Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

long hair on me!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

OK I know there will of been a mens long hair appreciation post at some point but I want to know if I should grow my hair.

Currently at 2 months without a cut and the top is fairly long (over my eyes when brushed forward) but I'm at that what to do with it stage. Anyway is it worth the pain of me pushing through and growing it, my hair is naturally very dark brown and has waves and kinks to it with length.

So what's your preference in general and for me?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I've had all lengths of hair over the years including a slightly dodgy Mohawk

Just do what feels right for you fella, although shaved saves on combs & shampoo

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"OK I know there will of been a mens long hair appreciation post at some point but I want to know if I should grow my hair.

Currently at 2 months without a cut and the top is fairly long (over my eyes when brushed forward) but I'm at that what to do with it stage. Anyway is it worth the pain of me pushing through and growing it, my hair is naturally very dark brown and has waves and kinks to it with length.

"

Well I will always vote for long wavy dark hair on a man, especially if it's with a bit of shape just over the collar like Robert Downy Jnr sometimes wears it, ooooft!!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You should grow your hair if you want to. Do it for you and not anybody else. I have long hair because I like it.

If you do grow it out and it doesn't suit or you don't think it suits then you can always just cut it off.

A side point but we haven't had a long hair appreciation thread for ages.

over a year ago

As long as it's looked after well like the boys above then it rocks. If you grow it and ignore it it sucks. xxx

over a year ago

Grow it but understanding the risks involved.... women's knickers will fall off all around you

over a year ago

I've grown mine again recently. Just be prepared for your hair looking shit for the next few months while it's in the in between stage

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

love long hair on a man most of my LTR's have been with men with long hair..grow it while you still have some and enjoy it, you can always cut it if you want to later on x look after it and don't always stick it up in a ponytail, always think that is such a waste xx

over a year ago

"Grow it but understanding the risks involved.... women's knickers will fall off all around you "

I'm not sure that's true.

over a year ago

"You should grow your hair if you want to. Do it for you and not anybody else. I have long hair because I like it.

If you do grow it out and it doesn't suit or you don't think it suits then you can always just cut it off.

A side point but we haven't had a long hair appreciation thread for ages. "

I will be definitely doing it for myself just would like opinions, I had long hair in my teens but its been ages.

over a year ago

Short and sharp haircuts do it for me, with a bit of length on top either styled or tousled.

I like your hair on your profile pic OP

over a year ago

"Grow it but understanding the risks involved.... women's knickers will fall off all around you

I'm not sure that's true."

over a year ago

"Grow it but understanding the risks involved.... women's knickers will fall off all around you "

What makes you think that doesn't already happen

over a year ago

"You should grow your hair if you want to. Do it for you and not anybody else. I have long hair because I like it.

A side point but we haven't had a long hair appreciation thread for ages.

I will be definitely doing it for myself just would like opinions, I had long hair in my teens but its been ages.

"

That's good.

Then I'd say, try it out if you want to. You can always just cut it off if you don't like it.

over a year ago

Ooh I just love that retro look with it greased back and shaved on the side and a top knot!! Anyone with a top knot? Own up and I swear I won't chop it off!

over a year ago

"Grow it but understanding the risks involved.... women's knickers will fall off all around you

What makes you think that doesn't already happen "

Haha nothing actually..... nothing

over a year ago

I'm not sure that's true.

"

over a year ago

Haha nothing actually..... nothing "

I'm was joking but thanks

Think the plan is I'll go to the hairdressers tomorrow have a little tidy up (split ends and neck line) then persevere for a few more months if anything it'll be cold soon and can help keep me warm!

over a year ago

Grow it, grow it!

I always think close cropped hair is such a waste on a guy, so many guys have no say in when their hair waltzes off and yet those who have it don't celebrate and cherish it while it's there!

I think it also gives a good glimpse into your personality exactly the same way as a woman's hairstyle does, there is so much potential!!

over a year ago

"Grow it, grow it!

I always think close cropped hair is such a waste on a guy, so many guys have no say in when their hair waltzes off and yet those who have it don't celebrate and cherish it while it's there!

I think it also gives a good glimpse into your personality exactly the same way as a woman's hairstyle does, there is so much potential!! "

This is kind of my thought, I'm a rocker at heart and my 30s are my last chance until the eventual thinning happens.

over a year ago

Grow it and show us a pic in a few months. I think long hair on a man can look really sexy but perhaps takes quite a bit of confidence. I also think guys with long hair look a little mysterious. Chris Hemsworth & Kit Harington rock longer hair

over a year ago

It looks quite thick so I would grow it and keep some height in it x

over a year ago

"Grow it and show us a pic in a few months. I think long hair on a man can look really sexy but perhaps takes quite a bit of confidence. I also think guys with long hair look a little mysterious. Chris Hemsworth & Kit Harington rock longer hair "

I will do an update pic but hair grows half an inch a month apparently so it won't show much.I won't look like Kit but my hair would likely resemble that or the poldark guy with my natural waves and colour but we will see. PH if only I could look like Thor!

over a year ago

Haha nothing actually..... nothing

I'm was joking but thanks

Think the plan is I'll go to the hairdressers tomorrow have a little tidy up (split ends and neck line) then persevere for a few more months if anything it'll be cold soon and can help keep me warm!"

It's ok, i got it

over a year ago

It is a good thing and a bad thing. Good as it can be used as a game. It looks great and if looked after looks even better. Same with the beard!!

The bad is I have had ladies demanding me to cut it off. Ladies pulling my hair to see if it's a wig or not. Ladies asking me why my hair is in better condition than theirs.

When I ask how they wash it and dry it and style it with products. That say all of it. I wash it and that's it.

I've had men come up from behind and grab my arse thinking I'm a lady!!

I must admit the look of sheer terror when I turn around is funny. But they are not just grabbing my arse if you know what I mean!!

Lads come on!! It's never a good way to start a conversation.

But you have to accept that 75% of the women on here will not like you? Unless you are mr hemsworth.

So don't think it. Just do it. As my other long haired friend said. You can always chop it off.

By *ellbound_GhoulwarpWoman
over a year ago

Fifth Circle of Hell

Grow it! Lads always look great with long hair, and i now have an appreciation for the man bun lol

over a year ago

Grow it long while you can, before the curse of thinning hair hits you. I have been stricken early and hade to cut my hair short to help hide the thin patches

over a year ago

"It is a good thing and a bad thing. Good as it can be used as a game. It looks great and if looked after looks even better. Same with the beard!!

The bad is I have had ladies demanding me to cut it off. Ladies pulling my hair to see if it's a wig or not. Ladies asking me why my hair is in better condition than theirs.

When I ask how they wash it and dry it and style it with products. That say all of it. I wash it and that's it.

I've had men come up from behind and grab my arse thinking I'm a lady!!

I must admit the look of sheer terror when I turn around is funny. But they are not just grabbing my arse if you know what I mean!!

Lads come on!! It's never a good way to start a conversation.

But you have to accept that 75% of the women on here will not like you? Unless you are mr hemsworth.

So don't think it. Just do it. As my other long haired friend said. You can always chop it off. "

Well that'll be an upgrade from the 99% that currently have no interest

over a year ago

"Grow it and show us a pic in a few months. I think long hair on a man can look really sexy but perhaps takes quite a bit of confidence. I also think guys with long hair look a little mysterious. Chris Hemsworth & Kit Harington rock longer hair

I will do an update pic but hair grows half an inch a month apparently so it won't show much.I won't look like Kit but my hair would likely resemble that or the poldark guy with my natural waves and colour but we will see. PH if only I could look like Thor!"

There are products that can speed up the growth. God another hottie.. Aidan Turner.. Yummy

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

You ladies who love long hair have such good taste....

over a year ago

"Grow it and show us a pic in a few months. I think long hair on a man can look really sexy but perhaps takes quite a bit of confidence. I also think guys with long hair look a little mysterious. Chris Hemsworth & Kit Harington rock longer hair

I will do an update pic but hair grows half an inch a month apparently so it won't show much.I won't look like Kit but my hair would likely resemble that or the poldark guy with my natural waves and colour but we will see. PH if only I could look like Thor!

There are products that can speed up the growth. God another hottie.. Aidan Turner.. Yummy "

What are these supplements? I take the one a day hair, skin and nail vitamins plus multi vits , omega 3 etc

I've read a good diet and regular exercise can improve hair growth. Any others?

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS
over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

grow it and then cut it if u dont like it .

over a year ago

I don't like men with long hair , especially bloody man buns

over a year ago

"I don't like men with long hair , especially bloody man buns "

Yeah... well... I don't like women with... erm... really good bodies. yeah, I got nothing in response to that.

over a year ago

"I don't like men with long hair , especially bloody man buns

Yeah... well... I don't like women with... erm... really good bodies. yeah, I got nothing in response to that. "

Ha ha

over a year ago

Oh god no, cut. Long feminine hair is always such a turn off.

over a year ago

"Oh god no, cut. Long feminine hair is always such a turn off. "

So is blue hair.

(It's really not, your hair is awesome)

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"I've grown mine again recently. Just be prepared for your hair looking shit for the next few months while it's in the in between stage "

Has it grown anymore, since last time you showed me?

over a year ago

"Oh god no, cut. Long feminine hair is always such a turn off. "

Yeah cause I look so damm feminine. lol

But this would so boring if we all looked the same.

over a year ago

"Oh god no, cut. Long feminine hair is always such a turn off.

But this would so boring if we all looked the same. "

I sadly do look quite feminine. Meh, I'm cool with it. *flips hair*

over a year ago

I much prefer mine now it's longer on top, I tried growing the sides out but I buckled and cut them short again!

Like someone else said though be prepared for months of it looking shit

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

No, we haven't had a long haired appreciation thread for ages. Unless I've lost my touch, I can usually sense them.

OP - If you fancy a change, grow it for a bit. Can always cut it off, if you decide it's not for you.

By *ucyfur77Woman
over a year ago

Pleasuretown

"OK I know there will of been a mens long hair appreciation post at some point but I want to know if I should grow my hair.

"

If there was, I missed it. I would have been there like a shot!

If its what you want, go for it. Its just that in-between stage.

And conditioner

over a year ago

"I much prefer mine now it's longer on top, I tried growing the sides out but I buckled and cut them short again!

Like someone else said though be prepared for months of it looking shit "

Yeah that's the stage I'm starting to hit, growing out the sides is a pain, was considering the undercut until I get some real long length to keep it tidy.

over a year ago

If there was, I missed it. I would have been there like a shot!

If its what you want, go for it. Its just that in-between stage.

And conditioner "

Yeah I'm only washing it twice a week but conditioning every day on advice off my hairdresser friend.

over a year ago

"Oh god no, cut. Long feminine hair is always such a turn off.

But this would so boring if we all looked the same.

I sadly do look quite feminine. Meh, I'm cool with it. *flips hair*"

Lol

Hatter you look like my old bassist. You didn't live in the black Country did you?

By *anklerMan
over a year ago

Suffolk

Wonder what I'd look like with long hair.

Been shaving my head for the last 20 years.

Not sure I could grow it back now

over a year ago

This time last year I had a Grade 1 clipper cut. Been growing it since. Only had the split ends trimmed and about 5 inches lopped of the bottom.

I'm actually enjoying being able to have a top knot

over a year ago

Your face looks like it would suit a longer length. I'd say go for it

over a year ago

"Your face looks like it would suit a longer length. I'd say go for it "

Thanks pretty much settled I'm going for it.

over a year ago

"Your face looks like it would suit a longer length. I'd say go for it

Thanks pretty much settled I'm going for it. "

Haha good man!

By *obwithkiltMan
over a year ago

Belton

I had long hair. ..once..not too girly or mullety....would regularly have it in french plaits for work...worked in a record shop ..I once had to show a hells angel how to do it and next time I saw him he had his the same! Go for it. ..get a good detangler product though!

over a year ago

I wish!! i have long hair and that's never happened for me!!

over a year ago

"I had long hair. ..once..not too girly or mullety....would regularly have it in french plaits for work...worked in a record shop ..I once had to show a hells angel how to do it and next time I saw him he had his the same! Go for it. ..get a good detangler product though! "

Otherwise known as a comb

over a year ago

It doesn't really do it for me, but that's because I like to be the one with the best hair when I meet someone

over a year ago

"

Short

over a year ago

"

I like your hair in the pic I see...its up to you at the end of the day.

over a year ago

"It doesn't really do it for me, but that's because I like to be the one with the best hair when I meet someone "

That's been a common issue for me.

over a year ago

"It doesn't really do it for me, but that's because I like to be the one with the best hair when I meet someone "

Well my hair is fabulous!! Lol

And I have had women that got really pissy when my hair was in better condition.

But to be fair I don't think even my hair could match yours. It does look great.

over a year ago

I wish!! i have long hair and that's never happened for me!!"

to be fair it has to me. But I was in a band as the singer and guitarist. I had women come up to me and start talking. That was yrs ago though.

over a year ago

I'd say go for it OP, you've already started at 2 months down the line. The messy stage is awful though, I got through it by having an array of diamanté hairbands, you could try that I guess

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

I hate long hair on men,I prefer short any day of the week

Post new Message to Thread