Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

what is text

Jump to newest

By *andy muncher OP   Man
over a year ago

Nottingham

as far i can see no one calls any one on the phone some women have not got the guts easy way out i say know more

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

what a load of rubbish. I can easily spend 4 or 5 hours on the phone, but then I can talk for Scotland. No wonder my phone bills are so high!!!

By *ertnbeckyCouple
over a year ago

oldham

i only text if i dont get an answer ringing

By *he tactile technicianMan
over a year ago

the good lands, the bad lands, the any where you may want me lands

my discretion dictates I text first, then phone

By (user no longer on site)
Forum Mod

over a year ago

This sounds like a dig to me,someone pissed you off by texting instead of phoning so you've started a thread to say they hav'nt got the guts to speak to you on the phone?

Could be completely wrong of course and if I am then im sorry,but thats how it reads to me

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I rarely call anyone... my mum I guess.

Text is so much more efficent. Say what you need to and don't spend ten minutes waffling about utter shite.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/04/11 09:49:17]

over a year ago

"This sounds like a dig to me,someone pissed you off by texting instead of phoning so you've started a thread to say they hav'nt got the guts to speak to you on the phone?

Could be completely wrong of course and if I am then im sorry,but thats how it reads to me"

Hmmmm...that was my first thought too: a not too subtle dig, but hey - I'm a cynic!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

heck... i and i am guessing a whole ton of people get unlimited text... which means it doesn't cost me...

which is why i text and don't ring

but yes.. agree with HPC, and sounds like a person spurned

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

sounds like a person spurnd to me as well. I spend half my life on the telephone

By *inktherapyCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

I'm not a fan of phone calls with anyone, really. Text is convenient (can do it wherever and in almost anyone's company) and to the point. If I'm talking to someone I'd MUCH rather do it face to face - but I will speak to someone on the phone if they'd really like to beforehand.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I prefer to talk rather than spend 1/2 an hour on ping pong texts, some of which are barely understandable! Usually I will text first to see if it's ok to call as everyone's circumstances are different.

over a year ago

I text then phone

A text can tell you lots about the person

Personally I like to text and phone def if I want to play

over a year ago

And I agree sounds like its a dig that the poster has made

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"as far i can see no one calls any one on the phone some women have not got the guts easy way out i say know more "

I don't ever phone men on the phone. If we all decide to meet then a playphone number is exhanged in case they or us have to cancel at the last minute, but I don't want men calling me or me calling men, nothing to do with guts.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Give me text anytime - quick and easy and efficient and you can go back and check what was agreed for example what time. I do not want people ring me, certainly not peopl from the scene as I am usually surrounded by people, be it at work or in my free time. Nothing to do with having guts, all to do with how I like to communicate

PS Phone calls are for close family members and long standing friends in distress for example...

over a year ago

I dont talk to men on the phone either. Chris's number is given to a meet the day before just in case of emergencies, but its not used to text flirty messages or phone etc.

But Id say that this thread was not a discussion about texting and not phoning, it was a dig at someone who probably said they would ring but just text instead. This fact is confirmed by the OP starting another thread saying he was leaving for a little bit but then deciding not to.

My advice to the OP if this is the case is to not take things too much too heart. Yes things can be disappointing, but nothing is worth getting upset over is it.

over a year ago

The phone is ok but i would rather chat in person. Cam chat is better than the phone these days don't you think because you can see someones face.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"The phone is ok but i would rather chat in person. Cam chat is better than the phone these days don't you think because you can see someones face. "

But they might not meet me once they have seen my face

over a year ago

"The phone is ok but i would rather chat in person. Cam chat is better than the phone these days don't you think because you can see someones face.

But they might not meet me once they have seen my face"

Well its a near miss then but no one is out of pocket for traveling costs so nothing lost.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"The phone is ok but i would rather chat in person. Cam chat is better than the phone these days don't you think because you can see someones face.

But they might not meet me once they have seen my face

Well its a near miss then but no one is out of pocket for traveling costs so nothing lost. "

Spoken like a true economist - I like it

over a year ago

I had long phone conversation with a guy last night which i initiated, and he called me today, maybe they have lost your number?

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Hate having a chat with someone I have never met....besides I never give my number until a meet has already been arranged....

Txt for me

over a year ago

Only just read the bit bout guts

I have balls and confidence. Most who met me at the worcester social

Being honest texting is easier as I'm in and out a lot and as much as one of my phones is permently on I don't want would be playmates phoning at stupid times.

Post new Message to Thread