Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

only a game...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

....cant believe that football has de-generated to the point of letter bombs!

wtf is that all about?!

.....wouldn't happen in rugby.....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

did wenger send a letter bomb to dalglish?

??

over a year ago

oooo lennon targeted by a nail bomber !

i see it now

im reading

By *ids bull 1Man
over a year ago

midlands

its only a game

over a year ago

footballs way worse

anyone that has hanged or been close to folks that have hanged to a firm - to what ya may call real fans - not nice no they are not - but would understand

and its global my god have a look at the rivalry in turkish clubs and dutch clubs

its passion identity home turf gangland raw - madness really yeah

but i invite anyone to step in and tell em how to change it all

cos not even the cops have been brave enough yet

all thats been done is a system of cctv and taxing season ticket holders and penalties and etc

that does nothing for the underlying raw passion again ill call it - but ive saw it - its raw hatred when it manifests

over a year ago

"....cant believe that football has de-generated to the point of letter bombs!

wtf is that all about?!

.....wouldn't happen in rugby....."

Naaa they just go Neanderthal and turn to cannibalism when things get tough.

over a year ago

"

footballs way worse

anyone that has hanged or been close to folks that have hanged to a firm - to what ya may call real fans - not nice no they are not - but would understand

and its global my god have a look at the rivalry in turkish clubs and dutch clubs

all thats been done is a system of cctv and taxing season ticket holders and penalties and etc

that does nothing for the underlying raw passion again ill call it - but ive saw it - its raw hatred when it manifests

"

i cannot understand how something considered a sport can become associated with such violence. it's worse than religious wars

over a year ago

wtf is that all about?!

Naaa they just go Neanderthal and turn to cannibalism when things get tough. "

bugger off...real gents play rugby!

over a year ago

main reason rugby is different is all its anger is on the pitch - all it aggression

football is a build up of it - and the rules cant allow the aggression on the pitch - does happen - so - the fans and yes not all the fans - the hardcore fans take it upon them and they settle the scores outside stadiums and off the pitch

cos in football you can get beat not fair and not square - you can be cheated

and that rises outside to HATE!

and yeah fathers sons families and lovely trips to the footy we all love it

yeah just go look on youtube and tell me its not got something else to it that they wont talk about and keep under the carpet

over a year ago

"

footballs way worse

i cannot understand how something considered a sport can become associated with such violence. it's worse than religious wars "

Your not in the loop are you! Football in Glasgow is tribal and sectarian and has more to do with if you are a protestant or a catholic. The football side is a side issue.

over a year ago

It's not football.

It's people.

...Guns don't kill people. People do.

over a year ago

wtf is that all about?!

bugger off...real gents play rugby!"

Look up what the Uruguayan Rugby Team did in the andes air crash

They were far from gents!

over a year ago

"

footballs way worse

"

Well I think the raw hatred is amongst rival fans who lets face it don't do it for the love of football but for the love of fighting under the umbrella of football.

This is a new and sinister turn. Its a threat against a man in football who does love the game. It may have been a hoax but Lennon is Northern Irish and knows the cloud of bomb threats without it coming into his professional life too.

I am still horrified at Colombia's player Escobar being murdered merely for the own goal gaffe in the 1994 world cup. This is when you can say "its just a game" followed by "and not worth the loss of a young life" because he made a mistake in a that game.

If this is made light of its just gonna be another monkey see monkey do exercise and will be rife before we know it. Its a disgrace and should be publicly condemned by all.

over a year ago

"

footballs way worse

i cannot understand how something considered a sport can become associated with such violence. it's worse than religious wars

Your not in the loop are you! Football in Glasgow is tribal and sectarian and has more to do with if you are a protestant or a catholic. The football side is a side issue. "

i was generically talking about football...working with men only means i have the whole bloody scottish football issue rammed down my throat daily.

over a year ago

wtf is that all about?!

bugger off...real gents play rugby!

Look up what the Uruguayan Rugby Team did in the andes air crash

They were far from gents! "

how can you compare that to what goes on every week at every stadium?

over a year ago

the glasgow issue is far deeper than just protestant or catholic

but as you say two tribes is true

and if you verge down to london - manchester - birmingham - liverpool - there is similar tales

there is a mass of firms in every major club - they are not the majority - you cna say they are not the fans

but unless you have known or mixed with you cannot know how mad it can be hw serious it can get how life or death it can get

yet - just look at how SKY broadcast the adverts and the trailers for the games in the premierships

clash of the titans - life or death - all or nothing - battles - the game of all games - they put a rhetoric on it almost like wrestling in america

that looks great on tv but its pandering to a deeper rooted history in all clubs - that is tribal

that is laddish - gangland - and really stupidity but sky feed it in such a subtle way - the family ticket holder would never need to know whats going on after the games

over a year ago

Its down to individuals not to let being a fan become being fanatical. There can be no larger rivalry than Sunderland and Newcastle but that came about during the depression so that strikers could avoid the non strikers. So you had loyalty splits in families. This went on through the generations so today its not geography that decides but history. There are still families who have a mixed fan base and would not pitch against each other and just jibe and take it in turns for crowing rights depending on who wins next between the clubs. There are the die hard regionalists but its not as bad as it used to be because there is an acceptance that this friendly rivalry doesn't need to detriorate into violence. So its not impossible to overcome long held beliefs and practices. It has to be a willingness to change your own attitude and stop being a sheep I think.

over a year ago

neil lennon is a die hard celtic fan

i mean die hard

before we clamped down celtic waved the flags of celebration after the manchester bombings

and there is a sideline issue into the irish argument

neil lennons main worry is his family over in ireland and the targets they may become

however neil was also accused of putting glass in tea to give to soldiers in Northern Ireland in his youth - hmmm maybe

but he is a die hard celtic fan and that includes the nasty hate side

i will agree as a footy fan its a family business now - its a tv business

and you cant have these minorities as they are deemed upsetting it all and the clubs will not side with them

but you need to to know these guys - from the english premiership to scotlands old firm

these are football fans - to say they are not cos they just wanna fight and hate - go n tell em that - the police certainly havent - they just referee it and help keep it out of the multi million media business that is a footy club

classic example of firms

rangers v man u - europa final we all saw that on the telly box

im a celtic fan - i should be saying yeah all those huns started it nooooo

there was firms from all over england in rangers shirts arrived on the day to battle man u - the kick off was the tv screen going down

despite being a "tim" i know a lot o rangers fans who were there - telling me about squads of guys in rangers gear - squads waiting at train stations on the outskirts

its football - and its part of football - look at the dutch! check you tube for feyenoord and rotterdam -

football is attached to firms - hooligans - violence - passion - life - everything - these guys are the ultimate fan that no commercial football club wants to own up to

but those firms have players today on the pitch who were born n bred of it

it may not be right - it may be wrong

but denying it is just having your eyes wide shut - cos so far - no one has stopped it - its just your news has decided not to talk about it so much

hmmmmm who could influence your news when clubs like man city have already spent 1 billlion!!! on players

over a year ago

"neil lennon is a die hard celtic fan

i mean die hard

before we clamped down celtic waved the flags of celebration after the manchester bombings

and there is a sideline issue into the irish argument

neil lennons main worry is his family over in ireland and the targets they may become

however neil was also accused of putting glass in tea to give to soldiers in Northern Ireland in his youth - hmmm maybe

but he is a die hard celtic fan and that includes the nasty hate side

i will agree as a footy fan its a family business now - its a tv business

and you cant have these minorities as they are deemed upsetting it all and the clubs will not side with them

but you need to to know these guys - from the english premiership to scotlands old firm

these are football fans - to say they are not cos they just wanna fight and hate - go n tell em that - the police certainly havent - they just referee it and help keep it out of the multi million media business that is a footy club

classic example of firms

rangers v man u - europa final we all saw that on the telly box

im a celtic fan - i should be saying yeah all those huns started it nooooo

there was firms from all over england in rangers shirts arrived on the day to battle man u - the kick off was the tv screen going down

despite being a "tim" i know a lot o rangers fans who were there - telling me about squads of guys in rangers gear - squads waiting at train stations on the outskirts

its football - and its part of football - look at the dutch! check you tube for feyenoord and rotterdam -

football is attached to firms - hooligans - violence - passion - life - everything - these guys are the ultimate fan that no commercial football club wants to own up to

but those firms have players today on the pitch who were born n bred of it

it may not be right - it may be wrong

but denying it is just having your eyes wide shut - cos so far - no one has stopped it - its just your news has decided not to talk about it so much

hmmmmm who could influence your news when clubs like man city have already spent 1 billlion!!! on players "

I dont deny foortball rivalry - the gangs on south shields quay after derby games are testimony of that. I dont have sky sports to preach to me. I go to the games and talk to my friends and neighbours about football

over a year ago

im no 100% on sunderland and newcastle being the major firms of rivalry in the uk

though i dont have stats to hand

sunderland seats about 50 thousand

newcastle about 52

rangers seats ehhh 54 ish i think

celtic eh 60

aberdeen v celtic in the cup just this weekend - 3 guys stabbed 3 tims celtic fans - one on life support and the cops cordened off the area - the one on life support i dont directly know but know through a pal in work - thats just a local cup game

and this is a small central scotland town 34 miles from glasgow

would be interesting to hear from anyone who knows or has relations or pals - in firms

millwall

west ham

tottenham

etc millwall being one of the scariest feckers

these firms - easy to call em sheep but my god meet these guys - enter their lives - see the insane bias and try n tell me they are sheep after that

yeah they may be - but thats sheep the police wont even deal with

but the news tells us otherwise - football is whether you like it or not rooooooted in firms - in histories of hatred and simple tribal clashes

some of my scariest moments has been with these people - and i mean scary from the point of view that i do not at all condone or agree - but my god i dare you to share that view on a bus with em

there is football

and then there is fooooootball a way other side that the press and the clubs and the cops and al the money doooo not want to show on telly and its swept under the carpet

over a year ago

on a side issue the rugby team as portrayed in the film Alive

is a total side issue

thats about survival in a harsh situation and cannibalism as a means to survive and totally unrelated to nail bombs being issued to threated someone in footy

the issues are the hatred and the threat that can get out of hand in the passion of football

and neil lennon is no shrinking violet

for many reasons he is a very hated man

By *ertnbeckyCouple
over a year ago

oldham

football hooligans are nothing but SCUM they need dealing with by the army if the police wont do it

Post new Message to Thread