapour. It's just flavoured steam.

It is not just flavoured steam at all. Steam is boiled water. "

Well it's not smoke so what is it then?!

over a year ago

It is not just flavoured steam at all. Steam is boiled water. "

Well being as the liquids are mostly water (Vegetable Glycerine and Propyline Glycol) the vapour is mostly steam.

over a year ago

Most flavours have nicotine in them. I'm currently vaping on stage glazed strawberry doughnut with .3mg nicotine. Zero nicotine is usually for those people who enter cloud and trick competitions or on the final step of quitting smoking.

Think it's more the competition. I don't think these ones should be allowed in businesses, walking through clouds of "smoke" is awful. "

Businesses have the right to write their own policy on vaping, but most would be clueless as to the differences in each device. I know a lot of vapers who don't know the difference between a basic e-cig, a competition mech and everything in between.

By *andomfodCouple
over a year ago

walsall

I think a lot of it has to do with vapers are very predominantly ex-smokers. So to lump vaping back in with smoking is probably offensive for some. They took the step not to be seen as smokers anymore and feel they still get tarred with that brush.

As for companies, they can write whichever policies they want. I for one won't vape anywhere I wouldn't have smoked. I think of myself as considerate and wouldn't bother taking it on a meet.

B

over a year ago

I see it as smoking still and some of those E-vaps produce so much smoke it's disgusting, especially when you are walking behind someone puffing away at it."

I totally agree i would rather walk through a small cloud of smoke than a sickly bubblegum smog that covers half the county and im an ex smoker 12 years

over a year ago

"I think a lot of it has to do with vapers are very predominantly ex-smokers. So to lump vaping back in with smoking is probably offensive for some. They took the step not to be seen as smokers anymore and feel they still get tarred with that brush.

As for companies, they can write whichever policies they want. I for one won't vape anywhere I wouldn't have smoked. I think of myself as considerate and wouldn't bother taking it on a meet.

B"

The only things companies have do do is keep smokers and vapers separate (to protect vapers from secondhand hand smoke) and allow vaping if smoking is allowed on their site.

over a year ago

Vaping, is for quitters.

over a year ago

Newcastle

Some interesting points...

Lots of people on a soap box with no facts to back it up but such is the fab forum.

I think it's a common agreement though, that we should have "vaper" as a profile option?

over a year ago

"Some interesting points...

Lots of people on a soap box with no facts to back it up but such is the fab forum.

I think it's a common agreement though, that we should have "vaper" as a profile option?"

unless someone vapes in your presence then you will never know if they are a vaper or not, so adding vaper as a profile option and hoping folks will tick that box will most likely be a waste of the sites bandwidth/server space

over a year ago

Well it's not smoke so what is it then?!"

Clues in the name. It's vapour! Made from a mix of water and oils in the form of glycerine and glycol (which is used as a food safe antifreeze and again in itself is not harmful if ingested)

Vapour is a diffused substance below its critical temperature.

Steam is the gaseous form of a liquid (water)

Smoke is a suspension of mainly solids (carbons) within the air.

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

[Removed by poster at 16/09/16 13:21:49]

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Clues in the name. It's vapour! Made from a mix of water and oils in the form of glycerine and glycol (which is used as a food safe antifreeze and again in itself is not harmful if ingested)

"

So you agree, it isn't just steam

over a year ago

"

It's also worth noting that propylene glycol is also used in asthma inhalers and also proven to be beneficial to people suffering various lung disorders including pneumonia.

over a year ago

If someone blows it in your face then there just plain rude.

over a year ago

So you agree, it isn't just steam"

I never suggested it was. However it is mainly water vapour

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

I never suggested it was. However it is mainly water vapour"

Wouldn't it be mostly Propylene glycol vapour?

over a year ago

"

I think it's funny how I came on here for a bit of fun (let's be serious we all did) and I'm getting taught science!

What the fuck am I doing?? Lol

over a year ago

Wouldn't it be mostly Propylene glycol vapour?"

No. Propylene Glycol only makes up around 30% of most liquids the rest being Vegetable glycerine, both of which are 90% water. So it's mostly steam which is, staggeringly, water vapour.

over a year ago

How do i see it? Annoying as fuck!

over a year ago

"How do i see it? Annoying as fuck! "

No you're annoying!

over a year ago

"How do i see it? Annoying as fuck!

No you're annoying! "

To annoy Ava a bit more and for those who understand.

I've just wound some 24/24/32 fused NI80 wire. Dropped a dual 3mm 5-wrap build in an RDA, which ohms out at 0.08. Wicked it with Fibre Freak cotton and stuck it on a mech with a VTC4 battery.

over a year ago

id see them as a quitter,,,,,,,,no one likes a quitter

over a year ago

"How do i see it? Annoying as fuck!

No you're annoying!

To annoy Ava a bit more and for those who understand.

I've just wound some 24/24/32 fused NI80 wire. Dropped a dual 3mm 5-wrap build in an RDA, which ohms out at 0.08. Wicked it with Fibre Freak cotton and stuck it on a mech with a VTC4 battery."

Stick that in yer pipe and Vape it! Ya bunch of miserable folk!

Everyone whines about folk smoking, then they do something to try and stop and everyone whines about that! Can't bloody win!

over a year ago

I'm often seen with a fag between my lips

over a year ago

Oh just smoke your vapey things and shut the fuck up

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

No. Propylene Glycol only makes up around 30% of most liquids the rest being Vegetable glycerine, both of which are 90% water. So it's mostly steam which is, staggeringly, water vapour."

But isnt vegetable glycerin made from vegetable oil, not water?

over a year ago

No. Propylene Glycol only makes up around 30% of most liquids the rest being Vegetable glycerine, both of which are 90% water. So it's mostly steam which is, staggeringly, water vapour.

But isnt vegetable glycerin made from vegetable oil, not water?"

Not really, no. It's a triglyceride extracted from plants and then treated with ethanol. It's mostly water though, like pretty much any liquid known to science.

Post new Message to Thread