Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Peptic/Stomach Ulsers

Jump to newest

By *oxy_minx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Due to medication I was diagnosed with this nearly 8 weeks ago, can you tell me what your symptoms were? As I don't think mine is healing , already taken antibiotics and other gastric meds, however, I still have no appetite, I'm still losing weight (which I can't really afford to be loosing) and I am still being sick on occasion, but not suffering any pain.

How long did yours take to heal? I am back at the docs next week, so please don't insult me with the 'asking swingers for medical advise' crap......thanks in advance

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

I had a stomach ulcer in my early 20s.

Shared a flat with an alcoholic for a year and my drinking escalated. Started feeling discomfort in my stomach, a sharp pain if I had an alcoholic drink and broadening into a dull ache that didn't go away.

Trip to the GP and some tests.

I stopped drinking for two years and only rarely get d*unk now.

Not a pleasant learning curve.

By *oxy_minx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I do drink, but was on diclofenac (back pain) for two years, which caused the symptoms and stomach bacterial infection to happen, no longer any stomach pains but others symptoms still seem to exist, though new pain meds don't seem to be doing the trick for my back pain either

By *oxy_minx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Bugger, others have contacted me and seems I should have gone back sooner! Just don't like to waste others time that I thought should be better spent, so looking forward to next week now! So thank you!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

O agree that your symptoms suggest an earlier appointment - s Doctor can discuss and do a quick external check too. Good luck xxxx

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Middle of the night typos.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Doctors are fucking idiots. Any long term pain meds (other meds too) require a prescription of Lansoprazole to stop you getting ulcers/gastritis.

NSAIDS and certain antibiotics cause an imbalance of H-Pylori bacteria in the stomach which causes the problem, this has been well known for years but GP's still ignore it. I always ask for Lansoprazole with any long-term prescription and if they're unwilling to prescribe it I refuse the original medication.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

If you are taking antibiotics these aren't going to be good for the acid levels in your stomach I'd say. If you are seeing the Dr have a word about them and their longevity or implications?

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

I have 2 uslcers in my windpipe. I take 80mg of Omeprazole every morning

By *oxy_minx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"I have 2 uslcers in my windpipe. I take 80mg of Omeprazole every morning"

I was only prescribed 20mg a day for 8 weeks, so will be interesting to hear their views next week.

Post new Message to Thread