Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Psychic powers

Jump to newest

By *odareyou OP   Man
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Believer, sceptical or its pish. ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *horltzMan
over a year ago

heysham

I knew you were going to post this thread

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A load of bollox

over a year ago

Undecided

over a year ago

Believer

Kinky

By *erdita Von TeaseWoman
over a year ago

nottingham

Believer

over a year ago

I've seen and experienced enough to know some people are sensitive to this type of stuff.

Yes, I also believe some people are full of shite.

over a year ago

For me its utter rubbish and clever fishing yet many believe it because they want to......it gives them comfort and relief.....and its very financially lucrative.

over a year ago

I,m a believer. XXX

over a year ago

Believer

and my friends call me the Witch for reasons i wont go into

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Psychic powers are easy, the impossible takes a little longer.

By *eovilcouple76Couple
over a year ago

yeovil

Seen and experienced quite a bit that the "psychic" in question could never have known, to completely believe in it.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"For me its utter rubbish and clever fishing yet many believe it because they want to......it gives them comfort and relief.....and its very financially lucrative.

"

Yes, nothing like a materialistic charlatan to prove a point!

over a year ago

It's real to people that don't know what subconscious biases and heuristics are

over a year ago

Believer

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

i attended a psychic meet in a pub once.. thou the only spirits i had contact with we're behind the bar..

over a year ago

"i attended a psychic meet in a pub once.. thou the only spirits i had contact with we're behind the bar..

"

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Bit of a believer

By *randMrs Spanish BrunetteCouple
over a year ago

home sweet home

Is it me or most women seem to believe and men don't?

MrsSB

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Is it me or most women seem to believe and men don't?

MrsSB "

Women are usually far more intuitive than men, or are far more likely to listen to and develop their intuition, so I think they are more inclined to realise that there are 'possibilities'...... and I don't mean the charlatans, we all know there are plenty of those out there.

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

That all depends on what you class as psychic powers.

For example the following are classed as psychic powers but have been shown to work.

Dowsing, Empathy, Precognition, Telepathy, energy medicine has also been shown to work but it is possible that this could be similar to the placebo effect.

over a year ago

I believe some things because of something that happened a few years ago. I went to see a well known psychic in our area sat with him for 10 minutes it so and then he said he couldn't read me, fine he didn't take any payment. Year later I went to Newquay (Cornwall) with my friend and there was a psychic there, she did my friend no problem, my turn, she tells me she can't read me. Ok, fast forward a few months and I went to a psychic party in a friends house, a psychic was there and was doing reading for 30 quid a pop, including myself there were 9 of us to have a reading, my friend went first and had hers and paid, I went next and he sits with me for 5,10 minutes then not only tells me he can't read me but actually packs up all his stuff and left! Everyone was asking what I'd done to upset him, I didn't do nothing. It was that incident that made me think right shit that's 3 different psychics now that can't read me and especially that guy cos he lost out on 8 lots of £30!

I went to the shop where I bought my tarot cards a few years previous and the owner is also a psychic, my friend was buying angel cards and as my friend was paying for them the woman waited till she thought I was out of earshot and pulled my friend closer towards her and said don't let her put her hands on these cards, but I heard it I was like nah why you saying that and why are all these psychics not taking my money and reading me, she told me to go to the spiritualist church meeting which I did. Went along everyone sat in a circle sort of meditating with the woman who runs it in the centre, after 10 minutes the woman takes me aside and says during the meditation sessions her guide walks round the circle behind each of us, tells me that he stood behind me for the whole 10 minutes, said I was under psychic attack, asked me if I had done any spells, I was like no but then I realised shit in 2009 when I was pregnant and my ex of 10 years had left and I was devestated I looked online for spells to bring a lover back and paid a witch to do a spell to make someone love you again and was sent a candle to burn each night for like 2 weeks or something. Now nobody knew about that, it was like some American site, how did all these psychics all say that there was something blocking them from being able to read me?

The leader of the spiritualist church gave me raeki (can't spell it) healing, 6 sessions for free even though they're supposed to be £25 each, she did them for free because she knew I had a child and said she could see what was around me said it looked like a storm cloud surrounding me!

over a year ago

"I believe some things because of something that happened a few years ago. I went to see a well known psychic in our area sat with him for 10 minutes it so and then he said he couldn't read me, fine he didn't take any payment. Year later I went to Newquay (Cornwall) with my friend and there was a psychic there, she did my friend no problem, my turn, she tells me she can't read me. Ok, fast forward a few months and I went to a psychic party in a friends house, a psychic was there and was doing reading for 30 quid a pop, including myself there were 9 of us to have a reading, my friend went first and had hers and paid, I went next and he sits with me for 5,10 minutes then not only tells me he can't read me but actually packs up all his stuff and left! Everyone was asking what I'd done to upset him, I didn't do nothing. It was that incident that made me think right shit that's 3 different psychics now that can't read me and especially that guy cos he lost out on 8 lots of £30!

I went to the shop where I bought my tarot cards a few years previous and the owner is also a psychic, my friend was buying angel cards and as my friend was paying for them the woman waited till she thought I was out of earshot and pulled my friend closer towards her and said don't let her put her hands on these cards, but I heard it I was like nah why you saying that and why are all these psychics not taking my money and reading me, she told me to go to the spiritualist church meeting which I did. Went along everyone sat in a circle sort of meditating with the woman who runs it in the centre, after 10 minutes the woman takes me aside and says during the meditation sessions her guide walks round the circle behind each of us, tells me that he stood behind me for the whole 10 minutes, said I was under psychic attack, asked me if I had done any spells, I was like no but then I realised shit in 2009 when I was pregnant and my ex of 10 years had left and I was devestated I looked online for spells to bring a lover back and paid a witch to do a spell to make someone love you again and was sent a candle to burn each night for like 2 weeks or something. Now nobody knew about that, it was like some American site, how did all these psychics all say that there was something blocking them from being able to read me?

The leader of the spiritualist church gave me raeki (can't spell it) healing, 6 sessions for free even though they're supposed to be £25 each, she did them for free because she knew I had a child and said she could see what was around me said it looked like a storm cloud surrounding me! "

Holy crap- no pun intended

By *odareyou OP   Man
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

"I believe some things because of something that happened a few years ago. I went to see a well known psychic in our area sat with him for 10 minutes it so and then he said he couldn't read me, fine he didn't take any payment. Year later I went to Newquay (Cornwall) with my friend and there was a psychic there, she did my friend no problem, my turn, she tells me she can't read me. Ok, fast forward a few months and I went to a psychic party in a friends house, a psychic was there and was doing reading for 30 quid a pop, including myself there were 9 of us to have a reading, my friend went first and had hers and paid, I went next and he sits with me for 5,10 minutes then not only tells me he can't read me but actually packs up all his stuff and left! Everyone was asking what I'd done to upset him, I didn't do nothing. It was that incident that made me think right shit that's 3 different psychics now that can't read me and especially that guy cos he lost out on 8 lots of £30!

The leader of the spiritualist church gave me raeki (can't spell it) healing, 6 sessions for free even though they're supposed to be £25 each, she did them for free because she knew I had a child and said she could see what was around me said it looked like a storm cloud surrounding me!

Holy crap- no pun intended "

Did the spell work ?

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

It's complete nonsense of course.

You don't see faith healers working in hospitals in the same way that you don't see psychics winning the lottery every week

Google for a Youtube Video (it's well worth watching).

"James Randi's fiery takedown of psychic fraud"

By *hloe sussexTV/TS
over a year ago

Larne

"Believer, sceptical or its pish. ?"

Ask one he must know lol

over a year ago

Load of balls in my opinion. Yet to be convinced been to plenty of events. However remain open minded to change.

over a year ago

"For me its utter rubbish and clever fishing yet many believe it because they want to......it gives them comfort and relief.....and its very financially lucrative.

"

I don't know; but I guess I am one who wants to believe and pray there is life after death

I try to believe in god, but then he hasn't been to good to me if he is around, and if he is, then is there also an opposite, the devil?

Heaven & Hell?

I do hope there is a heaven for my own selfish reasons

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

"That all depends on what you class as psychic powers.

For example the following are classed as psychic powers but have been shown to work.

Dowsing, Empathy, Precognition, Telepathy, energy medicine has also been shown to work but it is possible that this could be similar to the placebo effect.

"

the placebo effect works on the basis that the recipient knows about some form of 'treatment' may be happening to them..energy medicine and telepathy etc doesn't rely on that person knowing anything consciously.

By *uddlybear2015Man
over a year ago

BEDFORD

"Believer

and my friends call me the Witch for reasons i wont go into "

Is it the pointy hat and stripey socks??

By *uddlybear2015Man
over a year ago

BEDFORD

Pish

over a year ago

"Seen and experienced quite a bit that the "psychic" in question could never have known, to completely believe in it. "

Same here. And I don't give much away at the best of times, let alone at a reading.

That said, it's just fun for me - I take it all with a pinch of salt.

over a year ago

One told me how my brother died...when he died...what age he was and how it happenened....I never knew up until then.....they also told me about 2 drownings....who stole money from me and someone getting arrested (among other things)...it all came true....not bad for someone who had never clapped eyes on me up until then x

over a year ago

Sceptical believer. I know some things are possible, but i also know that most who claims to be able too are fake.

over a year ago

Holy crap- no pun intended

Did the spell work ?"

Nope, he absolutely despises me which is worrying as we share a child and I'm uncomfortable with the level of hate he has towards me. Me I have no feelings towards him, no hate, no dislike, he's just a person I have to tolerate.

over a year ago

I am sceptical, forever in doubt

over a year ago

I've had more than one experience ... so let's just say, I'm a believer. However there are some out there who aren't genuine, which ruins it for the genuine ones. Interesting stuff though

over a year ago

To those who have or know of someone with psychic abilities i suggest they go claim the Randi $1,000,000 challenge. Or the many other Prize funds for demonstrating paranormal abilities.

Post new Message to Thread