Jump to newest

By *rtemisia OP   Woman
over a year ago

Norwich

Anyone ever had a spooky encounter?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

l did when l was young but l just put it down to hallucinations.

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

Too many to count, my gran is a medium and she says I'm a conduit for attracting spirits

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/09/16 07:29:37]

over a year ago

Had a few spooky unexplained encounters in my flat but not for a while. used to work in a big hospital that place was pretty creepy late at night

over a year ago

When I was younger, but it's not 100% it was a ghost.

over a year ago

I'm not a medium, I'm a large and I've never seen nowt

over a year ago

Ya I have had quite a few actually where I live in ireland theres a old abbey and is haunted and when i was youunger we used go there too drink and had a scary experwnce one night never being back since

over a year ago

"Ya I have had quite a few actually where I live in ireland theres a old abbey and is haunted and when i was youunger we used go there too drink and had a scary experwnce one night never being back since"

You sure that wasn't the drink?

over a year ago

Had a few experiences but people think you're bonkers when you tell em.

By *i amy cdTV/TS
over a year ago

leicester

Yes I definitely seen one when I was young,,, I even have the ghost I seen tattooed on me

over a year ago

"Ya I have had quite a few actually where I live in ireland theres a old abbey and is haunted and when i was youunger we used go there too drink and had a scary experwnce one night never being back since

You sure that wasn't the drink? "

haha I knew that was coming but no it actually wasn't

over a year ago

Several but, to avoid the inevitable "scientists" disdain, I will refrain from going into detail.

over a year ago

"Several but, to avoid the inevitable "scientists" disdain, I will refrain from going into detail."

i come from a scientific background but seen and experienced things i cant explain

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I had a machine that was haunted, so I called the police and they managed to sort the problem out

Ghost In The Machine - The Police

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQwuFOWoRd4

over a year ago

Heard my mum taking to someone upstairs and shat myself when I knew it was only us both in the house...turned out it was my daughter's cardboard cut out of Zane from One Direction x

By *ed wineMan
over a year ago

Where the streets have no name

"Several but, to avoid the inevitable "scientists" disdain, I will refrain from going into detail.

i come from a scientific background but seen and experienced things i cant explain"

I agree. There are thousands of facts empirically demonstrated, but not their causes. I had some in the past.

over a year ago

When i livied at home and a couple of weeks after my mum passed we had something evil in our house.

One night my brother woke up with what felt like something sitting on his chest with its hands round his throat, he couldnt move and didnt want to open his eyes he could smell soil and he just nee whatever it was it had something wrong with its face, it was like it for ages before the pressure from his chest went and the thing was gone. My dad is a complete sceptic he just thought my brother had a nightmare till about a week later when the exact same thing happened to him. For weeks it always felt like something was watching you in that house.

By *eLorean_GreyMan
over a year ago

crewe

Been on a few ghost hunts, not seen an actual ghost, but experienced a few strange happenings lol

By *am-RaiderMan
over a year ago

Corby

No...its like the conspiracy theory thing. .choose a complicated unlikely explanation o er something plain and simple.

over a year ago

No.

Others have seen things around me.

I tell them it's a large floater.

over a year ago

Don't believe in ghosts, but, having said that, some years ago driving down the A420 between frilford and Kingston Bagpuize, I slammed on my breakers when a chap walked out across the road, when I got out he had vanished, assume it was just shadows....

By *rtemisia OP   Woman
over a year ago

Norwich

"l did when l was young but l just put it down to hallucinations."

Pink elephants??

By *rtemisia OP   Woman
over a year ago

Norwich

"Ya I have had quite a few actually where I live in ireland theres a old abbey and is haunted and when i was youunger we used go there too drink and had a scary experwnce one night never being back since"

Do tell!

over a year ago

Seen quite a few things and yes I do belive in ghosts. Not sure if I saw a spirit last nite walking thro my flat. Tbh I just shrug it off. I'm more scared of the living then the dead. Xxx

over a year ago

I had a ghost knock on my door once.

I said 'who's there?'

He said 'Boo'

I said 'Boo who?'

He said 'Just Boo, I'm a ghost'

over a year ago

"Several but, to avoid the inevitable "scientists" disdain, I will refrain from going into detail.

i come from a scientific background but seen and experienced things i cant explain

I agree. There are thousands of facts empirically demonstrated, but not their causes. I had some in the past."

In science it's far harder to prove something doesn't exist than to prove it does.

No evidence of Ghosts is not evidence of no Ghosts. It is however, probability.

By *orwegian BlueMan
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

The brain is a complex thing and when it doesn't work correctly, well, strange shit seems to happen..

People with schizophrenia will see things that seem perfectly real, a friend suffers this and sees demons that live in his cupboard and talk to him.. Usually his meds deal with this..

So it isn't a far claim to imagine sane people could see "ghosts" especially when put in a situation where you are stressed or fearful.

By *erdita Von TeaseWoman
over a year ago

nottingham

Yes once

over a year ago

"The brain is a complex thing and when it doesn't work correctly, well, strange shit seems to happen..

People with schizophrenia will see things that seem perfectly real, a friend suffers this and sees demons that live in his cupboard and talk to him.. Usually his meds deal with this..

So it isn't a far claim to imagine sane people could see "ghosts" especially when put in a situation where you are stressed or fearful."

Yes but physics is also a complex beast too. The truth is that we don't know where the universe came from, we don't understand all of the space around us and until we do, there is a possibility that things exist in said space. What they are, your guess is as good as mine.

By *lutandhubbyCouple
over a year ago

west midlands

we ran a pub a few years ago, used to have gallows at the back as it used to be a courthouse. (been on most haunted). saw lots of strange happenings there!.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Our minds have enormous power. Before looking for anything supernatural, I'd assume that our minds have the most incredible abilities and that they provide a fully natural explanation for the illusions and ambiguity around us.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Our minds have enormous power. Before looking for anything supernatural, I'd assume that our minds have the most incredible abilities and that they provide a fully natural explanation for the illusions and ambiguity around us."

I second this opinion xxx

over a year ago

"When i livied at home and a couple of weeks after my mum passed we had something evil in our house.

One night my brother woke up with what felt like something sitting on his chest with its hands round his throat, he couldnt move and didnt want to open his eyes he could smell soil and he just nee whatever it was it had something wrong with its face, it was like it for ages before the pressure from his chest went and the thing was gone. My dad is a complete sceptic he just thought my brother had a nightmare till about a week later when the exact same thing happened to him. For weeks it always felt like something was watching you in that house. "

Sleep paralysis.

over a year ago

I tried not to comment, but I just couldn't help myself.

I'm a strong believer of 'there is no such thing as ghosts'. Same as the 'psychics/mediums' who get paid to cold read you, and lie to you about your passed away relatives. Utterly disgraceful. But that's my opinion.

over a year ago

I used to get this a lot, it's utterly terrifying until you get used to it but now it's simply annoying when it happens.

Opposite of sleep walking.

over a year ago

Yup, seen and experienced a few unexplainable things. Among them, a ghost cat at a friend's house, an angry spirit in an old cottage, and the house I live in has paranormal activity.

over a year ago

"When i livied at home and a couple of weeks after my mum passed we had something evil in our house.

One night my brother woke up with what felt like something sitting on his chest with its hands round his throat, he couldnt move and didnt want to open his eyes he could smell soil and he just nee whatever it was it had something wrong with its face, it was like it for ages before the pressure from his chest went and the thing was gone. My dad is a complete sceptic he just thought my brother had a nightmare till about a week later when the exact same thing happened to him. For weeks it always felt like something was watching you in that house.

Sleep paralysis. "

Thats exactly what i thought to start with but a few other things happened that nobody could explain

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

I've been alone at home and suddenly become chilled and had an extreme feeling of sadness...in fact quite upsetting. The same evening someone I know has passed away. Happened twice now.

over a year ago

Had a few but one sticks out more, had the baby monitor on and at 2am my 4yr old was having a full blown convo with someone in her room. I asked her who she was talking to and she said it was her grandma (passed away a few years before) who she had never seen before, i mixed up a few family photos and put one of her grandma in there and she pointed it out and said thats her! Scared the crap outta me lol

over a year ago

"Had a few but one sticks out more, had the baby monitor on and at 2am my 4yr old was having a full blown convo with someone in her room. I asked her who she was talking to and she said it was her grandma (passed away a few years before) who she had never seen before, i mixed up a few family photos and put one of her grandma in there and she pointed it out and said thats her! Scared the crap outta me lol"

I think that is amazing.

over a year ago

"Had a few but one sticks out more, had the baby monitor on and at 2am my 4yr old was having a full blown convo with someone in her room. I asked her who she was talking to and she said it was her grandma (passed away a few years before) who she had never seen before, i mixed up a few family photos and put one of her grandma in there and she pointed it out and said thats her! Scared the crap outta me lol

I think that is amazing. "

Didnt believe in any of it before that but theres certainly no explanation for this. Happened a few times and stopped when she was about 9yr old

By *albec26Man
over a year ago

Great Yarmouth

Part of out house is over 300 years old and we have both seen a young girl wth long black hair in the kitchen and on the stairs...none of our children have black hair..you can also here what sounds like jumping off beds, and running up and down stairs when our brood are at school! Kat

over a year ago

Had a couple one was quite bad

By *albec26Man
over a year ago

Great Yarmouth

Whoops our house not the out house... We do have an inside bathroom!

over a year ago

"Whoops our house not the out house... We do have an inside bathroom! "

I have woken up paralysed and see hallucinations. Only had it 3 times due to stress and sometimes as a child.

It was scary. I remember seeing a ghostly figure walk in and around to my bedside. It was always a scary old guy. Wish it was a beautiful woman ghost. Thats another dream.

over a year ago

Hush, they're listening

over a year ago

Sleep paralysis. "

Had this happen to me too a few years back. Sleep paralysis. I remember being awake and wanting to scream, but no voice was coming out. Weird as fuck

over a year ago

Should probably just rename this thread

Bad trips on strong drugs lol

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

No

By *ubicinchMan
over a year ago

Gwynedd

Sleep paralysis. "

Agree, I suffer with them and they aren't nice. Can be triggered usually by eating late. smething to do with the metabolism when asleep. The 'terror' incident occurs during late REM dream sleep phase. I dont feel pinned down, but do have something unspeakably evil around me which I am unable to see. The presence or manifestation sort of bears down on me in some way I find hard to describe. Then I wake up

By *albec26Man
over a year ago

Great Yarmouth

Clearly the naming is apt, they sound truly terrifying. But by definition different to spectral encounters?? Kat x

over a year ago

Sleep paralysis. Agree, I suffer with them and they aren't nice. Can be triggered usually by eating late. smething to do with the metabolism when asleep. The 'terror' incident occurs during late REM dream sleep phase. I dont feel pinned down, but do have something unspeakably evil around me which I am unable to see. The presence or manifestation sort of bears down on me in some way I find hard to describe. Then I wake up "

I see it's common in this thread. I forgot the name of it but that is what I have too.

Or genuinely ghosts

over a year ago

"Anyone ever had a spooky encounter?"

Yes but nothing to do with ghosts.

We've lived in some very old properties that were supposedly haunted and seen or heard nothing weirder than a bat getting stuck in the living room.

over a year ago

For me sleep paralysis is like being underwater and it's like as you get to the surface the pressure eases off

over a year ago

"we ran a pub a few years ago, used to have gallows at the back as it used to be a courthouse. (been on most haunted). saw lots of strange happenings there!."

which pub was that if you dont mind me asking

re the op i have had a couple of encounters

By *owboy BebopMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Where I live has been occupied in some form or other since Roman times. I have seen a lady with dark hair wearing a sack cloth robe several times, have never felt threatend by her though.

By *andsonjohnMan
over a year ago

in the eye of the storm

Here's the thing seeing something or having a experience you can't explain is personal .sensations feeling a sense of mixed with something is there in front of our eyes are real to the one experiencing it now to others who were not their didn't feel the sensations or that sense of .its all going to sound silly a made up story some will look for a answer in science others will look to religion or mediums for answers and some will just except it as a strange personal experience .

My Nan had several strokes in the last years of her life when she had the first stroke I attended the hospital every weekend giving my Nan support .she was down didn't think she would ever get back home I wouldn't have any of that I did her exercises along with my mum to help her recover as much as she could this took 5 months of going to the hospital every Sunday with out fail.

I was the only grand child to do this others visited but I when every Sunday I was willing my Nan to get better did her exercises with her like I said helped her walk about when she got back on her feet .

To cut a long story short she manage to get the use of body back apart from one hand she went home .

6 years later she had another stroke ended up back in hospital but she wasn't there really after three hospital visits I said to my mum on the Sunday coming back from the hospital man's not there mum she's gone she's not coming back it was a horrible conversation with my mum but all the will in the world was going to bring my Nan back I knew that .

Any way that night I had a experience bear in mind I'm 26 years old at this point have my own house wife the lot .

I woke up my Nan was in my room I was sleepy so I said Nan what are you doing here you should not be here she said go back to sleep john its OK I just wanted to see you was OK and to let you know I'm OK .

With that I went back to sleep.

Now at five past four in the morning I was woke up by the phone going it was my mum telling me my Nan had dies at 3 thirty that morning .

Now here's the thing I don't really know if I dreamed a dream of my Nan being in my room or if it was real but here's the hing it doesn't matter one way or the other because ether way in my heart I believe my Nan through a dream or through real contact came to me to see me and let me know she was alright .

Really that's all that matters I have comfort from a real event be that a dream or a visit from my dieing Nan it does matter because that experience gives me great comfort .

I have had lots of strange experiences in my life they do not make me a believer of anything but they do make me view the world with a open mind .

By *i amy cdTV/TS
over a year ago

leicester

Obviously someone that has never experienced anything,,,, so your opinions or comments don't really count ,,,I find it hard to believe in ghosts or that their is at least something happening, because I have to believe it, I saw it when I was 5, I ran into my parents room in the morning and described it, my dad said he went cold because at 5 I described it very similar to what my mum had seen when she was pregnant with me, and the same as what two other people had said too, also had an experience with same ghost when I was 16 but that another story, where me and a guy stood their watching the toilets opening n closing fast n hard.

I also have tried a medium, I tried because I didn't really believe but some of the stuff she said was unreal,,, only me and very very closest would know and told me things that would happen in future to the tiniest of detail, like I said I find it weird n hard to believe but I have too believe cuz I have definitely seen n witnessed something

over a year ago

I,m a believer x

By *arkstaffsMan
over a year ago

Rugeley

Have a watch of The Signalman by Dickens. Denholm Eliot in it. The railway can be a creepy place at times...

One night shift I was getting a freight train ready to depart in the early hours, this particular siding was pitch black as the lighting tower was knackered. Working by hand lamp I was checking one side of the train and could hear footsteps coming along the other side at the same pace but about a wagon further back tapping away at things, making the same checks. Ideal, it saved time if two did it.

On reaching the last wagon I walked round it expecting to meet the other bloke and discuss any issues with the wagons.

Nobody there. I shone the lamp down the other side of the train. No one in sight. An owl hooted up the yard somewhere.

Feeling a bit uneasy I walked back to the cabin and asked who had checked the other side of those wagons. Nobody had been out in the yard except me. The two other idle sods were watching a film.

Some months later I told an old train driver what had happened. I was still pretty sure one of those blokes had been pissing about trying to put the wind up me. This old boy then told me that a shunter had been killed in that yard years ago...

Post new Message to Thread