Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Cosmetic treatments

Jump to newest

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Just been to a demo at a local upmarket beautician and they showed a number of new and expensive treatments. I dont know whether the cost of such treatments are justified by the results... but hey...

How much would you spend on a non-surgical treatment or would you find ok for your partner to spend... I am tlaking anything from Botox to Dermo-rollers to whatever...

How much is ok to spend?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *-and-KCouple
over a year ago

Back of Beyond

Katee got a special offer on dermal fillers, its something she has wanted for quite a while, to lose the lines from the corners of her mouth. They make her look miserable and fed up all the time.

So she got some tokens that give her £200 worth of treatment for £50. She's now hoarding them until we get back from Spain middle of May.

Hope it works so it helps her self esteem, she is really conscious that they make her look older than she is.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

People can spend what they like doing what they like to themselves, not for me to say what's ok.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I'm about to spend a ridiculous amount of money on laser treatment. However, I've justified cause it would be the equivalent to two years worth of waxing.

No more fuzz for me!

over a year ago

each to their own....if i get a discount or freebie at work i say go for it.

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

B n K and pussy .. I agree if freebies or discount vouchers are available... use them..... as you would with other things you buy.

I am tempted by one of the treatments but it is not cheap so I am pondering

over a year ago

I wouldnt have a problem in spending a lot, either on invasive or non-invasive treatments.

If it boosts your confidence then money shouldn't matter

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I'm about to spend a ridiculous amount of money on laser treatment. However, I've justified cause it would be the equivalent to two years worth of waxing.

No more fuzz for me! "

I agree.. will say tho that the treatment you are talking about usually takes a few more sessions than they initially tell you (just my experience and that of a couple of friends )- be aware..

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I'm about to spend a ridiculous amount of money on laser treatment. However, I've justified cause it would be the equivalent to two years worth of waxing.

No more fuzz for me!

I agree.. will say tho that the treatment you are talking about usually takes a few more sessions than they initially tell you (just my experience and that of a couple of friends )- be aware.."

Yeah... the girl has been really helpful. She's said realistically it'll take 12 sessions. My friend and I bought a groupon voucher thinking we'd hit a bargain!! Alas there's always a catch but it's still a really good deal even paying for the upgrade.

over a year ago

"Just been to a demo at a local upmarket beautician and they showed a number of new and expensive treatments. I dont know whether the cost of such treatments are justified by the results... but hey...

How much would you spend on a non-surgical treatment or would you find ok for your partner to spend... I am tlaking anything from Botox to Dermo-rollers to whatever...

How much is ok to spend?"

depends how long the treatment lasts for me

Its not something i have ever looked into as i dont like the idea of none medical people shoving needles in my face, and you dont need any training at all to do this anyone can do it, the woman who runs the sun bed place i use does botox and she said when she started the women she bought the starter kit off gave her a 1 hour talk and after a certificate to say she was qualified i find that quite scarey and shocking, even more so when you think shes breaking no laws at all in what shes doing

so i'll keep my wrinkles thanks lol

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

depends how long the treatment lasts for me

Its not something i have ever looked into as i dont like the idea of none medical people shoving needles in my face, and you dont need any training at all to do this anyone can do it, the woman who runs the sun bed place i use does botox and she said when she started the women she bought the starter kit off gave her a 1 hour talk and after a certificate to say she was qualified i find that quite scarey and shocking, even more so when you think shes breaking no laws at all in what shes doing

so i'll keep my wrinkles thanks lol "

Lol ... I can see your point - there was a pretty scary TV programm on a few weeks ago on some of the so-called trained practitioners and the damage they could do as well as some ... WOULD YOU BELIEVE THIS... Botox kit you can purchase on the net for a DIY job at home! Does make you wonder!

I would only have treatments from a safe place - incidentally the place I visited today had a resident nurse to administer the anaesthetic for Botox (which for a number of reasons I would never consider for myself)

It can be a mine field though...

over a year ago

Only a wanker or someone devoid of a brain would inject poison into their face. Its all sad if you ask me love with what you were born with.

over a year ago

I think its ok to have hair removal procedures but anything else i would never consider, i was blessed with good skin, boobs i like, a bum i like

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I think its ok to have hair removal procedures but anything else i would never consider, i was blessed with good skin, boobs i like, a bum i like"

I think it is great when you are happy with what you have.. and tbh I am happy with myself, too. Having said that.. I would consider some facial treatments but no the ones where you have stuff injected into you.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Only a wanker or someone devoid of a brain would inject poison into their face. Its all sad if you ask me love with what you were born with. "

Well don't beat around the bush... tell it how it really is... you could try being a bit more offensive though!

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

If someone else is paying......Top notch lol

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I never use anything on my face, suntan lotion in the summer. I use plain water and i stay out of the sun. Although i smoke im blessed with not having a smokers face.

I will soon start to use one good day cream and one good night cream probly when i get in my 50's.

My friends go mad at me, they spend a fortune on anti wrinkle cream and im the only one without wrinkles

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Would NEVER get botox though....

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I never use anything on my face, suntan lotion in the summer. I use plain water and i stay out of the sun. Although i smoke im blessed with not having a smokers face.

I will soon start to use one good day cream and one good night cream probly when i get in my 50's.

My friends go mad at me, they spend a fortune on anti wrinkle cream and im the only one without wrinkles"

That made me chuckle cos I dont use much on my face other than the occasional Nivea style moisturiser... and my skin if much better than that of some of my mates who use expensive stuff...

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

You know something that bugs me, young girls that wear tons of foundation. They put it on so thick, yet young girls have such pretty soft complextions to me it hides their natural beauty

over a year ago

"I think its ok to have hair removal procedures but anything else i would never consider, i was blessed with good skin, boobs i like, a bum i like

I think it is great when you are happy with what you have.. and tbh I am happy with myself, too. Having said that.. I would consider some facial treatments but no the ones where you have stuff injected into you. "

Well you are quite a bit older than me, so i suppose bits start to sag, i haven't got to that stage yet. I have a good skin routine and am careful about sun exposure, i think prevention is better than cure.x

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"You know something that bugs me, young girls that wear tons of foundation. They put it on so thick, yet young girls have such pretty soft complextions to me it hides their natural beauty"

Agreed... and they all look the same...

which is a shame.

There is also something to be said about getting older and some people feeling really worried about first lines, it is something that has never bothered me. I do like treatments such as semi permanent make up on eye brows which is great when you are a natural blonde and want to go swimming without makeup.

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I think its ok to have hair removal procedures but anything else i would never consider, i was blessed with good skin, boobs i like, a bum i like

I think it is great when you are happy with what you have.. and tbh I am happy with myself, too. Having said that.. I would consider some facial treatments but no the ones where you have stuff injected into you. Well you are quite a bit older than me, so i suppose bits start to sag, i haven't got to that stage yet. I have a good skin routine and am careful about sun exposure, i think prevention is better than cure.x"

Interesting that you suggest that sagging is the issue lol... it is not.. and in fact I am happy to say that caryring a few extra pounds works wonders for the facial features. But joke aside... as I said above, for me it is more the treatment that makes life easier for me as I naver had a skin routine other than Nivea.. and my skin looks good despite (or because of) it..xx

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

" Well you are quite a bit older than me, so i suppose bits start to sag, i haven't got to that stage yet. I have a good skin routine and am careful about sun exposure, i think prevention is better than cure.x"

Wow!

over a year ago

Skin loses its elasticity as you get older, Nivea is a great cosmetic cream my mother swears by it, beats a lot of the new skincare products that are on the shelves.

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

" Well you are quite a bit older than me, so i suppose bits start to sag, i haven't got to that stage yet. I have a good skin routine and am careful about sun exposure, i think prevention is better than cure.x

Wow! "

Wow? Wow!!

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I'm way too lazy for all that stuff. I use whatever moisturising cream comes to hand, generally baby lotion or the like on my face and the rest of me can grow old disgracefully!

I dye my hair cause I hate the grey but I'll be the one in the old folks home with the tattoos, the piercings and the bald fanny toosh shagging all the old geezers while I still can!

I'm just not that vain.

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I'm way too lazy for all that stuff. I use whatever moisturising cream comes to hand, generally baby lotion or the like on my face and the rest of me can grow old disgracefully!

I dye my hair cause I hate the grey but I'll be the one in the old folks home with the tattoos, the piercings and the bald fanny toosh shagging all the old geezers while I still can!

I'm just not that vain. "

Ah lol, don't you see... I am lazy too which is why I cannot be bothered with the daily skin routine...never have done and never will. I rather spend money on the semi permanent eyebrows and stuff, a splash of water and some nivea... my morning routine takes less than 10 mins and that includes shower and teeth brushing and combing my locks...(they dont need much as very curly..lol)

over a year ago

I would have the bloody lot done...

They can lift it, suck it and chop it all off

But i aint met a millionaire yet

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I would have the bloody lot done...

They can lift it, suck it and chop it all off

But i aint met a millionaire yet "

Going by your avatar... you dont need it xx

over a year ago

Thats only me tits...

you should see the rest

Lmao

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"

Ah lol, don't you see... I am lazy too which is why I cannot be bothered with the daily skin routine...never have done and never will. I rather spend money on the semi permanent eyebrows and stuff, a splash of water and some nivea... my morning routine takes less than 10 mins and that includes shower and teeth brushing and combing my locks...(they dont need much as very curly..lol) "

Snap. I have it down to a fine art cause I'd rather have an extra ten minutes in bed!

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Thats only me tits...

you should see the rest

Lmao "

we all have something special we can be proud of.. but you boobies look awesome... they definitely do... and on the subject of skin... do you moisturise them daily as a good girl should? ;[-)

over a year ago

Oh yes....slap it on everything me.

I use simple as im very sensitive ya know

over a year ago

I see others waste ridiculous amounts of money on all sorts of things I like my hair and makeup nice. I like treatments and I like spending my money on things that make me feel good. I might have a facelift in the future - who knows?

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Oh yes....slap it on everything me.

I use simple as im very sensitive ya know "

pmsl never thought of you as a moisturising slapper...;-) But clearly you re doing the right routine here..

over a year ago

Im creamed within an inch of me life. lmao

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I see others waste ridiculous amounts of money on all sorts of things I like my hair and makeup nice. I like treatments and I like spending my money on things that make me feel good. I might have a facelift in the future - who knows?"

Would you agree with me that hair in particular makes such a difference to your overall appearance and the way you feel about yourself? I think you can wear a cheap dress or outfit but if your hair looks good... you FEEL confident...

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

I dont know much about this stuff ,but i heard my sister telling someone,that "which magazine" tested all those anti aging gloops for your face and the one that blew the others away was the cheapest which was in a red pot at aldi's and only a few quid .

I got no problem with people doing anything they want to their bodies after it it belongs to them.

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Im creamed within an inch of me life. lmao "

I think when we have a new name change or competition on the subject... yours should be "inch-creamer"xx

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I dont know much about this stuff ,but i heard my sister telling someone,that "which magazine" tested all those anti aging gloops for your face and the one that blew the others away was the cheapest which was in a red pot at aldi's and only a few quid .

I got no problem with people doing anything they want to their bodies after it it belongs to them. "

Do you therefore, support my "on and off and only when I have time and feel like it-Nivea Crusade"?

over a year ago

Burntbits would be apt at the mo...

Or.....

Onlyoneeyebrow

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"I dont know much about this stuff ,but i heard my sister telling someone,that "which magazine" tested all those anti aging gloops for your face and the one that blew the others away was the cheapest which was in a red pot at aldi's and only a few quid .

I got no problem with people doing anything they want to their bodies after it it belongs to them.

Do you therefore, support my "on and off and only when I have time and feel like it-Nivea Crusade"?"

as long as it only applies to nivea

over a year ago

Do you therefore, support my "on and off and only when I have time and feel like it-Nivea Crusade"?"

old fashioned nivea in the blue pot with the foil lid used by plastic surgeons to lubricate burns

over a year ago

"I see others waste ridiculous amounts of money on all sorts of things I like my hair and makeup nice. I like treatments and I like spending my money on things that make me feel good. I might have a facelift in the future - who knows?

Would you agree with me that hair in particular makes such a difference to your overall appearance and the way you feel about yourself? I think you can wear a cheap dress or outfit but if your hair looks good... you FEEL confident..."

I have very long hair - never had it cut for nearly seven years. But I have to have it clean and brushed even though its time consuming. Men love it and I love to please men. They have to learn the art of plaiting it back if they sleep over though otherwise they're eating it all night!!

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I see others waste ridiculous amounts of money on all sorts of things I like my hair and makeup nice. I like treatments and I like spending my money on things that make me feel good. I might have a facelift in the future - who knows?

Would you agree with me that hair in particular makes such a difference to your overall appearance and the way you feel about yourself? I think you can wear a cheap dress or outfit but if your hair looks good... you FEEL confident...

I have very long hair - never had it cut for nearly seven years. But I have to have it clean and brushed even though its time consuming. Men love it and I love to please men. They have to learn the art of plaiting it back if they sleep over though otherwise they're eating it all night!! "

I am envious of your hair, mine is only half way down my back now and because it is so curly it looks shorter. Does yours not get knots in at night because mine does

over a year ago

"Only a wanker or someone devoid of a brain would inject poison into their face. Its all sad if you ask me love with what you were born with. "

nah ive got to be honest if i had the money theres so much work id like doing on myself, but i would only ever let a trained medical person loose with my body, i dislike the way i look but not that much id let any tom, dick or harry loose on it lol

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

" but not that much id let any tom, dick or harry loose on it lol

"

I would let a dick loose on me if it were a nice shaped one (only joking

over a year ago

" but not that much id let any tom, dick or harry loose on it lol

I would let a dick loose on me if it were a nice shaped one (only joking "