Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Job

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Was speaking to a lady on fab who lives in the Grantham where I work. She says she was looking for a job, as it happens I have a position in my department coming up shortly.

I tell her all about it, she says she is interested. As most interviews are quite daunting I like to give a very informal one first, so I agreed a date and time and also a location where we can meet and have a coffee to chat about the role.

I have prepared for her interview. I sent her a message earlier asking if she was still OK to meet up, to dicuss the role only to find out today she has deleted all my messages....I am so pissed off. Not because she deleted the messages but because I feel she lead me up the garden path.

Why bother trying to help people

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

No good deed goes unpunished.

I wonder if she thought it was just a clever way to get a meet?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Has she replied to your last message? Maybe she's just clearing out old messages? Or maybe decided she's not comfortable mixing work with her fab connections? Who knows

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I wouldn't have minded if at any stage she says "sorry but I don't wish to take this any further" I would have been OK with it.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Has she replied to your last message? Maybe she's just clearing out old messages? Or maybe decided she's not comfortable mixing work with her fab connections? Who knows "
Have to agree, probably felt uncomfortable and maybe a bit embarrassed about letting you down. Dont lose any sleep.

Post new Message to Thread