Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Learning to drive

Jump to newest

By *elma and Shaggy OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bedworth

I failed my driving test nearly 20 years ago and haven't been behind the wheel since. Now I'm nervously awaiting the arrival of my driving instructor for my first lesson.

I hope the nerves are just a first time thing lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I failed my driving test nearly 20 years ago and haven't been behind the wheel since. Now I'm nervously awaiting the arrival of my driving instructor for my first lesson.

I hope the nerves are just a first time thing lol"

It's like riding a bike

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

The benefit of learning later in life is that you're generally calmer and more confident. And if you're not, fake it til you are!

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

I didn't get behind the wheel after passing my test for about 18 years. Sadly after I passed my test I didn't have the ways, means or desire to start driving so never bothered. I just let it slide.

Then a couple of years ago I felt the time was right to start to drive. Being older and wiser I found it so much easier. Gone were any nerves or trepidation. I found I was full of confidence like I never was when I passed my test. It was the best decision I've ever made. Good luck OP.

over a year ago

"I didn't get behind the wheel after passing my test for about 18 years. Sadly after I passed my test I didn't have the ways, means or desire to start driving so never bothered. I just let it slide.

Then a couple of years ago I felt the time was right to start to drive. Being older and wiser I found it so much easier. Gone were any nerves or trepidation. I found I was full of confidence like I never was when I passed my test. It was the best decision I've ever made. Good luck OP."

So now you can drive to Reading and meet me

over a year ago

I don't know what I would do if I couldn't drive. I think I spend more time in a car than in my bed

Good luck, OP. Follow it through this time, it's so worth it!

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"I didn't get behind the wheel after passing my test for about 18 years. Sadly after I passed my test I didn't have the ways, means or desire to start driving so never bothered. I just let it slide.

Then a couple of years ago I felt the time was right to start to drive. Being older and wiser I found it so much easier. Gone were any nerves or trepidation. I found I was full of confidence like I never was when I passed my test. It was the best decision I've ever made. Good luck OP.

So now you can drive to Reading and meet me "

Well that was my primary reason for getting back behind the wheel

My secondary reason being I could then get out of there sharpish upon escaping your basement!

over a year ago

I failed 5 times, was adamant on my 6th go if I failed I'd give up. But I passed. That was 20 yrs ago nearly.

You will be fine, driving is so liberating. It's something I'm going to make sure my kids do as soon as they can. Good luck and get stuck in. X

By *uddlybear2015Man
over a year ago

BEDFORD

"I failed my driving test nearly 20 years ago and haven't been behind the wheel since. Now I'm nervously awaiting the arrival of my driving instructor for my first lesson.

I hope the nerves are just a first time thing lol"

I had a gap of around 30 years,refusing to drive. After being made redundant I started driving to help get a job,believe me its the best thing I've done. Good Luck,you'll be fine

Post new Message to Thread