Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

blood tests..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

how many of you dread having blood taken, for whatever reason?

I do, as I have very deep veins, so it either takes ages to find one in either arm that will give enough blood or if they can't, they have to resort to the back of my hand...

I usually leave the surgery with bits of cotton wool and tape all over my arms...

also as it's hereditary, my son is the same...im sure he will be cursing me in the future, as I'm cursing my mum now

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

No, i have to have full bloods every three months and have for most of my life so not been something that ever bothers me

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

It doesn't bother me but it bothered a little old woman a while back.

The woman was behind me in the queue but two blood sucking people called both of us in, I let her go first as you do. I got mine done but they seemed to be struggling to find her vein and just as I was getting up to go blood started spurting out of her arm , she fainted, the blood sucking lady panicked and all hell broke loose. All I could think of was I was glad I let her go first

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes me! They struggle to find a vein & when they do it collapses! 3 attempts to have bloods done this week. The threat of going in back of hand normally works! I was told to keep warm, drink plenty of water beforehand & in waiting room drop arms by my side & let them tingle like pins & needles & that should make it a little easier X

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

Be brave...I'll hold your other hand xx

over a year ago

I've got used to it now, have mine taken once a month for work, once a week for 6 weeks while I was off sick.

I could almost do it myself now.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It's no fun I tell you..

I used to give blood but gave up as the sessions got longer and longer... eventually they said you should come in when we first open and see how that goes... it took 4 hours

over a year ago

I've had loads and will continue to do so....

By *horltzMan
over a year ago

heysham

"how many of you dread having blood taken, for whatever reason?

I do, as I have very deep veins, so it either takes ages to find one in either arm that will give enough blood or if they can't, they have to resort to the back of my hand...

I usually leave the surgery with bits of cotton wool and tape all over my arms...

also as it's hereditary, my son is the same...im sure he will be cursing me in the future, as I'm cursing my mum now "

I feel your pain , I have deep veins and hate having needles stuck in me especially the big ones they use for a blood test

over a year ago

I've just had some blood tests to rule out me and rule in fibro. I just close my eyes n turn away. We have 2 blood nurses at our surgery one is very good and you don't even feel it let alone bruise. Thankfully it was her I saw on Wednesday. xxx

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I had a pulmonary embolism 10 yrs ago and am on Warfarin for life so have to have an INR test on a regular basis. During my many tests after a 12 night stop in the DRI, they also discovered that ma bone marrow was making too many red blood cells, so I have to have a venesection occasionally (I call it a vampire session)

Incidentally a pint of blood weighs 1 lb

over a year ago

Never used to bother me and I also used to donate blood regularly too. However since taking medication to quit smoking back in 2004 I've been left with a few phobias and also now faint at the sight of blood. I also start to feel woozy at the thought of it, and it's happening now, so I'm going to leave this comment here and not return to the thread

By *edRidingWolfCouple
over a year ago

Lydney

I'm diabetic

Nuff said???

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple
over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

I am a real life vampire...... blood tests don't bother me at all....

It's only a little scratch

Suzi xxxxxx

Post new Message to Thread